Windows CE and Databases in VS 2005 #2

I want to create a DB app in windows CE.  I do not have experience with t
CE.

Can you still use .cdb files in Windows CE?  Or must one use SQL databases?

It seems there's not much documentation for this.  Any help appreciated!!!

TIA

no5148 (61)
7/29/2006 2:01:56 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

550 [PERMFAIL] destination not valid within DNS #2
I am getting this message from only one sent e-mail address. I know it is good, because it is in reply to the person's original e-mail and I can send from Yahoo. Any ideas? John <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am getting this message from only one sent e-mail > address. I know it is good, because it is in reply to the > person's original e-mail and I can send from Yahoo. Any > ideas? That's not an Outlook problem but a complaint from the receiving mail server that the domain of the address you specified can't be found in the DNS of ...

Hyperlinks from Word Doc to Access Database
I have an end user that inserted several hyperlinks within her Word 2003 document that links to a server that houses all our Access databases. One hyperlink out of all the ones she has listed, opens the database and it only shows a portion of it. It is almost like it was shoved to the right side of the screen. There are no scroll bars or anything. If you open that same database from Windows Explorer, it opens fine where you can see the full form. We are running XP, Office 2003...the end user has a resolution of 800x600, but it didn't matter. I can log in as admin on 2 other ma...

Save as PDF not working on a domained Windows 7/Vista box
I have an VB script that has worked fine for any XP box. The script does a save as PDF (using the save as pdf add in) for excel, then save the pdf in a file within SharePoint on an external site. As we plan on moving to Windows 7 we have tested this and have issues with the file acturally saving. it creates a file put the file is empty. this also happens on Vista. but has no issues when it comes to XP. Applications: Office 2007 SP 2 MOSS SP1 Save as PDF add-in Script: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim iReply As Integer iReply = MsgBox(Prompt:="By usin...

urgent java architect required #2
hi partners, we are having a urgent requirement for java architect with our clients located at chennai,hyderabad and bangalore if u r intrested send u r updated resume mail to: gangadhar.sadhu@optionsindia.com Job Profile The company is looking for outstanding java, j2ee professionals with atleast 4 years experience in java,j2ee,xml,jsp,coding and development, Working on large international software projects . Education: BE/B.Tech/MCA/M.Tech/M.S Experience: 4-10Yrs Candidate with experince in coding and development preferred) - Current Role and Responsibilities - Reporting Structure...

The mail proxy for this folder could not be found. #2
I am trying to set a mail alias for a public folder. (ex: foldername@ad.company.com) When I try get properties on a public folder in Exchange System Manger, I receive an error: "The mail proxy for this folder cannot be found. This may be due to replication delays. The mail enabled pages will not be shown. ID no: C1038a21" I looked up this error message and found KB 322123, but the routing group it describes does not appear. There is still a ADC (AD connector) from 5.5, but it's not doing anything I know of. I'm running on a 2003 Exchange Cluster, recently upgraded from E...

Outlook attachment location #2
How can I set attachment location in VB or C# code so when code launches the OL, user clicks on File insert button, it opens the location/folder I set in code. Thanks ...

SQL Server vs PostGress ,DB2 and Oracle
We are looking @ changing our Oracle DB with either SQL Server 2008 R2, PostGress or DB2. Does SQL SErver 2008 R2 support Pl/SQL? > Does SQL SErver 2008 R2 support Pl/SQL? No, you will need to alter the script "BillVAS" <BillVAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3712F2DC-5BFB-49AC-A041-8D7433434475@microsoft.com... > We are looking @ changing our Oracle DB with either SQL Server 2008 R2, > PostGress or DB2. > > Does SQL SErver 2008 R2 support Pl/SQL? I seriously doubt that anyone, other than Oracle, supports PL/SQL. As...

Exchange 2003 on WIndows 2003
I installed SP1 and now my exchange server page file is huge. Has anyone had this problem. I did the When you are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 with more than 1 GB of RAM, it is recommended that you set the SystemPages registry key to zero. This recommendation contrasts with the recommendation for Windows 2000 Server, which is to set SystemPages to a value between 24000 and 31000. The recommended memory settings for Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 with more than 1 GB of RAM are as follows: a.. If you host mailboxes or public folders on a server with more ...

personal folder size showing different #2
Why is personal folder size showing different in outlook and windows explorer. In outlook personal folder properties, it shows 2706KB but in explorer it shows 2500KB. pls help to advise asap. thanks ...

Text window not displaying inside loop
I have a utilty I'm in the process of writing for montoring the amount of remaining space on a number of network drives. I'm adding functionality to loop every X-seconds then checking the figures again. Eventually these figures will be written to a file but for now I'm trying to display them fresh on each loop to a text box. CString Output; while (CountDown--) { Output.Empty(); .. .. // extract figures and format into Output .. m_DriveList.SetWindowText (Output); // display figures Sleep (1000); // wait a second } In the current configuration this should accumulat...

windows search
This was originally posted to windowsxp.general but got no responses so I am going to post here now thinking that I posted to the wrong group. If there is another group I should post to please let me know. WIN XP SP3 When in Windows Explorer and click on a folder Windows Search comes up. What I really want it to do is just open the folder. It used to do that but now I have to right click and then select open. I'm not even sure what changed that caused this "new version" of Search to come up. I looked in Tools|Folder Options|View but don't see anything that l...

no sound. completed a clean install of windows & updates
-- have a wonderfull day Joy to the world! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "jason killion" <jasonkillion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19C5EB05-34C2-45A1-BA0B-882FFB3233D4@microsoft.com... > > -- > have a wonderfull day ...

