Which Icon should I use?

I want to know what is the dimension and the number of colors of the following icons.
1. Icon shown in the task bar
2. Icon shown in the title bar
3. Icon shown in the Explorer
Thanks.~~

--
My C++ and C# ( Traditional Chinese ) Web Site : www.franzwong.com/Home.php

0
honfung3 (17)
7/6/2003 6:32:17 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

These icons are created for you (IDR_MAINFRAME) by the app wizard. You will
find two sizes of these in resource editor(32x32 and 16x16). I have never
investigated other sizes but I gather that would be OK but MFC may not like
it.

As far as colors are concerened, its number is limited by resource editor
capability. You can use other editors to create a high resolution icon and
then use LoadImage to load these. You would have to do all this at run time
by yourself.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Franz" <honfung3@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message
> I want to know what is the dimension and the number of colors of the
following icons.
> 1. Icon shown in the task bar
> 2. Icon shown in the title bar
> 3. Icon shown in the Explorer
> Thanks.~~
>
> --
> My C++ and C# ( Traditional Chinese ) Web Site :
www.franzwong.com/Home.php

0
ajaykalra (6842)
7/6/2003 6:37:01 AM
Thanks.
When I have two sizes (32x32 and 16x17) of icon, how does the program choose which size is used for task bar and which one is used
for title bar?

--
My C++ and C# ( Traditional Chinese ) Web Site : www.franzwong.com/Home.php

"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D:#nlxDk4QDHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> These icons are created for you (IDR_MAINFRAME) by the app wizard. You will
> find two sizes of these in resource editor(32x32 and 16x16). I have never
> investigated other sizes but I gather that would be OK but MFC may not like
> it.
>
> As far as colors are concerened, its number is limited by resource editor
> capability. You can use other editors to create a high resolution icon and
> then use LoadImage to load these. You would have to do all this at run time
> by yourself.
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "Franz" <honfung3@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message
> > I want to know what is the dimension and the number of colors of the
> following icons.
> > 1. Icon shown in the task bar
> > 2. Icon shown in the title bar
> > 3. Icon shown in the Explorer
> > Thanks.~~
> >
> > --
> > My C++ and C# ( Traditional Chinese ) Web Site :
> www.franzwong.com/Home.php

0
honfung3 (17)

hey ya'll how do i auto sum a cell using the letter x instaed of .
hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a number To count number of "x"es =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"x") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:25:04 -0700, jrod98 <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a >number Gord answered but I couldn't resist asking what the sum of x and x is? Sinister Rod Serling music here. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jrod98" <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

paste text into a used cell
I need to move text from one row to a single cell that has been formatted to wrap text and repeat the process for other rows. Paste is not working. Please advise. When you copy and paste, you paste the format as well as the contents If you want to copy text to a cell that is formatted differently instead of paste, slelct paste special, values -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26962 ...

How can I use the exchange mode in Outlook? Can I use it in my PC
Can I use it in my PC? To use it I'm supposed to have Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, but what is that? Using the exchange mode in Outlook, if Outlook makes a security copy for my emails, that means that if an email has a virus, it gets saved in my PC? If by "Exchange Mode" you mean use an Exchange server in "Add / Edit Email Accounts" you can't - unless you are connecting to an Exchange server (which is often the case in larger companies). If you had an Exchange server, I suspect you would have been informed by your tech staff - so my guess is that the answer...

COUNTIF using amount of time
I have some data with various time intervals in mm:ss.ms and I want to use the COUNTIF function to count how many of them fall between 1-2 minutes, 2-3 minutes, 3-4 minutes, etc., but I keep getting a count of all the values. Am I comparing the time intervals wrong? For example, the data (in the A column) is: 01:19.666 01:13.287 01:28.308 02:29.872 05:36.658 01:01.770 My formula for counting those between 1-2 minutes: =COUNTIF(A:A,">=00:01.000&&<00:02.000") The returned value is 6. Any help would be appreciated, Dennis Dennis, For 1 to 2 minutes, try =SUMPRODUCT(...

to use workday function in excel vba code
hi all, is there a way to use wrokday function in my worksheet controls.? i have a date time picker in my worksheet and a text box and a button. on click of this button i should get next desired date. like when i select a date from the calendar and click on button ther is onclick function in my macro. this onclick should calculate next desired date(assume if i choos 10/11/2005 and add 2 to this date i should get 12/11/2005) i know how to use workday function using a cell reference but................ i don't know how to put this into a vba code. if i use workday("10/11/2005&qu...

