VFW webcam - change image resolution

Hi,

I'm using Video For Windows to capture images from creative webcam in
my application. This is giving me image in size 640x480. However, i
need image in landscape resolution where width is less than height. I
tried to squeeze the captured image but its distorting it badly. Any
ideas how can we capture images from webcam in desired resolution?

Thanks,
neo

-1
dhapola (3)
10/6/2006 9:06:04 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

see the amcap sample in DirectShow SDK

--
Regards
Sheng Jiang

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++
http://www.jiangsheng.net
http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/
<dhapola@yahoo.com> ????
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Video For Windows to capture images from creative webcam in
> my application. This is giving me image in size 640x480. However, i
> need image in landscape resolution where width is less than height. I
> tried to squeeze the captured image but its distorting it badly. Any
> ideas how can we capture images from webcam in desired resolution?
>
> Thanks,
> neo

-2
sheng_jiang (305)

MFC app does not load images
I have made an image viewer/research tool that works fine when I and other saround me use it on win XP. but I had a correspondence with a guy, who can't get it to load anything. He uses W2K SP4 on a 2.8 GHz P4 machine with 512MB of RAM in dual CPU emulation mode. When he opens a file, the open file dialog appears (so onfileopen() is called), but nothing is loaded when he picks a file. It is as if the CDocument::onopendocument(filename) returns false on his computer, but on all the computers I've tsted it on, it works. http://www.cvmt.dk/~mnielsen/tools/setupimgview0111.exe ...

Track Changes 03-12-10
Let's say I have added 10 words using track changes and then saved my document. Now I want to delete 2 of those words, instead of just deleting them it puts the strikethrough in those 2 words. Why and how do I stop it? This doesn't happen to all documents. Right-click the words and select Accept Change (or Accept Deletion) from the context menu. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Flasho" <Flasho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F05E911C-7CA6-4DAD-A146-C712C8A5BDAA@microsoft.com... > Let's say I have added 10 words usin...

Change to Insert Drop Down Menu Items Office 2003 Win Vista Home P
When I click Insert>Auto Text>Signature in Word 32003, all of a sudden, beside many of the choices with an > I'm seeing the message Sign Into Office Live Workspace Beta. As I said, it's beside quite a few of the choices in this drop down list. If I click it, it does nothing. I did nothing to change this. Have I gotten an Update from Microsoft that changed something? Now why would Microsoft release an update that screws up Word Pro 2003. Are we pushing 2007 or 2010? Any answers to help restore this function to its working status is greatle appreciated. I alrea...

Outlook 2004 issues with image attachments under SL
If you wish to report this bug please do so here. http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html There is a conflict between Entourage 2004 and Preview under SL. When I get a message with a image and click on the image to open it, preview opens up a blank document. However when I drag and drop the image to the desktop it opens fine. I DID NOT experience this problem under Tiger (most recently moved from Tiger to Snow Leopard). Please fix this problem, thanks! John -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translati...

column chart changes my data
Hi I have attempted to make a column chart with error bars using 6.3 0.008199 6.8 0.0151625 7.5 0.006469 as my data, BUT when i highlight and insert chart my figures (6.3,6.8,7.5) change to 1,2, and 3. and my other figures change to 1-8 I am trying to show rate of reaction vs pH level can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong as I dont normally have any trouble with these charts.I am using office 2003 -- thanks to all You should be using an XY chart for numerical value, particularly for scientific analyses. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Pelt...

Why are lines appearing to the left and top of my jpeg images?
In Word and now in PowerPoint now, after I insert a .jpg image and save the document lines are appearing to the left and top of the image. Why is this happening and how do I stop it? It's not happening on every .jpg image only on some. Cropping will get rid of it but I have a logo that is already cropped as much as it can be and I can't crop it anymore! Any advice is appreciated. In article <570BA9EB-BFEF-4EA1-B698-B1EDDFE574AD@microsoft.com>, SFL Beach Girl wrote: > In Word and now in PowerPoint now, after I insert a .jpg image and save the > document line...

Automatically change header
Win XP Professional Office 2000 I have multiple worksheets, each with it's own header. The only common item in all headers is the date (month and year). Is there a way to programatically change the date in all headers without having to edit the header of every worksheet? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services FedEx Express Put &[Date] in the header - this will update according to the P date -- LB7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

MHT Format Changes Display
Hello all! A document I have created in Word 2007 is displaying some of the text in Times font when viewed through Explorer. Arial was used when creating the document and it displays correctly while in Word in both print layout and web layout. I have tried to cut the text and filter it through notepad to remove any hidden formatting. I also changed the "cut, copy, and paste" options in Word 2007 to "Match Destination Formatting" but nothing has worked. Thanks for any assistance provided! ...

how do i change the colour of individual axis on the graph
Double-click it to get to its properties. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "hhhggghhh" <hhhggghhh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14408532-1FE4-44CF-B131-8EED44F6063C@microsoft.com... > You can't colour an individual gridline, if that's what you're trying to do. However, Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a horizontal line to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine hhhggghhh wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.h...

change an icon
I'm using XP Home. When saving an email in 'Message format' within one of my files, the envelope icon is too similar to the standard folder icon. Can I change the Outlook envelope icon for something else - what choices do I have and how can I do it so that the new icon becomes the default icon? > I'm using XP Home. When saving an email in 'Message format' within > one of my files, the envelope icon is too similar to the standard folder > icon. Can I change the Outlook envelope icon for something else - > what choices do I have and how can I do it so...