Can receive but not send #2
Can receive e-mail no problems.. can't send. I have verified several times my SMTP with my ISP I seem to have the correct info but I get an error message "...can't locate server" ...

How to instruct Windows to copy some files from setup CD?
Hi, all, My program need to install East Asia language support to user's machine. Just like that when user click "Control Panel->Region and Language Options->Language->Install files for East Asia languages". I want to tell user when need insert insert CD and reboot. I want to implement this function in my VC code. How could I do? Thanks for ANY word. WizardLee ...

Cash Flow Predictor in Account Window in 2007?
Just upgraded from 2004 to 2007 Deluxe. One feature I really liked in '04 was the cash flow predictor chart at the bottom of each account window. That's seemingly disappeared in '07 and is only avail. in the separate cash flow window. Is there a setting in '07 to get what I want? Thanks, Mike Nope. Register feedback was the first thing anybody with "performance issues" was told to disable. M05 permanently, err, "disabled" it. "mloy" <mloy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:81byg.20881$ZH1.7123@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Just up...

How to convert time to decimal format automatically... #2
sorry for the late respond cause i'm a little bit busy, well...it's working and its great, but how can i do that from A1 to A200 (it just an example) to convert time to decimal automatically. thanks for fast and great answer! -- alek23 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ alek23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15553 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=271166 To convert times entered in column A, change J.E.'s code so it checks the target column, instead of the ta...

Trouble with IE sense all the windows updates last night
Its mainly one sight now...when I go in it keeps closing then reopening...but I think it might be because of the updates seeings thats when this started,,i get a message it says "is a problem with this website causing the tab to close and reopen".....so I am asking is there a way for me to fix this issue or do I have to wait for the site to fix it . Were others using this site that did a sytem restore and it took care of that but I dont have that option as my computer stopped allowing system restores years ago for some reason. And besides that its only the one site I am...

Upgrading from CRM 1.2 to 3.0
I am upgrading from Microsoft CRM 1.2 to 3.0. During the installation process, I get the following two warnings: - Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft CRM ASP.NET Application Pool account. - Setup was unable to verify that the "Trust for Delegation" property is enabled for the computer object. Any idea on what these warnings mean and how to address them? Jeff I am doing a new install of CRM 3.0 and have the exact same errors. Does anyone know what to do to fix this. I have delegated the computer account in AD, but not sure what to do to fix the ASP.NET pool ac...

TransferSpreadsheet Error #2
I am using the DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet method in an Access Form to export Data to an Excel workbook. Sometimes the method works, sometimes I get the following error: Error Number: 3310 Error Description: This property is not supported for external data sources or for databases created with a previous version of Microsoft Jet. The table being exported is actually a query, and the database has been created with the current version of Jet (4.0). Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks, DJ Are there functions on the query? Are any properties set on columns of the queries, like date...

What are the differences in Money 2005 vs. 2004?
Have the budgeting and reporting features been made any more flexible? With 2004, if I want to track the amount of taxes I paid, but not include them on a budget, I can't. What are the features upgraded, and is it worthwile? Have you read the product information available at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/consumer/money05-materials.asp? Very close to nobody here has it yet, so it's a hard question to answer. "Nehmer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:291201c49b1c$84d1ad60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Have the budgeting and reporting fea...

Windows Battery Driver
Hi, I am trying to develop a battery driver to run on a custom computer system with windows XP. Battery data is relayed to the computer through a custom board which connects to the windows computer using a USB connection. The battery driver needs to display battery status and shut down the computer when the battery is running too low. I am having trouble finding a battery driver sample. Does anyone have anything that could help me get started? A sample application would be great. Thanks Hi Mike, i guess you are looking for a miniclass driver and this is the best place to s...

Windows Vista wont sleep
My custom built gameing computer wont goto sleep. I updated from xp to Vista home premium about a year ago. And only in the last few months has it not wonted to sleep. It only turns of the monitors and stays awake. I tried microsofts sugestion of powercfg -h on. Can anybody tell me anything else -- CKYRules ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CKYRules's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/262463.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1359803.htm http://forums.techarena.in On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 06:19:48 -...

update window or invalidate or something
Hi, I have an MDI. I also have a dialog which represent a progress bar. When I show the progress bar dialog, the data behind (all MDI data) is not redrawn, so it looks like in a middle of something. I want the GUI in the back, to be drawn, how do I do it ? 10x, Janiv. The progress bar thread code is as following: DWORD WINAPI ThreadProgressBar(LPVOID lpParameter) { ConfigToolUtils* pUtils = (ConfigToolUtils*)lpParameter; CProgressBarDlg* pProgressBar = new CProgressBarDlg; pProgressBar->Create(IDD_DIALOG_PROGRESS_BAR); pProgressBar->CenterWindow(); pProgressBar->UpdateWindow...

same amounts from two different database
Hi! I would like to know, how can I match same amounts from two different database??? link the tables ...

Conversion ? #2
How do you convert Quicken 2005 Files to Money 2005 ? In microsoft.public.money, James McNulty wrote: >How do you convert Quicken 2005 Files to Money 2005 ? > You don't. Money (N) will normally convert Quicken (N-1) or earlier. You can't convert it directly, but can't you export your quicken accounts, then import then in bulk? Clearly it's not as easy, and perhaps not as complete, but it does provide a mechanism to do it. I recall something about Quicken entirely abandoning QIF, including export. If true, can you export Quicken accounts to QFX, then import th...