white background title area in dialog

hi there

i have seen in some apps dialogs/prop sheets which have a 'title area'
at the top, which has some text, sometimes an icon, and a white
background - is this some 'standard' kind of feature i can access thru
the sdk? i am using vc++6....

tia
bhu

0
bhuvidya (34)
12/12/2006 4:20:58 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> i have seen in some apps dialogs/prop sheets which have a 'title area'
> at the top, which has some text, sometimes an icon, and a white
> background - is this some 'standard' kind of feature i can access thru
> the sdk? i am using vc++6....

I dont think SDK offers anything like this. It could be a theme or
something or simply custom painting of the caption area (NCPAINT).

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
12/12/2006 4:29:18 PM
>i have seen in some apps dialogs/prop sheets which have a 'title area'
>at the top, which has some text, sometimes an icon, and a white
>background - is this some 'standard' kind of feature i can access thru
>the sdk? i am using vc++6....

Are you perhaps thinking of a Wizard style property sheet?

Have a look at "Creating Wizards" in MSDN and see if they look like
what you need.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)

Change window title in dialog app...
I'm using AfxMessageBox to inform my users as to some action. How do I change the title (it's usually the project name) of the window that's created? In a normal SDI or MDI I can go to the string resource and change the AFX_IDS_APP_TITLE, but there is no string resource for a dialog based app. Any clues? Thanks, Fred you can use ::MessageBox instead "sftwrdvlpr" <bogus@news.com> wrote in message news:LYNdb.4962$%U5.2113@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com... > I'm using AfxMessageBox to inform my users as to some action. How do I > change the title (it'...

Change size of field on dialog
I just forgot how to change the width of a CEdit on a dialog. Would somebody help me? If you mean changing it dynamically, you can use SetWindowPos on the control after subclassing it. The easier way is to do it in resource editor(just drag the corners to desired size). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "JackRnl" <Hccnet@Runit.Scarlet.nl> wrote in message news:bh081l$35k$1@news.hccnet.nl... > I just forgot how to change the width of a CEdit on a dialog. > Would somebody help me? > > How to obtain the 'original' position? In fact I want ...

Outlook process hang in background ??
My system is running XP home edition, with Office 2000 on it. Ever since applying the latest Office patches 2 weeks ago, the Outlook process continues to run in the background after I exit. How do I stop this from happening? I want the process to terminate completely. Thanks --- Jay Wilson Are you using any software that integrates with Outlook like WinFax or synchronisation software? These programs will keep Outlook open untill they are closed themself. For more info see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.co...

pressing enter closes dialog box
I have a dialog box with a CEdit box on it. When I enter data into the CEdit box, then press enter, the dialog box closes. How do I prevent this? Thanks in advance This explains what to do: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q122489&ID=KB;EN-US;Q122489 -------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com So I guess this means I need to add a button to my dialog? I don't currently have one. "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > This explains what to do: > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q122489&ID=KB;EN-US;Q122489 > > -------...

how to redraw the bitmap in a dialog box
hello, Can someone tell how to do this since i have been struggling with it for more than 2 weeks. My application draws a series of bitmaps on the dialog box one after the other. Its something like an animation where i read the bitmaps from a file and draw each one subsequently in a specified region of the dialog box using "dc.bitblt" in a while loop in the OnPaint message handler.Everyhtin is working fine but the problem arises when i move this dialog box outside the client area of the application and then move it back in or minimise the application and maximise it again. Then the O...

Equation/symbol in axis title
How can I insert equations in an axis title of an excel scatter plot? Specifically would like to insert accented lower case greek symbol for shear rate "gamma dot". I'm not sure this is what you have in mind - but you have nothing to loose. If you can produce what you have in mind within a worksheets cell [by using some rare font or so] try this: 1) Declare an Axis Title by typing Bla Bla. 2) Type whatever you need into cell F10 and make sure to display it as needed. 3) Click on the Axis Title and while it is selected click in the Formula Bar dna type: =F10 and hit ...

resizing chart title box Excel 97
Is it possible to directly edit the size of the box the chart title appears in an Excel 97 chart? For instance, click and drag the size of the title box the way I would the total size of the chart tj Hi tj, Unfortunately you can not control the width or height of chart text elements such as Title, Axis titles and datalabels. You could insert a textbox into the chart if you really need to control the size. Simply select the chart and then begining typing the chart title when you press enter it should automatically create a textbox embedded in the chart. Cheers Andy tjtjjtjt wrote: >...

