VC++6 OLE export to MS Project

I didn't know which group to use for this question, so I have chosen 3. Hope
I haven't annoyed anyone!...

I'm using VC++ 6.0. I am writing an export facility to MS Project. I have
exported a bunch of tasks to MS Project. I have exported resource
information and successfully attached resources to the tasks.

Question 1:
I have had to do this all by guess work as I can't find any help system
anywhere that says which methods do what and what parameter types to use. Is
there a help system detailing what methods are available to C++ through OLE,
as I am sick of having to randomly guess which of the various OLE
methods/classes to use!!

I currently open up the target application (have linked to Excel also). I
open the VB editor and read through the object browser. This offers a little
help, but the methods available through OLE usually don't quite match the VB
ones!

Question 2:
How do I export task dependencies? I found a method - AddSuccessor on the MS
project "Task" class, but when I call it and pass the name of another task
in as the parameter it just throws a COleDispatchException with error, "The
value is not valid".

I have found 2 other classes - TaskDependency and TaskDependencies, but I
can't get them to work either.

HELP !!!

0
contactGT (36)
8/2/2004 12:57:37 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ask help for DLL Export Library Definition File
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I build an MFC App which call a MFC Extension DLL that has implemented some API, but I don't know where is the problem, in DLL, in dll def file or in MFC App? the API like this: ___________________________________________________ head file extern "C" AFX_EXT_API long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ); cpp file extern "C" long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ) {....} and its def file like this: __...

RPC over HTTPS #6
Greetings to all. How do I change the address that's sent back to the client when they connect to the server through RPC over HTTPS? What's happening is I have DNS setup for mail.example.com to point to the public IP on my router. The router then forwards the necessary ports to the server. The problem is that the server itself is mailserver.internal.example.com and resolves to a reserved ip address. This works out great for everything else. When I try to connect to it from outside my firewall, I get the login box, but that's as far as it will go. It appears what is happening ...

Can saved MS publisher documents be password protected and how?
Hello, I'd like to make some confidential Publisher documents password protected - so that only I can open them. Can this be done and if so, how? I can not find any info on this in the online or program help options. Cheers There are several programs that can password protect files and even folders; one I've used is EasyFP. A nice feature with Easy FP is a file can not be deleted from your hard drive without the password; a little extra protection. EasyFP http://www.easyfp.com/ or you can do a google search for file encryption for other programs. -- Don - Publisher 2000...

FRx 6.0.95 install error
Hello, Installing an additional FRx client for Great Plains 6.0. I'm installing from the Great Plains CD. After the install finishes, I get an error, "Files failed to self-register. c:\windows\system32\Cscmd32.ocx; c:\windows\system32\Cstext32.ocx;" Attempting to open FRx yields error 339, "Cstext32.ocx not registered." I loaded FRx service pack 7 to no avail. I tried manually registering the offending files but it failed. The workstation is Windows XP, service pack 2. Great Plains runs fine. Any ideas for what I should do next? Trevor, If I am not mis...

Exporting Outlook Mailing Address to Excel ?
I'm using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I have an Outlook contact database in which individual contacts may have more than one address, with the mailing address indicated via the "This Is The Mailing Address" indicator. However, when I try to export some basic details to Excel from Outlook, via Outlook's "Export To A File" function, when I get to "Map Custom Fields" this area does not appear to give me the option of stipulating 'Mailing Address'. Is there a way that I can export just the mailing address from Outlook to Excel? My problem is that the...

defining a structure in vc++
hello, I need to define a structure in vc++.I wanted to how it is possible to define a structure whose variables are global Well, define your structure and instant a global of it. MyGobalStruc mgs; mgs.v1 = mgs.v2 = etc sayu wrote: > hello, > I need to define a structure in vc++.I wanted to how it is possible > to define a structure whose variables are global thanks, but where should i write structure declarations,like what type of elements it contatins struct recrd { int n; char c; float f; }if i want to insert this declaration in a class.how do i go about i...

