What's the deal with List View ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo Microsoft, please comment !

Hello all.

I have whis wierd problem with list view ignoring LVIF_STATE in
OnLvnGetdispinfo message handler. It is a custom drawn virtual list.

When the list is initially displayed, I'm not getting any LVIF_STATE
requests.for the items displayed,  only when I scroll the list I start
getting it, but list ignores it flat-out.

Also, how come I'm not getting any OnLvnSetdispinfo messages?

I've run into so many incosistencies when dealig with the virtual
custom drawn list that's quickly becoming the nightmare.

Here's the current bug list:

1. Keyboard selection bug: when using shift +  cursors, the list would
select wrong items. Fixed by overriding key down event and selecing
items myself.
2. Mouse selection bug: when clicking on one item, then pressing shift
and clicking on the second items, wrong items would get selected.
Fixed by overriding the mouse down event and again selecting items
myself.
3. Not receiving LVN_SETDISPINFO message. Workaround was to trap
LVN_ITEMCHANGED
4. in NM_CUSTOMDRAW handler, nmcd.uItemState bit 0 is always 1,
meaning the item is selected when it's not ?????
5. in NM_CUSTOMDRAW handler nmcd rect information is incorrect
6. list ignores the state of the item in the OnLvnGetdispinfo, which
is a pain in the ass if some of the items are selected and more items
are added to the list. Since I maintain the selection information, the
items are still drawn selected, but the list doesn't "know" they are
selected. Go figure.

items 1 and 2 were problematic only  in the  icon mode. Report mode
was working ok. 3,4, 5 and 6 are always there

6 is a real problem, since I have to sync the selection information I
maintain every time the items are added/removed from the list. With
large amount of items this might get noticable.

Can anyone comment or give some advice? I've switched from custom
CView to CListView and I'm beginning to think it might've been a
mistake. Btw, I've also tried MFC8 (ships with VS2005). but it behaves
the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
0
janitor1 (17)
11/27/2005 3:48:15 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Replacing values based on a set list
Hi Could anyone help me with this one: - I have an Excel workbook with two worksheets: sheet1 and sheet2. On sheet1, I have 2 columns of data:- Column 1 - CityID Column2 - CityName On sheet2, I have a list of 500 office locations, some of which are in the same city. Sheet2 has several columns, one of which is the city location of the office. I am trying to prepare the Excel sheet ready to import into Access and want to replace each instance of the city location listed on sheet2 with the CityID number from sheet1 where the city is matched. For example: - Sheet 1 CityID CityName 1...

Microsoft Survey
I just completed a survey from Microsoft Money and rated them very dissatisfied with errors and slowness of the program. I wonder if it will mean anything to them. ...

How do I add new symbols/pix to my bullet list?
Hello everyone! I am new to OneNote & I LOVE it... I am gradually learning all the features as I continue to use it for school + personal stuff. I cannot figure out how to add new bullets (symbols/pix/etc.) to my bullet list in onenote ~ it is driving me crazy! I want to have a completely new bullet on my bullet library list. Is there any way I can get one off of microsoft word or somewhere to permanently add to my bullet library on OneNote??? Please help! Or let me know if im even making sense.. I don't think it can be done. Only the default ones are available. Of cou...

Please help!!! Manually removal of Exchange 5.5!
I need to manually remove my old exchange 5.5 from the AD and my e2k, but I am not sure how much to delete! Is it just the server or is it anything else? I have tried every thing I could fined on the Microsoft web! Well, it's a big task. I guess you have the Exchange 2003 server in place in your org. You need to remove the registry keys as well as edit the ADSI to remove the Exchange 2000. You better read the docs. Search the MS site for Manually removing Exchange articles. Cheers ! Ruwan Dissanayake >-----Original Message----- >I need to manually remove my old exchang...

