Why doesn't it response?

I write a program,Look:
void CMousemoveDlg::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
{
  ClientToScreen(&point);
  CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::WindowFromPoint(point);
 char ss[100]="hello";
 if (pWnd)
 {
  HWND hwndCurr = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd();
 ::SendMessage(hwndCurr,WM_SETTEXT,0,LPARAM(ss));
 }
 CDialog::OnMouseMove(nFlags, point);
}
I find when the mouse move this program itself,the caption can set
"hello",but when the mouse move out of
this program to another window,the other window
doesn't response, could you tell me how to let anothe window can
response?Thank you.

0
fbjlt (155)
9/5/2004 2:24:00 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

LeeTow wrote:
> I write a program,Look:
> void CMousemoveDlg::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
> {
>   ClientToScreen(&point);
>   CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::WindowFromPoint(point);
>  char ss[100]="hello";
>  if (pWnd)
>  {
>   HWND hwndCurr = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd();
>  ::SendMessage(hwndCurr,WM_SETTEXT,0,LPARAM(ss));
>  }
>  CDialog::OnMouseMove(nFlags, point);
> }
> I find when the mouse move this program itself,the caption can set
> "hello",but when the mouse move out of
> this program to another window,the other window
> doesn't response, could you tell me how to let anothe window can
> response?Thank you.

A window does not normally receive OnMouseMove() when the mouse is over
another window.  Are you calling SetCapture() in OnLButtonDown()?  If
you do this you should receive OnMouseMove() even when the mouse is over
another window.  Then call ReleaseCapture() in OnLButtonUp().

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
9/5/2004 5:39:44 AM
Scott McPhillips:
I modify my program according to your advice,Look:
void CMousemoveDlg::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
 {
   ClientToScreen(&point);
   CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::WindowFromPoint(point);
  char ss[100]="hello";
  if (pWnd)
  {
   HWND hwndCurr = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd();
  ::SendMessage(hwndCurr,WM_SETTEXT,0,LPARAM(ss));
  }
  CDialog::OnMouseMove(nFlags, point);
 }
void CMousemoveDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
{
 // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
 SetCapture();
 CDialog::OnLButtonDown(nFlags, point);
}

void CMousemoveDlg::OnLButtonUp(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
{
 // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
 ReleaseCapture();
 CDialog::OnLButtonUp(nFlags, point);
}
when the mouse move to another window and press left button down,
another window doesn't response,too,Could you check my code and
correct it?Thank you.
"Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp> ????
> LeeTow wrote:
> > I write a program,Look:
> > void CMousemoveDlg::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
> > {
> >   ClientToScreen(&point);
> >   CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::WindowFromPoint(point);
> >  char ss[100]="hello";
> >  if (pWnd)
> >  {
> >   HWND hwndCurr = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd();
> >  ::SendMessage(hwndCurr,WM_SETTEXT,0,LPARAM(ss));
> >  }
> >  CDialog::OnMouseMove(nFlags, point);
> > }
> > I find when the mouse move this program itself,the caption can set
> > "hello",but when the mouse move out of
> > this program to another window,the other window
> > doesn't response, could you tell me how to let anothe window can
> > response?Thank you.
> >

> A window does not normally receive OnMouseMove() when the mouse is over
> another window.  Are you calling SetCapture() in OnLButtonDown()?  If
> you do this you should receive OnMouseMove() even when the mouse is over
> another window.  Then call ReleaseCapture() in OnLButtonUp().
>
> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
fbjlt (155)
9/5/2004 7:56:38 AM
If you click in another window, WM_LBUTTONDOWN won't be received by your
window. So you have to click your mouse in your window, then move your
mouse to another window.
If you want to capture your mouse move and you don't want to press left
button down to call SetCapture, you can call SetCapture in InitDialog.