Repainting background in a CEdit
Hello everybody, I´┐Żam trying to paint some stuff in the background of a CEdit-control. Therefore I set the background mode to transparent in CEdit::CtlColor and return a NULL_BRUSH object. Afterwards I do my painting in the OnEraseBkgnd-method. Works fine so far, however the background is not repainted properly now when I delete the text in the control for instance. I tried to force the repaint by triggering it in the OnLButtonDown and OnKeyDown methods of the control, but it seems like these methods are called by the framework before the control has updated its internal text value, so the wi...

new user question
Hey all, I'm on the last day of my workterm and I'm trying to print of a bunc of work of done but i don't know how to print multiple pages with th same column titles. How do I do this? Thanks, Jonatha -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Go to: File/Page Setup/Sheet/Rows to Repeat at top and fill in the rows you want repeated at top of each page >-----Original Message----- >Hey all, > >I'm on the last day of my workterm and I'm trying to print of a bunch >of work of done but i don't know how to print multiple pages with the >same co...

Dialog Destructor... where is it?
The class wizard (VC6) doesn't create a ~CMyDialog... where should I put 'destruction' code, or how should I generate the destructor? Thanks, MS Hello, You can add the destructor manually or add destruction code in OnDestroy() event. Regards, Elias ...

Getting "Save as PDF File" Dialog at end of printing to PDF using PDFwriter
I have a project where I'm using VBA to update multiple excel workbooks and creating custom copies of the workbooks as PDF files. The custom copies of the workbooks are customized by what sheets and individual wants to see. I have successfully used PDFwriter to suppress the "Save as PDF File" dialog by programatically changing the registry entries for PDFFileName, bExecViewer and bDocInfo and using the printOut method of excel to get what I need. This works well for all but two of the workbooks. These two workbooks create the PDF files as programmed but at the end of the print to...

Change the background color of the Net display?
The net display Receipt is not a good color out of the box to show the total cause it is blue on a black background. Anyone know how to change the Total Price color to something other then Blue? Thanks -- Steve Hi Steven. If you would like to call me I can help you out. 253-509-2110 ask for Don "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" wrote: > The net display Receipt is not a good color out of the box to show the total > cause it is blue on a black background. Anyone know how to change the Total > Price color to something other then Blue? > Thanks > > -- > Ste...

Background music problem
We are having a problem putting background music into am email so the recipient can hear it. It works fine from my computer but not my wife's. She is running Windows XP Home with Office 2003 (and Outlook 2003) and I have Windows XP Pro, Office XP (and Outlook XP). We both seem to be set up the same with respect to Outlook & Word and I can put background music into an email to her and she can hear it. However, we are unable to do this successfully from her end. A friend mentioned that the code (in my wife's email) shows a link to a music file on her hard disk which would explai...

Scanning E-mail for Certain words & changing the background
Hello, I have been asked to write a macro for Outlook that will scan an e-mail for select words such as Voluntary, Surrender, etc. and then change the background (highlight) those words found in an e-mail. I have used VBA in Excel and Access but not in Outlook. I looked through all 43 pages on the site and could not find a post to help. Probably looked right past several. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. thanks, -- rhutch In what version of Outlook? Highlight those words in an open message? In the reading pane? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Micr...

line of dots between title and pg number, please
Using MS Word 2003, on XP... I have set up both my TOC and index as follows: title Pg Title one 1 Title two 2 Next title is three 3 four 4 etc. this goes on for 6 pages both in TOC and Index, (though index is alphabetical) Is there a way now, to insert on each line a series of dots/periods after the title and 3 spaces, and just before the number, and so that the ones, tens, and hundreds columns are correctly under each other on each line, without typing each dot on each line ??? Sorry for the run-on sentence. T.I.A. Sylvia M. Set a r...

Background in Publisher is off centered
When I apply a background in Publisher it is off centered and doesn't cover the page. The white borders are not equal around the edges. I would either like the background to cover all of the page or the white border to be equal all the way around. What version of MS Publisher are you using? Or...are you using MS Home Publishing? What type of project are you creating? Did you try resizing and dragging the clip to the position you desire? -- John Inzer "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92D50119-BE7F-433D-9C79-7F2AEA9635CB@microsoft.com....

