VC6.0 & VC2003 linkage

I'm wondering if an app created using VC6.0, and possibly using MFC, is
supposed to be able to link to DLLs written in pure C and compiled
using the latest VC?

0
alex.gman (1)
11/6/2005 9:35:28 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

alex.gman@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm wondering if an app created using VC6.0, and possibly using MFC,
> is supposed to be able to link to DLLs written in pure C and compiled
> using the latest VC?

If the API is C and memory is managed appropriately (i.e. memory allocated
in the EXE is freed in the EXE and likewise for the DLL), then it should
work.

Consider that the Windows API is written in C... (although some of the
internals are C++).

-cd

Could not complete Ph calls after upgrade to version 3.0
After upgrading to version 3.0 Could not complete Phone Calls Activities, When you try to complete it, it comes up with the followin errors. Any ideas, how we could fix this issues, thanks. Regards, Kyaw Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Server was unable to process request. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the cod...

CRM 4.0 Install Error
During the System Requirements phase of CRM 4.0 Setup I get an error: "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://servername/Reports. Error: The operation you are attempting requires a secure connection (HTTPS). System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The operation you are attempting requires a secure connection (HTTPS). I used /Reports for Web Service URL in Reporting Services Manager and /ReportServer for Report Manager URL. I can see the report server page for both http, and https correctly. I am using SQL Server 2008 as well as Windows Se...

MSCRMEmail Event ID 0
A have a queue setup. All of our incoming support emails go into this queue. Recenlty, we noticed that emails from anyone in a certain organization are not appearing in the queue. Anytime someone from within this organization sends an email to support, an error is logged in the Appplication Log. Does anyone have any suggestions? Here is the error message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMEmail Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 8/20/2009 Time: 10:39:01 AM User: N/A Computer: GAINFDAT01 Description: #9628 - An error occurred while delivering the e-mail message with subject...

WSE 2.0 sample certificate
Anyone use WSE 2.0 sample certificates? I import them into Local Machine/Current User certificate store, but I got "This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store." How can I got the CA Root certificate of the issuer "Root Agency"? I think you would need to have some third-party like Thwate or Verisign to authenticate your certificate, then it should be "trusted". If you find the solution, please post back. Thanks. "Tony" wrote: > Anyone use WSE 2.0 sample certificates? I impor...

IE 7.0
Now that I read in the paper that Microsoft will be automatically pushing IE 7.0 to all XP machines starting next Wednesday, will I have to do anything to keep Money running? Art McClinton In theory - no. YMMV however! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Art McClinton" <art.mcclinton@cox.net> wrote in message news:CS11h.4658$tH2.3409@newsfe20.lga... > Now that I read in the paper that Microsoft w...

CRM Email with CRM 3.0
Hi everybody, I have the problem, that Emails the are send from the CRM Envirement don't leave the folder C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Queue (thats the servers path). When I send Email out of Outlook every think works fine. What can I do? Thanks for comments. Eddy ...

How long does it take to install CRM 3.0?
Hi, I was wondering how long it would take to install CRM 3.0, it would be great to get a time for the small business edition and a time for the professional edition. Thanks a lot. Aleksey Both can be achieved in about 1-3hrs depending on evironments etc... "IB Systems" <a_bubis@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1173277532.934580.7620@n33g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I was wondering how long it would take to install CRM 3.0, it would be > great to get a time for the small business edition and a time for the > professional edition. Thanks a lot. > Aleks...

WMP version 11.0.6002.18111
when video file played CPU crashes almost immediately. Can play audio files 24-7-365. WHATSUP??!!?? want to be able to play video files. On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:54:02 -0700, WISHBONE2010 <WISHBONE2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when video file played CPU crashes almost immediately. Can play audio files >24-7-365. WHATSUP??!!?? want to be able to play video files. When was the last time you updated your video card (graphics) driver software ? That's quite a common cause of video-only crashes. Some drivers are on windows update, but in general you're b...

