views and frames

Hello group,

I need some clarification on views and CSplitterWnd.

When I create an SDI application with the wizard, it creates a view object.
From Prosise's book: "The view is a child window sized to fit the frame
window so that it becomes, for all practical purposes, the frame window's
client area."  For this post, call the above automatically created view
object the "default view."

Now I add a CSplitterWnd to the frame class, and use it to create 4 panes,
each with its own view class attached.  This partitions the client area of
the frame into 4 panes.  Do these 4 panes sit on top of the "default view"
or do they replace it?  Do I have 4 or 5 views?

0
hello2995 (32)
6/23/2006 9:48:30 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:48:30 -0700, "vsgdp" <hello@null.com> wrote:

>Hello group,
>
>I need some clarification on views and CSplitterWnd.
>
>When I create an SDI application with the wizard, it creates a view object.
>From Prosise's book: "The view is a child window sized to fit the frame
>window so that it becomes, for all practical purposes, the frame window's
>client area."  For this post, call the above automatically created view
>object the "default view."
>
>Now I add a CSplitterWnd to the frame class, and use it to create 4 panes,
>each with its own view class attached.  This partitions the client area of
>the frame into 4 panes.  Do these 4 panes sit on top of the "default view"
>or do they replace it?  Do I have 4 or 5 views?

The splitter window is normally the child of the frame, so you have just
the 4 views. Examine the code in the frame window's OnCreateClient for
details.

--
Doug Harrison
Visual C++ MVP
> The splitter window is normally the child of the frame, so you have just
> the 4 views. Examine the code in the frame window's OnCreateClient for
> details.

Ah you are right, and I see how it works now.  Thanks.

> Doug Harrison
> Visual C++ MVP

0
hello2995 (32)

Open Additional Mailbox
The Exchange 'Open Additional Mailbox' function in Outlook 2003 doesn't allow the mailbox view to be expanded. There's no [+] next to the mailbox name as there has been in previous versions of Outlook. Permissions are set as they should be, and the item I'm trying to show is a user defined form in the top level of the mailbox. Is there a way to get this working? Tim Are you looking in the Folder List? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlo...

Any way to show the phone number/location field in activity views?
The column is not exposed in the well publicized methods of modifying the activity views that have been previously posted. ...

Advanced Find View
is there a way to change the default advanced find view to reflect other fields??? Thanks in advance? Peter ...

Viewing Newsgroups
Hi This is prob not the correct place to post this but here goes... Is there any way of viewing this newsgroup other than through the web? I heard it might be possible through Outlook Express? Thanks Hi Jahsonm Read this from Dave Peterson '*************************************************** You may want to connect to the MS newsgroups directly. Chip Pearson has some notes written by Leonard Meads at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm David McRitchie's notes at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6.htm Tusha...

History view under Account
For email messages that are tracked in CRM from Outlook the description is showing HTML tags and all of the DOCTYPE info instead of the actual content. Is there anyway that we can get this to only display the actual text instead of HTML? Beyond changing the outgoing email type to text. ...

multi folder view
It sure would be handy to have an app similar to windows explorer that would arrange 6-12 or whatever number of views on one form each view would be a folder/file list like windows explorer but in liew of having to open many explorer windows and position them and size them manually anyone know of code samples that already do this or provide a starting point? maybe an array of user controls on a form? a list of foldernames could be passed to the form on Init with one uc per foldername being created and populated??? ea uc (listview?) would list files/folders (icons would be nice...

Expanding the time frame of a financial information download
I am trying to expand the time frame for downloading financial information from my bank. I am currently getting 30 days of data and would like to expand this to about 6 months. I have Money 4.0. Thanks, Duane In microsoft.public.money, Duane Every wrote: >I am trying to expand the time frame for downloading >financial information from my bank. I am currently >getting 30 days of data and would like to expand this to >about 6 months. I have Money 4.0. Really? Not Money 2004? Usually the bank controls this; have you tried to d/l manually? -- Michael Gordon MVP "...

hide hidden text from viewing
This is very confusing! Where is the option to turn off the viewing of hidden text in the document? I selected a number of hidden text and now I cannot turn it off so that others do not see it. I would recommend that your new version of Word includes something useful and easy to find in this regard! Thanks. There are (at least) two ways to unHide the Hidden Text: (1) with the Show Non-Printing Characters command (Ctrl-Shift-8, or the paragraph- symbol button on your toolbar or ribbon) and (2) a check-box in the View Options. If (2) is on, (1) won't override it. On ...

how do i view all alert recipients for an announcements page?
I currently am not able to confirm who I have set up for alerts for an announcements page I own. Where do I go to see this information? Thanks, Bruce Im not sure you can do it from the web but you can dig down with SharePoint Manager http://spm.codeplex.com/Wikipage there is a 2010 and 2007 version... pretty neat tool, i havent used it a ton but i was able to find alert info in there.. "BruceE" <BruceE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E49B16A-9B20-4795-B17A-674A3ECED704@microsoft.com... >I currently am not able to confirm who I have set...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

View & Insert missing from menu bar!?!?!
Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar. Anyone know how I can add them back in??? All you should have to do is click on them once and they should be there next time you go into that menu. Let us know if that doesn't work... JG "trixiebme" wrote: > Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar. > Anyone know how I can add them back in??? How can I click on something that is not there? "Jonathan G." wrote: > All you should have to do is click on them once and they should...

