Window Flatform Compatibility Check

Hi all,

An apllication is built. Now how I know that which modules I used are
compatible or not with a certain window flatform, Win95, Win98, Win2000...

Any tool to verify that? a freeware is more prefer

Thank you,

Ben

0
tainhan1 (20)
5/7/2004 5:10:46 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>An apllication is built. Now how I know that which modules I used are
>compatible or not with a certain window flatform, Win95, Win98, Win2000...

Ben,

You would normally build your C/C++ project with the appropriate
definitions for the minimal operating system you need to support (see
the Platform SDK "Using the Windows Headers" topic in MSDN).

>Any tool to verify that? a freeware is more prefer

Ultimately you have to thoroughly test your application on all the
platforms you'll support.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

It is generally felt to be a better approach to carefully read the documentation and not
use any call that is not documented to exist on the most restrictive platform you expect
to run on.

However, in many cases when you try to call an API function that does not exist, your
program simply won't load on the platform in question. In some cases, however, the
function exists, but will return FALSE (or other appropriate failure indicator) and
GetLastError will return an error code "not implemented". Therefore, it is considered a
Really Good Idea that if you use functions whose existence is problematic, you suitably
test the API results and don't just assume the call worked.
					joe

On Fri, 7 May 2004 10:10:46 -0700, "Ben" <tainhan@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>An apllication is built. Now how I know that which modules I used are
>compatible or not with a certain window flatform, Win95, Win98, Win2000...
>
>Any tool to verify that? a freeware is more prefer
>
>Thank you,
>
>Ben

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Window Security (GP 7.5)
Hello, I would like to limit access to a specific window. I am trying to remove some user access from the Customer Maintenance Options window. This can be accessed using the Options button on the Customer Maintenance window. I cannot find this window listed in the Security Setup window as other windows are. Is it even possible to set access rights to this window? Thanks, -- Jessie Try using By Dictionary in Advanced Security. I don't know if the subwindow can be controlled but the By Dictionary option might give you the granularity you need. -- Charles Allen, MVP "J...

monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet formula
I'm working on a monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet. What I want to do is have the check register link to the allowed balances in the monthly budget. I have two fields in my monthly budget for each item. A projected cost and actual cost. I want to link entries in the check registry to the actual cost of the fields in the monthly budget. I plan to use account numbers to link these fields to each other. For example . . . Say I buy groceries for $50. When I enter this into the check registry I enter all the necessary information along with an account number that links this tra...

Planning Lead time-Item Vendors Maintenance window
Previously used manufacturing and MRP in v9 and the Planning Lead time on the Item Vendors Maintenance window (bottom left corner), we used to enter 7 for the number of days in 1 week. MRP then suggested to place PO's using these 7 days as one week. Now when we enter 35 for example ( V9 calculated 5 weeks for placing the PO) Now since V10 it looks like it is calculating 7 weeks lead time (35 days divided by 5 days) Did something change with V10 on this field and how MRP uses it with the Request Resolution window? thanks! -- Doug The system now looks at calendars and can conside...

Error message in windows mail 12-21-09
I just set up my account and the existing messages imported fine, but when I try to send mail I get the following error: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'new e-mail', Account: 'mail.td-wm.com', Server: 'mail.td-wm.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Please help. Double check that all your account settings are correct. If they are, then e-mail scanning is a likely...

Will Publisher 97 work with later versions of windows?
just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? Jon Yes... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "belly483" <belly483@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00a801c34c73$dd061820$a101280a@phx.gbl... > just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later > versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? > > Jon Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from belly483 <belly483@hotmail.com> > just wondering if publisher 97 will wo...

Want Input boxes to accept unicode strings on Standard Windows XP
I have a MFC application that is currently built with MBCS mode. If I run the program on a Chinese OS (Windows XP), the input boxes (Edit Controls) can accept Chinese chars and display correctly. If I run it on a standard English XP, the input boxes won't accept Chinese chars (display as "????") -- please note that I have already installed CKJ on the system and IE and Outlook can display Chinese correctly. Is this just because of different MFC libraries used for the application? Can I force the application running on Standard XP to use the unicode libraries so ...

Excel 2000 running on Windows XP SP2 does not properly open CSV fi
The same file opened in using Excel 2000 running in Windows 2000 Pro open properly. The rows and columns are formatted properly. The same Excel 2000 opening the same CSV file but on Windows XP SP2 will not properly format the rows and columns. Hi check your regionals ettings in Windows ('Start - Control Panel') I'd suspect you have different column delimiters specified (comas versus semicolons for example) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4985F8F5-5D33-425E-989C-65529CE63D05@mic...

RE: Check this correction update
--wnmfhdyuimbuoogb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="grtwgjbbz"; type="multipart/alternative" --grtwgjbbz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mrihmqcdiuwpmb" --mrihmqcdiuwpmb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your c...

Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created several files in Word 2008 using templates (.dot) files previously used with Word 2003/2007. Unfortunately, my customer keeps receiving an error when opening the new file I create. The new file (created in .doc format) has some hidden data that is pointing to the template folder on my Mac. The error looks like: Could not open: 'user:Libarary:Application Support:Microsoft:Offce:User Templates:template.dot My customer can fix this error by using the remove hidden data tool inside Office 2003, but that&...

