Validation in property page

I am building a property sheet and I want the constituent
pages to validate their data when OK is pressed. If the
data fails to validate, the property page should remain
on screen for the user to correct the data.

I've put the validation for each page into the page's OnOK
() handler and I only call CPropertyPage::OnOK() if the
validation succeeds. However, the page still disappears,
even if the validation fails.

So how to I stop the page from being destroyed?

--- Al.
0
anonymous (74722)
12/5/2003 11:43:41 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I must do a little more checking before posting questions
here!

Discovered the OnKillActive() handler. Property sheet now
does what I want.

--- Al.

0
anonymous (74722)

Worksheet properties
Hello, For some strange reason....all new worksheets that I insert into a workbook seem to right-to-left orientation. So the A column is located on the right hand side and the b column is located to the left of the a column. Does anyone know if this is a setting from the menu or an object that needs resetting in vb? thanks,Matt Matt, Look at Tools - Options - International - Default direction. I think this is only for a new workbook. Doesn't change existing ones. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Matt...

how do i do 3 data validations?
If i have a cell C18 with list values "25-51-91","25-51-82","25-51-54" "25-51-55","25-50-23" a cell c19 with list values"0", "1", "E" and cell C8 values "UA 115180-4, UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H, 3DF-A35-11D-G" and when i select C8= UA 115180-4 ,c18 should be "25-51-91" c19 should be 0 when i select UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H c18 shld be 25-51-82,25-51-54,25-51-55 cell c19 value should be 1 when i select 3DF-A35-11D...

GAL web page
How can I create a web page listing names and phone numbers (possibly couple other fields from AD). I have ran across several CDO or ADSI samples for Exchange 5.5, but w are running Exchange 2000. Does anyone have ideas or code for me? It must be out there. Ideally, I would like to expand it to an in/out checkboard type o thing. For now, just publishing the phone list will work - cgraham158 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread...

Validation Data & Goto question
Hi Everyone, I tried this on my own, but got a big headache and no result. I have an excel spread sheet with 9 columns and about 3000 rows of just text. One of the columns has vendor names (column F) and their products. So, for one vendor, there may be one or 100 products listed in rows until next vendor starts. On top of this column I have a "validation listbox" with the list of vendors. If I click & drop down the list, I can pick any one of the vendor names. Then I wanted to go to a row containing first occurrence of that vendor's name. Almost like one would be using V...

Cannot "Page Setup" feature
Good morning I have been editing a book of ca 170 pages. Up until last Thursday I could access "page setup", the "Column" feature of the "Index and Reference" etc. I do not know what I might have done; however, now the Table of Contents show only 20 pages even though the entire book is present, the "Page Setup" is grayed out and I cannot access it, and other features suich as restoring the two column format for the indices at the end of the book no longer function. Can you tell me what I may have done and how to fix it. I tried just copying ...

2 criteria cells used to select which validation list to use
Greetings All: (Excel 2003) I'm trying to "clean up" various workbooks and consolidate into one workbook (probably about 75 sheets, when done). I have come to the conclusion that, for clarity of my formulas, I should have used range names. I have the Name Manager, version 3.2 from Jan Karel, which hopefully will prove to be more than a little useful. My current problem relates to the use of validation, based on info from two cells, (either/or), and requiring a result of 1 of 2 validation lists. I hope the following is clear. Cell C3: Truck Cell D3 = 0 (not applicable) or 1...

Quest
does csvde has limitied attributes to export ? For quest cmdlets, i can use more properties/attributes, but i wish to pipe to csvde for export. Can it be done ? Why not just pipe to a csv file -- Richard Siddaway All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty PowerShell MVP Blog and PowerShell User Group: http://msmvps.com/blogs/RichardSiddaway/Default.aspx "IT Staff" wrote: > does csvde has limitied attributes to export ? > > For quest cmdlets, i can use more properties/attributes, but i wish to pipe > to csvde for e...

Office v.X updates disappeared from the Mactopia download page
Updates for Office v.X seemed to have disappeared from the main Mactopia download page. When I search for a 10.1.9 update, I see a link to an update, but that link takes you to the main Mactopia page where there aren't any Office updates except for Office 2004. Does anybody know how to get the Office v.X updates? An ftp site would work also. OK, I found it via a Google search at -<br> <br> &nbsp;<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C-9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en><br> <br> It's just pretty lame though that ...

Bitmaps' Page Display
How would small bitmaps be displayed on a page of a tab control. The bitmaps would need to be printed out similarly to text, line by line. Each line would contain at least ten small bitmaps.And there could be enough lines to continue past the end the visible tab page. Then a scroll control would be used. Is it possible to do this type of thing. ...

valid FirstName value
Hello everyone, Anyone know how to search for a valid FirstName in a field? eg.: Himansu Rich Anna Tom .... I don't want junk like this: AA, 0, "Himansu" 'Rich' Any assisatance will be greatly appreciated. Have a nice evening. Thanks, Himansu How about "Gert-Jan"? //Peter "Himansu" <himansu114@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u3#lXzwZKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Anyone know how to search for a valid FirstName in a field? > > eg.: > Himansu > Rich ...

Opening Page format
Using MS Publisher 2002, I want the opening page to show only a blank page, not a graphic showing - in a third of the screen - a selection of "scheme - options - designs" Help/advice will be appreciated. If it takes up a third of the page you must be using 640 x 480 - UNBELIEVABLE Go to menu Tools > Options tab General second item down - DE-select -- On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:44:07 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote: >If it takes up a third of the page you must be using 640 x 480 - >UNBELIEVABLE I'm not. > >Go to me...