Whynter Free-Standing Hot and Cold Water Dispenser with Storage
List Price:$164.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000V6R7HW Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000V6R7HW Feel like a I got a real steal on this water dispenser. It is a stainless steel appliance that is very contemporary in design. Both the hot and cold water functions are as advertised. Easy to setup and use. The child lock on the hot water is a brilliant feature especially if for home use. From box to first use in less than 10 mins. Hot water is very hot, cold water is very cold. Great sized item if you lack space. Great looking item. I am...

Recording myself talk and have background music playing PPT 2007
Hello all, I need to record myself over a PPT but would like background music playing at a lower volume than me speaking. How can I do this with PPT 2007? Sincerely, Geo Record the narration using Slide Show | Record Narration. (I wouldn't use Rehearse Timings in conjunction with Record Narration.) Then add the music background to the presentation separately using Insert | Sound | Sound from File. I believe it will need to be an MP3, not a WAV, because your narrations will be WAVs. On the Sound Tools Options tab that appears when you select the sound icon on the sl...

SP3 Warning Dialog
We've applied SP3 to our office products. Now when we go into Outlook to send an email or read an email, we get the warning dialog requesting access for x minutes where the max for x is 10 minutes. Is it possible to disable this access dialog box? See if the information at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems helps. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Ruth Ann" <...

Pub 2003 Background disappears when printing as ps or pdf
I have a colored background (gradient) on my Pub 2003 file. When I convert it to ps or pdf the background disappears. Any ideas on how to keep the background? Is the gradient on the Master Page? Are you sure you don't have ignore Master Page checked? Are you using Acrobat? I have the same result with the .ps extension, but the gradient is okay with the PDF printer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fixture" <fixture@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C90EFF61-EC33-439E-AE20-3A0DB61...

Deleting a background
Good day, Am using Visio 2003. Is there any other, easier way to delete a background than to go to File>Page Setup>Page Properties? Thank you. Helene Hi Helene, You can use the Document Explorer window, which you'll find under the View menu. But you still have to right-click on the foreground page, choose Properties..., remove the background page from the foreground page first, and then delete the background page. Ugh! It's not much easier, and it leads you to the same dialog box. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP Free Visio shapes: http://www.visguy.com/c...

Filling Area Between 2 Series in a Line Chart
Hello- I have a chart with two series; one plotted on the Primary Axis (assets-positive values), one on the Secondary Axis (liabilities-negative values). There is an area between the two lines that I would like to fill with a color or pattern (this will represent the "free cash" that is available). Is it possible to have this area filled? Thank you, Tom Tom - You'd need the data on the same axis. Plot it as a stacked area type chart, where the first series is Liabilities and the second is Assets - Liabilities (but named Assets). Format Liabilities to have a border a...

How to preserve CListbox contents between dialogs
In my MFC based application that shares code between PC and PocketPC I have three CListBox type objects that I want to be able to share between different Dialogs that are invoked with DoModal at different times. CListBox contents are pretty much static, but it takes a long time (especially on older PocketPCs) to initialize them with information. I wanted to Create global CListBox windows and then share them between dialogs as needed. So in InitDialog I create listboxes (WS_CHILD|LBS_NOTIFY...) if they are not windows yet and fill them with their content. Otherwise I just set the dialog as thei...

Start dialog from a generic class
Hello, I have created a Dialog Class with the ressource editor. I want to start/show this Dialog from an generic class. When I include the Dialog class header (ostguidlgposprocessor.h) I get the following error: --------------------Configuration: OSTGUI - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling... OST.cpp c:\programme\microsoftvisualstudio\myprojects\ostroot\ostgui\ostguidlgpospro cessor.h(21) : error C2065: 'IDD_DIALOG1' : undeclared identifier c:\programme\microsoftvisualstudio\myprojects\ostroot\ostgui\ostguidlgpospro cessor.h(21) : error C2057: expected constant expression OST...

Displaying stuff in the Task Bar for Dialog
Hi, I have a dialog based application with no title bar / system menu etc. Which means this stuff doens't appear in my task bar either. How do I get the popup menu in the task bar to work? ...