When viewing an MFC dll's dependancies can't seem to find MFC80D.d

While compiling a project that has recentlly been upgraded to VS2005 from
VS6.0 i keep getting a registration error. at the end of the process the
project tries to register the newly compiled DLL. when i looked at the DLL
through Dependancy Walker i discovered that it could not seem to find three
DLLs: MFC80D.dll, msvcp80d.dll and msvcr80d.dll. any ideas why this would
happen?
0
shawn1 (154)
10/20/2007 11:28:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Oct 20, 7:28 am, Shawn <Sh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> While compiling a project that has recentlly been upgraded to VS2005 from
> VS6.0 i keep getting a registration error. at the end of the process the
> project tries to register the newly compiled DLL. when i looked at the DLL
> through Dependancy Walker i discovered that it could not seem to find three
> DLLs: MFC80D.dll, msvcp80d.dll and msvcr80d.dll. any ideas why this would
> happen?

You need to run vcrdist_x86.exe in your setup. This is a change from
VC6 days. Following will help:

http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/?postid=80
http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/vcredists_x86.asp

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
10/20/2007 11:45:08 AM
The registration is being done as part of the project compilation. it isn't
being deployed it's being registered on the development computer. i would
have thought that when i installed VS2005 it would have put everything in
place.

"Ajay Kalra" wrote:

> On Oct 20, 7:28 am, Shawn <Sh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > While compiling a project that has recentlly been upgraded to VS2005 from
> > VS6.0 i keep getting a registration error. at the end of the process the
> > project tries to register the newly compiled DLL. when i looked at the DLL
> > through Dependancy Walker i discovered that it could not seem to find three
> > DLLs: MFC80D.dll, msvcp80d.dll and msvcr80d.dll. any ideas why this would
> > happen?
>

> You need to run vcrdist_x86.exe in your setup. This is a change from
> VC6 days. Following will help:
>
> http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/?postid=80
> http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/vcredists_x86.asp
>
> ---
> Ajay

0
shawn1 (154)
10/20/2007 10:36:01 PM
The original poster is trying to do a compilation, on a machine where VS2005
was installed.

In my experience, on a machine where VS2005 isn't installed, installting but
not compiling an application, running vcrdist_x86.exe in a setup has been
helpful -- but Microsoft says not to do setups that way (except for
one-click setups):
http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2007/10/12/how-to-redistribute-the-visual-c-libraries-with-your-application.aspx

> On Oct 20, 7:28 am, Shawn <Sh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> While compiling a project that has recentlly been upgraded to VS2005 from
>> VS6.0 i keep getting a registration error. at the end of the process the
>> project tries to register the newly compiled DLL. when i looked at the
>> DLL
>> through Dependancy Walker i discovered that it could not seem to find
>> three
>> DLLs: MFC80D.dll, msvcp80d.dll and msvcr80d.dll. any ideas why this would
>> happen?
>

> You need to run vcrdist_x86.exe in your setup. This is a change from
> VC6 days. Following will help:
>
> http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/?postid=80
> http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/vcredists_x86.asp
>
> ---
> Ajay

0
ndiamond1 (258)
10/22/2007 12:45:25 AM
Hi,

  I My Case sometimes i get MFC80D.dll MFC80UD.dll dll missing
reinstalling Application (i.e VS2005) mightsolve this problem but this
is not consistant some timemes i will not get this message. and
application links and launches properly.

0
kishor.s22 (10)

MFC and threads #3
Greetings, I am running into a problem when trying to pause a thread in MFC based application. This is my first time using user defined Events for synchronization. The scenario is like this. Code executes in a worker thread and based on some conditions thread launches another new dialog window. That window displays some message to user ie, Hello There! in an Edit control. I provide a Resume button on the bottom of that message Window so that user can continue after reading the message and the worker thread should continue from where it left off. This is the code for that Resume button. v...

Select Securities in Portfolio View
In the Portfolio View options (Customize Current View), there is a tab to select Security Type. Then there is a list of security types to choose from. For some reason, I only have two options: I can choose "Select All", or I can pick only one security type. There doesn't seem to be a way to do multiple-select. Is that right...it's either all or one? i'm trying to select everything except for cash. ...

Can see form in design view but not in open or layout view
I have set up the tables, relationships and forms. When I first created the form I was able to view when clicking open. I made a couple of changes and now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value. Also, I can no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I can see my form and all the tabs. There is either something missing or somthing is named incorrectly. Had a similar problem recently where a new version was installed in the front end, but the table in the back end had not been updated properly (a new field) and the new version of the...

MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views with user-defined functions?!
MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views (queries) containing user-defined functions?! What's wrong? And how to work around this? Using the latest version of Microsoft Publisher and MS Access (2003 sp2 with all latest updates), I am trying to create physical asset labels, with a unique serial number on each label. And in Microsoft Publisher, when I go to "select data source" and select my MS Access database "20060117pst2301pmb primary.mdb" (which generates such serial numbers), I get a popup entitled "Select Table" which lists all its tab...

Outlook 2003 viewing problem
We are using Outlook 2003 from the Small Business Edition 2003 software, we have wireless router for our LAN and the modem connected to the router. We have 7 PCs in the Office. The problem is only on one computer, the user is receiving emails from people outside OK, but emails sent internally is another matter. Internal emails although they seem to be being received because the sound alert for new messages happens, but then the message doesn't display in any of the mail boxes. Also sending email from that PC to another internal PC on the LAN is not working. I have checked the ru...

Cannot view itme in Public Folder between 2 different exchange 2003
I have 2 Exchange 2003 on WIN2k server. Exchange 2003 (A) has 300 mailboxes and store the public folder. Exchange 2003 (B) has 100 mailboxes. User at Exchange 2003 (B) found that they can view the public folder but no items in it. User at Exchange 2003 (A) do not have this problem. Is the public folder must replicate to other server? Is any suggestion to view the item if no replication on public folder ?? Thanks Dennis JoJo These 2 servers in the same routing group. Exchange 2003 (A) is the Master Exchange 2003 (B) is the Member "omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wr...

Great Plains Invoice History view?
Has anyone built a view in MSCRM that will show Great Plains Invoice history? I would be willing to purchase one. Jake ...

viewing a user's email account
I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:20:02 -0700, Rossel1 <Rossel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a >possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet >what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? I really hope that the users' employment contract provides for this ...

How do I fix this so I can view my attachments?
I can't view my attachment. I found the following topic in help but it doesn't give me way to fix this so I can view my attachments? I anivirus protection I don't need this feature from outlook. Please advise I see a paperclip next to a message, but when I open it, the attachment is gone. You may have received a message that contains a level 1 e- mail security attachment file type. To prevent the inadvertent spread of viruses, Microsoft Outlook checks the file type of each attachment in a received message against the file types on the e-mail security attachment file type...

How do I find a value on a line?
I made a line graph of data to use as a calibration. I know the y value and I want to find the X value. Is there a way that I find find this specifically on the line without using a trendline formula or guessing by looking at the gridlines? The only way to find a specific value is to use the formula. Rgs, Bou If you can accept piece-wise linear interpolation, see Interactive Chart http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity s...

cannot view all of text in large cell, even though I have it to w.
I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. Hi +the limit is 1024 characters. You can extend this with manually inserting linebrekas using aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sydme wrote: > I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no > more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but > still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. ...

Is it possible to add a "View" button under the purchase order section?
Would be nice to have the abilty to allow someone to be able to view the purchase order as opposed to the given "new, delete, edit, or receive" buttons. This way someone who needed the information and did not have the appropriate security would not be able to delete or change the PO. I tried to CTL S the new, delete, edit and receive buttons, but that basically locks them out completely. Is this something that may be possible? You can make excel pivot table so any employee can view that worksheet from their terminal. This way you can define the fields you want to show as well ...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

How do I activate the trial exel 2003 program if it does't find c.
My Browser works good but the activation window does't find conection You need to talk to your ISP. Connection problems are in their domain. I have the free trial version. I have used it freely for a month. My SBC/Yahoo DSL connected fine, however at one time I was using Earthlink dial-up. That connection service was terrible. I live in a small town close to Detroit, and had to connect to the closest major city to go on-line. If you don't get good service, try another ISP. "Dolores Dueck" wrote: > My Browser works good but the activation window does't find c...

MFC get drive information
Dear all, How to get drive information of my computer? I want to get available driver letters and the corresponding disk space information. Thanks! Best Regards, Crystal Use GetLogicalDrives() to get drive informatio. Use GetDiskFreeSpace(... to get drive space. Sekhar Hyderabad. "Crystal" wrote: > Dear all, > > How to get drive information of my computer? > > I want to get available driver letters and the corresponding disk space > information. > > Thanks! > > Best Regards, > Crystal > > > > > You can use cha...

_CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC doesn't seem to work
I'm having problems tracking down a meory leak and thought the best way would be to follow the instructions in MDSN: "Detecting and Isolating Memory Leaks Using Microsoft Visual C++" However, I can only get the basic memory dump, without source file and line number. It's as if _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC is being ignored. I tried building a test application (basic MFC SDI application) to try it out. At the top of Leaktest.h, I have #define _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC #include <stdlib.h> #include <crtdbg.h> In CLeakTestApp::InitInstance(), I have _CrtSetDbgFlag( _CRTD...

IE8 'View Source' opens minimised
Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in IE8 it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar. It can be viewed when maximised ok. It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl. It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window. I am perplexed? Hi Bob, It is probably hidden from view behind the IE Window. Just move the IE Window down your screen to see the View Source window behind it. I have noticed the same issue since the last IE security update (last night my time)... It is a...

Conditional Formatting
Hi I need some help with conditional formatting. I'm trying to highlight those cells which have a plus sign in them. Can someone help with the formula to enter into the conditional formatting dialogue? Grateful for any assistance. Best Wishes Hi Colin if the Plus sign + is part of a text string Select the column range first then =FIND("+",A2:$A$160) change the range to your needs. If the + sign is alone in the cell, you don't need a formula, just select > Cell value is > then select Equal to> and type the plus sign in the third box. H...

Re-exporting functions from dynamically linked DLL
Hi, I have the following situation: I have a 3rd party DLL which does not include a LIB file, just a header file with typedef declarations for exported functions (It is intended for dynamic linking) I need to wrap the DLL to allow for callbacks to my own code (in Lisp), and to do this I need to load the DLL using LoadLibrary and access each function that I need using GetProcAddress. So for example: The third party header will say: typedef INT (WINAPI * lp_function)(); Then in my c wrapper file: #include "3rdparty.h" #ifdef _WIN32 #define DllExport __declspec(dllexport) #else #...

Default Case View
Could someone tell me how I can setup default views for cases for different users? I know how to change the default view for all users, however I want to make the view different for different users or groups (eg developers, support, etc...) can someone tell me how this can be done in CRM 3.0 please? Thanks, K2 What you are looking for is making the view private so that only certain users can see it. This is done by opening the view in customization and selecting sharing from the actions menu. By adding one or more teams, you'll make the view private to those selected. In other ...

Reverse Find and Replace ?
Hi, I'm wanting to Reverse find and replace a particular character in a Powershell string. e.g. reverse find "b" in "abcabc" and replace with "d" to give "abcadc". Could someone please advise how this could be achieved ? Thanks, Patrick Sorry - also should have stated that just the first instance of a particular character should be replaced. On Jan 8, 11:23=A0am, Patrick <prynh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm wanting to Reverse find and replace a particular character in a > Powershell string. =A0e.g. r...

Month view: scroll to see more?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange Hello-- At MIT we have recently migrated to Exchange, which seems to be a setback in myriad ways. Does anyone know how to scroll in calendar Month View to see all items on a single day? I need to stay in Month View but have the ability to see all items on each day. I don't want to move to day view. Thanks! ...

Cannot view vendor list on Business Portal
I try view the vendor list on purchasing center Page, but show this message "An error occurred while retrieving data from Microsoft Dynamics GP. Administrator, see the server log for more information" ...

Sorting records in the Report Design View
Currently, I use "Sorting and Grouping" tool in the Report Design View to create group headers so that I can group my data accordingly. However, I would like to know if I can apply a custom sort order. For example, the field name that I want to group is "Region". I have records of "East", "North", "South", and "West". Is there a way that I can order by "North", "South", "East", and "West" instead? If I use the "Sorting and Grouping" tool, it won't work because it only accepts a...

dll class constructor problem
I have a class in a dll that looks like: class __declspec(dllexport) MyClass { public: MyClass(void) ; ~MyClass(void) ; int x; };; in the implementation for the constructor, I have: MyClass::MyClass(void) : x(555) { } When I use the dll in the client application to create a MyClass instance, the instance variable x is not initialized; I have a huge value like -842150451. Did I do something wrong? "wanwan" <ericwan78@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1177618221.977457.144800@r30g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I have a class in a dll that looks like: > &g...