Integration Direct-To-Table key field
I am trying to write a Direct-To-Table integration to IV10301 (Stock Count Line). However, when I add the destination, I get a message saying "You need at least one field marked as a 'Key Field' in the root recordset." My recordset consists entire of the IV10301 table. Dynamics defines the key as a combination of Stock Count ID, Item Number, Location Code and Bin Number, if I am reading the Table Description correctly. I cannot figure out how to make a combined key the Integration Manager will accept. I tried adding a field that was a combination of these fields but g...

FRX 6.0 "unexpected error; quitting"
When i create a new windows profile on a PC that already has FRX 6.0, login as that new user and try to run FRx, I get the follwoing error, "unexpected error; quitting". It doesn't matter who I attempt to logon to FRX as. Does anyone know how to fix this...? Thanks, Tom... ------=_NextPart_0001_31854365 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Tom K, Thanks for your FRx question. FRx 6.0 is no longer supported. I recommend upgrading to FRx 6.5 or FRx 6.7. However, the unexpected error quitting message can usually be resolved with registering the .dll...

Emails not Tracked CRM 4.0
We are having an issue with an email coming into a CRM user's Outlook inbox with a tracking token, when they open up the email, they see that it is not regarded to a record. They hit "Track in CRM", but it doesn't auto-resolve to a record in CRM. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Dear see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947059/en-us -- Regards, Imranh MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "@VGroupby1" wrote: > We are having an issue with an em...

problem importing accounts into crm 3.0 through th bulk import wiz
We are trying to import accounts records into CRM 3.0 through the application's bulk import wizard (tools --> import). the source file is a text file, which contains small amount of data. the process is going well, and being finished successfully, without any warnings or error messages. but the accounts records aren't being imported. when we go to Workplace --> Activities --> Bulk import, to check the status of our import, we can see our import record, but with a Status Reason 'pending'. (is not executed?) there are no start or finished indications, and no fail...

CRM 4.0 Bulk Deletion through Data Migration Manager leaving behind records?
Hi, We used the Data migration manager to load entity records and then subsequently used the Bulk Deletion in DMM to delete those records. The migration is showing as "Bulk Deletion Completed" in DMM; however, the entity base table records that are tied to it (per importsequencenumber column) are still showing as deletionstatecode = 0. Other records that we deleted via Bulk Deletion get set to deletionstatedcode = 2. Can someone please advise how I should get rid of these records? At this point must I manually change the deletionstatecode to 2 or physically delete using SQL? Tha...

skip 0 average
How do average a colum of numbers? I will ignore the $0 number. Thank you very much! One way... Try this array formula** : =AVERAGE(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20)) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the SHIFT key then hit ENTER. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96DA8155-CCAD-492F-BCAC-D9E426ABE765@microsoft.com... > How do average a colum of numbers? I will ignore the $0 number. > > Th...

Backup Problem in 2.0
We just upgraded to 2.0 a few days ago, and have found a problem that we are unable to solve - Our normal routine after settling EDC was to backup the database to shared network drive. We did this as a clerk, from the register machine, then after the backup and Z was run, we'd shut down. After the upgrade, the backup utility in Manager is giving me the following error - "The backup of file or filegroup "sysft_itemlookup" is not permitted because it is not online. BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include onl...

CRM 3.0 Account Last Contact Date
I can't seem to find out how to filter accounts by last contact date. We need to be able to filter those accounts that have not been contacted recently, so we can call them. ...

Business Portal 3.0 Question
We are beginning our process of upgrading to GP 9 and at the same time our going to implement Business Portal 3.0. My question regarding BP is this. Because of our many custimizations, we are going to setup a test environment for our upgrade. I would like to also setup BP to work with this test environment. My question is, once we cutover to GP 9, is it possible to point the BP to the new database (which will be on a different server? Thank you. Steve, BusinessPortal creates its data tables in the DYNAMICS database on the GP9 sql server. BP sits on top of SharePoint services (which ...

