Which control should I use to display Unicode characters?

Hi,  there,

I want to show Unicode characters, such as Chinese and
Arabic.  Which control should I use?  Could you please
give me a bit of example code?

Thanks a lot.

Gary
0
gary_gzi (5)
8/18/2003 2:53:23 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You do not need specific control to display Unicode strings. Normally, you
would use SetWindowText function to set the control text. If you look in
winuser.h file this 'function' #defined as SetWindowTextA or SetWindowTextW
(depending on the type of the build). If you want to use Unicode text
regardless of build type, specify SetWindowTextW explicitly. Note that you
need to have appropriate fonts installed to able to view chinese or arabic
characters.

"Gary" <gary_gzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,  there,
>
> I want to show Unicode characters, such as Chinese and
> Arabic.  Which control should I use?  Could you please
> give me a bit of example code?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Gary

0
Yan

Can I use a Report expression for queries?
Is it possible to use the following expression that is used in reports on queries? =[Sales]/Sum([Sales])*100 Or some expression to get the result. Thank you. No. In your query, you can refer to text boxes on a form, but not on a report. That's because of the way reports are formatted (sequentially.) Forms have a current record, which identifies which value you want. Reports don't. In the context of a query, there are other ways to get totals, such as DLookup(): http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html or a subquery: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html -- Allen Browne ...

Resizing controls #3
I'm trying to preserve the location and size of a CWnd object usually CBitmap. There are functions that inadvertantly change the size of the object and I need to restore that original size without messing up the location of the control. All the code I've tried to write to fix this issue has not worked but screwed up the location and preserved the size at best. Is there an algorithm that will address this issue? Ideally I'd like a CRect object saved with the coordinates with respect to the main window and the ability to set those coordinates at some later time. jeremyje@gmail.co...

Dynamic List Box using VBA
I wasn't really sure how to phrase this one -- this isn't your Typical Drop-Down List. I have a SELECT statement which queries SQL Server 2005 and displays the data in Excel. Let's say that a database lists products that have been delivered to 4 different cities, on 3 seperate days -- without knowing (in advance) the delivery dates, how could I create an input/drop-down field to allow the user to specify a particular date? I envision something like this: VBA code produces a list box of delivery dates based on a particular product and city. The user selects a delivery date ...

Using ExecuteQuery to get Listing of Cases
I'm attempting to programatically extract a listing of Cases (similar to the Cases listing in the Case Manager of the CRM app) using the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMQuery.ExecuteQuery() method. I can successfully extract Account and Contract info using ExecuteQuery, but I've been unsuccessful in locating a sample of a "QueryXML" string for listing Cases. This is my latest attempt, but I'm not even sure if "Incident" is the correct Entity for what I'm attempting. <fetch mapping='logical'> <entity name='Incident'> <order a...

Using a Button to increment numbers in a database among other things.
I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a download link to the database I am working on. http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a ...

Entourage without HTML-display
Hello NG, I am new to the Mac and in my compay we use office:mac Here's my problem: I compose eMails just using text, I do not use HTML to compose Messages. But if someone writes me a mail that is formatted in HTML Entourage shows the formatted Mail. The only thing that I found so far is to not allow "Complex-HTML" (whatever that means). But even when I turn off complex-HTML Entourage shows HTML. I was used (using Outlook Express 6) to turn off the display of HTML-Mails completly. Even Lotus Notes (v.5.0.9a) shows the eMails without HTML-Formatting. And if I send an eMail f...

Using Emit to Return a Value
Hello: I am trying to write a piece of code that can implement an interface's methods simply by returning a specified value. I am trying to see how Mock libraries are written. For instance, I have a piece of code that looks like this: MockFactory.CreateMock<ISomething>().Setup(something => something.Foo()).Returns("abc"); What I want to be able to do is somehow implement ISomething.Foo so that it returns "abc". However, I am having a hard time figuring out the Emit code for taking an arbitrary object and incorporating it. I've never want...