Setting up OWA with Windows Certificate
Hi everyone, I need to configure my OWA to make use of a certificate generated by a Windows 2003 server for an Exchnage 2003 server. I know how to do this using third party (Verisign) certs but I need to find a free solution. If you could point me to the correct documentation it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Jose One of your options would be to use your own Certificate Authority. You can install this from the Win2k3 Server CD. With that you can generate your own certificate just like verisign. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Windows Mail
I have recently got Windows Mail. I keep getting a message saying to create an association for the program I am trying to open, (Microsoft Powerpoint). Windows Vista. I can get into Set Associations, but dont know what to do after that. Help You really should have opened your own thread . . . . . Go to Start - Default Programs - Set Your Default Programs - see list of programs on left - select Windows Mail - on right, just below the "pane", you should see "This program has all its defaults". If not, select the second green arrow at bottom, "Choose d...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

Windows 7 x64 msnmsgr.exe crash
When Windows Live Messenger starts up when I log in, I very often get an application crash. Details are: Source Windows Live Messenger Summary Stopped working Date ‎3/‎31/‎2010 19:53 Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: msnmsgr.exe Application Version: 14.0.8089.726 Application Timestamp: 4a6ce533 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: 10100002 Exceptio...

checking for existance of file before running macro
I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I want to be able to check to see if it's there first and if it's not send a msg to the user stating that the file isn't there. When the user clicks okay on the box I want the macro to end without error. Can anyone help? thx, Jim You can use the Dir() function: dim myFilename as string myfilename = "C:\autoexec.bat" if dir(myfilename) = "" then 'it's not there else 'yes, it is end if Jim wrote: > > I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I wan...

Center Access2007 Form in the middle of access Main Window
Thank You Is there any easy way to center access 2007 forms in the middle of the screen (Monitor) or access main window. and give me good result Hello, I think there is no built in feature to achieve this goal. You may need to create a new form and configure it as the main window. You could enumerate forms and create buttons etc to open forms from this main form. For example, you could use hte following code enumerate forms in your database: Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb Set cntContainer = db.Containers("Forms") For Each doc In cntContainer.Documents Str...

spell check in office basic or office Pro?
which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put me in the excel user group..sorry barb Barb All of the office suite have Spellcheck. Take your pick, MS Works, Office Standard, Office Student, Office Pro. HTH Michael "barb" wrote: > which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? > office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put > me in the excel user group..sorry > barb ...

check boxes
I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer using check boxes. I sent that template to my laptop to complete working on the template and the check boxes now show up like this: {form check box} How do I get this to go back to a check box? Hi JOLOJO58, Simple: Press Alt-F9 to toggle the field code view. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "JOLOJO58" <JOLOJO58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C83A55C-B768-43BE-A171-762EEA78DEAC@microsoft.com... >I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer...

Windows 7 slow LAN connectivity
It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy anything and is slow beyond any reason. Even when I connected one of them via wire it's still terribly slow and even freezes from time to time. One of the PCs is XP the other runs 7 Ultimate. I already disabled that thing that checks for connection errors or something but still no joy. yaro yaro137 wrote: > It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi > AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy > a...

CRM 4 Advance Finds with Windows 7
I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a resolution yet. When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list. For example. Open advanced find, Select Activities and use saved view [new] In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK. At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not be clicked on. This will always happen on a new adv...

Attachments in Windows Mail
Somehow I changed all my old attachments to PDF, I can't open anything without going to Adobe Photoshop.....What did I do??? how can I fix them back??? "jay jay" <jay jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4B8E2DB-67F3-4C65-8D45-14CBDAF0101D@microsoft.com... > Somehow I changed all my old attachments to PDF, I can't open anything > without going to Adobe Photoshop.....What did I do??? how can I fix them > back??? ...

How do I create an A3 size document using Windows 7
A3 is not listed in the pre-set schedule of document sizes in Windows 7 (unlike previous versions of Windows). How do I create such a document using Windows 7? Does your printer support A3? Word/Windows will display the paper sizes supported by the default (or currently active) printer. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "A3 documents in Windows 7" <A3 documents in Windows 7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2647F06-5560-41A6-9C2F-462E6198C989@microsoft.com... > A3 is ...

Security descriptors in Windows Server 2003
Hello Expert(s) In windows 2003 SP2 server if we run "chkdsk /f" in data volume then the Chkdsk.exe utility incorrectly identifies and resets security descriptors to default value. Do you have any idea how to fix that issue because in my environment there servers with more than 500 GB data and needs chkdsk /f to be run. Cheers, AD The CHKDSK utility incorrectly identifies and deletes in-use security descriptors http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831374/ -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Pr...

Display Screen 1/2 Grid; 1/2 VBE (or at least Code Window)
Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and side by side) a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window? If you just want to look at macros do a cltr+' (key to left of 1). John North Yorkshire UK "Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:Fqb7d.10064$0j.2648@lakeread07... > Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and > side > by side) > a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window? > > Jim With Excel workbook open to the sheet of your choice and VBE o...

Excel compatible with Microsoft Works
Is Excel 2000 compatible with Microsoft Works Spreadsheet? Thanks! Hi Debbie, Excel (XL2000 and all other versions) cannot open a Works spreadsheet file nor can it save a file in that format. Works can open an XLS file; you need to select the XLS in the File Type box of the File Open dialog. BUT: Works has far less functionality that Excel so unless the XLS file is very simple a lot of 'stuff' will be lost. Works it can save a file in that format; use File SaveAs as specify XLS as the file type. Hope this is clear and of some help to you. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/blieng...

linked pages not working properly in mspub2000 for windows
Hi, On a pc, I created a 31 page document possibly done in Pub.98 that functioned perfectly. Now, while trying to edit/revise that document on a new computer in Pub 2000, finding that when I add new/additional text, instead of the text linking to the next page, it links to a page at the end of the document. For example, I am typing on page 20 and instead of the text continuing onto page 21, it jumps to the end of the document (page 31) I have tried to create links between pg 21 & 22, but can't create a link- I get a message that there is 'text'. It will only link to a bla...