---
ATField
field.zhang@163.com

LeeTow wrote:
> Scott McPhillips:
> I modify my program according to your advice,Look:
> void CMousemoveDlg::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
>  {
>    ClientToScreen(&point);
>    CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::WindowFromPoint(point);
>   char ss[100]="hello";
>   if (pWnd)
>   {
>    HWND hwndCurr = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd();
>   ::SendMessage(hwndCurr,WM_SETTEXT,0,LPARAM(ss));
>   }
>   CDialog::OnMouseMove(nFlags, point);
>  }
> void CMousemoveDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
> {
>  // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
>  SetCapture();
>  CDialog::OnLButtonDown(nFlags, point);
> }
>
> void CMousemoveDlg::OnLButtonUp(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
> {
>  // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
>  ReleaseCapture();
>  CDialog::OnLButtonUp(nFlags, point);
> }
> when the mouse move to another window and press left button down,
> another window doesn't response,too,Could you check my code and
> correct it?Thank you.
> "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp> ????
>
>>LeeTow wrote:
>>
>>>I write a program,Look:
>>>void CMousemoveDlg::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
>>>{
>>>  ClientToScreen(&point);
>>>  CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::WindowFromPoint(point);
>>> char ss[100]="hello";
>>> if (pWnd)
>>> {
>>>  HWND hwndCurr = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd();
>>> ::SendMessage(hwndCurr,WM_SETTEXT,0,LPARAM(ss));
>>> }
>>> CDialog::OnMouseMove(nFlags, point);
>>>}
>>>I find when the mouse move this program itself,the caption can set
>>>"hello",but when the mouse move out of
>>>this program to another window,the other window
>>>doesn't response, could you tell me how to let anothe window can
>>>response?Thank you.
>>>

>>A window does not normally receive OnMouseMove() when the mouse is over
>>another window.  Are you calling SetCapture() in OnLButtonDown()?  If
>>you do this you should receive OnMouseMove() even when the mouse is over
>>another window.  Then call ReleaseCapture() in OnLButtonUp().
>>
>>--
>>Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
ATField
9/5/2004 11:24:12 AM
Thank you very much,I have already solve the problem with your help,thank
you again.
"ATField" <field.zhang@163.com> ????
> If you click in another window, WM_LBUTTONDOWN won't be received by your
> window. So you have to click your mouse in your window, then move your
> mouse to another window.
> If you want to capture your mouse move and you don't want to press left
> button down to call SetCapture, you can call SetCapture in InitDialog.
>
> ---
> ATField
> field.zhang@163.com
>

> LeeTow wrote:
> > Scott McPhillips:
> > I modify my program according to your advice,Look:
> > void CMousemoveDlg::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
> >  {
> >    ClientToScreen(&point);
> >    CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::WindowFromPoint(point);
> >   char ss[100]="hello";
> >   if (pWnd)
> >   {
> >    HWND hwndCurr = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd();
> >   ::SendMessage(hwndCurr,WM_SETTEXT,0,LPARAM(ss));
> >   }
> >   CDialog::OnMouseMove(nFlags, point);
> >  }
> > void CMousemoveDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
> > {
> >  // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
> >  SetCapture();
> >  CDialog::OnLButtonDown(nFlags, point);
> > }
> >
> > void CMousemoveDlg::OnLButtonUp(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
> > {
> >  // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default
> >  ReleaseCapture();
> >  CDialog::OnLButtonUp(nFlags, point);
> > }
> > when the mouse move to another window and press left button down,
> > another window doesn't response,too,Could you check my code and
> > correct it?Thank you.
> > "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp> ????

> >>A window does not normally receive OnMouseMove() when the mouse is over
> >>another window.  Are you calling SetCapture() in OnLButtonDown()?  If
> >>you do this you should receive OnMouseMove() even when the mouse is over
> >>another window.  Then call ReleaseCapture() in OnLButtonUp().
> >>
> >>--
> >>Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
fbjlt (155)
9/6/2004 12:32:18 AM
This is because when you move the mouse outside the CMouseMoveDlg window in your
application, Windows stops sending mouse-move messages to that window, because that is
what it is supposed to be doing.

