Why is my program loading stuff from ...\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\...

One of the programs I am developing is loading a lot of stuff. Here is
part of the list that has me puzzled.

Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VERSION.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCRT4.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
\PKMWS.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
\MSONSEXT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHFOLDER.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
\1033\NSEXTINT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MYDOCS.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.

What are the three in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared
\Web Folders\...
I don't like the sound of that, If you know what I mean. 8-O
TIA,
Harvey

0
harveyab (125)
3/3/2007 9:16:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You must be linking against the that particular library (PKMWS). It appears
to be component of Sharepoint portal server. Are you doing anything in that
area? You an also run depends.exe and see what all modules your app is

Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Harvey" <harveyab@juno.com> wrote in message
> One of the programs I am developing is loading a lot of stuff. Here is
> part of the list that has me puzzled.
>
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VERSION.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCRT4.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \PKMWS.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \MSONSEXT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHFOLDER.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \1033\NSEXTINT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MYDOCS.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
>
> What are the three in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared
> \Web Folders\...
> I don't like the sound of that, If you know what I mean. 8-O
> TIA,
> Harvey

0
ajaykalra (6842)
3/3/2007 12:42:40 PM
Most of those DLLs are just standard Windows things (VERSION, the SHXXXXX
DLLs, MYDOCS).  You may be using some SDK functionality that needs these to
load for your program.  This links might be interesting to you:

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/dlllibrary/shdocvw/
http://www.auditmypc.com/process/shfolder.asp
http://www.auditmypc.com/process/mydocs.asp

The SharePoint DLLs are a little more interesting (PKMWS, MSONSEXT,
NSEXTINT)  It could be you are accessing something that is causing an Office
component to load as an OLE component.  That could load this code.  Is your
program doing anything to talk to an Office program?

The program that Ajay reference (Dependency Walker) is useful.  You can get
it free here: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Tom

"Harvey" <harveyab@juno.com> wrote in message
> One of the programs I am developing is loading a lot of stuff. Here is
> part of the list that has me puzzled.
>
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VERSION.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCRT4.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \PKMWS.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \MSONSEXT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHFOLDER.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \1033\NSEXTINT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MYDOCS.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
>
> What are the three in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared
> \Web Folders\...
> I don't like the sound of that, If you know what I mean. 8-O
> TIA,
> Harvey

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/3/2007 2:49:47 PM
Perhaps because you are using it?  Would that be a good reason?

I did the obvious search on the Internet.  PKWMS.DLL is Microsoft SharePoint API support,
so presumably you are using this in your app.  MSONSEXT.DLL is related to the Microsoft
SharePoint support. NSEXTINT.DLL is related to Microsoft SharePoint support.   Gee, could
you be using Microsoft SharePoint interfaces in your app?

You too can figure this out trivially.  Just go to google and type in the name of the DLL.
						joe

On 3 Mar 2007 01:16:02 -0800, "Harvey" <harveyab@juno.com> wrote:

>One of the programs I am developing is loading a lot of stuff. Here is
>part of the list that has me puzzled.
>
>Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VERSION.DLL', no matching symbolic
>information found.
>Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCRT4.DLL', no matching symbolic
>information found.
>Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
>\PKMWS.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
>Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
>\MSONSEXT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
>Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHFOLDER.DLL', no matching symbolic
>information found.
>Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
>\1033\NSEXTINT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
>Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL', no matching symbolic
>information found.
>Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MYDOCS.DLL', no matching symbolic
>information found.
>
>What are the three in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared
>\Web Folders\...
>I don't like the sound of that, If you know what I mean. 8-O
>TIA,
>Harvey
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
3/3/2007 3:08:02 PM
On Mar 3, 7:08 am, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...@flounder.com> wrote:
> Perhaps because you are using it?  Would that be a good reason?
>
> I did the obvious search on the Internet.  PKWMS.DLL is Microsoft SharePoint API support,
> so presumably you are using this in your app.  MSONSEXT.DLL is related to the Microsoft
> SharePoint support. NSEXTINT.DLL is related to Microsoft SharePoint support.   Gee, could
> you be using Microsoft SharePoint interfaces in your app?
>
> You too can figure this out trivially.  Just go to google and type in the name of the DLL.
>                                                 joe

