What happened to the functionality of the ObjModel header files?

I'm porting a MFC application from MSVC 6.0 to MSVC 7.1.  In our older
version, our code makes use of several header files from the ObjModel
directory.  These directories have been eliminated in the 7.1 version.  Where
can we find the functionality that was part of these files?
0
R_Bohning (1)
3/22/2006 1:56:05 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

how do I open files from other versions in Publisher 98?
I have Publisher 98, and am trying to open a Publisher file emailed to me from someone else. I don't know what version they have, but I would guess it's from Windows ME, because I know they don't have XP. And when I try to open it in my Publisher, it says, "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". Is there any update or anything I can download to fix this, or do I have to buy a different version, or is there a way the other person could save their file so that I could open it? Thanks very much. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look...

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

Proper Function
Hi, I have about 20 columns in an Excel spreadsheet that contain name, address, etc. in various forms of capitalization. I believe I can use the proper fucntion to capitalize the first letter of each work and make all other letters lowercase. My question is how do I do this for a series of columns, or selected columns all at one time. I see to be getting an error message related to a circular pattern or something like that Any help is much appreciated Thanks Bill If Columns A through T are the columns you want to change, then you nee U1 to say: =proper(a1) Drag that column to t...

OLook Locks up when attempting to delete large file in out box.
Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice it was so large until after a few days of OL being extremely slow and using up my CPU at 100%. How can I delete this file? I have tried going to the outbox and selecting delete, but it will not delete. Can find the location of the data, but not the file that needs to be deleted. Try the easy fix: Select File, Work Offline, Delete the messages "SNR" wrote: > Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice > it was so large until after a few days of OL being ext...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

Temp file plague
For some reason my XL2000 if saving reams of temp files (X.TMP) in the folder where I open a worksheet. I haven't intentionally set (or re-set) any preferences for that. Does anyone know what's up here? ...

saving file from asp.net
Hi all, I dynamically generate Word Documents from my web application using XmlDocument object and need to save them on a mapped network drive. I use the Save method of XmlDocument object to save documents. Ican save them successfully on local drive on web server. But when I try to save them on a mapped network drive, I get permission denied errors. I made sure that ASPNET had full access right in the folder where I need to save documents. I also tried using UNC path, but that also does not work. Can someone please point to what I may be doing wrong and explain the whole setup proces...

"files based on content, not file extension" option issue
Hi, I met a strange question. When I disable "files based on content, not file extension" option in IE browser (IE -->Tools Options-->Security-->Internet zone-->Custom level --> "files based on content, not file extension" disable). When I used IE to access ftp://ftp.microsoft.com via. proxy, such as: ccproxy..etc. IE browser shows HTML source code instead of normal html webpage. Could you take a look? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well...

creating a function for dividing two columns
I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of batting averages. I have at bats in column b, hits in column c with the results in column d. I cant get the function right so it will display the correct result. use this =SUM(C1/B1) in cell D1. Format D1 as a number with 3 decimal places. Steve Hubbard "cflan" <cflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212BF952-55B9-45DF-BC8C-E8B670FA6010@microsoft.com... > I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of > batting averages. I have at bats in column b,...

what causes the recently used file list option to be unavailable .
Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct this ? John You don't say which version so try searching the knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx With a search string of MRU Disabled in Excel -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "JohnPrice" <JohnPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECA43906-EC33-4B92-8580-39923E449B9C@microsoft.com... > Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct > this ? Hi! So...

Multiple AND OR functions
Is it possible to make this function work? =IF(AND(AND($B9="Z",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M",J9="C")),1000,IF(AND(AND($B9="A+",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M",J9="C")),750)) I need to find out if Cell B9 = Z and if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then check cell J9 and check if it equals 1, M or C then return the value as 1000. (that bit works OK) I also want it to check if an alternative statement is true if the first is false whereby it checks the the same set of cells but this time, check if B9 =A+, if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then...

convert files
how do I import and sort files from First Choice in ASCII form into excel and fix into columns? -- helpoldlady ...

cannot filter excel files in "files of type"
I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter based on Excel files in "Files of type". Excel is the listed but other like Word are. The entire Office 2003 suite is installed on the PC and I tried reinstalling to no avail. Also, Customize is grayed-out under the tools menu in Outlook\new mail message. Please help me out. thanks. Sorry, I mean to say Excel is NOT listed under "Files of Type" "wli2k2" wrote: > I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter > based on Excel files in "Files ...

how do i open a publisher file created in new version?
I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a download program I can get to translate these files? "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD8AEDC-8386-4E7B-9D12-DAF429B171A2@microsoft.com... >I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. > I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a > download program I can get to translate these files? There is not a download to tra...