Scribe Insight
I'm trying to get the ACT notes/history records migrated into CRM using the Scribe workbench. The out-of-box functionality ties the note/history record to the account and not the contact. I need it tied to the contact (I would think everyone would). I'm trying to use a custom formula but I'm having no luck. Has anyone been able to tie the note/history record to the contact instead of the account using Scribe? That certainly sounds do-able. Sometimes its just easier to create your own .dts from scratch. Boolean1 "mscrmuser" <mscrmuser@hotmail.com> wrote in ...

new line replacement in xsl:attribute value with fx2.0
Hi, I have the following xsl: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="html"/> <xsl:template match="/"> <a> <xsl:attribute name="href"> pippo </xsl:attribute> </a> </xsl:template> </xsl:stylesheet> (in the following test I put some spaces to in "& # XA" to eliminate html escaping problems) I get <a href="& # XA...

Need to write Usb Host driver for New Host Controller in WinCE5.0
Hai, In our new Host controller hardware, we need to write a HC driver in wince 5.0. I dono how to start. If you have any sample source code, mail me the same. ---Julie. Hi Julie, Sample source code is included with Windows CE for most drivers - for sample USB HCD code, see the following directory: C:\WINCE500\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\USB\HCD best regards, Rik A Hai Ulrich & Rik, >>If your hardware conforms to the UHCI/OHCI/EHCI standards, This is different from Standard OHCI/UHCI/EHCI. It is our own Host controller. >>I believe the drivers are even...

#DIV/0! message
I am trying to create a formula for a percentage whereby the #DIV/0 does not appear if the cell is left blank or is not calcuable. I can work it out for a percentage change using the following : =IF(C14=0,"not calculable",(C14-B14)/B14) but I want it to work for example e4/d14 with values in d being 0 and being 1, then i get #DIV/0! and also if the cells are left blank. Any suggestions -- rjc_2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rjc_29's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=347 View this thread: http...

Database name and OU Name in CRM 3.0
In CRM 1.2, the active directory OU and the Database name must have the same name. For instance, if our OU is called "McKinzie Inc", then our Database name will be "McKinzie_Inc_MSCRM". Is this still true for CRM 3.0 ? It would save us quite a bit of work if we would be able to have an OU of say "McKinzie CRM" use a database by the name "McKinzie_Inc_MSCRM". In both v1.2 and v3.0, you could first setup an OU called CRM and then installed Microsoft CRM into that OU. In 3.0 there is no 2nd level folder name that matches the database name. Frank Le...

RDCClientHost 1.0 Type Library
Introduction: Beginner level Access knowledge. Created a database in Access 2003 that used some VBA code for certain things. Problem: In trying to covert the database to Access 2007 I keep getting an error that RDCClientHost 1.0 Type library add in is missing. I'm not having any luck finding this add in. Has it changed names in Access 2007 or am I just looking in the wrong place? Thank you in advance for any help. That is not a standard library used in Access. If you haven't built anything that refers to code in this library, I suggest unchecking the reference. Then try to c...

Attachment error from any place or form in CRM 3.0
Hello everybody, After upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0, i have problem with file attachment from any place or form in CRM. Attachment extension and size doesn`t affect on error. After press "Attach" button, i`ve got "An error occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." I turn on detailed server error messages on client side in web.config, but still have "nothing" in screen or eventlog, except "500" error from iis log side: 2006-01-24 13:57:18 W3SVC1 192.168.X.Y GET /_controls/attachment/attach.htc - 80 - 192.168.X.Y Mozilla/4.0+(co...

CRM 3.0 SBS and SQL 2005 Express Edition
CRM 3.0 SBS and SQL 2005 Express Edition I would like to install CRM 3.0 with SQL 2005 Express Edition I can not skip installer because I see that only Standard or Enterprise version is supported. I thing that there is only one or two keys in registry that I should change and I skip it. Do you know what should I change? I know that it is not supported, but I would like to do it! ------=_NextPart_0001_0BE14ACD Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Thanks a lot for the post. I am sorry but I cannot supply information for an unsupported scenario. Please post in...