Warnings when using 2 dimensional vector

I've been using a one dimensional vector (unsigned char) without no
problems.
But now I've needed to change the implementation and use in some
places a two dimensional vector (unsigned char too) instead a single
dimensional vector.

This new changes works fine, but at compiling time I got some weird
warnings (posted below).
I've looking for this warning (C4786), and people usually ignore it
using a #pragma, but I'm not comfortable hidding them...

c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include
\vector(60) : warning C4786:
'std::reverse_iterator<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > const *,std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> >,std::vector<u
nsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > const
&,std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > const
*,int>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug
information
        c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include
\vector(58) : while compiling class-template member function
'__thiscall std::vector<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned ch
ar,std::allocator<unsigned char> > >
>::~std::vector<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned
char> >,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > > >(void)'
c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include
\vector(60) : warning C4786:
'std::reverse_iterator<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > *,std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> >,std::vector<unsigne
d char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > &,std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > *,int>' : identifier was
truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
        c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include
\vector(58) : while compiling class-template member function
'__thiscall std::vector<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned ch
ar,std::allocator<unsigned char> > >
>::~std::vector<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned
char> >,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > > >(void)'
MyAppDlg.cpp
c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include
\vector(39) : warning C4786:
'std::reverse_iterator<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > const *,std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> >,std::vector<u
nsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > const
&,std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > const
*,int>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug
information
        c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include
\vector(39) : while compiling class-template member function
'__thiscall std::vector<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned ch
ar,std::allocator<unsigned char> > >
>::std::vector<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned
char> > > >(const std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<
unsigned char> > > &)'
c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include
\vector(39) : warning C4786:
'std::reverse_iterator<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > *,std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> >,std::vector<unsigne
d char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > &,std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char> > *,int>' : identifier was
truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
        c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include
\vector(39) : while compiling class-template member function
'__thiscall std::vector<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned ch
ar,std::allocator<unsigned char> > >
>::std::vector<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned
char> > > >(const std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<
unsigned char> > > &)'
Generating Code...
c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include
\vector(39) : warning C4786: 'std::vector<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned
char> > > >::vector<std:
:vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned
char> > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the
debug information
c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include
\vector(60) : warning C4786: 'std::vector<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned
char> > > >::~vector<std
::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned
char> > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the
debug information
c:\archivos de programa\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include
\vector(60) : warning C4786: 'std::vector<std::vector<unsigned
char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned
char> > > >::~vector<std
::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned char>
>,std::allocator<std::vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned
char> > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the
debug information
0
clinisbut (95)
3/6/2008 9:49:18 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"clinisbut" <clinisbut@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> This new changes works fine, but at compiling time I got some weird
> warnings (posted below).
> I've looking for this warning (C4786), and people usually ignore it
> using a #pragma, but I'm not comfortable hidding them...

I think you are compiling with Visual C++ 6, in fact I recall this warning
when using STL classes with VC6.
(IIRC, if you use STLport implementation of STL, you will not have this
warning with VC6, because I think STLport automatically disable it).
I think you can ignore it.

Giovanni

> I think you are compiling with Visual C++ 6, in fact I recall this warning
> when using STL classes with VC6.
Yes you're right, I'm using vc6.

> (IIRC, if you use STLport implementation of STL, you will not have this
> warning with VC6, because I think STLport automatically disable it).
> I think you can ignore it.
>
> Giovanni

It's a vc6 thing then... ok
0
clinisbut (95)

SubForm using as resource a pass through from SQL Server 2000
Using: mdb Access 2002+ and SQL Server 2000 I want a subform with data from a pass through. I get the error about pass throughs don't work for subforms. So I tried a listbox as a subform which sorta works. The listbox data doesn't change when the main form changes. My problem is I need a subform or listbox that will change as the main form changes using a pass through for the information. I really don't want to create tables because of security purposes. Any ideas? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

MSDN Installation 1.2: Javascript Errors
I have installed a CRM Server and separate CRM client (along with the supplied example database). Access through IE6 works fine. Within Sales for outlook, I have 2 issues; 1> It takes 1.5 minutes to start up Outlook (it's only a 1Ghz machine, but CPU usage appears as 1-2% while it is loading). 2> I get various script errors when clicking on the CRM Shortcuts; Errors include messages such as... 'http//crmsvr/sfa/home_comps.aspx - object does not support this property or method' IE script error 'Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101' For testing, ...