No, I am not using anything like that in my program. Upon further
investigation these are loaded when my program attempts to open a non-
existant file on my desktop. The file is only a text file for testing
(x.txt as a matter of fact). I traced the execution path through the
MFC library code to the following point where I cannot step into the
system DLLs at the line indicated:

BOOL AFXAPI AfxResolveShortcut(CWnd* pWnd, LPCTSTR lpszFileIn,
	LPTSTR lpszFileOut, int cchPath)
{
	USES_CONVERSION;
	AFX_COM com;
	IShellLink* psl;
	*lpszFileOut = 0;   // assume failure

	SHFILEINFO info;
	if ((SHGetFileInfo(lpszFileIn, 0, &info, sizeof(info), //<-------STEP
OVER
		SHGFI_ATTRIBUTES) == 0) || !(info.dwAttributes & SFGAO_LINK))
	{
		return FALSE;
	}
// <etc.>

Stepping over that line produces all of the following:

Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSOSS.DLL', no matching symbolic information
found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CRYPT32.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WININET.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSI.DLL', no matching symbolic information
found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HLINK.DLL', no matching symbolic information
found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\URLMON.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLEAUT32.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLE32.DLL', no matching symbolic information
found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VERSION.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCRT4.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
\PKMWS.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
\MSONSEXT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHFOLDER.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
\1033\NSEXTINT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MYDOCS.DLL', no matching symbolic
information found.

lpszFileIn is simply:
+	lpszFileIn	0x0079fb54 "c:\Windows\Desktop\x.txt"

That's a surprising amount of work (loading 16 more DLLs) to determine
that a file doesn't exist, don't you think? Just because I have a few
shortcuts on my Desktop? It must be the "Internet Shortcuts" (I have a
few saved links).
Thanks all for your comments,
Harvey

0
harveyab (125)
3/4/2007 10:11:59 AM
Probalby a way out there suggestion, but maybe Word is set up to handle .TXT
files in the shell?  This would be pretty unusual, but ... you could test by
double clicking a txt file using Windows Explorer.

Or, it could just be an artifact and you're just seeing the load messages
after this call even though they'd be loaded anyway.  Have you tried
commenting out this line to see if they go away?

Tom

> [...]

> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \MSONSEXT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHFOLDER.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \1033\NSEXTINT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MYDOCS.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
>
> lpszFileIn is simply:
> + lpszFileIn 0x0079fb54 "c:\Windows\Desktop\x.txt"
>
> That's a surprising amount of work (loading 16 more DLLs) to determine
> that a file doesn't exist, don't you think? Just because I have a few
> shortcuts on my Desktop? It must be the "Internet Shortcuts" (I have a

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/4/2007 2:47:43 PM
Just for kicks, try opening a different type of file(.htm or .pdf etc) and
see if that results in loading all these dlls. I think there is a specific
file has its associativity set to shareportal server of something on lines.

--
> [...]

> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \MSONSEXT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHFOLDER.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \1033\NSEXTINT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MYDOCS.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
>
> lpszFileIn is simply:
> + lpszFileIn 0x0079fb54 "c:\Windows\Desktop\x.txt"
>
> That's a surprising amount of work (loading 16 more DLLs) to determine
> that a file doesn't exist, don't you think? Just because I have a few
> shortcuts on my Desktop? It must be the "Internet Shortcuts" (I have a

0
ajaykalra (6842)
3/5/2007 2:41:19 AM
On Mar 4, 6:41 pm, "Ajay Kalra" <ajayka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just for kicks, try opening a different type of file(.htm or .pdf etc) and
> see if that results in loading all these dlls. I think there is a specific
> file has its associativity set to shareportal server of something on lines.

