What does this warning mean?

I have a modeless dialog box class, objects of which I
display and hide as my application does things. It just
shows a status message.

Every time I destroy one of these objects, I get the
following two warnings.

MyApp: Warning: calling DestroyWindow in
CDialog::~CDialog --
MyApp: OnDestroy or PostNcDestroy in derived class will
not be called.

I assume this means I'm doing something that is dangerous
but there doesn't seem to be any problem with the
application.

Do I need to worry about this and how do I fix it or
otherwise get rid of the warnings?

--- Al.

0
anonymous (74722)
12/15/2003 3:44:44 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfcnotes_tn017.asp
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
12/15/2003 3:57:06 PM
>> MyApp: Warning: calling DestroyWindow in
>> CDialog::~CDialog --
>> MyApp: OnDestroy or PostNcDestroy in derived class will
>> not be called.

url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfcnotes_tn017.asp
>--
>Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

Thanks Jeff, I've now implemented a destructor in my
dialog class and I call DestroyWindow() from that. It
seems to do the trick.

--- Al.

0
anonymous (74722)

MTA Warnings
Hi We are currently running a lab pilot of our proposed migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We currently have an Exchange 5.5 server connected to an Exchange 2003 server and Windows 2003 AD using the default Config, User and Public Folder Connection Agreements created by the Exchange 2003 ADC Wizard. The endpoints for these are currently the Exchange 2003 box and the Windows 2003 Domain Controller, with Exchange SRS keeping the Ex5.5 box up to date. When running a full public folder replication, we get the following Warnings logged in the Event Log for just about every pub...

running kompozer gives annoying warning
Vista HP complains that kompozer 7.10 does not have a valid signature. How does one give a program a valid signature? Charles The file is corrupted. -- .. -- "charles cashion" <cmcnuz@dunjas.com> wrote in message news:hl2gjs$3hb$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Vista HP complains that kompozer 7.10 does not have a valid signature. > How does one give a program a valid signature? > Charles On 12/02/2010 14:06, charles cashion wrote: > Vista HP complains that kompozer 7.10 does not have a valid signature. > How does one give a program a vali...

Worksheets stutas meaning
Hi All, Does any body have a translation for the Worksheets stutas:- Compelet with error (Red worksheet) Compelet with warning (Pink Worksheet) some times the worksheet comeleted at store and the other gives error or warning, in case of transfers Worsheets, a store issue out the Qtys and the other store does not receive the transfer on the system, and gives in the HQ error or warning. Is there any other idea to aviod perform that transfer again? What those are mean, when error or warning happens, and why? I hope Microsoft add a decriptive error or wraning to let the user know what hap...

how do i get a warning for repeated numbers #2
I am working with a spreedsheet incorporating invoice numbers. How do I create a warning when i repeat an invoice number I like to use conditional formatting when it's convenient: If you have invoice numbers starting in Cell A3, try conditional formatting from A3 through as far down column A as necessary with this: Formula is: =COUNTIF(A$3:A3,A3)>1 Format: Pattern: Bright Red Using that, the first entry of an invoice number is ignored, but all subsequent duplicates are flagged. Does that help? Regards, Ron "Kenya" wrote: > I am working with a spreedsheet incorpor...

What does _v0000 mean on the name box?
I am working with vb application that goes through excel worksheets which have pictures in it. The pictures that were addressable have 'Picture 1' in the Name box and my code could access them because Worksheet(1).Pictures.Count returns a non zero value. For those pictures that when clicked shows a label in the Name box as '_v0000' , the expression Worksheet(2).Pictures.Count returns a 0, which means that it is not recognizing that as a picture. Is there any other object or collection other than Pictures that those identified with _v0000 pertain to? Thanks ! "Sha...

Integrity Check /G : Warnings, Are they harmless?
Are most or ALL warnings logged after an integrity check (eseutil /G) harmless if there are no Errors and the message "Integrity check succeeded" is logged? Is it safe to ignore the warnings and just proceed to use the databases? Thanks, Tammy On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:37:12 -0700, "tammy" <tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are most or ALL warnings logged after an integrity check (eseutil /G) >harmless if there are no Errors and the message "Integrity check succeeded" >is logged? > >Is it safe to ignore the warnings and just procee...

