VC++6 Default EXE app Icon change

    Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability words
mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed.

0
Oliver
10/23/2003 10:40:13 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Remember to change the icon for both 16x16 and 32x32 pixels.

--
Bjarne Nielsen

"Oliver Young" <none> skrev i en meddelelse

>     Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability
words
> mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed.

    My question is: how can i change icon?? I tried right clicking it, right
clicking on IDR_MAINFRAME in the resource view, right clicking on MYAPP.ico
on file view, but I can't change icon. I'm new in VC++ 6 and it is extramly
difficult and unfriendly to use.

0
Oliver
10/23/2003 11:42:41 AM
hi,
   In the resources tab, go to Icon, look for the icon-id IDR_MAINFRAME.
Click on the MFC icon, press delete. And then draw your icon. Do the
same for the small (16 x 16 ) icon too . You can find this small icon by
changing from the Device: list, just above the drawing area.
hth
gangadhar
Oliver Young wrote:
>     My question is: how can i change icon?? I tried right clicking it, right
> clicking on IDR_MAINFRAME in the resource view, right clicking on MYAPP.ico
> on file view, but I can't change icon. I'm new in VC++ 6 and it is extramly
> difficult and unfriendly to use.

Default values
Is there a file for Excel 2000 that serves the same function as normal.dot for Word ?? I want to set my Excel to factory defaults. -- Jerry Fortenberry Jerry *.XLB is basically the equivalent. It holds your Menus & Toolbars customizations. I believe for XL2000 this file would be named Excel9.xlb Some settings from Tools>Options are saved in the Registry so these would have to be changed in Tools>Options. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:54:14 -0600, "Jerry Fortenberry" <jerryf@ripgriffin.com> wrote: >Is there a file for Excel 2000 that se...

Unable to change Assistant in Word 2003
HI - I'm running MS Word 2003 on a Vista Home Premium machine, which came pre-installed with a copy of Office 2007. When attempting to change the assistant, I receive the error "There is not enough memory available to complete this operation." My system usually has about 40% of its 2 GB RAM free. Please advise. Tony See http://uksbsguy.com/blogs/doverton/archive/2007/07/23/how-to-get-the-office-assistant-office-2003-to-work-in-windows-vista-i-e-remove-the-quot-not-enough-memory-quot-error-messages.aspx -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Tony Multari...

using common control version 6 in VC6
Hi all, I'm trying to use the common control version 6 in my MFC project, I've imported the manifest.xml adn specified 6 as the platform, but I still can't use the version 6 members of the NMLVCUSTOMDRAW structure in my custom drawn controls. for instance, when I tried to use clrFace of the structure, it would say 'clrFace' : is not a member of 'tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW', and I've traced the problem to the definition of the strucfure itself, typedef struct tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW { NMCUSTOMDRAW nmcd; COLORREF clrText; COLORREF clrTextBk; #if (_WIN32_IE...

Unable to calculate STD DEV for any value with 6 or more digits to the left dec.
I am unable to obtain the standard deviation for any value with six or more digits to the left of the decimal. The values are coordinates, usually with six or seven digits to the left of the decimal and three to the right. Found four types of standard deviation in the Microsoft Excel help menus. 1) STDEV - will work with values up to five places left of the decimal point. 2) STDEVA - will work with values up to five places left of the decimal point. 3) STDEVP - will work with values up to five places left of the decimal point. 4) STDEVPA - will work with values up to five places left of...

Changing printed image size
I'm new to Publisher 2007. I'm trying to make a simple ad to put in a newspaper and have used "The Works" template in Advertisements. I used custom size and changed it to 3"x3" to fit the publications 3"x3" ad layout size spec. When I print the ad the printed image is only 2"x2". What am I doing wrong and how do I get the printed image upsized to 3"x3"? Thanks! -- Jake ...

Global change to Reminder period?
When my wife switched recently from Outlook 2000 (or 2002?) to Outlook 2003, many of her Reminder periods appear to have changed arbitrarily. Is there a global mechanism that would enable her to change *all* Reminder periods to "1 day"? Lindsay Graham Canberra, Australia "Lindsay Graham" <LDGraham@aapt.net.au> wrote in message news:4B834567.8030606@aapt.net.au... > When my wife switched recently from Outlook 2000 (or 2002?) to Outlook 2003, > many of her Reminder periods appear to have changed arbitrarily. Is there a > global mechanism th...

How to change a color of CBitmap object through programming?
Dear all... i loaded a bitmap image(1-bpp) from bitmap resourec to CBitmap object, but when i need to change the color data, i have no idae how to do this obviously. Even the struct BITMAP (specified by CBitmap::GetBitMap(BITMAP* pBitMap)) Could i load bitamp resource into BITMAPINFOHEADER? if so, i will know how to change the color data... any suggestion will be appreciated Jaw109 wrote: > Dear all... > > i loaded a bitmap image(1-bpp) from bitmap resourec to CBitmap > object, but when i need to change the color data, i have no idae how to > do this obviously. ...

Default layout guides
Is there a way to set the default layout guides so that any time I open publisher they are preset? Thanks! Nancy You could create a template. Do your layout guides, save as Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45BA5C59-9B80-4607-8CB9-CF4FFFF881F5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to set the default layout guides so that any time I open > publisher they are preset? > > Thanks! > Nancy > Ah yes I guess I could do that. I would like to just be ab...