Compacted .dbx files in Outlook Express 6
I was attempting to move my folders from OE 6 unto another computer. After reading the MS Help, it suggested to compact the file to copy onto a disk and onto other pc. This was successfull, but I am now unable to read these .dbx files from either pc's from Outlook Express 6.0. I don't want to lose these emails! Does this have something to do with identities? Is there a solution? Any help would be immenseley appreciated This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one...

Update from subproject to master project
Hello, Project Server 2007 SP2 + dec CU: I have several subprojects (work packages) grouped into one master project. I need that the updates of work-packages are made only by the work-package managers. So if the program manager opens the master project, he is not able to modify any work-package. How is it possible to set this security requirement? Thanks for your help Robert: Unless you make the projects read-only for that user, you cannot do this, as the ability to open and edit in Project is simply that. You get access to everything. There is no way to secure parts...

printing #6
When you print some emails in outlook the fields dont print off (TO,FROM, SUBJECT,DATE etc). Some emails will print fine others will not. can anybody help me with this as i am scrathcing my head here Rob snuzzleflange, you wrote on Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:25:29 -0000: > When you print some emails in outlook the fields dont print off > (TO,FROM, SUBJECT,DATE etc). Some emails will print fine others will > not. See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931657/en-us applies. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net ...

Unable to Export in OL2000
i'm trying to export my address book in OL2000 but having problems doing so. FILE IMPORT & EXPORT EXPORT TO A FILE COMMA SEPARATED VALUES (WINDOWS) when clicking NEXT after doing the above i do not get a list of folders to export from...the screen is blank. the same is true for all of the other choices (excel, dbase, etc). OL2000 is part of MS Office Professional install and i have run the office repair utility from the control panel. i have searched the MS knowledge base and can find nothing on this subject. the OS here is WInXP Pro SP2 with all critical updates. this is a ...

IE 6 vs IE 7
Hi, As a test I installed the CRM outlook client on two laptops that are the same execpt one is running IE 6 and the other was updated to IE 7. The IE 6 machine works fine accessing the CRM both through outlook and the web. The IE 7 machine will work through the web but requires a login and the Outlook client will not work at all. Any thoughts? Nate ...

Help required to create a Chart at Runtime and export it to a web page
Hey Friends I am trying to export some values to a excel sheet and then create a Graph for the values. I tried to create a excel template and then export values to it but if i use a chart in the excel template then i have to define the range but the range is known after the data has been exported. Can someone please help me for creating graph at runtime in excel. Moreover when i save the excel sheet as webpage the page is saved with blank entries as well. So number of pages to print out becomes 3 instead of actual number of pages. but i want only actual number of pages to print out and ign...

MS Access and Outlook
I have a macro created in Acess that send 200 personal e- mails. It worked OK in the previous Outlook version but it doesn't work in Outlook 2002. I receive e warning message that other program try to send e-mail on my behalf and I have tyo click yes(200 times). How can I remove this security feature? Thank you You can't directly. The eassies way out of here is by using a click-yes tool http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip ...

Discrepancy encountered when attempted to convert a MS Excel list to MS Access
When I attempted to convert a excel list to access database using Excel's menu [Data, Convert to MS Access], I received the following message. Has anyone seen this message before? If so, how do you overcome the discrepancy? I found something similar within Microsoft knowledge base, but it reference importing from Access. Thank you very much in advance. Error message: The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object '<name of selected range>'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. ...

MS Sans Serif Font Not Available
I got a new computer and am working on an old access project. I hadused MS Sans Serif as the font on a lot of forms etc over the yearsand now that font is not available to me in the font selection dropdown box. It looks like the font is in my C:\Windows\Fonts folder butnot totally sure what should be there. Any ideas where this font isor where it needs to be?Any help is greatly appreciated....