What does ! mean in the formula?
What does the ! mean before a cell when transferring the cell contents to a different page? If it's in a string, it means it's a point of emphasis: =if(a1=1,"Get too work!","Please, continue to work.") if you see it a reference, it's excel's delimiter to separate the sheetname from the address: =sheet1!a1 or ='this is sheet 1"!a1 The formulas return the value from that sheet in cell A1. Juanita wrote: > > What does the ! mean before a cell when transferring the cell contents to a > different page? -- Dave Peterson ...

out of stock warning needs improvement
When picking up a Work Order containing items RMS thinks are out of stock, it will display a warning. The warning does not specify what item(s), it just says something like "This item is out of stock. Would you like to continue?" It would be more helpful if the warning specified what items are out of stock. That way one could check into the matter -- it could simply be that a PO was not yet received but that an item was taken out of the box for the customer. Alternately, it could indicate a wrong inventory quantity. Note: this issue does not apply to standard transactions (whe...

WARNING
Hi all I was an idiot to write my mail adress in the Sender's Name box. Since I did that I have recieved several mails with an attached virus-infected mail. Perhaps Microsoft should write a warning about this danger - allthough one ought to be able to appreciate this risk. Poul, dk they already did. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: POUL <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Hi all | I was an idiot to write my mail adress in the Sender's | Name ...

Delete Sheet without warning message (no VBA)
As you know, when you do Edit | Delete Sheet, Excel pops up a warning that the sheet "may contain data" (doesn't it know? :-) and do you really want to delete it. I've been doing an iterative process of testing a program that inserts its results on a new sheet in the active workbook. Then I delete the sheet, change a parameter, and run the sheet again. I'd like to suppress the warning. I know how to do it in VBA, but is there any Excel option that will suppress that warning through the GUI? -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA ...

Macro warning window
I have a worksheet that used to have macros, and I'd get that warning every time I opened the worksheet saying it could contain viruses and whether to enable or disable the macros. I have since removed all macros from that worksheet, and I have no other macros as standard but am still getting the warning. How do I make it go away? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Beema" <none@supplied.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ei2gr$I2EHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet that used to have m...

=AND($B$12<>"",$B$12<TODAY()+60) What does the <> mean in this?
Formula above has <> and then the double quotes. In the context of the cell B12, what does the <> mean and does the Double Quotes mean, the current cell of B13 will be "nothing" in the cell? Just a little confused, haven't run across this formula, yet. <> means not equal to "" means blank (or empty) B12<>"" means B12 is not equal to blank (or empty) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Cbeckwith" <Cbeckwith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4845E5E7-CE55-4274-BF2A-55338AB19A34@microsoft.com...

Warning: skipping non-radio button in group
Hi Al i built an mfc application the basic dialog include two radio buttons three Buttons and some picture when im running my application under debug mode i gor the following message "Warning: skipping non-radio button in group" how can i fix this problem and what the reason that its show up? Thank Gabi Gabi wrote: > Hi All > i built an mfc application. > the basic dialog include two radio buttons three Buttons and some picture. > when im running my application under debug mode i gor the following message: > "Warning: skipping non-radio button in group". &...

How do I find root mean square of a periodic data in Excel

Inventory Warning Msg
We recently converted from SBF..the old system wouldn't let you enter a part number if it wasn't already in inventory without a "want to add??" prompt..Is there a setup switch somewhere in GP 10 to restore this warning message?? Thanks, Dick at VPI Yes, but you have to install a chunk file (available from MS at no charge) to enable the functionality. Check with your GP partner. They can get the file for you. It's called 'AddItem.cnk'. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www...

Attachment Security warning #3
Couldn't find a similar post after searching so here goes... Whenever I click on an attachment (.lnk, .htm, .html, etc.) I get an attachment security warning prompting me to either "Save to Disk" or "Cancel" It's not even the normal radio button prompt with the check box to remember my choice. Does anyone know of a reg workaround so I can open my attachments without cluttering my desktop with links and shortcuts?? Thank you! Stephanie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Couldn't find a similar post after searching so here > go...

Link Warning
Hi All, any ideas how I can make LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to "ole32.dll" discarded by /OPT:REF go away? Cheers, Rob Are you linking with ole32.lib? If so, it sounds like there's no need. "Rob" <a@b> wrote in message news:#KmV6isnDHA.3688@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > any ideas how I can make > LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to "ole32.dll" discarded by /OPT:REF > > go away? > > Cheers, > > Rob > > Hi David, thanks for the reply, I cannot see it anywhere on the Link tab of the p...