Actually, they are only loaded if the requested file is NOT there.
If the file ("x.txt" just a test file) is there, these 16 DLLs are not
loaded.
The name, extension or path of the requested file do not matter.
I just think it is quite strange.
But I am not going to worry about it.
Thanks all for your comments.
Harvey

0
harveyab (125)
3/5/2007 8:51:57 PM
On Mar 4, 6:47 am, "Tom Serface" <tom.nos...@camaswood.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> > \MSONSEXT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> > Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHFOLDER.DLL', no matching symbolic
> > information found.
> > Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> > \1033\NSEXTINT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> > Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL', no matching symbolic
> > information found.
> > Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MYDOCS.DLL', no matching symbolic
> > information found.
>
> > lpszFileIn is simply:
> > + lpszFileIn 0x0079fb54 "c:\Windows\Desktop\x.txt"
>
> > That's a surprising amount of work (loading 16 more DLLs) to determine
> > that a file doesn't exist, don't you think? Just because I have a few
> > shortcuts on my Desktop? It must be the "Internet Shortcuts" (I have a

No, they are NOT loaded if the file exists.
Its name, extension and path do not matter.
Thanks for the seggestion.
Harvey

0
harveyab (125)
3/5/2007 8:57:27 PM
Yeah, I got that from a subsequent post.  I'm not sure what is happening
unless, perhaps, these DLLs are being loaded as a way of further searching
for the file since it isn't found by the normal shell handler.  What happens
if you run it on a machine where Office isn't installed?

Tom

> No, they are NOT loaded if the file exists.
> Its name, extension and path do not matter.
> Thanks for the seggestion.
> Harvey

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/5/2007 9:14:33 PM
On Mar 4, 2:11 am, "Harvey" <harve...@juno.com> wrote:
> [...]

> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \MSONSEXT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHFOLDER.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders
> \1033\NSEXTINT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MYDOCS.DLL', no matching symbolic
> information found.
>
> lpszFileIn is simply:
> +       lpszFileIn      0x0079fb54 "c:\Windows\Desktop\x.txt"
>
> That's a surprising amount of work (loading 16 more DLLs) to determine
> that a file doesn't exist, don't you think? Just because I have a few
> shortcuts on my Desktop? It must be the "Internet Shortcuts" (I have a

It only loads them if the file is requested from the command line. If
a nonexistant file is requested from the file/open menu, these DLLs
are not loaded.
They are loaded deep down inside this call:
ProcessShellCommand(cmdInfo).
Harvey

0
harveyab (125)
3/5/2007 9:22:11 PM
Sounds like a reasonable hypothesis.  What version of Office is installed?
					joe

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:14:33 -0800, "Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote:

>Yeah, I got that from a subsequent post.  I'm not sure what is happening
>unless, perhaps, these DLLs are being loaded as a way of further searching
>for the file since it isn't found by the normal shell handler.  What happens
>if you run it on a machine where Office isn't installed?
>
>Tom
>
>"Harvey" <harveyab@juno.com> wrote in message
>
>> No, they are NOT loaded if the file exists.
>> Its name, extension and path do not matter.
>> Thanks for the seggestion.
>> Harvey

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
3/8/2007 3:39:05 AM
On Mar 7, 7:39 pm, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...@flounder.com> wrote:
> Sounds like a reasonable hypothesis.  What version of Office is installed?
>                                         joe
>

> On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:14:33 -0800, "Tom Serface" <tom.nos...@camaswood.com> wrote:
> >Yeah, I got that from a subsequent post.  I'm not sure what is happening
> >unless, perhaps, these DLLs are being loaded as a way of further searching
> >for the file since it isn't found by the normal shell handler.  What happens
> >if you run it on a machine where Office isn't installed?
>
> >Tom
>
> >"Harvey" <harve...@juno.com> wrote in message
>
> >> No, they are NOT loaded if the file exists.
> >> Its name, extension and path do not matter.
> >> Thanks for the seggestion.
> >> Harvey
>
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newco...@flounder.com
> Web:http://www.flounder.com
> MVP Tips:http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm

Office 97 on Win 98. Will try on another machine later.
Thanks,
Harvey

0
harveyab (125)
3/8/2007 11:56:24 AM
Hmmm.  I don't think Office 97 had SharePoint (if I remember correctly).
It's worth a try though.