Forwarding Using Mail Enabled Users
Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a mailbox? In news:eRPSivG0FHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Steve Fukumoto <steve.fukumoto@necsam.com> typed: > Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient > using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a > contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a > mailbox? A mail-enabled user has an external...

USB2 2.5 external backup
After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which external drive to buy. I am converting to USB 2.0 but on seeing a number of sales sites often 2.5 drive is shown as laptop and 3.5 as desktop. As I have very little backup 40 GB would give me ample space. I have a desktop unit but would prefer a 2.5 would this be compatible with desktop setup. Regards Roger ========================================= ============================== Roger wrote: > After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which > external drive to buy. I a...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 error #2
I have not been able to keep Outlook up on our server, it closes soon after it is opened with this error that I cannot understand. It says: Exception: access violation (0xc0000005) Address: 0x3f99a142 What does it mean and how can I fix it? Does anyone have any idea? Thank you! ...

Use the same name on multiple sheets in same workbook
I am new to Excel 2002. In prior versions I could create sheet specific names easily. With Excel 2002 every time I try to re use a name on another sheet (same workbook) the name gets moved to the new sheet. I use several workbooks (one book for sales, one for cost of goods, etc), with 12 sheets named for each month of the year. Each sheet is a duplicate of the first. As the year progresses I fill in the data at the end of each month. In the past I used the same names(Gross.Sales for example) on each sheet in the workbook. I then can build monthly summary reports using these names...

Multiple users #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed a home/student version of Office. My wife installed the same and unfortunately used the same of the three product codes. Every time she uses this I get kicked off. I uninstalled Office and re-installed with the idea of entering a different product code, but it never asked for a product key code. The program is fully working, except when my wife starts using hers and I get kicked off again. How do I fix this? See step #4 here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey -- HTH |:>) Bo...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

Managed Client Updates warning (Message #9046 missing)
Hello all, I've started using Managed Client updates at customer sites and keep coming up with a small issue when using it. All I'm doing is publishing a CNK file to be installed on the client machines. After they choose their company, they are prompted to install the update, no problems there. After they select Yes, they get the error Message #9046 missing. After clicking OK and restarting Great Plains all is well. I've seen another post in this community where they had a similar issue but with a different Message #. The number was still below #22000 so it seems t...

Banks #2
I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay through M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high balance or combined accounts. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F89443FF-1B73-4F22-A029-488DCE4701FF@microsoft.com... >I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better > option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay > through > M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high ...

Error Handler #2
Has anyone written an error handler for VBA forms. The error handler would display error messages based on bad input and pop up messages dynamically, etc. If not, has anyone developed a clean way to display error messages without using excessive message boxes? Thanks for any help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Instead of message boxes and popups, consider a label on the form itself that displays the error message. In article <Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>, Ripan <<Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Has anyone written an error ...

Sumif base on 2 criteria
I am having problems coming up with a sumif formula based on two conditions. I have three columns. Column A = client #, Column B = work code, and Column C = hours. I am looking for a sumif formulat that will calculate the total hours worked for employees working on (for example) Client #387 and work code 88. Please help if you know how to do this. thanks. Joe Hi Joe; use sumproduct for this; =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=387)*(B1:B100=88),C1:C100) I am assuming 387 and 88 are NUMBERS. If not, enclose them in ""s. "Joe Rotondo" <desjoe@aol.com> wrote in m...

Highlighting Rows #2
Hi Is there a way in which the row you are currently on in excel is highlighted in a different colour, and reverts back to original when user moves to a new row? Thanks right click sheet tab>view code>paste this>SAVE. You'll like it. 'McCurdy.Here is something inspired by Don Guillett. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim MyRng As Range Set MyRng = Target.EntireRow Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo end1 Application.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With MyRng .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=R...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

reading pane in outlook 2003 #2
i prefer not to use the reading pane and have it switched off but it seems its configured seperately for every folder, is there an overall control for the reading pane in outlook 2003 so you can just switch it off for all folders? You can do this by changing the default Messages when all folders are still in this default view. Otherwise define a new view and apply it on first use of the folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jas0n" &...