WARNING : KB977165 Can/May/Will Cause BSODs for Some Windows XP Users
New Patches Cause BSoD for Some Windows XP Users http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/2010/02/new-patches-cause-bsod-for-some-windows-xp-users/ BLUE SCREEN, UNABLE TO BOOT AFTER WINDOWS XP UPDATE TODAY http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/73cea559-ebbd-4274-96bc-e292b69f2fd1/ A workaround to remove KB977165 and a method to mitigate the vulnerability this update addresses has been posted in the above Windows Update forum by Kevin Hau of Microsoft: " Hello Everyone, I wanted to thank everyone for the great information and discusion in this thread! ...

What does 'You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method' mean???
I've got the following code. But the XSLTransform line is underlined by the blue squiggle and vs tells me c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Sites\RiderDesign\articles\test.aspx.vb(37): 'Public Sub Transform(input As System.Xml.XPath.IXPathNavigable, args As System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList, output As System.IO.Stream)' is obsolete: 'You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method' What the heck does this mean? Thanks... Dim XMLDoc As New XmlDocument XMLDoc.Load(Server.MapPath("files/since1968_interview_zeldman.xml")) Dim XSLTrans As New Xsl.XslTransform XSLTrans.Load(Server.M...

any ideas what this means in the receive logs ?
Inbound Negotiate failed because of LogonDenied 454 4.7.0 Temporary authentication failure, another company can receive mail from us but not send, its failing with the above be most grateful at any ideas! mark Hi 4.7.0 means TLS handshake failed. it seems that you force all inbound connection to be encrypted. you should have a look into the online docu how to set the default Receive connector on a Hub Transport or Edge Transport server to receive e-mail directly from the Internet Henry "luna" wrote: > Inbound Negotiate failed because of LogonDenied > 454 4.7.0 Tempo...

Disabling some MS Excel warnings.
I have a .xls file that presents a graph from an external .csv file. I have it set to refresh the external data automatically on reopening the .xls file. It works fine for the most part but Excel gives me two warnings everytime I use the file that annoy me: 1. Upon opening the .xls file, Excel gives me a warning about how automatic refreshes can be malicious and forces me to select whether to enable them or not. 2. Upon exiting, Excel prompts me with a save dialog. It is true that the data changes (I have it set to clear the external data on close so the .xls file takes up less space)...

Is there a feature in Money to warn me about a due date of a bill?
In the past versions of Money it was possible to set an alert that ran next to the window clock (tray) that shown to me that a bill was a couple of days under to its due date, so every day I had the information when I should pay a bill. In money 2006 I am not finding this feature. I saw the Alters in 2006 show me about the balance in my account, or investments or columnists content from the newsletter, but I would just to aware of the due date of bills It seems not to be working in this version of money, even in 2004 and 2005, I think that I don´t know where it is now or it was cut...

How to chart a bell curve with x, mean, standard deviation, cumula
Trying to chart a bell curve in Excel to help my wife with a statistics course required for a BSN in nursing. Here is the problem: Using excel, the values would be x=5.5, mean=1.88, standard deviation=1.20, cum.=true. The answer is 0.9987 which equals 99.87%. Now I need to know how to graph it. I have the formula =NORMDIST(B2,$F$1,$H$1,TRUE) using X in B2, the mean in F1 and the standard deviation in H1. I need step by step instructions. Thanks ahead of time for any help. kujhac - (1) If you do a web search for "Excel normal curve" or "excel bell curve...

Does changing a user's default Internet address mean you should uncheck "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on the recipient policy"?
Hello, We have a lot of users with multiple family names, e.g., John Smith- Doe. The Internet address generated by the standard recipient policy is very often not what they want, e.g., they want john.smith@company com or john.doe@company.com but not john.smith-doe@company.com. When that happens, we just manually edit the Internet address in ADUC. My question is: if we change the address generated by the default recipient policy, is it best-practice to then also uncheck the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on the recipient policy" option box? If we leave it...

Warning note in excrll 2000
Hi to All I have in Excel 2000 (office 2000 Pro) hyperlinks to WordPad files & mp3 files, all of them in the same computer. When I click on link to WordPad file - it open with out hesitation. If I click on link to mp3 file at first I'm getting a warning about posible viruses. How to avoid this annoying question. All files are scanned & safe. Any input?? Please Ursus Uziembl -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://snurl.com/2uq3 for a registry entry to achieve this. AFAIK there is no build in option to suppress this warning -- Regards Frank Kab...