Tom

> Office 97 on Win 98. Will try on another machine later.
> Thanks,
> Harvey

0
tom.nospam (3240)

SoundMAX audio no longer loads under Office 2007 install?
Hey... I've upgraded from OfficeXP to Office2007 and am only "SLIGHTLY" enjoying the experience....I've had many many issues with formatting etc etc.... But the most recent item I now see, is that my computer's sound card, a SoundMAX card, will no longer load at all. It's not even present in the normal dropdown in Start > ControlPanel > Sounds & Audio Devices > Audio for me to even enable etc? When I try the Sounds tab, and then try to play say Asterisk -- the PLAY button never lights up for me to test things either....sigh When I click on my XP l...

Microsoft GP- Change Doc Sort to Date, not number
Currently, all of the transaction inquiries have a default sort of document number. Most of the time we want to veiw the transactions by date, so we have to hit the down arrow, select "by Document Date", then hit Redisplay. That's three mouse clicks every time! Microsoft should either change the default, or better yet give the users the option to set their own default sort order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Sharing files
I have 3 limited users on my computer. I have a shared documents folder under my documents & settings/all users folder. All users can see these files. however, when a file is opened it is read-only except for the creator. i would like the files to be available (not read-only) for all users. i have set the properties of the folder to clear read-only but each time i open the properties again, it still says read only. Does anyone have any ideas on what i have done wrong? I am using XP Pro. Thanks. Elementary question, Have you tried: <Tools> <ShareWorkBook> ? -- H...

None of the office programs will now start
cI received a phone call from a user this morning informing me that they have an error on the screen which related to .net. Also they can not access Outlook. On arrival I found when I try and load Outlook I get an error saying... 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE The application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.' I can not access the event viewer at all as that seems to now also have problems. When I run that I get the following message... 'MMC could...

Directory of web site
When I open my web site in Front page 2002 I get a directory of my web site. The problem is that it used to be in alphabetic order. Now is is scrambled. I am using windows 7. Can you tell me how to get my web site in alphabetic order? charles arnett In Folders View, click on the column headings to sort them alphabetically. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx charles arnett wrote on 16/03/2010 : > When I open my web site in Front page 2002 I > get a directory of my web site. The problem is > that it ...

migration public folder across site 5.5 to 2003
Hi, another question: Durin the migration from 5.5 to 2003 I would migrate the public folders from 5.5 with the tool "pfmigrate". The Exchange 5.5 are in the remote domain and the Exchange 2003 stands in the destination domain. I read this How To http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843107 With the command "pfmigrate /S:sourceserver /T:targetserver /A /N:All /SC" I would add the Exchange 2003 Server to the replicate list of the Exchange 5.5 Server. But i get this error: "Windows Scrípt Host: crosssite.dll does not register" Can you...

Submit button Web form returning data
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel HELP!!!! I have built a form using word 2008 to be saved as a web page to return data to me when filled out. I go to insert and select HTML object. What do I type under Action, Encoding and method that allows the form to be emailed back to me. HELP am I in the right place. I simply need the info that is added in the web page to be sent to my email address. Thanks Well, the "Action" is "Post" and the "Encoding" can be anything you like, and the "Method" is the name of th...

