where to find doc. for Microsoft defined types

Is there a place where  all the Microsoft data type definitions can be found
(e.g. BOOL, Hwnd, UINT , etc. etc. . . .)? without having to hunt through all
the .h files?

My most recent snag: in a dialog box, I have class wizard define a member
value variable for a checkbox, which shows up as a BOOL. In my code, I stored
it in a variable defined as bool. Of course, this gives a warning, so I
change mine to BOOL and everythings ok. But I would really like to know what
BOOL is - so far, I haven't found it, but there are so many .h files .......

TIA for any guidance.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Configuring Microsoft Office Basic 2007" every time I start
I added memory to my PC and Office 2003 started to misbehave (and it could not find a CAB file that was on the CD) so I removed it and upgraded to Office 2007. Now every time I start my PC it spends time configuring itself. I might add iTunes is the same. It means starting the PC is an even more laborious process than usual. Oh, and I have some annoying update to XML something or other that does not install either, and does not go away. It is ironic that the extra memory was to improve perforamnce. Every step forwards involves two steps back. Apart from swapping to App...

find data in multiple open workbooks
Im looking to find data in multiple workbooks that are all opened at once. Is there a way of doing this? ...

Interested in Microsoft CRM
My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in implementing MS CRM. This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion of our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization. Are there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business that can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as far as usage of this solution? Also, can you comment on whether the solution was useful without customization or was there customization to the product. If there was customization, then how much (% amount) and wh...

Formatting
I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with the size. Any input? Patty wrote: > I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. > Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the > entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with > the size. Any input? Publisher doesn't resize the contents o...

can,t find my e-mail address
please help reply thank you "dc columbus robbins" <robbinsnest@localnet.com> wrote in message news:eJFE6ktBIHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > please help reply thank you This newsgroup is for questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software. You need to find a newsgroup for the software you are using. And, just for your information, you have to be a great deal more specific about what you are doing, and what is happening, if you expect anyone to be able to give you a helpful answer. "Can't find my e-mail address" doesn't tell ...

Printing Publisher 2007 Docs on HP OfficeJet Pro L7680
I am unable to print more than 9 pages at a time when printing from Microsoft Publisher 2007 and using Vista operating system. Other microsoft programs such as Excel & Word work fine. After talking with HP Help, we've concluded the problem is with Publisher 2007. I have also tried printing to other HP printer models and experience the same problem. How do I fix this? I have two HP printers, neither one has your problem. Have you checked your printer preferences, is one copy enabled? Have you installed the newest driver. This one has a June 2007 timestamp, may be newer than y...

Purpose of Matrix Item Type
Hello, I have been using RMS for over a year, and have never used the matrix item type, mainly because I do not want an unmanageable number of items. The last POS system I used had sub item matrices for size, color, etc. It seems like RMS just adds more items, right? If so, what is the purpose (usefullness?) of matrices? Other than through a member of the matrix, how do you access information about the matrix? Here's and example of what I want to do. Shoe abc, with widths (M, W), and sizes. Sometimes I care about item abc (sales reporting), and sometimes I care about the mor...

Formatting multiple object types in output from a function?
I'm stumped on this one, and have searched and searched for a solution or how-to with no luck. Perhaps it just can't be done. I have a function that may or may not return objects of multiple types. I've setup the type and formatting information for each of the individual types in format.ps1xml files, and when only 1 type is returned by the function the formatting works as I would expect. However, if two or more types are returned by the function, only the formatting for the first object type is applied and then the other types are displayed however PoSH deems ap...

Don't want to type domain reference in OWA @ log on
Is there a way to not type in the domain reference in OWA when the user is logging in? My users are confused when logging on from 2000 to XP. Thanks. Yes, You can!! ESM\Frist Administrative Group\Server\Exchnge Server\Protocol\HTTP\Exchange Virtual Server\Exchange right click proterties\Access\Authenticate in the Default Domain,pls type your domain name after restart your default web site(using IIS Admin MMC Tool) -- Jammyù�ٴ� "ctrlgrid" <jkit001@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D :4f9d64d8.0410260000.51e66dfd@posting.google.com... > Is there a way to not type in the domain re...

Filters, Can't Find Exception List In Rules
I'm trying to set up my filters for junk mail. I want junk mail with certain words in the subject sent to deleted folder. I found the filters.txt file and some of the words are already there. So apparently the filter isn't working. I tried to follow the directions on how to turn them on and they said to choose the exceptions entry in the rules wizard but I have no such choice. I know how to edit the filters.txt file but Outlook is not using it. Can anyone help? The Filters.txt file isn't actively used by Outlook -- it's really just a "readme" type file to sh...

Excel docs won't open from clicking file
I have a strange issue us Excel 2002. When I double-click on an excel document it only open the excel program and not the doc. I can then go to file|open and open it just fine and work on it etc. Excel seems to be OK other than this strange issue. Word and the other office programs don't do this at all??? I have checked and verified all folder options | files types, their associated open commands etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks- Hi Have a look at Tools/Option/General and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' if it's checked. Andy. "jayman" ...

Is it possible to find multiple data?
We have a small lotterysyndicate in work which is all logged onto an excel spreadsheet. Is it possible to search all numbers and all occurances at once, rather than individually? Ie - we have 15 lines of 6 numbers each - can i search for all 6 numbers drawn, across all 15 lines in one go? Im sure this must be possible - just dont know how. Thanks -- stewwie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stewwie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37128 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid...

Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates
When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for records that came in between two dates. For instance, I would like to be able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15. In 3.0 you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On," "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates. The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

Money 2003: Change investment type from fund to stock
One of my investments was set up incorrectly as a mutual fund rather than a stock. Now when I sync with my brokerage website, it doesn't find the stock (since Money thinks it's a mutual fund) and it wants to add all the stock shares to my account as new shares. How can I change the investment type from mutual fund to stock from the Investments area? There are no menu options to do so and the online help doesn't provide any clues. I have several years worth of transactions for this stock, so I'd hate to have to re-enter them all. In microsoft.public.money, IanP. wrote: >...

finding common numbers in large lists
Hello, I have two large lists of numbers (on two seperate worksheets). By large, I mean that one list is 1000+ numbers, and the second list is 3000+ numbers (each number is in its own cell). The numbers are of the form: xxxx.xxx (that is, they are precise up to three places after the decimal) 1) Is there some quick way that I can find the numbers that are common to both lists? 2) Is there a way I can find the numbers in common to both lists using only the whole number portion (diregarding what comes after the decimal of each number)? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...

BYTE Data type and UNICODE
I am converting MFC application to UNICODE. Please inform if BYTE data type is UNICODE enabled. If not how can I convert it to UNICODE. Thanks for your reply Regards Alpha BYTE is typedef'd as unsigned char, so is independent of UNICODE. If you have used that type correctly (i.e. as an 8-bit unsigned integer, rather than as a character), you should not have to convert it. Keith MacDonald "Alpha Siera" <AlphaSiera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C837E1E-AB84-4245-85EC-FD206491306E@microsoft.com... > I am converting MFC application to UNICODE. Pleas...

CRM 4 Advance Finds with Windows 7
I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a resolution yet. When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list. For example. Open advanced find, Select Activities and use saved view [new] In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK. At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not be clicked on. This will always happen on a new adv...

microsoft home publishing
i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a hp computer w/ windows xp, when it['s done and i try to open it tells me one or more parts are missing or broken and then i click on help and it says the wmf grafics filter is missing....is there a fix? how about a web site to down load this software? joanne wrote: > i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i > have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a > hp computer w/ windows xp, when it's done and i try to > open it tells me...

Call a word doc
Currently I am using our DB to track bids to general contractors for building materials. Each bid proposal is prepared in MS Word. Is there a way to call a Word doc for reference only within a form, for example using a button? The proposal could be either a .doc or .pdf that could be reprinted or viewed from Access... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 Whoops, that was not complete. Each bid has its own word file. So when I click a button I need to be able to define the file name. We use a bid number formatted l...

Excel compatible with Microsoft Works
Is Excel 2000 compatible with Microsoft Works Spreadsheet? Thanks! Hi Debbie, Excel (XL2000 and all other versions) cannot open a Works spreadsheet file nor can it save a file in that format. Works can open an XLS file; you need to select the XLS in the File Type box of the File Open dialog. BUT: Works has far less functionality that Excel so unless the XLS file is very simple a lot of 'stuff' will be lost. Works it can save a file in that format; use File SaveAs as specify XLS as the file type. Hope this is clear and of some help to you. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/blieng...

nonsense in microsoft .pst import attempt
Hello all, I have done 2 hours research on this topic but no one seems to have covered my exact dillema. This week I reformmatted my hard drive (with win 98) and reloaded all of my factory settings) you know...clean slate. Before shutting down I backed up all important data. Among those files a .pst that had all of my Outlook Express (v6) settings was saved too. Now with this fresh install the OE program won't allow me to load the very .pst file it created on my previous install. I see that people claim OE doesnt understand .pst files. THEN--- #1. how do I get my old settings and emai...

How to find value that is bigger or smaller than 2SD?
I am new to excel, my question may be silly for you. But I really don't know how to do it and hope to get your help. I need to do statistic analysis of my data table which has lots of columns. First of all, in each column, I want to find and highlight the value that is bigger than mean+two times standard derivation, or smaller than mean-2* standard derivation. Do you have any suggestions about how to do it? Thanks alot, ming Hello, Maybe something like this ... Sub HighlightForMePlease() Dim rngLook As Range, c As Range, firstAddy As String Dim lngSTDEV1 As Double, lngSTD...

Auto copy and insert a defined number of rows as defined in a cell
Hi I don't know much about VBA but could probably work something out. I need to produce carton labels from a spreadsheet using Word to mail merge and the labels need to include 1 of 10, 2 of 10 on them. The number of labels required is dependant on a number which is included for each row of data in the spreadsheet. What I am doing at the moment is copying each row and insert pasting the additional number of rows required. In the new rows I then add 1 of 10 in the first row, 2 of 10 in the second row etc. etc. This then enables me to perform the mailmerge. I have around 300...

Find Related Messages in Outlook 2007
When using the "Find related messages" feature in Outlook 2003, it used to look in the Inbox, Drafts and Sent Items folder. Outlook 2007 defaults to the entire mailbox, including the Deleted Items folder. Is there a way to adjust the default settings for the "Find related messages" function? I'd like to avoid seeing messages that I have already deleted. Thanks, Mark AFAIK, no. You can sort and group by folder to make it less of a problem. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Ask outlook in microsoft office 2003
Is it more convenient function that which are there to ask outlook in microsoft office 2003 edition? I seldom read the letter and follow and send a letter with outlook, all have the browser and help me to join mails and follow and send a letter directly, Have lesson teachers of computers to teach a lot of, which outlooks functions are very well that I am not clear very much to have, the person knowing tells me, please. ...