Wince 5.0 : why does ASSERT_KINDOF fails on a derived class

class MainCoreTab : public CPropertyPage {
}

MainCoreTab mainCoreTab;

mainCoreTab.IsKindOf(RUNTIME_CLASS(CPropertyPage));

returns false where

mainCoreTab.IsKindOf(RUNTIME_CLASS(MainCoreTab));

returns true.

What am I missing here?

on http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4d38h138.aspx : "This macro
asserts that the object pointed to is an object of the specified class,
or is an object of a class derived from the specified class."

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

fixed: rechecked my DECLARE_DYNAMIC and IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC macros....

HELP! Send Mail Fail, WHY??
One of my user was able to send and receive mail find when he is at home using his cable modem. When he is at his son's home at VA he was able to receive mail but not send. This happen to him in a couple other places but not all the places. Does anyone know what is going on with my exchange 5.5 server or is it the ISP at where he is at is the problem? Thanks YH Yieng Him <yhim@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in news:BBDE50BB.545F%yhim@mail.med.upenn.edu: > One of my user was able to send and receive mail find when he is at > home using his cable modem. When he is at his son...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...

Phone field should allow for 5 digit extension number.
Many companies, including Microsoft, have 5 digit extensions for their phone numbers. i.e xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. xxxxx Dynamics is limited to 4. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/...

lotus notes 6.5.3 local area server connection setup !!!
Hello All, I need to find lotus notes 6.5.3. connection server setup details. After I was installed 6.5.3 .I go to setup local area connection server.Type for Server name: xxxxxxxxxxxx then Destination server address setup to xxxxxx for address after that Open the link to the databases on the server, File - Database - Open but there is no my server name in this point Can anybody to help me about this. thanks. Aydin YILDIZ ay_yildiz1881@yahoo.com No, but a support group for Lotus Notes would be where I would start. = Whatever made you think this is an Outlook issue? --=20 Milly S...

CComboBox #5
I have VC6 and am using MFC. I'm using RichEdit. I'm calling a modeless dialog box (Dialog Editor) that contains two CComboBoxes. The program works fine but with one exception: Whenever you select the arrow button next to the dropdown list box it doesn't come up with the list box at all! What can I do to make this work? There's got to be something simple. (If I haven't cover it all feel free to ask me.) Any help would be appreciated. Scott "Scott Starker" <Scott_Starker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23Y7kzBksDHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I h...

Exchange 5.5 sp4 - MAPI clients can not connect
We have an Exchange 5.5 server running on WIN2k O/S. It been running fine for a long time. Recently, users have been losing connection(s) to the store. Each time the store and all Exchange services are running properly and MAILBOX resources via the admin pull up successfully. The only remedy for our 100 + MAPI clients (only), is to restart the Exchange services, then, they can log back in... same issue will re-occur a day or two later. I'm suspecting something is screwing up RPC connections that prevent the MAPI users to get to their e-mail accts. STORE.EXE version is 5.5.2658.3...

An Exchange 5.5 Mailbox won't disappear when servers sync
We have 2 Exch 5.5 servers, one in UK and one in Kenya - they are happily synching address lists (we have tested this over the past 24 hours) A few days ago one of our mailboxes here had to be moved to the Kenya server (this is a common thing that we have to do when staff from UK go to work in Africa - due to bandwidth etc!!!) and I deleted the mailbox here. After several syncs the Kenya server still "sees" the mailbox and so the mailbox cannot be added locally. We have tried rebooting, requesting full directory syncs, but nothing seems to shift it. We've created and deleted ma...

The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to sta
Several error messages in the System event log as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7000 Date: 5/12/2004 Time: 3:18:56 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM01 Description: The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to start due to the following error: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Hi Brian I have had same hassle at one of ou...

OWA 2003
We have a recurring problem with Outlook Web Access on Exchange 2003. When users try to attach a file to a message, the "browse" box appears normally, allowing them to choose a file to attach, but when the try "attach" it, they get this error: Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable. This happens most of the time. Even from within the office at LAN speed it occurs. I've tried this, and sometimes it will succeeds after multiple attempts (so it's not a permission problem) other tim...

Send/receive, operation failed message outlook 2002
Hi, I am receiving a message stating operation failed, with my 0utlook 2002 pro. When I go to tools, send/receive, and click on my account, I can send and recieve, but I cannot do it from clicking on the send/receive on the toolbar, and the auto send/receive does not work. My email settings are set up correctly, as I can receive my test emails. I tried repairing and uninstall/reinstalling outlook, but it did not fix it. Thanks! See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS&...

If Insert Fails, then Update
Hi Everyone, I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, I just want to update a few fields. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance for your kind consideration Pat. Pat Backowski wrote: >I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy >enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, >I just want to update a few fields. Sounds like a two step process. First, update the existing records: UPDATE tbl2 SET tbl2.fa = tbl1.fa ...

Update GAL exchange 5.5
HI How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack 4. Thanks Shaikh Not sure what you mean by update GAL? SusanV "Shaikh" <smahaboob@dishnet.com> wrote in message news:ebaAdEjuDHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > HI > > How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack > 4. > > Thanks > Shaikh > > > I mean , i want to update my GAL so that old e-mail address which is deleated will remove form GAL. the reson is i am getting junk mails to old E-mail box's which r removed and system ...

Data migration strategy from custom MSSQL-based app to CRM 4.0
Hello, We have a client looking to transition to CRM 4.0 from their current home-grown application based on SQL Server 2005. I am curious to get suggestions from the group on how to approach this. Here is one approach I am considering: 1. Create denormalized views in SQL (picklist values included instead of PK/FK keys) 2. Script queries to these views that send query results to a CSV file 3. Create data mappings in DMF to perform mass import 4. Run import with fingers crossed One requirement to note is the client is not looking for a staged migration - everything must be brought over at...