What is the _T() Function for?
What is the _T() function? How do you use it? What needs to be included to allow use of it? Thanks a million. Oops, forgot. It is defined in tchar.h, which is implicitly included in all MFC compilations. joe On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 21:29:00 GMT, "CLEAVEAGE" <iamcleaver@shaw.ca> wrote: >What is the _T() function? How do you use it? What needs to be included to >allow use of it? >Thanks a million. > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Help!!Getting audio files to play continuously during slide show?!
I have Powerpoint 2002, and i am having a hard time getting the music file to play continuously during the slide show. it plays on the first slide (which is the only slide that has the little speaker picture on it), but then it doesn't transition to the next slide until after the song is done, when i want the song to play while the slides are transitioning. HELP please! Mega, Have a look here and see if it helps, there are tuturials in video demonstrating the process. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "MegaB86" <MegaB86...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

emailing Outlook contact files
Help, Why am I unable to export my contacts & then attach the ..pst file in an email? I want to use my 97 Outlook contacts on my 200 Outlook on my home machine. Thanks! Export the contacts. then shut down Outlook and reopen. Then try sending the .pst file home. Also, make sure the file size is acceptable to your ISP who usually put a limit of 2-5 mbs for attachments. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg <greg@mrcifoundation.info> asked: | Help, | | Why am...

Programmatically listing Relationships of ADP file
I'm fairly new to access and would like to get a listing of the relationships in the ADP file. How would I go about doing that programmatically? I haven't the first idea of where to start. I did find something that said to loop through the relationships collection, but I can't seem to find it. FWIW, I'm fairly fluent in Excel VBA. Thanks, Barb Reinhardt On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:30:01 -0700, Barb Reinhardt <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: A good start would be to open a VBA window, click the Help button, and look for Relationships...

File Name Length
Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office 2004? Thanks. In article <19bee01c41cec$47393e90$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "JM" <doubledawg9498@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office > 2004? Thanks. FIrst, you *can* have filenames longer than 31 characters in Office v.X already - you just can't generate them. While v.X apps display a hash at the end of a long filename, it keeps the filename intact when you save. MS hasn't announced anything regarding long file names in 2004 ye...

Desktop shortcut opens app but will not open file
When one of my users clicks on a desktop shortcut (MS Excel), the program opens but the file will not. The user can open the file directly by going into Excel and clicking open , file, etc. Thanks, Glen This are the usual things to fix this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space be...

link to specific sheet in excel file which contains points and spaces
I am trying to make a link in Acces to an Excel file. This excel file contains several sheet with different names. My form in Access has a field that corresponds to the name of the excel sheets (Formname in script). When the name in the form contains points or spaces my link to the sheet with the same name does not work. I tried to put brackets [] on either side of the name, but then linking does not work at all. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Code (works when Formname.Value does not contain spaces or points etc): Private Sub CommandActionRegister3_Click() Dim Locatio...

CSV formatted text file to Excel
Hi all, I am writing a small VC++ application of how to import the CSV formatted ..txt file to excel. I am facing problem while parsing the text file. "TicketNo","CarNo","PersonAge" 12534 , 763534 , 23 12345 , 624333, 24 The problem is in MFC there is a SetValue2(CoeVariant:column data) method in which if i will pass an array(12534) then it will be imported to excel.For example IfI will search for the "employee number" field in text file then the values passed to SetValue2()should be 12543 and 12345.But Using C++ I cannot do so as I...

deleted pst file still appears
Outlook XP, SP-2. I moved my .pst file to another drive by copying it, adding the copy to Outlook, and making the new one the default for my email account. OK so far. Then I removed the original data file and restarted Outlook. The "Personal Folders" for that file still appears. I deleted the actual file to see if Outlook would realize it wasn't there. The "Personal Folders" for that file still appears. When i try to close the obsolete item from the folder list pane, I get a "The operation failed. "An object cannot be found" dialog. Mail...

Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files
I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. I work on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of the formatting is lost. I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp. I wouldn't lose all of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a compatibility issue. ...