A Great Investment Opportunity! #6
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Automatic Calucalation Default
I've read the previous threads regarding the default calculation setting returning to "Manual" I do use personal.xls for storing macros and suspcet this is related. The expert advice was to open Personal.xls to start the excel session and change the calculation setting to automatic. Unfortunately, personal.xls does not have a worsheet associated with it, therefore "options" is not available on the tools menu. Please advise. You could add a workbook, change the calculation. But if you close that temporary workbook, I think (I don't recall for sure) that ex...

oppertunity owner changes when account owner changes
Hello, I have a problem with one of the relations in CRM I found out that when you change the owner of an account, all the oppertunity's that are beneath it also change from owner. Is there a way to keep the owner of the oppertunity? Maybe with an extra field or somehing? thanx Hi There i would check the relationship types between the account and the oppotunities, you need to take cascading off, this will allow you to change over the account and leave the oppotunities. -- http://halo9.co.uk/blog "Geert ten Napel" wrote: > Hello, I have a problem with one of the re...

Great Plains 6 Prints reports lightly
We have an issue with the printing from Great plains being a good bit lighter than normal print from the same printers. Does anyone know what could cause this or where i could find settings for the printer in GP6? ...

Changing a control on a subform?
I am trying to turn some controls in a subform on or off by using a check box on the main form, can�t get it to work Here is the code on the check box click event Private Sub ckShowAWIPrice_Click() If Me.ckShowAWIPrice = -1 Then Me!frmDataSubform.Form!txtStandardBond.Visible = True Me!frmDataSubform.Form!txtStandardNet.Visible = False End If End Sub i'm guessing that "frmDataSubform" is the name of the form (that you're using as a subform) as it shows in the database window. is it also the name of the *subform control within the main form*? your expression has ...

how do i change dates on my calendar and keep my pics
Publisher doesn't support this. You would need to do it manually. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob T" <Bob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68671977-F71B-444F-AE72-801D2B359FEE@microsoft.com... > ...

Resource Units
I want to be able to have a resource, say 'electrician', with 5 available for the day shift and 2 available for the night shift. This would allow e to just assign the 'electrician' resource and have project level based on unit availability. If I setup 'electrician Day' and 'electrician Night', then I need to carefully select which to use and if the schedule shifts it is a nightmare. Any thought on how to do this? Thank-you! On Jan 6, 10:43=A0pm, John K <John K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to be able to have a resou...

Microsoft Outlook as a default for email
Hi Just bought new laptop and installed Office XP. Cannot get it to work or recieve any emails and or import contacts form old files. Any one looking to help me please. John >Just bought new laptop and installed Office XP. Cannot >get it to work or recieve any emails and or import >contacts form old files. Please give some symptoms. What happens when you try? What error messages display? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and...

Default Paper Sauce Setting
Currently in the Excel of my computer, the defult paper setting is "Manual Feed", so each time before printing something I have to select the "Auto Feed", or select the tray number, or push the green button on my printer. My printer is HP LaserJet 4050TN. I want to change the "Auto Feed" as the paper sauce for my Excel. Thanks. I believe you right click on your Printer and choose Printing Preferences and make the change there. It should stay in whatever config. you choose. >-----Original Message----- >Currently in the Excel of my computer, the defult pa...

Change name?
How do I change the name that is in the microsoft.public.excel.misc column "From". Thanks, Roger Since you use outlook express you have to do it there tools>account and select the news account in question and click properties then change the name -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Roger Bedford" <rb10@canada.com> wrote in message news:O1lwmwoTFHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > How do I change the name that is in the microsoft.public.excel.misc column > "From". > > Thanks, > > Roger > ...

Modeless Dialog from MFC Regular DLL opened from EXE problems
Hi, Resources for the MFC modeless dialog are in a Regular DLL with MFC statically linked, No message overrides are set with the dialog, it is a generic dialog with only the OK and Cancel buttons. I choose a MFC AppWizard(exe) Dialog based for the calling EXE and used Run-Time Dynamic Linking to the DLL. Tried a couple I different approaches base on what I found on the newsgroup and the usual help sites. I know that I need to keep the modeless dialog from going out of scope after it is created so this is what I tried two different methods so far but I still can't get the dialog to hang ar...

Outlook 2003 #6
I'm testing the Outlook 2003 functionality, and I like the New Mail Desktop Alert. Is it possible to enable to this feature without running Outlook. As far as I know, no "Otis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a7601c39374$f6f497a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm testing the Outlook 2003 functionality, and I like the > New Mail Desktop Alert. Is it possible to enable to this > feature without running Outlook. ...

Store Operation 2.0 In Item Property showing On Order 6 or so.Need
I my Store Operation 2.0 database in am showing some #s in on order. I alreddy all PO closed and I don't have any any back order and its still showing On Order Quantity (Different #s for different items) How do I make this On Order Quantity Zero "0" I am looking for SQL query Update Items Set OnOrder = 0 some thing like that but I dont know the Database field name for Onorder Please help me. ...

Header Default
When i want to choose a header to install on my document, i would like my default company document header to be a choice. I did not see an exact way to create this option. I have the header and cut/paste would be great if available and then to save it. What would the steps be to accomplish this? Thank You all. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 17:43:01 -0800,...

Looking for API Function for Overlaying two Icons,...
Hi, if i am right, i rememer a Windows API function, that could take a icon handle as input and draw a Exclamation icon on its lower-right surface. I remember these function as a very simple function, that could take a source icon handle, and/or a target icon handle and/or some additional flags, but i cant find these function. I am pretty sure that there was such a function in the windows API/Shell/GDI or wherever but i am relly sure, i just cant find it! Maybe i am wrong,... Does someone know these function? Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre b...

Quit creating duplicate desktop icons when doing upgrades/hotfix #2

area code changed
All around us the area codes are changing. How can I universally find and replace the area codes in my contacts? thanx ...