Window disappears by clicking the caption

Hey everybody,

I�ve written my own messagebox class in order to show costum icons.
Everything works fine until I accidently clicked the caption of the
message-window and realized that it disappeared (which probably means
somehow the modal loop was interrupted).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

    Sighn

0
sighn (4)
8/30/2003 12:03:53 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Not sure if this would work, but overload the OnSize=20
method, use the SetWindowPos, and have the Z-order to be=20
top most.  Check the documentation to make sure.

Larry

costum icons.
>Everything works fine until I accidently clicked the=20
caption of the
>message-window and realized that it disappeared (which=20
probably means
>somehow the modal loop was interrupted).
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>    Sighn
>

>.

0
lsiddens1 (7)

Testing if a window handle is valid.
I have a thread which gets passed the handle of the window that created it so it can post messages. But it is crashing. Can I test if this handle is still valid? You would store a CWnd * in your thread (to send messages to) and call GetSafeHwnd() to see if the CWnd * is still attached to a window. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d64ehwhz(VS.80).aspx Tom "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3487AF91-03EE-42A5-9508-9A3948FA393D@microsoft.com... >I have a thread which gets passed the handle of the window that created it &g...

Slow display search window
Hello, It takes some seconds (about 20) to display search window. Is anyone know what's the trouble ? Idem for control panel. Thanks. ...

window based authentication with members defined in a distribution list. 02-18-10
I want windows based authentication for a particular folder of my web pages. This page should be accessible to only some of the managers and some other roles. I don't want to allow or deny role and persons in web.config. Rather, is it possible that a distribution list created in active directory of the domain and linked with web config? The logins that are there in the distribution list will only be able to view the pages and others will get error.aspx page. In this way, the non-technical higher position persons will also be able to grant and deny access to other membe...

locking pages maximised in windows 7
How can I make the pages and folders open maximised IE fullscreen on windows 7 please, I would like them to open fullscreen by default. Dragging out doesnt work nor does F11 as the next time i open it is back to the third sized screen. cheers NR Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Internet Explorer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele Co-author: "Access 2010 Solutions", p...

red line in the middle of media player window
Every video i have tried to watch on my windows media player has had a red line down the middle from top to bottom. does anyone know how to get rid of it or what is going on? ...

Windows 2008 NLB
Hello, I'm just setting up my first NLB in 2008 std. In your experience is it best to setup an NLB in multicast or unicast and is it best if both servers are in their own VLAN? Thanks Hi Whiteford, did you check if NLB over different subnets is supported even configurable ? Why do you need that ? Haven't seen yet an implementation where NLB nodes was on different IP networks. If supported the answer will depend on what you want to run on your NLB cluster. This requirements will normally be defined from the application side. I personally would start here w...

lost updates ,windows vista
I tried to update my comp. with windows updates and received none? Updates were installed: Never no updates available. I have windows vista home prem with 64 bit and I can't find my updates on my comp. ! year old with all the updates and they are gone ,no old &no new updates? I need help!!!!!!! What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine (e.g., a f...

Zooming in chart by 2 click ??
Hello all, Is there anyone who can tell me if it is possible to zoom in a chart by clicking 2 points on that one. Let's say a have a chart from where axis is from 01/01/2005 to 01/01/2006 with 1 point per day (365 points). Can i click 1 point - tht will be the entry point - and click an other one that will be the end of the zoom? Thanks for your help Herve. -- herve ------------------------------------------------------------------------ herve's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

Re-Post: Icon Not Shwoing Up In Picture COntrol Upon Recreation Of Window
I thought I'd re-phrase my strange icon question: I use the following code in OnInitDialog for a secondary window opened in the main window by hitting DoModal(): P_Icons[0] = IDI_BACK; HICON hIcon1 = (HICON) ::LoadImage(GetModuleHandle(NULL),MAKEINTRESOURCE(P_Icons[0]),IMAGE_ICON,38,41,LR_DEFAULTCOLOR); m_hole_1.SetIcon(hIcon1); UpdateData(FALSE); This works, and the picture control's icon is change periodically. However, when the window is destroyed (hitting the OnOk button), and the window is re-created again from the main window with DoModal again, the picture control shows the ...

Windows Update won't show the updates that it wants to install
Hi All I just got the new updates for my Vista Biz OS. Problem is that it won't show the name of the updates that it is going to install, it just shows that they are 5. Now, I need to know *what* I am installing before I do that, right? How come it is not showing that? Bug? I checked the computer with my AV and antispyware software: system is ok. Any ideas? thanks Are you telling us that when you go to Windows Update or Microsoft Update and you do the scan for Updates then when the scan finishes all it shows you after that there are 5 of them but it does no...

Windows Update Query - nVidia - Display
Hi there,&nbsp; I am&nbsp;fairly conscientious when it comes&nbsp;to downloading the Windows Online Updates that&nbsp;I am periodically prompted to do. There is a recent "Important Update" request (nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G) that is&nbsp;bigger than usual&nbsp;- 85.8Mb. I have a 350Mb per month&nbsp;data package, which is more than adequate for my use (I don't download music, videos, etc), but downloads like this Windows Update really have an impact on my data allocation, especially when I am not to sure what its use is / why it is need...

