Variant type?

Hello

I have a switch statement, and I receive a vValue.vt
equal to 8204. I tested for VT_BSTR, VT_SAFEARRAY,... and
none of these type values = 8204.

What type value equals 8204?

Thanks,
Barbara

void myBC::ResponseCallback(VARIANT vValue)
{
[...]

     switch(vValue.vt)
     {
       case VT_I4 :      //VT_I4 has a value of 3
//       do something
         break;
       case VT_???       //What has a value of 8204 ?
//       do something
         break;
     }
}
0
barbann61 (2)
7/8/2003 11:34:31 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Customer Attribute Types
I am creating a customer form in CRM and would like to add a field that will allow a user to choose from a picklist, but be allowed to select more than one from the list. Is this possible? How? Thanks ...

Prohibited File Type?
If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it? Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also gives the same warning both before sending and to the recipient? The files In question are jpg files. Anyone advise please? Tools/Safety/Options/Security Uncheck - do not allow attachments to be save or opened - block images and other external content Check (op...

folder type for Notes folder incorrect
Hi. Earlier today I intalled FranklinCovey's PlanPlus 2.0 on my system running Outlook 2003 against Exchange 2003. After looking at the program I decided it was not for me and I uninstalled it. After I uninstalled PlanPlus my Notes shortcut stopped working. I thought that maybe the ost file got corrupted so I deleted it and resynced to Exchange with a new one, but the situation is still the same. Apparently, the folder type on Notes folder has changed to "Mail and Post items", so it's now showing up as one of my mail folders, and neither the notes shortcut or any of the note...

Word goes into wait wheel when I try to type
I have been working with a small Word document using Endnote with Word. = As I try to type a new word wait wheel (the wheel that shows up when you = are waiting for the computer to process something) comes on and wont = quit=20 unless I force quit. I tried using word alone, login off and retasting = with and=20 without Endnote, but the wheel comes up again as I try to type a new = word. =20 I cannot get it to work properly. Any ideas? What version of Word? Is this all documents or just one doc? Try removing the Endnote files from the Startup folder entirely (Apps/Office/Office/Startu...

How do I change numbers to negative without re-typing?
I have a large range of data that needs to be changed to negative numbers, Can I do this in Excel? ...

SOP Type Code for Fullfillment Order
I have some Crystal Reports that I use these SOP Type codes and was wondering about the Fullfillment Order? SOP Type Codes 1 – Quote 2 – Order 3 – Invoice 4 – Return 5 – Backorder ? – Fullfillment Order It is, unsuprisingly, 6. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "tstrop" <tstrop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55D6E542-B240-4F1A-9CBE-E66CB4E1CD81@microsoft.com... >I have some Crystal Reports that I use these SOP Type codes and was >wondering > about the Fullfillm...

Error of Type 1
Whenever I try to download a report from Quickbooks to Excel an error message pops up that says: The application Microsoft Excel has unexpectedly quit because of an error of type 1. Save work in another application and restart your computer. Does anyone know what this means? Thanks, Judy@maxamlabs.com Error of type 1 is the Mac OS 8/9 message for a memory violation. The most common cause is allocating too little memory to XL. With XL closed, select the application icon, and choose File/Get Info/Memory and increase the "preferred" memory allocation by 5MB or so, or at least 3 ...

Why can't I type in a date?
Something has always bugged me about Excel. If I type in a date, the width of the cell ALWAYS has to be wide enough to display the entire date; otherwise, it'll give me the "#####". If, say, I'm typing in today's date in A1, and there's nothing in B1, why won't it just bleed the text over to the adjoining cell? This happens regardless if I'm hardcoding a date, or if I do a formula like "+today()" Any way around this? Sometimes, I WANT to keep that particular cell a certain size. Thanks. Hi no way around this. As a date is a numeric value E...

how do i type hebrew right to left and the right letter should st. #2
When I type Hebrew from right to left the first letter on the right side moves to the left when I write the next letter ETC. It should stay in its place and the next hebrew letter should go to thje left of the first letter. PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE ANSWER ME AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS pisc@fcc.net THANK YOU Try going to the Format Menu. Choose Cells. On the Alignment Tab there should be a choice for Text direction. tj "pisc@fcc.net" wrote: > When I type Hebrew from right to left the first letter on the right side > moves to the left when I write the next letter ETC. It sh...

Slow Typing in PowerPoint when using Bullet format
We have a user working in PowerPoint 2008 on a MacBook Pro 2.6GHz with 2GB of RAM. She began noticing very sluggish typing and I decided to investigate. I found several things listed in forums to remedy the situation, but none seemed to apply. In working with her computer, I noticed that this behavior appeared if the text being typed was formatted using the Bullet and Number feature. If I simply typed my own bullet (option+8) typing speed was normal. I tried this on my Mac Mini and a G5 in the office just to see if it was a fluke and I had the same issue. Has anyone seen this behavior ...

Why compilator doesn't recognize my type ?
Hi! I try do something like that: enum state { MACSTATE_MODE0, MACSTATE_WAKINGUP, MACSTATE_ACTIVE, MACSTATE_POLLING, MACSTATE_IRDAWAIT }; void Irda::MAC_Host_dispatch(int evtid, void *evtdata) {..... Pstate=Action11((struct macframe*)evtdata); ....... } state Irda::Action11(struct macframe *macfp) {.....} //here is error 'state' : missing storage-class or type specifiers Why compilator doesn't recognize type 'state' ?? Is the enum define in a header file? Did you include the header file where you are trying to use the typ...