I have SQL Server installed on my workstation, can I not use MSDE
I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation and I don't really want another instance of SQL on my box. Is there anyway for MS CRM 1.2 to use my existing installation? If you are referring to the MSDE datastore for the SFO client, then no, there isn't. It will install a new instance, but many of the underlying files are shared amongst the instances. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 23 Apr 2004 10:07:41 -0700, ramirez2sma@hotmail.com (Shawn Ramirez) wrote: I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation ...

Which service controls MSExchangeDSAccess?
Which service does MSExchangeDSAccess run under? I know that mad.exe is run by the System Attendant service. MSExchangeDSAccess is like a sub-module of another service. Not sure which one however. System Attendant. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3s7k2uFmpgefU1@individual.net... > Which service does MSExchangeDSAccess run under? I know that mad.exe is > run by the System Attendant service. MSExchangeDSAccess is like a > sub-...

How can i use DAO Application
Hello freinds I have a software which is made in MFC and connected with MS Access 97 through DAO(Direct Access Object via MS jet Engine). Now i want to use same software for Postgresql and wanted to connected it through ODBC. Problem is that Old software has been developed for DAO,all main file like ,recordset,view doc r made for DAO. If i want to make it in ODBC,my classes like Set ,view Doc and other would be generated for ODBC. I dont know any option to use same software, Should i write whole software from the begining? I need ur help. thanks Sheikh ...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Using OUTPUT TO in VBA, then how to modify the XLS from Access?
I'm using the simple "OUTPUTTO" command to send a query over to Excel, however we will have many users and we would like to programmatically add the header rows, date printed, turn on the auto filter and freeze panes, all of which I can do within a Macro in Excel, but how do I call that macro to run from Access and How to run it on the file that they just created? Current Code: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "MainRptWUser", acFormatXLS, , True "ThriftyFinanceGirl" wrote: > I'm using the simple "OUTPUTTO" command to send...

Inability to connect with exchange server using entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange I have a 2008 version of entourage that I connect with my exchange server. I added a ms office home edition to my computer, and now I am unable to connect to my server. The error message now says that I must upgrade to a std edition of office in order to connect to an exchange server. If my previous version of entourage would connect and it is still on the computer, why won't it do it now with office installed? Any advice? <br> thanks What version of Microsoft Office 2008 entourage did you down...

How to best imitate using Word macros in Outlook 2007
In my previous Office 2003 setup, I used Word for email editing, allowing me to use Word macros to generate common sections of text in the emails, etc. I see that in Office 2007, the email editor does not support the Word object model. How do I program a macro that would allow me to enter a certain text in the Outlook message under 2007? Thank you. What happens when you try using the Outlook Macro editor? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, AMolotkov asked: | In my previous Office 2003 setup, ...

missing wab dll first time using outlook 2000
while trying to install outlook 2000 for the first time I get a missing dll file message. A computer search did not turn up any wab file. I have a new phone (droid) I am trying to set up a sync with it from outlook Applies to Vista and Windows 7 when it comes to this *.wab error See the following about Outlook 2000 and missing *.wab http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "airport mark" <airport mark@discussions.microsoft.c...

Pubilc view which displays all the records of a business unit?
Hi We have a requirement where we require to have a public view which displays all the records related to a business unit. ie. a user should be able to see his records as well as the records created by users beloging to his businedd unit,. Please let me know whether this is possible or not. If any one has worked on this please revert back. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

Percentile: Different Result Using VBA?
If I populate some cells on an Excel spreadsheet with, say, 1, 2, 3, 4; and then set another cell to =Percentile([cell range], .9) I get a result of 4. OTOH, if I'm in VBA and feed the those numbers to gExcelApp.WorksheetFunction.PercentRank, I get 3.7. Only diff I can see is the use of a VBA array of double to pass the numbers 1-4. Does this sound familiar to anybody? -- PeteCresswell Try formatting the cell containing the percentile function to display some decimal places: then you'll get 3.7 as expected. "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote in message news...

