Where is the workspace file stored?

I was given a project folder containing several dozen files.  So where
is the workspace file normally located?  If I don't have a workspace
file how can I cerate one?  Using VC version 6.  TIA
0
noone5218 (14)
5/21/2007 2:01:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I haven't used VC6 for some time, but if I remember right you can just open
the .dsp file and it will create a .dsw file for you.  It typically goes in
the same folder with the code.

Tom

"Phisherman" <noone@nobody.com> wrote in message
>I was given a project folder containing several dozen files.  So where
> is the workspace file normally located?  If I don't have a workspace
> file how can I cerate one?  Using VC version 6.  TIA

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/21/2007 2:34:42 PM
The workspace (.dsw) file is largely irrelevant.  But you have to have the .dsp file.  If
you open the .dsp file and no .dsw file exists, it will create one for you.
					joe

On Mon, 21 May 2007 14:01:04 GMT, Phisherman <noone@nobody.com> wrote:

>I was given a project folder containing several dozen files.  So where
>is the workspace file normally located?  If I don't have a workspace
>file how can I cerate one?  Using VC version 6.  TIA
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

File format not valid #4
Trying to open a file that windows says is a scrap file. The file has an extension of .xls.shs but when opened excel states that 'file format is not valid'. Ran a virus scan which came back clear. Tryied removing the extension .shs and reassociated the file with excel still no luck. Any Ideas? I've never used Scrap files in excel, but in Word, you can select a range and drag it to your desktop. If you want to use it in another document, you just drag it from the desktop to the location in the new document. I just tried do the eqivalent in xl2002 (win98) and got an error...

Macro to break up a csv file
Please help This is a few lines of a csv file that I have. I have it open in an Excel workbook. I need to write/record a macro that creates a new worksheet and cuts and pastes the data into them at every line that contains an 'R' on the left hand side. The amount of rows that contain data after the 'R' row are variable throughout the file. Thank you. H 11/12/2003 08:00:12 R 7926 1601 N B 11/12/2003 11/12/2003 10:15 L BX10A T10 2 18 6 L BX10A T10 5 71 29 L T20 43 63 22 L T21 BM 9 1 L T21 MB 6 1 ...

csv not importing numbers stored as text
I have a column in an excel spreadsheet that is formatted as text. The contents are like this: 1101,1102,1103... When I save as a csv file it then does a calculation on the numbers. What can I do to make the csv read it as 1101,1102,1103...? On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:44:01 -0800, Jennifer <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a column in an excel spreadsheet that is formatted as text. The >contents are like this: > >1101,1102,1103... > >When I save as a csv file it then does a calculation on the numbers. What >can I do to make t...

Working with Office Live Workspace
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does Office for Mac work with Office Live Workspace? ...

can I disable the delete command for a file
Can I disable the delete command for a file? There's no functionality in Excel that could stop someone opening Windows explorer and deleting a file if that's what you mean -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Dr. Darrell" wrote: > Can I disable the delete command for a file? > > See "permissions" in Windows help. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 05:45:01 -0800, Dr. Darrell <Dr...

Known bug? range with 2 file paths
We have been struggling with a buggy spreadsheet, and finally traced the problem to a double-path range as follows: A reference to an external range is normally defined by a formula like 'mypath\[myfile.xls]mytab'!cell1:cell2 Somehow, we had a series of cells with the range reference displayed as 'mypath\[myfile.xls]mytab'!cell1:'mypath\[myfile.xls]mytab'!cell2 Excel does not object (we have tried to enter it manually and XL accepts it), and all goes well as long as the referenced sheet (myfile.xls) is also open. When you try later to open the sheet containing this f...

Trouble with Filters on a large file
Have a huge file, 29000 rows with 6 columns. Ran a auto-filter but the filter stops at the "1001" row. Thought that I was quite familiar with auto-filters until this. Can anyone please help tell me what's worng or what I should do?? Thanks in Advance Michael Think 1000 is the limit for items to display in the autofilter droplist Try Debra Dalgleish's coverage on this at her page: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits for a possible workaround (Look under "Limits to Dropdown Lists") -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xd...