What you need to do is mouse capture:

void CMousemoveDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
    {
      SetCapture();
    }

void CMousemoveDlg::OnLButtonUp(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
   {
    if(GetCapture() != NULL)
        { /* had capture */
          ReleaseCapture();
        } /* had capture *./

void CMousemoveDlg::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
   {
    if(GetCapture() != NULL)
        { /* has capture */
          ... deal with the mouse move
        } /* has capture */
   }
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:24:00 +0800, "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote:

>I write a program,Look:
>void CMousemoveDlg::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
>{
>  ClientToScreen(&point);
>  CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::WindowFromPoint(point);
> char ss[100]="hello";
> if (pWnd)
> {
>  HWND hwndCurr = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd();
> ::SendMessage(hwndCurr,WM_SETTEXT,0,LPARAM(ss));
> }
> CDialog::OnMouseMove(nFlags, point);
>}
>I find when the mouse move this program itself,the caption can set
>"hello",but when the mouse move out of
>this program to another window,the other window
>doesn't response, could you tell me how to let anothe window can
>response?Thank you.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Is there a way to make replies to a msg we send somehow tell email recipients that "no response required"?
I don't know if I can explain better or not, but I've lately needed to send reminders to meetings to friends/family. These are meetings of local groups that they've shown interest in and that I promised I'd tell them about dates/location of upcoming meetings. There's only one problem, each time I send an email I invariably get one or two with a long list of reasons why they can't attend. This despite the fact that I put "NO RESPONSE REQUIRED" in subject and at the very end. I think we'd all feel better if I could mimic an automated message type of emai...

lookup with multiple responses
I'm trying to find a way to have a formula return the name of a person where each of them is assigned to the same activity but my excel hasn't recognized vlookups and I want it automated and the formulas behind are way too complex for advanced searches Example: bob painting jane gym fred gym susy math george math peter gym michelle painting sarah math I want to search painting or gym or math and have it return painting bob michelle gym jane fred peter math susy george sarah Thoug...

Help - another question related to rules
Hi: I do seem to be experiencing difficulties with rules these days....... I created a rule that includes having the server respond with a specific message (in fact, all the rule does is to have the server respond with a particular message). The rule is working - I know that since I can sent a test message and receive the appropriate response back. The problem is that there is nothing in the account to indicate that the response was actually sent - I would have thought that the sent messages would show up in my sent messages folder. Am I doing something wrong. Can anyone shed some ...

Campaign Responses
I am having great difficulty convincing the business that CRM is fully operational when I cant even seem to get simple campaign responses into the campaign activities. I have tested all configurations and all are as required. The system settings Email tracking is on and the Marketingtab as yes against the create campaign responses tab. This is driving me crazy as I can find np logical solution to this problem. We are running a test campaign (very simple) New Marketing List, One Contact in the list complete with full email address etc. New Campaign - distribute campaign as email (again...

Validating a SAML 1.1 Response
First off, if you'd like to throw over any code you've written to validate the structure of a SAML 1.1 Response, please feel free. In the meantime.... I am exposing an endpoint that will receive a SAML 1.1 response. Before unpacking the response, I would like to verify that it is indeed, a SAML 1.1 response. The SAML 1.1 schema is located here. http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3407/oasis-sstc-saml-schema-protocol-1.1.xsd You might imagine that I could do something like this. However, on the code to Read below, I get an exception to the effect that: "The ...

Toggle button code to insert user response into template
Hello, I've created a User Form to create content for a letter. This is the first time I've ever used VB - I'm a complete Newbie - and I've had a lot of help using an article I found online. I have included toggle buttons in the form and what I would like them to do is insert text into the letter when they're selected, but if they're not selected, then the space where the bookmark is in the letter remains blank. This is the segment of code that concerned the toggle button and what the bookmark was supposed to fill in with: If togPartAwardsText.Value ...

Waiting for Response
Todd, Reading though this suggestion page, I saw the following; "Each month, Microsoft will respond to the suggestions with the most votes." What does this mean and where is a single response posted? Wondering? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

Gurus for XML TextStream vs Response Stream vs XMLValidatingReader
Hi, I try retrieve an XML stream from a webapp using a post "http://webedu.its.uct.ac.za/webct/public/serve_webctdb?OPERATION=homearea_xml&DB=global&WebCT%20ID=rodgersn_its_main&AUTH=ee09aabc77ef593917a60720f167c733" and result = req.GetResponse() ReceiveStream = result.GetResponseStream() from here ..I try read the XML retrieved, but... I've tried XMLStream and XMLValidatingStream..both return "There is invalid data at the root level" Trying a std StreamReader with say .readtoend or sr.Read(read, 0, 256) in a count lo...