Converting Distribution List to Mailbox
Quick question: I have a distribution list that a user wants to convert to a mailbox. Is deleting the distribution list with all its members/e-mail addresses, then recreating it as a mailbox the easiest way to get this done? Thanks in advance, Vik Sorry I forgot to add we're using Exchange Enterprise 2K3 with Windows 2003 Server standard. "Vik" wrote: > Quick question: > > I have a distribution list that a user wants to convert to a mailbox. Is > deleting the distribution list with all its members/e-mail addresses, then > recreating it as a mail...

microsoft office setup assistant
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) after I install the office home and student edition I can not run my office.When I open my office, the microsoft setup assiatant always appear and ask me for update. Even after update and I try to open my office but this appear again. Please help me.... On 4/6/09 7:30 PM, "zenny_pham@officeformac.com" <zenny_pham@officeformac.com> wrote: > after I install the office home and student edition I can not run my > office.When I open my office, the microsoft setup assiatant always appear and > ask me for update. &l...

Custom View Question Please
Outlook 2003. I'm sure I can probably do this but I am not sure how. I would like to make a default custom view that has a monthly calendar in the large pane on the right and on the left the folder view that you get by pushing the "Mail" button (Favorite folders on top and All Mail Folders under that). How would I do this done please? -- Thanks in advance... Bob You can't have mail in the navigation pane and the calendar in the middle. Sometimes the navigation pane won't change to the calendar until after you select a specific date, but that's a fluke, not typ...

Unable to view Public Folders from Outlook Calendar
I'm running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I created a public folder named "Trades Shows" as a calendar. I can view "Trades Shows" from the calendar list view under Mail, but I'm unable to open the calendar from the calendar tab by choosing "Open a Shared Calendar". When I choose to view Public Folders from the dropdown no public folders are listed. I have 10 public folders and none of them are listed in the dropdown selection list. Any idea why this would be the case? I think it will be if you add it to your "favorites"... -- Su...

Ooh .. Linking a list to a list to an output cell
I have a single cell in which i enter the price of a home. Elsewhere, I have two columns of ten items each: one column is formulated to give relative prices based on the price entered in the single cell, and the column adjacent to this column describes these numbers in nominal terms (i.e. ten items in increments of five percent: "25% more" .. " 0% change" .. "25% less"). Further along, I have a list box created which uses the nominal column at the Source for the list. I would like to have a cell adjacent to the list box cell which will give the price b...

Exchange calendar shows up under Exchange account in folder list but not when I hit calendar button
I'm running Entourage 2008 on a Mac 10.6.3. I had to delete my Exchange account and re-sync everything from scratch (because Entourage's awesome "database rebuild utility" deleted half my stuff and I didn't want it to propagate up to the server and delete it there). Previously, when I added an Exchange account, I would see all of its folders (including contacts and calendar) on the vertical pane on the left, and when I click the contacts or calendar icon at the very top left of the window, I'd get a full-window version of the calendar or contacts list. Oddly...

Print Line Level SOP comment lines in SmartList
This is a documented bug it seems, looking at the support files. However, this was reported first in V7 and it appears the prroblem still exisits in V9. It would be nice to have this fixed. Thanks and regards. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

Drop Down List Questions
Hi, I have a couple of problems with drop down lists I was hoping to get some help on: 1) The drop down lists appear with the list displayed in the middle of the list instead on the first item, can that be changed so the list appears at the top of the list instead of in the middle? 2) Two of the columns are an item name (A) followed by the item number (B). Is it possible to have the item number in column B enter automaticly based on the name I select in column A? Thanks in advance, Tagg Hi for the second question you may use VLOOKUP. See: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlooku...

"Outlook cannot correctly save the view" ...
Outlook 2000 / Exchange 2003 Outlook v2000 will give an error when just scrolling through the Inbox: "Outlook cannot correctly save the view. Any changes you made to the view may be lost." Then when you try to open a message you get "Outlook is unable to view the object". The only way around it is to shut down Outlook and restart. When you get back into Outlook, any customization (colors, fonts, preview settings) the user had to their inbox is gone. Anybody seen this? Suggestions? Thank you. KJS wrote: > Outlook 2000 / Exchange 2003 > > Outlook v200...

Microsoft Outlook #6
How do you forward all office email from your office to your home computer using Microsoft Outlook XP? ...

Please Help
i put vba textbox in word 2002, i exit design mode and saved BUT.. every time i open it up it opens up in design mode!!!!! what can i do to make the file open not in design mode??? i thought off writing in document_open : close the design mode, but i dont know the code line. all answers will do.. thenxs I bet you'd get better answers in an MSWord newsgroup (as opposed to an Excel newsgroup). DirectD@gmail.com wrote: > > i put vba textbox in word 2002, i exit design mode and saved BUT.. > every time i open it up it opens up in design mode!!!!! > > what can i do to mak...