Help Needed Installing Templates D/Led from Microsoft Templates Site
I recently D/Led a bunch of templates for Word and Excel. After the D/L completed, there were a number of cab files in the target folder. However, none of the files have a default application assigned. Stuffit will not work, and a search of the MS site left me cold. I am running Office X, Mac OS X Tiger. Can someone tell me how I exptract files from cab files. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. -- Thanks Gary Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Out of some piece of idiocy, you can't download templates in a Mac-usable form. If you can do the extraction on a windows compute...

Balance adjustment in Microsoft Money
When I try to balance my MS money checking account I get sometimes this error. "for account adjustment, you have entered an income category for an expense, or an expense category for income. Do you want to change it?" It looks like that I am trying to place a balance ajustment in the wrong category. What I am doing is when my balance is negative I just categorize as a regular adjustment. But what happens when the difference is positive? How should I categorize it? Rod Categorizing the positive difference as the expense category is OK too. The warning is just that. This does m...

Problems opening public folder items
I have a couple of users, recently migrated to Exchange 2003 (still mixed mode environment), who cannot open items that have been mailed to public folders. Items that have been posted to the folders open without a problem. In preview mode the first few lines of the posting are visible, but preview pane shows nothing. All public folders are replicated to the Exchange 2003 server. Client upgrades have made no difference (one now on Outlook 2003, one on XP). All other migrated users are fine. Exchange 2003 SP1 on W2k3. Any help gratefully received. ...

sharing and permissions issues
Hi, I have a case where I have a share on one box and all but one user, now at least, can modify the shares contents. There is one file that she must modify but every time she opens it, it's read only. She can create files on this share. I've given her the read and write permissions to the share and then, on the directory that is the share, I've given her read, write and modify permissions. Yet, the file is still read only. What is the problem? The share is an XP box and her PC uses XP also. Andy "Andrew Falanga" <af300wsm@gmail.com> said t...

Why won't my hyperlinks work in the web preview?
I am having a problem with my hyperlinks in Publisher. They work as I create them but when I try the web preview only a few work. What am I missing? They used to all work until I changed some of the formatting. Thanks On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 06:54:01 +0100, confused wrote (in article <A9E35EF0-69EA-44D4-AB49-DB6F847634B2@microsoft.com>): > I am having a problem with my hyperlinks in Publisher. They work as I create > them but when I try the web preview only a few work. What am I missing? The fact that only a complete and utter clueless moron, who has little or no regard...

Microsoft.public.commercial
So, I see that this newsgroup is no longer listed in the community. What happened to that bad boy? TPTB determine it was a dead one? -- Brian Kvalheim From the volume of questions regarding commercial printing of Publisher files I guess so. Maybe if they, TPTB, fixed GDI it wouldn't be so much of a problem. Matt Beals Consultant Enfocus Certified Trainer Markzware Recognized Trainer (425) 582-8554 - Office (206) 201-2320 - Voicemail (206) 618-2537 - Mobile mailto:matt@mattbeals.com Come visit me at: http://www.automatetheworkflow.com http://www.mattbeals.com http://blog.mattbeals.com ...

"Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 or later must be installed to block unsafe expressions...." ???
Rebuilt my system last week. Since then, when I run Access 11, I get the following two dialogs: ======================================================= "Security Warning: Unsafe expressions are not blocked. Do you want to block unsafe expressions?" ======================================================= (click "No") ======================================================= "Security Warning: Unsafe expressions are not blocked. To block unsafe expressions, Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 or later must be installed....."" "Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pac...

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additionally, f...

registry cannot load
I'm trying to find a way to restore windows xp. Registry doesn't load. Best I can get is the Blue screen with Windows logo but no starting message. It began at shut down I think. Just before that I shut down spybot and saw a message about unloading the hives. It seemed stuck and I shut off the power. Next day the System wouldn't load. I tried saving the 5 config files and using the repair files. They don't work. I can get command console. I tried to restore with HP's non-destructive but when it gets to the end it says it couldn't update the regist...

load picture into SDI main window
Hello all, I would like to get some hints on how to load an BMP-image into the main window of an SDI-application. I was searching the net for this information, but it didn't help me a lot. Could you please give me some hints, what I should do? Thanks a lot. V.K. You will be loading in the view for SDI. There are several examples at codeguru/codeproject. Following shows how to load a JPEG: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/c/ You can use LoadImage to load a bmp, but the idea is the same. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Verbal Kint" <TENSOA...

