Why would m_pSiteFocus get corrupt?

I have an app with a view that hosts windows media player (CWMPPlayer4).
The player is occasionally removed from the screen (using
ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and MoveWindow(CRect(0,0,0,0), FALSE) and then put back
(using the same functions as during the removal but with different param
values).
On odd occasions I get access violation  in the view's OnWndMsg().  When
this happens I can see in the debugger that m_pSiteFocus of the view
(control container) is not valid ( the pointer value seems to look OK but
its content is simply garbage).

Would anyone have any idea why this happens?

Thanks,
Bogdan

0
nobody2044 (52)
8/10/2006 7:56:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How can I get my forgotten password
I have protected my sheet in Exceel, which I forgotten my password. Would you please let me know how can I recover it? try searching password sub mcgimpsey probably won't make any difference if you do a web or a groups search. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Golam Rahman" <Golam Rahman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47998858-7F28-4CEE-A061-E0A24B5B09AD@microsoft.com... > I...

How Big can Company Data Bases get
Company running Dynamics GP Standard 1) How big can we allow their database to get? I beleive it is approaching the limit, so I would like to go through and eliminate old data. But first as their year end approaches, I would like to copy the existing data to a second data base- (a back company up per say so they could easily enter that company and then go back in time that way). Would someone have detailed instructions on how to do this? -- Clay Tait How big is it now and what makes you think it's near "the limit"? The limit tends to be pretty fluid depending on hardwar...

How to get the PivotTable report info that feeds another PivotTable report.
A pivot table can get it's data from another pivot table as so: Right click in the pivot table and select PivotTable Wizard Click the < Back button Click the next < Back button Select the "Another PivotTable report or PivotChart report" radio button and click Next > Select the pivot table containing the same data and click Finish What I want to get is the source pivot table for a pivot table. I guess I'm looking for the "parent" of the "child" pivot table :-) How can I do this in VBA? Here's the macro recording of the above steps but it di...

How do I get the formula icon back on my toolbar?
I seem to have lost the formula icon off my toolbar and don't know how to get it back so that I can do quick sums in my spreadsheet. How do I do this please? hi are you talking about the autosum icon. if so then.... right click any toolbar and from the popup. click customize. in the customize dialog, click the commands tab. on the left, click insert. on the right, scroll down to autosum right click and hold the autosum icon and drag it to where ever you want it. release the mouse. close the customize dialog. done. regards FSt1 "Andrea confused" wrote: &...

get rid of extra rows
I have this nice spreadsheet, but somehow additional rows were created at the bottom, and I can't get rid of them by "deleting", backspace, editing and deleting the formatting in those rows. Suggestions? You can't change the number of rows in an XL sheet (65536 pre-XL07, over a million in XL07). You could hide them instead (Format/Row/Hide). In article <761C1720-3B35-4FBC-8C58-A48AE057C8D4@microsoft.com>, kendallzemp <kendallzemp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have this nice spreadsheet, but somehow additional rows were created at the > bot...

Get an error when opening Public Folders
When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. Do I need a MAPI client on the server like Outlook? I always thought it was a big no no to put Outlook on the same box as Exchange is installed. Thanks On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:35:02 -0800, "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token >supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324345 > >Do I need a MAPI cl...

Upgading Office -- will I get VPC 7?
Hello all- I currently have Office v.X for the Mac; I don't have Virtual PC. I was planning to get VPC 7 w/Windows XP. However, I notice that for only $60 more I can get Office 2004 for Mac Professional Upgrade, which include VPC 7. If I buy this upgrade, will I be able to use VPC 7 even if I don't already have an earlier version of VPC? Thanks in advance, jf In article <1129607198.334577.174130@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, google@jfruh.com wrote: > Hello all- > > I currently have Office v.X for the Mac; I don't have Virtual PC. I was > planning to get ...

How do I copy a graph to new worksheet and get data from new sheet?
When I copy a worksheet with a graph or just copy a graph and paste in a new worksheet, the source data is still linked to the original worksheet. I've tried editing the sorce data to remove the sheet name to try to make it relative to the current sheet, but that gives me "Error in your formula". Is there a quick way to get the graph to link to the data in the new worksheet? Even a macro would help, if that's what it takes. Thanx in advance... If the chart is embedded in the worksheet, you should be able to copy the worksheet elsewhere, and the copied chart will point t...

Removing Corrupt styles in an excel workbook
Hello, How can I remove corrupt styles from an Excel 2000 workbook ? I've tried deleteing through the menus - but that doesn't work, and I've tried through VBA, but that fails with an error for the styles that are corrupt. (Delete method of style class failed) e.g. for i=1 to activeworkbook.styles.count:debug.print activeworkbook.styles.item(i).name:activeworkbook.styles.item(i).delete:next i Inspecting the names of the styles that are failing to delete displays a couple of non-printable characters show as squares, or Yen symbols. Any idea how to obliterate these styles ...

Getting grip on dependents
Hi, In my spreadsheet ther is a field that has a dependent in an other worksheet. How can I find that. the VB property 'dependents' will only return dependents on the same worksheet. best rgds, Ton Ton, It's a nasty one. A small extract of a much much bigger routine kludged quickly purely to demonstrate how to test it. Might be bugs in this, since I haven't tried doing anything with it. 'you would probably set up some kind of loop here but for the time being Set rngTestCell = cells(1,1) 'use the showdependents method then try and navigate along the arrows rng...

User not Getting Some External E-mail but Message Tracking says He Is
Exchange 2000 SP4, Outlook XP. External email from a particular person apparently does not get delivered to one user's Exchange mailbox even though Message Tracking shows that it has. Another user gets the same external email in his mailbox OK. I have asked the user who isn't getting mail to check to see if he hasn't created a rule to move mail from this person to another folder. Any other ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Sorry! Should have posted in Exchange 2000! "Bill Glidden" <billyg1943@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OB2PIpDMGHA.500@TK2...