Use of InstallShield
Hi, I have got InstallShield with VC++, and I would like to use it to create a setup for various types of project, e.g. a game, activeX control, etc. However the project wizard only allows you to choose an .exe, and it makes you choose between 'database application', 'finance application', etc. What if my product isn't an .exe, say it's an .ocx, or what if it isn't one of these predefined types of program? I've no idea on where to start with the blank project option. I added my .ocx to the 'components' view and then tried pressing Ctrl+F5, but a...

2 Y Axes: Lines and a Stacked Column
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003 SP3 and having trouble with the following... Sample data: X Axis Y Axis1 Y Axis1 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Date DataA DataB DataC DataD DataE 1/31/09 4.3 3.6 10% 40% 50% 2/28/09 2.9 1.9 30% 60% 10% 3/31/09 1.2 6.4 15% 10% 75% I need Y Axis1 to be two simple lines and Y Axis2 a stacked column that sums to 100%. Can't figure this out. Please advise... Thanks! Jeff First, clear the cell above the dates,...

PSTDisconnectDelay #2
I'm running Outlook 98 on an XP machine and I need to change the default time for how long outlook locks it's PST file for. I have added a registry key for this and set it to 10 seconds as listed in the help files (See below) but with no change. It still takes 30 minutess for outlook to release the file. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 234211 "The .pst file lock release interval is now configurable by adding the following DWORD value PSTDisconnectDelay to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0 \Outlook\PST Setting PSTDisconnect...

Ending Cash Balance in Investment Transactions Register vs Cash Transactions #2
This subject is the same as a previous topic. There didn't seem to be a conclusion in the last discussion of this problem, so I decided to address it once again for those who may still be suffering from this issue. Nonetheless, it's probably worth it for you to read the previous discussion for additional background and context information. THE PROBLEM: In MS Money 2004, for whatever reason, some transactions are stored as Opening Balance transactions and they're hidden from the user such that the opening balance will always be greater than zero even when there are no transaction...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...

Conditional formating using VBA
Hello I have to format cells (I4:J37) if cells (I43:J76) are: 100%-91% (green) 90%-76% (blue) 75%-50% (yellow) <50% (red) How do I write that in VBA? (I am new to VBA so any help would be appreciated) Many thanks Tracey Hi Tracey, I asume your users will enter a value in the range("I43:J76"). In that case you case use the Worksheet_change(Byval Target as Range function like so: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ' Check if only 1 cells value is changed If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub ' Check if changed c...

what function would I use here?
In rows 1 to 192 I have a letter in just one of the columns D,E,F,G,H,or I. I want to fill in column C so that it will have the letter that is in column D thru I. What is the function that I use? I tried =MAX(d2:i2) but that doesn't work. I suppose the MAX function is for numbers only. Is it a FIND function or something different? Thanks in advance. -- Larry Smith "In this country anyone can grow up to be President. That's the risk you take." Adlai Stevenson You could put this formula in C2 (for example): =3DD2&E2&F2&G2&H2&I2 and then c...

Word 2003: Possible to Use both Forms and Tracked Changes Protect
I've not been able to figure out a way to protect a document so that one section is protected for filling in forms only, and another section is protected in tracked changes mode. I want to create better contract templates for use by our sales teams (thus the forms protection - they can only fill in the gray fields and not alter other sections of the template), while allowing our clients to made modifications to the terms in the subsequent pages. I find Word protection features very limited. Hopefully it's better in 2007. Thank you. A document can only have one type ...

Outlook 2002 Installation Problem #2
I installed my Outlook 2002 when I attempted to start it it refused to start giving me this message: "unable to open your default e-mail folders. The DLL file for the infrmation service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Do you have any ideas for me Will Decker wdecker2@cox.net Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...