Finding the right MICROSOFT.CRM.PLATFORM.PROXY.DLL
Hi, I've referenced the dll MICROSOFT.CRM.PLATFORM.PROXY.DLL in a project, and although I find objects like BizUser and CRMAccount, some of the members of the classes can't be found Example: Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser bizUser = new Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser(); bizUser.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; Here, VS.NET puts a blue line under "Credentials", saying BizUser does not contain a definition for Credentials Since I did not find the above .dll in the bin-folder, I used a -dll from the CD What's wrong? Thanks in adva...

EXCEL will not load #2
I am running Windows 98 and Office 2000, and it has worked fine for years. A couple of days ago I started to have some problems. I cannot identify what I may done to create the problems. Friday morning it was working fine when I started work. I then went on to delete some (quite a few) unnecessary files, and ran Disk. defrag. with Norton Systemworks. By about noon I was having trouble loading EXCEL. I got a message that the system was low on recourses. I have 640 MB of Ram, and I can load Word no problem, as well as AUTOCad, a much larger program than both Excel and Word. I have had this ...

An unhandled non-continuable exception was thrown during process load
I get the following error when I run in release mode. Everything seems to work in Debug. I think I know what DLL is trying to load. Dll is a native MFC extention DLL. Any idea what is wrong and how to fix it? Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable exception was thrown during process load The program '[2172] MyAppexe: Native' has exited with code 128 (0x80). Craig Klementowski I found it. The bad DLL project file was copied and changed from another DLL. I had the .def file specified from the orignal DLL for release mode. Removing that fixed it. Craig "Craig Klementowski&...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementing
MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/IBM Lotus Notes Domino... http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com ...

Damn Microsoft changed API and broke my applications
Microsoft changed the return type of CTimeSpan::GetTotalSeconds from LONG to LONGLONG and broke lots of my application. I used it in the CString:Format. If there's a string parameter after the GetTotalSeconds, the Format will crash. Like string.Format("%d %d %s", span.GetTotalSeconds(), 100, "test"); Please, never ever changing the return type without changing the function name. > Please, never ever changing the return type without changing the function name. Wouldn�t your apps still be broken? If they replaced LONG GetTotalSeconds with LONGLONG GetTotalSeco...

ASPX Programer
Where can I find a USA Programer to do a small project for Me? -- Greg Gainey Edu@sectc.com WARNING: This e-mail or it's attachment(s) may contain FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY (FOUO), and privacy act information which must be protected or removed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers." In USA, mate. There ar...

Outlook 2002
Hi, I'm gettng very frustrated with Outlook 2002 running on Win XP Pro. It takes a very long time - more than 20 minutes each time when I restart my PC or logon to my PC. It goes through and checks each of 10 or so PST folders that I have my emails stored in. I run the PST check and repair tool on the PSTs but that has not helped in any visible way, though it took a very long time to check the big files. My main PST folder is a little over 1 Gigabyte and I have at least a couple of other PST folders that are close to that. Thanks and Regards, Ted M. Does the check find any er...

Excel generates an error when saving a shared file
Using Windows 2000 /Office 2000 with all the updates and SP1. A person in my office using Win XP/Office 2003 uses an Exce Spreadsheet that has links in it. He sends it to me by inter-offic email. I open it make changes and try to save it. I get the messag "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. An erro log is being created." [OK] It happens only with this file. Other users using office 2003 do no have the problem. Only office 2000 users. Can't seem to find a fix anywhere. Thanks in advance for any tips o help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...