BP & Project Timesheets
This message board has numerous posts on people's frustration wiht approving time in Business Portal for Projects. Many users found employees were submitting multiple timesheets per period. Has anyone found a solutions to this? Additionally, can you force users to submit a timesheet each week? Or force them to add a billing note to each entry? I would like to know what all the time was for in many instances. Thanks Adam Adam, We are working on a similar requirement from our client, drafting various solution options!!!. If you are interested to learn please let me know. MV nj....

outlook bug
error if we export a calendar to excel "Beim Importieren oder Exportieren ist ein Fehler aufgetreten und der Import/Export-Vorgang wurde abgebrochen. Der MAPI-Fehler 0X80004005 wurde gemeldet...." An error occurred while importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0X80004005 was reported. Please try to import/export later. other PC - same error no virusscanner - same error has anybody an idea Windows XP SP2 Outlook 2003 Franz Chernjak, you wrote on Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:50:00 +0200: > An error occurred while importing or exporting and the im...

Detect and Repair (MS Office 2003)
This morning, after having Office 2003 on my machine for almost three years, for the first time I clicked "detect and repair". (I won't bore you with the "whys". Looking back on it, I should not have done so.) Anyway, my personal email folders and my appointment calendar are history. Is there a way to restore or retrieve these Office files? Or, did "detect and repair" remove them permanently? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Ernie PS I have an image of my hard drive saved on my home network as of one month ago, but new appointments/folder...

convert windows PC ms word 2007 document to ms word: mac 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) <i>created windows ms word 2007 documents, saved to external hard drive, cant open into ms word:mac2008 ??</i> What is the error message? What format did you save in (DOC or DOCX or other)? --rms www.rmschneider.com matp@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) /created > windows ms word 2007 documents, saved to external hard drive, cant open > into ms word:mac2008 ??/ More detail required. If you are too lazy to type a question that f...

Excel Problem #6
I have a problem. I create a monthly spread sheet using Excel where I graph and track my daily stock and bonds. What I usually do is take the previous month and save it as the new months data. The problem I have is that what ever the file size is when I save it as the new month it is the same size. (Don't laugh. That I understand) What I do is go into the new spreed sheet and clear all the old data except for the last day of the previous month and put it on the 1st day. Then when I get the new data I change it. The problem is is that when I clear the old data and save it the data set is s...

MS Office 2003
I need to email a MS Publisher file for proof reading. I do not want the proofer to be able to change or copy my content. How can I make the file "Read Only"? Send it as a PDF... If your recipient wants to copy the file, there is no way you can prevent it, after all you are sending the file. You can keep the file from being edited. http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KathieH" <KathieH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FDC1445-D6A4-4E83-A76B-6A16FB7FA6...

MS Excel VBA Pivot table link cell fetch records
I have a table 'tbl_Final' in MS Access 2007 where the data is used and cached in a pivot table found in the 'Data' worksheet in MS Excel 2007. In this MS Excel 2007 workbook, I have various worksheets reports which links to the pivot table values found 'Data' worksheet. I linked formulae in one of the cells found the worksheet reports, looks like this: =GETPIVOTDATA("Amount",Data!$B$4,"Month", 2,"Year","2008","Scenario","Budget") Lets say the cell value total is: 1000 So, In pivot: 1000 ...

send/receive problem #6
I have send/receive configured to send/receive every minute and automatically. However, it doesnt send/receive unless i click the send/receive icon. How can i make it send/receive automatically? ...

Export Contacts
Using Outlook 2003 I tried to export Contacts to an Excel file. All worked fine, except Category Children are not exported. I checked fields to export and both sides of the from/to field list are the sme, and contain categories and children fields.... Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Ed Try http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imice.htm It is free for first 100 contacts "ed" <edsmith@execsystems.com> wrote in message news:1190234377.517215.3530@k35g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Using Outlook 2003 I tried to export Contacts to an Excel file. All > worked fine, except...

VC and Cobra and OTS
Hello, Can i use VC to build a project using cobra and OTS to communicate with other UNIX system? Do you mean CORBA? WTH "So Sick" <Sug@sug.com.hk> wrote in message news:OJ6KUh%232DHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Can i use VC to build a project using cobra and OTS to communicate with > other UNIX system? > > > > yes ..... sorry. "WTH" <spamsucks@Ih8it.com> wrote in message news:u09iMT$2DHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Do you mean CORBA? > > WTH > > "So Sick" <Sug@sug.com.hk>...