How do I import mbox mail files into Outlook XP
We recently shifted one of our Linux desktops back to Windows. I have a need to import mail from the employee's Linux data. The mail is stored in Unix-style mbox files. How can I import these into Outlook XP? Thanks, Jason On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:13:44 -0700, "Jason Komar" <jkomar@lubetec.com> wrote: >We recently shifted one of our Linux desktops back to >Windows. I have a need to import mail from the employee's >Linux data. The mail is stored in Unix-style mbox files. >How can I import these into Outlook XP? You may have to export the data to a csv file,...

importing Excel file into Outlook Contacts
I am trying to import an Excel file into Outlook 2002. I did this successfully 1 time but now when I get to the "Import a File" - "The following actions will be performed" dialoge box, I can not change the file to the new file I want to import. The first one I Imported continues to be listed and I can't get rid of it. What should I do??? I experienced the same and the problem was solved when I reboot... You have to reboot... >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import an Excel file into Outlook 2002. I >did this successfully 1 time but now...

File Delete!
Foolish Foolish Me. I was doing some house cleaning with my computer files recently and while I was dumping some spyware I had acumulated over the past 5 years, I accidently deleted the MAPI Spooler for Outlook, could anybody possibly help me? Microsoft isn't much help when you need to get a hold of them, and since all the upgrades I've done to my computer have nullified my warantee I am now finding myself between a rock and a hard place. I can't access my e-mail without going to through my ISP's website. thanks again for any help!! -Brian do a detect and r...

Error opening File
I keep getting the message "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". I am running PUB'98 and assume that the files are in '97 format but cannot find a way to open them or import them. If I try selecting file from the Pub browser then it can preview the object but I still cannot open it. Please help someone as this is getting damn frustrating! Thanks What makes you "assume" the files are Pub 97? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jim hooper" <JH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ceb01c47f26$b2636640$...

Compacting
Windows XP Media Centre edition fully updated Compacting Outlook Express Before Compacting click on Local Folders Then Menu > File > Folder > Compact All Folders. Runs fine to Folders File then Warning/Error ?? Folders Fuile in use by Outlook Express or another application. Tried reboot then compact again before any other app sused problem persists. Any offers of help please -- Jim Bunton Is Fuile a user created folder or a typo? What is its size? Create a new folder. Move all the contents of the Fuile folder to it and delete the old one. If it is more ...

outlook keeps sending files over 1 mb
It resends countlessly and never leaves my outbox unless I can catch it taking a breath and delete it. This causes me to use yousendit.com for larger files but it would be so much easier to use my own outlook. What gives with this? I called my internet provider and they don't have a limit on file size so it has to be microsoft. Surely I'm not the only one having this problem. Microsoft XP OS; office 2003 with all service packs updated. Thanks! Outlook has no limit on the size of the file you send unless you have an Exchange mailbox (usually found in the work pl...

I open 2007 file, it opens as .ppt (2003) read only
When I open up my 2007 files .pptx by double-clicking on it, it opens as a ..ppt (Read Only) (Compatibility Mode). I then have to do a "save as" 2007 file. However, when I open it by doing file-open - it opens as a 2007 file. Does anyone know why yhis happens and if there is a preference I can set to have them open as 2007 files when I double-click on it? Thanks in advance! -- Marc One solution would be right clicking the file and selecting properties and going to the " General" tab and changing the program it uses to open as a default(i am not aware...

new excell will not read old excell file
I have just installed office home and student into a new computer but when try to run one of my existing file it tells me it is corrupt. It runs fine in the old computer. please help What versions of Excel are involved? XL2007 can read and write both the new formats (xlsm, xlsx, xlsb) and the old format (xls). Unless you have the Office Compatibility Pack (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074/en-us) installed, XL2003 can read only xls files -- it cannot read the new file versions. Since 2003 has no knowlege of the new formats, it assume the file is corrupted. Of course, a file...