auto response question
let me see if I can explain this correctly...I currently have a mailbox that auto replies with an email template everytime it receives an email. My problem is that i have to have a computer on and running outlook at all times for this client rule to process. Is there any way I can make this a server rule so that outlook doesnt have to run all the time? Can I configure a mailbox in exchage to always auto reply with out have to have this local outlook rule? Any help on this is appreciated. Thank you. From my post on 12/02: -- I'm fairly certain (please double-check... ) that unlike ...

HQ Client failing with "<<PostMessage> No response was received ..."
One of my stores started having issues with their remote client yesterday, continuously reporting "<<PostMessage> No response was received for message type 3(Worksheet Status)". This error appears immediately after "Lcoal and HQ databases are synchronized" and is immediately followed with "An error was detected, connection will be aborted". I tried running a repair install on the store's remote client, I tried deleting the 2 worksheets waiting for the store to process and I rebooted both the store POS server and the HQ server. None of these fixes w...

Automate response to protected files
I'm attempting (via automation from .Net) to scroll through a list of Excel files and do something (which is immaterial to this question) with those files. That is working - until I get to a file which is password protected where when I try to open the file it pops up the password box and stops my code. Is there a property of the workbook that I can grab that says "this is protected" so that I can skip that file? First, I don't know anything about .Net. But excel is pretty interesting. If you try to open a non-protected workbook via code, it won't care if you try...

macro that brings user to cell based on "yes/no" response
Hi to all, I'm not too good with macros, but i'm learning. I am constructing a survey tool and would like a macro that automatically goes to a cell based on the Yes or No response selected from a drop-down box in another cell. For example, if NO then go to question #4. Any thoughts? Much appreciated. hi, assuming that each question has a combo box. Assuming that the combo box in column A Assuming that each question is on each row. Right click the combo box in design mode. cleck view code. Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() If ComboBox1.Value = "No" Then Range(&qu...

Hi there We are generating emails from within MS CRM 3.0, using activities, which allows our users to fill in business required fields, prior to sending the email. This works fine. However, when replies are sent to these emails and are tracked into the CRM, they automatically go into History. As a result none of the business required fields are filled in and because they are sitting in History, we cannot "reactivate" the activity to amend the fields. Is there a way of preventing these replied emails from going directly into History, so we can amend the fields within the ac...

slow response when previewing messages
One of my users have Outlook 2003 and has the preview option enabled so when he click on a message it shows up in the pane. When he does this it take about 5-7 sec for that message to appear down there. Not sure when this is happening, all the other users on that mail server work just fine. Any ideas would be great! Thanks Hmmm - does this user have the Person Names smart tag enabled in Outlook's Tools | Options | Other Window? If so, what happens when you uncheck it and restart Outlook? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you check...

Time response using ADSL connection
I have an access 2000 database create on a server for several users, now it is working on a network but I need to access this database using an ADSL connection (VPN) but the time response is too slow. What do I need to do ? Will someone please help me ? Thanks. Yeah, VPN isn't adequate for using with Access. Take a look at what Albert Kallal has to say at http://members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Wan/Wans.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Humberto" <Humberto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBD0DC69-...

Problem: Too many response code 404, how to detect them?
hi asp.net 3.5 Webalizer reports response code 404 about 939 times, that is about 40% of the requests. But I have problem finding these 404 errors myself. So far I haven't come accross them myself... So I was looking for a way to detect them. You know about a link which I could use to validate my site for 404 errors. Or maybe I should create some asp.net code which writes the url to the database when 404 code is triggered? any suggestions? On Feb 23, 7:37=A0pm, "Jeff" <it_consulta...@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote: > hi > > asp.net 3.5 >...