Using a sub procedure to change a subform property
I am currently using the following code to change the AllowEdits property on any form. The form calls the Sub procedure through a button's OnClick event. Sub UnlockForm(strFormName As String) On Error GoTo Err_unlockform If Forms(strFormName).AllowEdits = False Then Forms(strFormName).AllowEdits = True MsgBox "Form is now unlocked for editing." End If Exit_unlockform: Exit Sub Err_unlockform: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_unlockform End Sub I am trying to call this Sub procedure from a button on a subform. I was going to us...

Use of Dialog
Hi all, I'm curious about use of excel dialog. What is for? and how to use it and what other benefits or advantages in using for common financial worksheet? Thank you. :) -- markuss ------------------------------------------------------------------------ markuss's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34966 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553085 Dialogs can make things easier for you and your end user. They can be used to pre-validate entered information, apply business rules to it before placing it onto a w...

Inactive chart icon
In a shared folder I have many .xls files. On some the chart icon i grayed out.On others it works normally. None of the help screens ha helped ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Probably those workbooks are shared, which means that lots of features aren't available. For more information, look in Excel's Help, under "Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks" magison wrote: > In a shared folder I have many .xls files. On some t...

Use Folders for E-mail
I organize my e-mail message into folder by client or topic. When I look at a message in the "sent items" folder it is shown under the name of the person to whom I sent it. However, when I drag that same item into a client or topic folder it is now shown under my name, apparently since I was the sender. Is there a way to force the dragged item to keep the same name as it had in the sent items folder? Chuck Humphrey All you have to do is switch the view on the client or topic folder to "Sent To" -- that's the view used in the Sent Items folder by default. -- Jocelyn...

Inserting blank rows plus using Sum
I have a list of stocks sorted by date. When the stock symbol changes, I need to insert 2 blank rows and AutoSum columns 2, 6,7, and 8 of the group and display them on the first of the 2 blank rows, leaving a blank row before the next group. Symbol Qty Price Action Name US Trade Date Amount Commission Fees MSFT -210 28.95 Sell 2/13/2008 6079.43 -0.07 -0.07 MSFT -790 28.95 Sell 2/13/2008 22863.24 -7.26 -0.26 -1000 28942.67 -7.33 -0.33 C -700 22.16 Sell 3/4/2008 15511.82 -0.18 -0.18 C -300 22.15 Sell 3/4/2008 6637.92 -7.08 -0.08 -1000 22149.74 -7.26 -0.26 MSFT -500...

Not able to send mails using Ms Outlook 2000
Whenever i try to send mails using Ms Outlook 2000 i get this error SMTP-MAIL: died on signal 11', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server But i am able to send the same mails with same id configured with Outlook Express 6 and 5 both What will be the solutions to this Regards Shardul What you try to do is to export your mailaccount setting from Outlook exprees into Outook 2000 >-----Original Message----- >Whenever i try to send mails using Ms Outlook 2000 i get >this error >SMTP-MAIL: died on signal 11', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, >Server > > > >But i a...

Ignore table formatting when importing data using OLEDB
I am using Excel 2010. I want to write a macro in a 'consolidate' XLSM file that will query another selected XLSM file and import data from one of the range names in that file, into the 'consolidate' file. When the import occurs, it formats the imported table using the default Excel 2010 table style (see screenshot), however i don't want to format the cells - i just want to import raw data and leave the cells formatted as they are in the 'consolidate' XLSM file. The PreserveFormatting property has no impact, as the damage is already done once the query is added. ...

Two problems: Printing PPM image and accessing the generic Print Preview when using static MFC window
Hi, I can print IPicture objects with no trouble (drawn with Ipicture->render). But when I do it with PPM/PNG drawn with StretchDIBits I can see it on the screen and also in print preview, but the printed page is empty. Is it possible to do it, or can I wrap my BYTE array containing the image into an IPicture pbject and draw it through IPicture->render? I also have trouble with print preview in static MFC DLL. When I click print preview a warning window appears (with an empty string) and I can click OK and it ignores my attempt to open print preview. In debug mode it says there was an a...

Using Delete Dialog
Hi NG, I try to create a Custom Web Page, which will insert to the CRM by NavBar. This is working fine. Now the should be a seperate Button, for deleting. I found a way to call the standard delete dialog with: window.showModalDialog("/grid/cmds/dlg_delete.aspx?iObjType=112&iTotal=1&sIds=") My Problem now: How can I set the id for the Case which should deleted? When I set the argumten like: window.showModalDialog("/grid/cmds/dlg_delete.aspx?iObjType=112&iTotal=1&sIds=", "{C1B55815-104E-DB11-9C89-0003FFA2910B}") I get the error: "XML Parse...