Converting Outlook Files
I need to convert all my files, (address book, saved messages, calendar etc.) from a computer running XP to a syster running 2000 Professional. If you are using Microsoft Outlook, you just need to copy over your *.pst file(s). From there, you can import the items into your new system or open the *.pst file via File | Open | Personal Folders/Outlook Data file and then drag/drop items between the old folder set and new one. If you are using Outlook Express, you should ensure that Windows 2000 is running IE6/6SP1 (which would be equal to Windows XP/Windows XP SP1 respectively). You will nee...

Where are these files stored in ?
hello everyone: "Site Collection"--"View audit log reports" there are so many log file,but i can't find out where are these files stored in ,who can help me ? and can i change its location where they are stored in ? You cannot change the audit logs storage location, as it is stored in the content database on the SQL server. Regards, Vaibhav Desai ...

retrieving file extension
hi, i have string containing the name of a file with extension eg:- CString strFile = website.jpeg is there any API to retrieve the extension of the file from the string. thanks anu. hi, I guess there is no direct way to get the file extension. What you can do is use the _strstr function. If you are using the CFileDialog, then there you can use CFileDialog::GetFileExt() to get the extn. hth gangadhar anu wrote: > hi, > > i have string containing the name of a file with extension > eg:- CString strFile = website.jpeg > > is there any API to retrieve the extension...

Problem with Huge PST File
When I went to start up Outlook 2003, I got a message that my PST file was not closed properly last time. Outlook went through it's process. Now, my PST file is 823MB, even though when I do a folder size on it within outlook, it says the PST file shou be about 10MB. Does anyone have some suggestions? --Nicholas Are you checking the .pst file size from the root of your personal folders? If you search your hard drive for the .pst file, what does Windows report as the file size? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Sw...

Publisher files stop responding taking full resources of sysem.
While trying to open the copied version of the technical- manual, the system stops responding and shows up exhausting most of the system resources. the error that occurs occasionally is Error:-> System is not responding. The same does not happen with the original copy of the manual which works fine. Both of these contain some text and some graphics and the second one (copy) is having a few more graphics. It happens everytime when I create Publication of such kind and then save as another copy of it. The problem only occurs with the copied version. Please help as it just do...

Unable to log into file
I read that I could not sign up for Experian if I updated a 2004 file. So I created a new 2005 with my current passport login/password. After I created my Experian account, I then went and removed online access to that file (2005). However when I try to log back into my original file, I enter the password and it begins to log in and then the password just goes blank with no error message. I have verified that no accounts are online, I have removed the passport login using Password Manager from my new 2005 account, but I still can not log back into my updated 2004 original money f...

The system cannot find the file specified
I am receiving this error in Outlook 2003 when attempting to open Word attachments. I have tried deleting all temporary internet files and all files in the OKLE temp folder and the problem was corrected - for about five minutes! If I open the attachment a second time, it opens no problem. The error is popping up sporadically on our users machines. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! Have you cleared the IE cache? Tools --> Internet Options --> Delete Files. -- Rodney Buike MVP Windows Server - Directory Services http://thelazyadmin.com "Natalie Lewi...

TransferText
Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? Please advise. Thank you. "Brig Siton" <bnospamsiton@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e0wzJZZ1KHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and > APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? TransferText will always overwrite the target file. If you still want to use TransferText, you can export to a temporary file, then use one of seve...

open a published PDF file with a non PDF assigned application
Hi, I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with an application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific application for PDF files? Thanks Talyas On May 27, 3:48=A0am, Talyas <Tal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with = an > application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. > > Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific > app...

how can I list FrontPage files by category?
I click view > reports > All Files - and can't see a way to do the above when the file-list appears. View | Reports | Workflow | Categories -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Spider Web Woman Designs http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/ Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others "Pete" wrote: > I click view > reports > All Files - and can't see a way to do the above > when the file-list appears. "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:376FC971-07F6-4A11-A1...