Excel Re-Calc causes network traffic and very slow response times.
Platform: Excel Ver 2003 SP2 Windows XP SP2 Microsoft SBS Server 2003 Workstations: P4 2Ghz, 512 Mb Ram Problem: I have an excel file with hundreds of vlookup and indirect formulas. It has no links to any other spreadsheets. The file resides on a shared network drive on our server. When users do a recalc or change a number in the file causing a recalc it takes about 7 seconds... however after a bit of experimentation I find that if we open the file and then disconnect the workstations network cable the recalc takes less than one second ! Tried saving the file to the local drive of a workstati...

Limiting Out of Office Assistant responses.
We've had a request from the US District Court to filter out Out of Office Assistant replies to their mailbox. I have a specific address that I don't want OOA to reply to. Any ideas, on the client or server side, how I'd go about this? Thanks for your help. Randy. What about just setting up a rule to delete? -Hal "Randy Cushman" <rcushman@wolfgreenfield.com> wrote in message news:369401c3dc3f$564db750$3101280a@phx.gbl... > We've had a request from the US District Court to filter > out Out of Office Assistant replies to their mailbox. I > have...

automated responses
How do I turn off automated responses in Outlook - for example some spammers request notification when an email was opened or deleted, which I do not want to provide. If you're connected to an Exchange Server, the admin will need to ensure auto-replies to the Internet are disabled (which is the default). If you're using an Internet mail provider, Tools | Options | E-Mail Options | Tracking Options -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "slrichards@ear...

Meeting responses going to third parties
Hi, We have a user (user 1) who has a shared calendar with another user (user 2) and also access to the user 2's inbox etc, and whenever user 1 sends a meeting request, the responses go to both users, even when user 2 is not part of the meeting. Any ideas how to stop them getting sent to user 2 as well? Thanks, Michael -- mboucher Are they a delegate along with a sharer of the calendar? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 A...

Removing 250-XEXCH50 from EHLO Response
Greetings! I have a problem receiving mail from a few external domains on my E2k3 server. After considerable log diving I've concluded the problem stems from the use of the XEXCH50 command. Because the response to EHLO advertises XEXCH50, those pesky external Exchange servers actually try and use it. The problem for some senders is that once they have, my server sends the 504 response and that's all she wrote. Wait 5 minutes and a QUIT is issued. My clients don't get their mail and the recipient gets a 451 4.4.1 message. Now, of course, I realize that XEXCH50 is only t...

E-mail responses from Users not being tracked in CRM
Hi: Recently, users have been noticing that their responses are not being tracked properly in CRM. Responses from Clients are tracked, but not the Users responses. I'm thinking that this has to do with a workaround we've employed that uses an Outlook Rule automation to place a copy of the initial outgoing CRM e-mail in the User's Sent Items folder. Has anyone noticed this issue? Any thoughts on how the initial e-mail might muck up the way CRM tracks that User's responses? Any thoughts would be helpful. --Dodd ...

Response Library Add-In
I am looking for an Outlook Add-In that would allow me to build library of response text that could be quickly added to a reply emai either individually or concatenated into one response. Ideally the ad-in would allow attachments to be associated with tex entries. Requirement is for following up on sales inquiries where respons content is similar - but varies based on inquiry email or phone call. Does anyone know of suitable add-in ? Thanks in Advanc ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly f...

Broadcast this solo ad to your database. It never fails to get high responses.
Broadcast this solo ad to your database. It never fails to get high responses. Out of 5000 email subscribers, approximately $47,642.85 worth of orders can be made and 40 % goes to you = $19,057.14 Not bad for a 5 minute job! Why will you make so much money for one single post? By sending out this letter, your readers will gain free access to Stephan Ducharme�s new AUDIO ebook "Millionaire at 31 - Listen to How He is Doing It" It is an interview with Stephan where he gives just enough marketing secrets to entice the reader to make them want to know ALL of Stephan's marketing...

Slow response in POS
Recently moved Microsoft RMS system running on IBM computers to a new store. Using MS SQL Express 2005 on a dedicated server and POS running on two separate computers. Added a Magellan 8500 series scanner/scale to each of the two POS computers when we moved. Now the POS software is slow to respond to input. Scanning an item causes a delay of 1-2 seconds after the barcode number shows up on the item line. When going to tender screen, pressing arrow key to go to different tenders causes a couple second delay for each key pressed. These are just a couple of examples. Any idea where to st...