Picture viewing in outlook 2000 using XP
Using outlook 2000 standard (no updates). XP Home with all SP's and updates. I view picture attachments using the default picture and fax viewer. When the last picture is viewed. I click next. Instead of restarting the same file, another file appears. It is always the same picture file that appears regardless of which email I am viewing. I have removed the intruder picture file from the C drive(MY Pictures) and from outlook (sent items). This intruder still happens. Any ideas ??? Metro Pete <Metro Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using outlook 2000 standard (no u...

what pdf software do you use to redact text?
There are a lot of software packages that will converted back and forth between Word and PDF documents - however, I need to know if anyone uses a good converter that will allow true redactions that cannot be seen in the PDF version as well as remove metadata from the output document. Thanks!! CH Do your redaction in Word. Output the document to a graphics format such as TIFF using SnagIt's 'printer' driver, then print the results to PDF using Acrobat to combine multiple pages. That should stay redacted :) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> ...

icon associated with file extenction
what function do i have to run to get an icon associated with file extenction? winnicki SHGetFileInfo API. use SHGFI_LARGEICON or SHGFI_SMALLICON for the uFlags parameters. -- �ſ��� (Shin, YoungJin) http://www.jiniya.net "Winnicki" <rsobies(at)wp.pl> wrote in message news:%23YziABkwEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > what function do i have to run to get an icon associated with file > extenction? > > winnicki > > thanks winnicki ...

how can I use a picture to fill text?
I am trying to use a big balloon font, and have a picture as the fill color. How do I do this? Create the phrase with WordArt. Fill, Fill effects, Picture tab. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lee254" <lee254@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EA083FF-61A9-4DF7-9D65-6CAE1A3B02E5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a big balloon font, and have a picture as the fill color. > How do I do this? ...

Mysterious question mark (?) when using OWA
Mysterious question mark (?) when using OWA It seems that my users whom use OWA to send email always seem to send along an "?" question mark at the beginning of their email messages. I am trying to find out why that is happening and how to go about eliminating it. If clients are XP SP2, check kba 883543 and apply the hotfix. Pe-XP SP2 clients: reinstall the S/MIME control from OWA - options. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote in message new...

Using a variable to refer to a control in VBA
Good Afternoon, I was wondering if any one can tell me how to fix the 3rd line to work like the 2nd one does. The 2nd one works fine but one the 3rd one they system throws an error. thanks! Dale Dim intloop as integer intloop=8 Forms![frmDate]![frmsubMonth].Form![subForm8].visible = False Forms![frmDate]![frmsubMonth].Form!("subFrom" & intloop & "").visible = False Dale K wrote: >Good Afternoon, > >I was wondering if any one can tell me how to fix the 3rd line to work like >the 2nd one does. The 2nd one works fine but one ...

error converting SBF to GP using Migration Wizard
Running the Migration Wizard to convert SBF to GP. Got error: Conversion failed converting varchar value 'stn42150' to data type smallint. This was during the BCP DU000010 Started step. What does this mean? What do I need to do? Thanks! ...

[Ann] Update to shell script used with Super Duper! in Snow Leopard
Entourage Help Blog: Update to shell script used with Super Duper! in Snow Leopard After updating to Snow Leopard, some Entourage users need to update the shell script provided in this article Backup Entourage with SuperDuper! to quit all Microsoft applications. Users are also getting an error when the script runs in Super Duper! that indicates the Adobe Unit Types.osax is causing the script to fail. Continue reading for more info and download links. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/11/update_shell_script_sl.html> <http://tinyurl.com/ycl8eeu> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac...

Macro to Protect workbook using a password
I know this would be a little unorthodox, but I currently have a macro that will unprotect a workbook including a password. The line is as follows: ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect (password) I also want a macro that will do just the opposite, including the password. Is this possible? I've tried the following with no luck. ActiveWorkbook.Protect (password), Structure:=True, Windows:=True What does "no luck" mean? Your code works fine for me, though there's no need for the parentheses around the password. In article <Od7KsopkDHA.744@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "PCLI...

Any way to see members of a public list using OWA, plus other snags?
Hello, We're using OWA 2003 as a short-term stop-gap solution for a few hundred users until we get the Outlook client rolled out. It's working fairly well but there are a few snags... - Anyone know if it's possible for an OWA user to see the members of a public distribution list? - Less seriously, is there a control-sequence to insert tabs into a message? Tried all the obvious ones! - IE doesn't allow users open even TXT files without saving them first, as if they were Level 2 attachments. How do we stop that behaviour? - Is the date format which the users can select in OW...

how can i use the same account with the same personal folders in two computers #2
please help in my company we have to use one account in two machines and we want every one in two machines to be aware of what the other do and what mails he send and recive, please note that dont use microsoft exchange as a mail server thanks in advance ...