Creating Views with Indexes for entire Database Excluding UniqueIdentifier field
I would like to create a view for the entire Database. The view should exclude any fields which is UniqueIdentifer (Type=36) . Also when creating a Indexes for View it should exclude any index which uses UniqueIdentifier field. The table name and View name should be same. The index name should also match. I am going to create a New schema which will hold all the views. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Viewing multiple JPG images in Outlook
Can anyone tell me a way to view multiple JPG images in an attachment at once. I have to open each individual picture one at a time. Outlook express does it so easily. Thx Nate ...

Can't see existing table in Design view for a QBE
Hi Guys, I can't see a table in QBE even when I have the scroll bar as far left as I possibly can. I have joineed another table to the query and I can see the relationship link but am unable to scroll left to view the table. Does anyone know how to fix this?? Many thanks in advance, Cheers, On Tue, 18 May 2010 17:35:01 -0700, DontKnow <DontKnow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >I can't see a table in QBE even when I have the scroll bar as far left as I >possibly can. I have joineed another table to the query and I can see the ...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

VBA macro for calendar view with 3 weeks
Hallo! the new calendar view in outlook for a month looks nice but I can only see 2 or 3 calendar entries for a day. I do not need to see the complete month. if I display only the next 3 weeks than the space for the entries is big enough to show enough entires. I would like to have a macro which automatically shows me the next 3 weeks in three lines, just like the month view, but only for 3 weeks. I could not find a suitable property in the object model for outlook. StartField seems not to accept a direct date value as a string and DisplayedDates is read- only. Is there already a solution for...

SRS (CRM_Locale) is set to false (Error when trying to view report
Hi When a user including CRM Administrator tries to access any report from reporting services they get the following error: "The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to false. However, the corresponding parameter (default) value is null or contains an empty string. (rsProcessingError)" I can open the reporting server's site in a browser seperate from CRM and view the list of reports but I get the same error. But my CRM reports properly functioning at CRM clients Any usefule suggestions? Cheers Pareek Hi, I have exactly the same issue...

Some graphic do not show up while viewing
While I'm working on my newsletter some of my graphics do not show up. The picture box is there but it only shows up when I go to print preview. This makes it hard to edit not being able to see the graphic. Any suggestions? View, pictures, detailed display -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "barryll" <barryll@comcast.net> wrote in message news:O7pgDO1FFHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > While I'm working on my newsletter some of my graphics do not show up. The picture > box is there but it...

Cannot view downloaded transactions #2
I have used Money successfully for years but just recently have had problems viewing downloaded transactions. Any ideas??? I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. That did not solve the problem apparently because the problem lies in the details of my file. I did run into a file that would not download due "to an error with your program" (Money). I had downloaded from this site many times before. It seems that this current problem has started since that day. I get the notice that my download was successful and it tells me how many items to review. I JUST CAN&#...

all picklist fields were not listed in any view
after an update of crm 3.0 no picklist field is shown of any view changend over customized entities. Can anyone provide any help? Have you published the entity ? -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "marco68" wrote: > after an update of crm 3.0 no picklist field is shown of any view changend > over customized entities. > Can anyone provide any help? > Yes, i have published all entities, but in all views noch pickup field data is shown. How does the views works?(e.g public view) I checked the database values and th...

Open last document viewed
When I open Excel how do I get it to display the last document I looked at when I last closed it. Thx Don Hi Don Go to Files, and in the recently used Files list, the last file used should be the top item. -- Regards Roger Govier "Don Pullem" <dp2NOSPAM@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:uQq5z1JRGHA.5908@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > When I open Excel how do I get it to display the last document I > looked at when I last closed it. > > Thx > > Don > I guess I wasn't clear. When I open Excel I want it to show the last document that...

Remove View/Add Favorites Tools from IE8 Favorites Toolbar?
Is there some way to remove the display of the View Favorites and Add to Favorites tools from the Favorites toolbar in IE8? Hi, Registry edit- all versions of Windows- look for NoFavorites at http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/442/ Or, with many versions of Windows (not XP Home, not Vista Basic, not Win 7 Home basic) you could use Group Policy editor. Start> Run> gpedit.msc> User Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Internet Explorer> Browser menus> Hide Favorites menu. Hope this helps, Don [MS MVP- IE] "+Bob...

Publisher does not display frames and pictures from saved files?
When I create a file in Publisher [Office Pro 2003, fully updated] the borders and pictures are accessible and instantly visible. Then I save and close the file. When I reopen the file none of the pictures or borders are visible. If I click in the appropriate blank area on my document, the drag dots outlining the placeholder appear but nothing else. If I go to format ie a text box, the software will drop the selector box for colours etc, and will let me select a colour, but on closing the selector box it just defaults to a blue outline around the colour edit box. However if I pr...

Printing two views together
How can I print data from two views together in the same job? I've got the code to print a listview, but my SDI app has two listviews separated by a splitter and I want to print both data uninterruptedly on the same sheet. Have I got to manage the work from CMainFrame? Thanks in advance -- Mav Rossi Mav, TN030 has info on how to overload the OnPrint function - which calls StartDoc/EndDoc for a view. You'll have to take away this (StartDoc/EndDoc, that is, not OnPrint :-))). The message for printing comes through the frame, so, yes, you'll have to do some management from CMain...

Contact view Filter
how can I specify filter on contact view.. ie: if I want to display only contacts with email=non null & have it in the pull-down on Active Contacts also, when IIS restarted, are other users connected to internet but not to crm affected by this ?? thanks HT you will need to create a custom view to display the data you are looking for. You cannot place filters on the out-of-the box views. IISRESET should not effect people hitting the internet from your office. However if you have you webpage on the same IIS, you will effect people hitting that by doing an iisreset. Brett Meyer CR...