Help using Tables
Hi guys! I need some help. I have a table that has a percentage range. Like this. Less than 90% 0 90.0% 90.9% $ 2,625 91.0% 91.9% $ 3,413 92.0% 92.9% $ 4,200 93.0% 93.9% $ 4,988 94.0% 94.9% $ 5,775 95.0% 95.9% $ 6,563 96.0% 96.9% $ 7,350 97.0% 97.9% $ 8,138 98.0% 98.9% $ 8,925 99.0% 99.9% $ 9,713 100.0% 100.9% $ 10,500 101...

display a number that is decimal degrees in Deg:min:sec format
How can I create a format to display a number that is in decimal degrees, in Degree:minute:second? See http://cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm In article <DD958DEA-4DE1-4C80-80D5-D959F720E452@microsoft.com>, "Sterling" <Sterling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I create a format to display a number that is in decimal degrees, in > Degree:minute:second? ...

How To Add Rows and Cells in The Table Using IHTMLTable
Hello Everyone, I am currently working on the DHTML Dialog Based Application. I have been stucked due to a problem, which is that my HTML Page contains a HTML Table element and a button, i want my application to add rows and cells on the click event of that button. I have captured the event of the button but i am unable to add rows and cells in the table. Can anyone tell me how to acheive that by using the IHTMLTable interface. Thanks in advance. From, Ghazanfar Ali. "Ghazanfar Ali" <ghazanfarali17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uMq8CiCjFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gb...

Can't use Contacts folder following move from XP to Windows 7
I purchased a new computer on Windows 7, installed Office 2003 and copied across all the files including the .pst ones from my old computer which was on XP. Outlook is working fine in every respect except when creating a new message within Mail: it does not recognise the names from my Contacts folder (error message "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize xxx" . If I open the Contacts folder and select a contact, I can create "New Message to Contact". "lynbristol" <lynbristol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309BEC36-C...

OWA not reading Japanese character
Hello, has anyone come across that Japanese characters are not being able to display correctly in OWA exchange 5.5, however using Oulook Client, the characters appear perfectly. The japanese language has been added in owa server as well as on the client pc (control panel, regional /language option). Any hint/help most welcome. Thanks Were you able to figure this out? I am having the same problem. -Shamika "albert" wrote: > Hello, > has anyone come across that Japanese characters are not > being able to display correctly in OWA exchange 5.5, > however using Ou...

Views using linked tables
Hi! On my own sqlDB, I need to link tables form other sqlDB in the same machine and then, create views that combine fields of my own tables and linked tables. Please give some suggestions. Thanks LAM LAM (luism0@(arroba)yahoo.es) writes: > On my own sqlDB, I need to link tables form other sqlDB in the same > machine and then, create views that combine fields of my own tables and > linked tables. Please give some suggestions. CREATE VIEW myview AS SELECT ... FROM localtable JOIN otherdb.dbo.othertable ON That is, you refer to the tables in...

vlookups,and how to use them?
I have a problem with vlookups and how to use them correctly? I could use some examples. Thank you Lorett Attachment filename: hw payroll.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=62142 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried looking at the examples in HELP index for LOOKUP. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Loretta Monnier >" <<Loretta.Monnier.19ne3n@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Loretta.Monnier.19ne3n@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a problem wi...

Conditional Sums Using Multiple Criteria
I want to sum a column if 2 conditions in a row are true. For example: If I have an array with the columns: Name, Type, Amount. I only want to sum Amount if Name="Pete" and Type="A". I've tried {=sum((Name="Pete")*(Type="A")*Amount)} I found this formula the book Microsoft Excel 2000 Formulas page 204 but it does not seem to work. Any help is appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Did you array enter it without the curly braces by using CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER at the same time. Works fine for me. -- Regards Ke...