Taskpad Dragging Fails
I've accidently sorted my Taskpad and I can no longer drag my tasks. Would someone please tell me how would get my dragging ability back? I"m using Outlook 2002. Thanks, Jeff ...

cell color #5
Dear All, My OS is WindowsXP pro and Office is 2003. In WindowsXP, there are many users, now there is one user in Excel, after apply the fill color, the color can not appear, only in Print Preview can see the color applied. help pls. thank you berry See this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff "berrylei" <berrylei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EE1354C-542D-4EDB-BDE6-52FDB6A3C78B@microsoft.com... > Dear All, > > My OS is WindowsXP pro and Office is 2003. > In WindowsXP, there are many users, now there is one user > in Excel...

Upgrade 7.5 to 9.0 possible issues
Hi! I'm working for clients who have GP 7.5 installed with SQL Server 2000. Few customization is done on it. They want to upgrade to 9.0 version. Could you please tell me if it's easy to perform upgrade or not? Possible issues? Also I haven't found any information about upgrading, please add links if available Thanks in advance. we're also in 7.5 just upgraded our test server with updated data to 9.0. had few bumps because I did some customizations and I knew where the problem occured. in your case, you have to know if the customizations will work on the new environ...

Changing Exch 5.5 Svc accounts
Hi, I'm trying to change the exchange 5.5 service accounts to a new account in a new domain (from oldNTDomain\oldNTAccount to newADDomain\newADAccount). However, both the Microsoft Exchange Directory service and the Microsoft Exchange Message Transfer Agent service will not start when the log on credentials are changed over to the new account. All other services will start up fine. Permissions have been granted to the new account on the org, site, containers, shares and local security policy on the Exchange server. Does anyone have any suggestions or possible next steps to resolve...

Why doesn't this work with XPath 1.0?
I'm using .Net 2.0. I realize that this means XPath 1.0 (which is ridiculous). So here's a document that I have that's not on disk but held in a variable (I queried an Exchange appointment calendar): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:d="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:calendar:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:prop> <a:parentname>http://mail.somewhere.com/davrdir/john.doe...

Exchange 5.5 relay problem #3
Hi I have Exchange 5.5 and I have relay problem. What can I do to stop the relay problem? My domain is always in black lists. Than"x S Take a look at this article: 199656 XIMS: How to Stop Spam Mail Messages from Using IMS Relay Agent http://support.microsoft.com/?id=199656 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Shay Hanya" <shay@telecode.co.il> wrote in message news:ecDJ56XpEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx....

DAO 2.5/3.5
Does some boby can help me find the DAO 2.5/3.5, I m trying to run an old database in an Access 2003 and it wont run without it. Tx, Domingos Junqueira The library is called the Microsoft DAO 2.5/3.5 Compatibility Layer. It was introduced so Access 95 and 97 could read a database created in Access 2. The current version does not support this layer. Remove the reference, and modify the code so that it does not need the libary. In many cases, you will find that there is only a small amount of code that needs changing, since DAO 3.x does most of it anyway, and even recognises many of...

pmControlNumberValidate returned the ff. DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 21
Whenever we do the edit check procedure on Great Plains Version 8 ---> Transactions--->Purchasing--->Edit Checks we get this error. The stored procedure pmControlNumberValidate returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 21032 Hi If you have access to Customersource, Knowledgebase article 854516 will hopefully solve the error. -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MGP Blog Central http://spaces.msn.com/members/hushdontspamme/ "Jess M." <Jess M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F684AA9-E4DF-4479-8844-2DE24BAF1589@microsoft.com... > ...

CRM 3.0 and SBS 2003 SP1 Hell solved... a bit.
Well I have spent 3 days and it's 3 am now.. but I have a level of success. PROBLEM Basically CRM 3.0 was failing the install step at the SQL reporting service pre install check. WHAT I TRIED that FAILED Well almost everyting, like 25 rollbacks vitrual server setups etc. A. 1. Installing SBS basic 2. Patched to SP 3. Install and patch SQL 2000 4. Manual install of reporting service 5. Patched Reporting service CRM Failed Preinstall check B. 1. SBS Basic 2. Patched SBS to SP1 3. Install SQL 2005 including Reproting service CRM Pre ins...

MS Money for Windows Mobile 5.0
Is there a version of MS Money that will run on Windows Mobile 5.0? If not, will one be available soon? Thanks for any info. See the thread below "Sync Problem with Windows Mobile 5". Apparently, you will only be able to sync with a WM5.0 device when the new version of Money is released (usually Sept each year). In the meantime, if you own a WM5 device, then you can sync with Quicken 2006, but not with Money 2006. Go figure. "Bryan Cox" wrote: > Is there a version of MS Money that will run on Windows Mobile 5.0? If not, > will one be available soon? >...

Outlook 2000 SP3 #5
Suddenly I cannot delete any item in outlook, appointments, in-box messages.... I gen an error that states: Errors have been detected in the file c:/Documents and settings..... Outlook.PST Quit all e-mail enabled applications, then use the in-box repair tool. I do this using SCANPST.EXE, same problem.. I've also done a complete DOS-Scandisk, no problems found. Can anyone help me?? How big is the file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In ne...

update fails
Every time I try to install KB979906 a MS update for net framework 1.1 sp1 it gets half installed then I hear the HD growl and it fails to install. Keeps coming back as a needed update. Any thoughts? SG Should have mentioned this: running XPpro sp3 with manual update install. This update comes back almost immediately as "updates are ready for your computer" message. "shakey" <NOONE@NOWHERE.NET> wrote in message news:up%23FZp0DLHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Every time I try to install KB979906 a MS update for net framework 1.1 sp1 > i...