Getting rid of blank rows withouth deleting them #2
I wanted to find a way to make it automatically because i have to do i in many worksheets, but this works great, Thanks a lot for the hel -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 ...

Re: New Website and getting indexed Found out that prince harry seems to be in thenews
http://pearlcompany.ca/labels/prince%20harry%20girlfriend.html seems to be really popular in google these days but with all the bragging I see on google adsense I still have yet to have one successful steady income of checks why do you guys always lie how easy it is and I haven't even got one click yet how am I suppose to get to 10 bucks to even get verified? I would rather get a steady check every two weeks I just don't get it what does it take? ...

Corrupted Downloads
With windows IE7 & IE8 on Windows XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro I cannot get a complete uncorrupted file download. I have to start Fire Fox to download the files. Where should I start looking for the problem? It looks like it downloads all the file bytes but seems to hang up at the end. -- <Bill> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska. Do you have the same experience if you disable your antivirus software before downloading? Do you have the same experience when you start Internet Explorer from the 'no add-ons' icon? If you have XP: Start > All Progr...

Error: "A failure may have corrupted the content of the item..."
Hi there! In Outlook 2002, when replying back to an email, getting error message: "A failure may have corrupted the content of the item. Copy the content to a new item, or save the item as a text file or RTF file." Has anyone ever heard of this? If so, please let me know!!! thanks!!! cat I have a user who is experiencing the same problem when trying to reply to an HTML formatted email. Using Outlook 2000. I attempted to "repair" the Office installation, with no effect. Does anyone have an answer for this one? ...

The performance counter registry hive is corrupted
Hi I have windows 2003-X64-enterprise with all the updates and I was trying to install SQL 2008 (R2_enterprise_x86_x64_ia64), and I got the performance counter registry hive is corrupted (the performance counter registry hive consistency failed ) Any advice? Thanks ...

I cannot get my sheet to fit the page
I have followed all formatting suggestions but in printing landscape, onto an 8.5 x 11" page, my worksheet still doesn't fit the entire page and is too small to read, the spaces aren't adequate enough. I have tried adjusting row height, and if I choose the scaling option then the end of my columns spill onto another page....help! I use excel 2003 and if the sheet will not fit the page, is to small to see print, then how else would you make it fit on one page but to make it even smaller. What are you actually asking for. The adjustments that have available are -- margins...

excel function to get tab name
On the first tab in my worksheet, I have several cells in a colum in which the cell reference returns the value of cell A1 from the subsequent tabs. For example, the workbook has 10 tabs named Tab1, Tab2...Tab10, and in Tab1, the formula in cell A2 is "=Tab2!A1", and the formula in cell A3 is "=Tab3!A1"....cell A10 is "Tab10!A1". Sometimes, I will add and delete these subsequent tabs (Tab2 through Tab10) and then have to manually re-link the references to A1 on each of these tabs back to the column on Tab1. Is there some way to do this with a relative r...

We are not getting mails from some domains :(
Hi I have a strange problem (not from the begining of exchange existance) Some people report us that their mails could not be delivered to our exchange server and they get those mail returned. Other external customer report us that his mail could be delivered only to one mailbox, when he try to send a mail to any other - he get returned mail. What should i check to get it working well? TIA Start by getting a copy of the NDRs. Take a look at your SMTP logs and Message Tracking. Look in the event viewer. Nue "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:%234uo$9F...

Mail Deletion and Databsae Corruption
I read a post on a mailing list that I am a member of about 6 weeks past that said that if a user deleted many mail messages at once it could cause database corruption in EX 2003. This has just happened to a frend of mine and I am trying to find the post again. Is there a Technet post about this problem, It may be a SP1 issue. Thanks Alan On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 04:19:10 -0700, "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I read a post on a mailing list that I am a member of about 6 weeks past that >said >that if a user deleted many mail messages at once it coul...

Getting CRM fields into outlook contacts?
Can someone point me to how to get one of my CRM fields (parent account) to show up in outlook contacts. I know that in outlook I have to customize current view and add the fields, just am not sure how I get that field to show up from CRM. Thanks. ...

Getting the same transactions over and over
After hours and hours of trying, I finally figured out some of my problems with '05, but this one has me stumped. Every time I open Money it downloads from the web (which is okay) but it downloads the same transactions - over, and over, and over, and over. What am I doing wrong? How do I make it stop? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Sherry wrote: >After hours and hours of trying, I finally figured out some of my problems >with '05, but this one has me stumped. Every time I open Money it downloads >from the web (which is okay) but it downloads the same transacti...

Outlook User Gets Outlook Express Notice "Can Compact Messages"
I am an Outlook user and not using Outlook Express; Outlook is my default email program. About a month ago, I started getting notices that Outlook Express can compact messages to free up disc space. I double checked the settings and they are correct; set on Outlook and not Outlook Express. I have done lots of research on line on this seems to be a recurring problem. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks. If you look in the Outlook Express newsgroup and even ask there, you'll find out that it can be triggered by third party applications. It's been covered t...

How do I get my CD into MS Publisher so I can work on the content
I jsut purchased MS Publisher 2003. How do I connect Publisher to my CD I received and is in my CD drive. What CD did you receive? Work on the content of what?...the CD? What's on the CD? If you mean you have a Pub file on the CD, copy it to your hardrive, then check the properties of the file to make sure it's not Read Only...if it is change it. Then work on the file in Publisher Just guessing here...if that's not what you mean please clarify. "JoAnn @CCI" <JoAnn @CCI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B742F41D-E267-437D-BEC4-25F54E46AA2C@...