Excel Help Please quick question
i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell says a certain thing. eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change to "yes" Is this possible Thanks In Cell D6 put this formula =3DIF(D6=3D"blue","yes","") On Nov 15, 7:13=A0pm, Tom Jacques <Tom Jacq...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell sa= ys a > certain thing. > > eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change t...

Outlook 2007 doesn't show entire message!! HELP please!
I have been searching for a probmlem i have with Outlook 2007. I am recieving emails fine, but what i noticed the other day, is that when i open the message with my PC, only part of the mesage is shown, the part that is from the sender, but when it includes a forwarded text, it will not show!! this is a huge problem.. once i missed an important notice because of this. But this problem does not occur when i open the mail with Mac. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'...

"Not in list" event code
Hello everyone: I'm having problems with the below code for adding combo box input if input is not' in the list. What are the variables here that I must change the names of, etc...? I've tried a couple things but was not successful. Thank you! ********Code Start****************** Option Compare Database Private Sub Combo54_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strMsg As String strMsg = "'" & NewData & "' is not an available Document Number Name " & vbCrLf & vbC...

Microsoft CRM Hotfix KB870635 installation failed
I tried to "Import -> Lead" and had CRM error message: "ActiveX control did not download properly" and "Import cannot be completed". I tried todo everything from �An update is available to correct problems of Microsoft Business Solutions CRM working on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2� -http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=870635 I tried to install CRM1.2-KB870635-Client-ENG.exe and CRM1.2-KB870635-Client-ENU.exe but did not succeeded I have the following error messages all the time: 1. The data is invalid. (MsgBox title was "Microso...

displaying trnsparent backgroung image in list control
I am displaying image on background in my list control i am using SetbkImage(); but area where rows and columns are inserted in list image is not displayed there it gets displayed only in area which is empty can it be displayed in whole area of listcontrol wether there is any data or not means can it be transparent pls help in OnInitDialog() where i am inserting coloumns i write the following code // Insert Background Image into the ListControl LVBKIMAGE bki; if (m_ctrlListNews.GetBkImage(&bki) && (bki.ulFlags ==LVBKIF_SOURCE_NONE)) { m_ctrlListNews.SetBkImage(TEXT("C:\\c...

Microsoft CRM Test Environment
Hi, I was wondering whether it is possible to do form/view/preview pane customizations etc on the Adventure Works Cycle installation and then afterwards deploy these in a live environment? In other words, can you use this as a test environment. From the documentation one would say 'yes' as it it says that the XML file does not contain any user (active directory) information. It only gives information about form customizations, views, preview panes, templates, ISV.config settings etc. Am I wrong? Thanks Michiel Yes, you can Export/Import customizations to systems that use a differe...

addressbook/contact list
Do i need a hotmail account in order to see who is in my contact list?? Also after entering a name onto the list when i hit the contacts icon it shows as no contacts on list. \this is so different from outlook express. \how so \i access my contacts and where are all the names hiding ??? HELP PLEASE. If you have a Hotmail account, and your contact list exists on the Hotmail web site, then you need to "sign in" to WLM with your LiveID to access that (as well as your calendar). If you don't sign-in, you'll only be able to see your "local" (on your har...

microsoft bootstrapper has stopped cant download office
I tried to download new office professional 2007 but the computer keeps coming up microsoft bootstrapper has stopped working and microsoft hasnt come up with an answer yet ...

excel file cannot be viewed
i used access to export a table to another excel file. but the excel file cannot be viewed by just double-clicking its icon. however, it can be viewed by opening it from excel itself. why is it so? please help me. any help is very much appreciated. thank you in advance Try this: <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And *uncheck* "Ignore Other Applications". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "FooYC" <FooYC@discus...

Smartlist Builder View Security
I have a poweruser who builds Smartlist reports but she does not have access to SQL. When she creates a new report using an existing View, the user always gets a blank Smartlist report (exploring...completed... no records). We followed the advice to mark all tables and views in SmartList builder security but that never seems to do the trick. I am running grant.sql on all our companies now. Does she have to come to me to run the script every time she has a new report? Why doesn't the Smartlist Security option add DYNGRP to the view security? thanks Because Smartlis...