How to send images from a COM control/ASP?
Hi, I am re-designing a legacy ActiveX control. Our goal is to make it usable in legacy applications as well as in ASP pages. We have an interface funciton like this: STDMETHODIMP CXXXCtrl::ExportImage(VARIANT Destination, ImageFormatEnum ImageFormat) Now the first parameter can only point to a file. In theory, users can save the image into the web space then pass to browser; however, this is obviousely not practically if a web site has thounsands of visitors at the same time. Is it possible to pass the Response object into the first parameter? Anyone can give me some suggestions... appr...

How I can change the direction of Paste All in MS-Excel (MOST URGE
I am using Office 2003. I have copied some data from a word file in Office Clipboard. Now I want to paste this all data in MS-Excel. When I choose the "Paste All" option it pastes all data down side, while I want to paste the data right side / left side. How can I change it's pasting direction? I do not want to use "Transpose" option beacuse it is tadious & time consuming. I want to do this with a fasttest manner. How can I do this. Is it can be done by a macro? If yes then please tell me the macro code. It is Most Urgent so Please help me as soon as possible...

cannot change part of a merged cell
Annoying problem... I merged cells and come time to paste from the clipboard into a merged cell, I get the error it can't be done. I can hit F2 and paste. It's an annoying step and users who are not quick on the draw with Excel would be stuck. Is there a way to stop the error and succeed with a paste? thanks! don't use office clipboard use Ctrl + C & Ctrl +V On Apr 7, 5:46=A0am, "shank" <sh...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: > Annoying problem... > I merged cells and come time to paste from the clipboard into a merged cel= l, > I get the error it can...

ht change default directory for import/export
In Access 2007 is there a way to change the default folder location used for import and export? There's a "Default database folder" under the "Popular" Access options, but it only affects open/save and importing/exporting Access files (accdb and mdb). All the other import/exports (txt, xlsx, xml, etc.) all default to My Documents. Would love to change that, any help? ...

How do I change the booking window?
I am trying to enter a recurring meeting beyond 1 year and it declines saying "I've gone beyond the booking window," which seems to be 1 year from the start date. Is there anyway to change this to 2 years or anything beyond 1 year? Thanks for any help. The admin needs to change it on the server. See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/book180.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

CRM 3.0
I would like to move the ordernumber middle part to a larger number to match the next available number in the existing paper order system. Where do I find the row/column in the database to change the seed or next available number? ...

Inbox unread total does not change
I have a problem with one Outlook installation in my office. The number on the right of the Inbox, which should reflect the number of unread messages, is the total of all the messages in the Inbox - both unread and read. How do I fix this? >-----Original Message----- >I have a problem with one Outlook installation in my >office. The number on the right of the Inbox, which should >reflect the number of unread messages, is the total of all >the messages in the Inbox - both unread and read. > >How do I fix this? >. >What version of Outlook are you running? ...

Images in email signatures .... again!
Using Windows 7 / Windows Live. I can create .html file containing text and images (logo) exactly as I want it to appear as email signature, yet when tagging it as "signature" from Tools/Options/Signatures tab, the text has now got double line returns and the images have red crosses. Looked at the forums and tried a few things but nothing seems to solve it. Please help - bit annoying having to insert jpgs and reformat the prose..... My guess is that you used Word to compose the html. Post the code. X out any personal info. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "plumb...

Cannot change account type.
I have an HSA with a credit union that is updated online, I want to have it listed under the Investment Accounts instead of Bank Accounts. The option to change the account type is greyed out with the message "...online-enable account cannot be changed" Was there a question here? I think the message you got tells you about three fourths of the problem. The final fourth that the first three fourths prevents you from getting to is that an Investment Account and a Bank Account are fundamentally different types--one holds Investments, the other holds cash--so a change from one ...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

Change the working directory for a MFC application
I am trying to change the working directory of a MFC application after the application execution begins. Chdir or setcurrentdirectory doesnot work for a MFC application. Can anyone suggest how i can do this? Thanks, - Akila. Akila wrote: > I am trying to change the working directory of a MFC application after > the application execution begins. > > Chdir or setcurrentdirectory doesnot work for a MFC application. > > Can anyone suggest how i can do this? > > Thanks, > - Akila. > SetCurrentDirectory does work for a MFC application. If it doesn't seem ...

subform used for changing mainform record
Hello. I have a main form that has a tabcontrol on it. One of the tabs has a subform on it that will list the many of the mainform's one. This is a parent/child hierarchy set up. So the parents and children are all in one table. A parent can also be a child and a child can also be a parent. Anyway, below is the code that I originally used for making the change. Now it does not and I do not see why. The button that I am using is inside the subform that when used takes and changes the mainform to the selected record and the subform as well. The txtChangeRequestID is the...

Standard Cost Changes Screen
I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. Any ideas as to why it's Greyed Out, and how can I fix this? regards, davidv Is the Bill of Materil a "Phantom" item? "tintin91" wrote: > I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the > Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. > > Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. &...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

How do I track changes made to an Excel spreadsheet within a Word.
I established an Excel spreadsheet within a Word document by just using the Excel icon in Word and creating the spreadsheet. Now I find that the tracking feature in Word will not track the changes made to this spreadsheet, nor will the tracking tool in Excel. Can anyone help? Thanks. ...