Scatterplots with different colors based on Type of Data
Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of data? E.g Type of Agreement MRP Discount% Limited 10 5% UnLimited 20 10% I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited. Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary) Please let me know. Thanks, Satish If I use this range to make a chart Limited 10 5% Unlimited ...

Table Field Data Type
I have a table called Equipment. I also have a report that displays all of the information in the Equipment table. When the report is opened a form pops up allowing the user to make a selection from one of four different combo boxes. After the selection is made and the user clicks Set Filter, the report is filtered to only show records based on the users selection. The problem I have is with a field in the Equipment table. It's an Item Number field with a data type set to Number. This form will only filter text data & I don’t know how to change that (there must be an easier way....

Values on 'y' axis
Hello, I just open an spreadsheet with some graphs I did a few days ago and it appears as if the values on the 'y' axis have been rounded up (0,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5....etc) instead of been in a scale (0, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2.....etc). The source data for the graph has not changed. I would appreciate it if someone could let me knwo why this has happened and how can I change it back. Thanks Format Axis/ Number/ Decimal places? You could try changing from Number to General? -- David Biddulph "Belcha" <Belcha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF141E22-C1C...

Hide Tender Type
Hi, I need to hide a tender type from the POS. The tender type must exist as it is used elsewhere. Can this be achieved? Best regards, Olan If you mean that you created a certain tender in headquarters because its needed at one of your stores but not others, simply delete this tender type using store ops manager at the store where the tender should not been seen in POS. Is this what you had in mind? "Olan" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to hide a tender type from the POS. The tender type must exist as it > is used elsewhere. > > Can this be achieved? > &g...

Advanced Financial Reports--Correct Type & Source
My Advanced Financial Reports have been modified and are incorrect. My Balance Sheet doesn't balance. It is subtracting Net Profit instead of adding it. Could someone please look at their Advanced Financial Report Definition Screen and tell me what the Type and Net Income/Loss Source is to be for Balance Sheet and Income Statement? I greatly appreciate the help. For my Balance Sheet, the Type is "Balance Sheet" and the Net Income/Loss Source is "P&L 2005", which is the name of my primary income statement. For my Income Statement, which is "P&...

Cant delete user defined default chart type
I have Excel 2003 I made a user defined default chart type and now every time i use excel the same chart comes up. I want to delete this and get back to Excel chart types. How do i do it? i dont have a delete button within charts. Woudl a systyem restore help? Under Chart Type, Custom Types. Select User defined option at bottom. Then, select all the charts you want to remove and hit the delete key. Note that if you delete the "default" chart, original defaults are restored. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "jenalee&q...

how to convert CString object to data type
how to convert CString object from a EDIT control to data number for calculation? Thanks, "Y Xu" <y.xu@qub.ac.uk> wrote in message news:OwriAJwiGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how to convert CString object from a EDIT control to data number for > calculation? sscanf() atoi() Dave -- David Webber Author MOZART the music processor for Windows - http://www.mozart.co.uk For discussion/support see http://www.mozart.co.uk/mzusers/mailinglist.htm ...

Ability to set different doc type defaults for different users
I would like to have the ability to set different document type defaults for different users. Currently SOP only allows one to be set. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defaul...

How to check the dll type?
I have a dll project to maintain, how to chwck what type of the DLL? Regular or Extension? All DLLs are essentially the same except for what they do and any protocols they follow. Someone else might have a better answer but I would ask you to define "regular" and "extension" in order to give you a specific answer. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1144693549.720079.310620@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >...

Changing Font Type of Entire Document
When I hit control-a to highlight the whole document to change the font type, I see only the single page is highlighted. There is no "Highlight Entire Story" like in older versions. How can I change the font of a long document? -- -- Robert Pearson ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music http://www.rspearson.com Are the text boxes linked? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "telicalbook" <telicalbook@aol.com> wrote in messa...

Some how I am unable to type / insert any letter or data in my of
My whole Microsoft program seems to be frozen. While I can access Word or Excel, bring up a work sheet or spreadsheet but I cannot type anything or insert any data. Each time I press a key I hear a bing sound and no letters or numbers appear. Though the cursor key is blinking. So whats the problem? What does the message in the status bar say? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "mariner338" <mariner338@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:106032FE-9491-4B8F-A97E-7E138F944A7B@mi...

Accepting Multiple Gift Cards in one Tender Type
We have many customers that come in with several gift cards (vouchers) that they want to use all in one transaction. Currently, the only feasable solution we can come up with is to set up several different tender types all called gift card. It works, but is messy. It sure would be nice to be able to accept more than one gift card all in one tender type. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butt...

Creating an autofill type function from a data validation box
I have a time keeping spreadsheet that has a data validation box to select the payperiod (ie 01/16/10 to 01/31/10, etc) and I need to have boxes for time entry with the dates above them auto complete for the date range for the pay period. I know it can be done, but I can't figure it out, eveything I try is leading me to a dead end. Go back to original thread and see my last reply. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:53:02 -0800, SethT <SethT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a time keeping spreadsheet that has a data validation box to ...

How can I activate the outlook-ribbon type in GP 10
I have seen PDF of GP 10 and the Outlook Ribbon type it shows. How can I activate the outlook-ribbon type in GP 10? Hi, You can find this ribbon enabled, when you select a specific options from the left hand side Navigation Pane for specific series. For instance, if you select the Series "Financial" from the Navigation Pane (Bottom Left), you can see a list of options displayed, such as Accounts, Account Transactions, etc. Now select any option, for instance "Accounts". You will be able to see the Ribbon with so many contextual options now. This Ribbon is restrict...