Windows File Share
Hi, In our org folder share is blocked from one computer to another. Pls guide me a small to share the files between the machines in the LAN. OS : Windows XP Thanks in Advance. Regards, Maghesh "MS Office Outlook Error" <MSOfficeOutlookError@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB76DE6F-0289-4483-BD89-A6F714298059@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > In our org folder share is blocked from one computer to another. Pls guide > me a small to share the files between the machines in the LAN. > > OS : Windows XP > > Thanks in Ad...

Anyone receive the email "The Golden Age of Windows 7 Forums"?
That was an editorial piece of work, eh? Long live newsgroups! Terry R. -- Anti-spam measures are included in my email address. Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply. ...

using windows mail
when I try to send through window mail, I get error msg. error10060 OX800cccoe Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F393030B-D730-4AE9-8BD4-856087C52EA6@microsoft.com... > when I try to send through window mail, I get error msg. error10060 > OX800cccoe > Jeanne, try Meghan's reply up abo...

MRP and Item Resource Planning Window
Can anyone tell me the requirements for the Item Resource Planning window? Default Values on the Site. Is it necessary to add a buyer or planner to the Default Site (and add the order policy) as well as the individual sites? For example if the default site is blank for buyer, and order policy is not planned, but the site records has a buyer ID and the order policy is 'lot for lot' will MRP still function properly? thanks! -- Doug ...

multiple program windows?
How can I enable a second excel program window to view on a secon monitor connected to a laptop -- tafstewar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tafsteward's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2593 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39304 You would use the same Excel instance, but drag the right border of Excel to run into the next display. If it cannot be done with just the graphics cards, you could download and try the stuff from www.ultramon.com. It will do it for sure, ...

Hi, How can i load a bitmap in an SDI frame window instead of the default grey colored window. Expecting all kind of help Thanks Jowins Take over the WM_ERASEBKGND message, in there load your bitmap and bitblt it on to the dc. Don't forget to return true from WM_ERASEBKGND or else the system will over ride your bitmap with the gray stuff. Ali R. "Jowins" <jowins@eximsoft.com> wrote in message news:25f6101c38e30$1988b570$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > How can i load a bitmap in an SDI frame window instead of > the default grey colored window. > Expecting all kin...

How long will LOTUS 123 be supported by windows?
We are converting many old LOTUS files to EXCEL. There is no rush, but I have to establish a timeline What is the chance that LOTUS 123 Millenium Edition won't work* in the next year? 5 years? 10 years * Won't work = can't launch the application in Windows or will conflict with EXCEL running at the same time? Laurie Weissbrot wrote: > We are converting many old LOTUS files to EXCEL. There is no rush, > but I have to establish a timeline. What is the chance that LOTUS 123 > Millenium Edition won't work* in the next year? 5 years? 10 years? > > * Won't wo...

Outlook 2003 issue after Windows 2003 SP1 install...
Hello all, I was curious to know if anyone already found a fix to this issue : When you are using Outlook 2003 on a Windows 2003 SP1 box (not the exchange box, I really mean the outlook box), you can't connect anymore to the exchange server (which is up to date). Is there any fix for that ? I tried to deactivate firewall feature but nothing changes, it still can't connect to the Exchange server. The only way to fix this seems to be the rollback of Windows 2003 SP1 (?!?) Can someone provide some input here ? Regards. Any event in the Event viewer logs (on yours and the Exc...

Windows Active Directory Interview Questions
Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see them http://www2.isupportyou.net/2010/07/some-windows-active-directory-interview.html Cherry wrote: > Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions > on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows > 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see > them > http://www2.isupp0rty0u.net/2o1o/o7/s0me-wind0ws-active-dire...

ctrl + click multiple windows
Hi, Is there a way to give multiple MDI children windows activation focus? I'd like to let the user ctrl + click on multiple windows at the same time so they're all 'active'. Then clicking without ctrl being held should unactivate all except the one just clicked. I have something working right now but it is a lot of code to keep track of all these different click combinations. I'm wondering if there is some already accepted way to do it. I just have an app wizard generated MDI application. Thanks There may be some crazy way to simulate this somehow (it would be a lot ...

Outlook 2003
When I right click or select "File" or "Edit", the menu with does not appear, just a faint right and bottom edge. The same happens when selecting the menu buttons such as "New Message" or "Move to Folder". I have already tried reinstalling and repairing using the disc. ...

windows messenger
i am using windows vista and am getting a windows messenger pop up on sign in. i thought i didn't have messenger available. how do i get rid of the pop up it is annoyiong You will find support for Windows Live Messenger in this newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger davie wrote: > i am using windows vista and am getting a windows messenger p...

windows reporting problems
I am a fairly new, novice user, but I've told by a third party that I have many 'Windows Reporting Problems' listed. I find that I have over 400 and it apparently is taking up space on my graphics card and hence degrading it's performance. It has also been suggested I should uninstall Windows and start again, which sounds pretty drastic to me. Advice please. Thanks John. Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever versi...

How to set up Agree/Disagree window?
At my school each pupil now has individual login username and password. Each time a PC is logged into I'd like to display the school IT policy, with two pushbuttons -"I agree" and "I disagree" - displayed at the bottom. If the user chooses "I disagree" the session ends and they are automatically logged out. How do I set one up? You'll need someone to write a program. This isn't something that's native to Windows XP. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CAF9EE3-FA71-4750-ABF4-E0C...