Disappearing Page tabs
We recently had office 2007 installed on our XP computers. We save many spreadsheets on a network drive. Since the installation occasionally when we open Excel it will not show us the page tabs. We have hid and unhide the tabs using the options box. Is there a way to fix this? Lets hope we get a reply, I have same problem and asked again. Opened book with tabs, ran a macro to sort and print and tabs disappeared and I cant find. SG <cyclingmerlin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ff562108-d923-4f8f-8ac9-bf34d9c5cb76@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > We recently had office 2007 insta...

replace manual page breaks WITH section breaks
Hello everyone -- There is no problem searching FOR section breaks and replacing them WITH something else, but there seems to be no way to do the reverse -- there is no Section Break choice in the Replace With pop-up window. Typing in ^b just produces an error. Is there a way to do this? Thank you all, -Lynne Please ignore question, folks. I just found a workaround here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136260 -Lynne Here it "Elessvie" wrote: > Hello everyone -- There is no problem searching FOR section breaks and > replacing them WITH somethin...

Keeping Validation References When Breaking out Spreadsheets Using
Hello, I am using a version of Ron Debruin’s macro that breakouts spreadsheets into separate spreadsheets using a filter on a selected column. The issue that I am having is that I have a series of validation references located in the main sheet in hidden rows (rows 1-14 are hidden). I need to be able to retain these references in all the newly created sheets and retain the fixed references. How do I do this? Thanks in advance. Modified Ron Debruin Macro Sub FPR_Breakout_Worksheets() Dim calcmode As Long Dim ws1 As Worksheet Dim ws2 As Worksheet Dim WS...

Summing in page footer
In my page footer section of a report I need to have a "Subtotal" which is "NonTaxable" + "TaxableNetAmt". Sometime my TaxableNetAmt will be 0. How can I make the Subtotal be the sum of NonTaxable and TaxableNetAmt? I have tried many different ways and I get #error. My control source for NonTaxable is = [NetAmount] and the control source for "TaxableNetAmt" is TaxableNetAmt. Or will be entered on teh form... THanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200706/1 On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:41:10...

Memory for rendering a report page
Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a report page? If so, is it possible to increase the default? Type a question (i.e., Access specifications) on help filed of access window. -- HTP Adnan If I have helped and/or answered your question, please let me know by replying or clicking question answered (below positioned ‘Yes’ button). "anthony" wrote: > Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a report page? > If so, is it possible to increase the default? > anthony wrote: >Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a r...

How do I get Front Page 2003 to work with Windows7
I have been using FrontPage 2003 to update our website. Last month I updated my computer to Windows7 and Office 2007. Several days later I try to log on to Front page and receive the following message : " The operating system is not presently configured to run this application. Load failed Cannont load MSO.DLL" Has anyone had a similar experience? Or any advice? Change the compatibility to Windows XP. (BTW, if you search this newsgroup, you'll see this issue has been addressed many times._ -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 -----...

Center on Page

insert multiple page Word document into Excel
How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the Word document? Hi this is IMHO not the way Excel will work (and I doubt this is possible) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S.W." <S.W.@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D7087D76-A4F3-46BB-90A9-FEB054B24AEB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view > the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the > Word doc...

Epson Stylus NX515 does not print, not even a Test page
I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not print. Not even a test page. Here is a link to Epson trouble shooting site. Make sure when you want to print you pick your printer if there is a list of printers. "Ritter197" wrote: > I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is > also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not > print. Not even a test page. > > . > http://www.epson.com...

How to create a Sub validation list in excel?
How can i make a validation list that is dependant on a value in a cell from another validation list, for eg I choose the make of a car from a list then the list next to that changes to the models of that particular make of car, is this possible and if so please could you enlighten me See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BC9D8ED-243C-4376-9C9D-4F1F65AFACBD@microsoft.com... > How can i make a validation list that is dependant on a value in a ce...

How to see ... Property, Details in a message
Greetings from Italy, I need to know IP of some messages I receive with Outlook (not Outlook Express) When I used Outlook Espress this was very easy: File, Properties, Details, Original message Using Outlook (2002) this seem to me impossible: How can I do ?Thank you Loplop Loplop wrote: > I need to know IP of some messages I receive with Outlook Right-click on the message, Options. Or open the message in its own window and use View -> Options. Or get the PocketKnife Peek add-on (free). > When I used Outlook Espress this was very easy: File, Properties, > Details, Or...

Error Msg: Parameters values not valid
When I attempt to drag an e-mail message to the outlook bar task folder to create a task I get an error message: "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". The denied funtionality is useful shortcut. Any ideas why I have lost this shortcut to create tasks? Thank you for any suggestions - Dee Can you create new, blank Task items in your Tasks folder? Try opening your Tasks folder and selecting Save Task Order from the Actions menu. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www....

calculations do not update unless page is saved
I have an excel 2003 workbook with 32 tabs the first set of tabs are named according to the date 09-01-09 the last two tabs total all the important info one is 1st - 15th other is 16th - 30th on my total pages the first column is the date 09-01-09 (as Text) and i use the indirect function in my formulas to refer to the individual tab names.. everything works and calculates but it doesnt happen On-the-fly like excel usually does i have to actually hit save for any calculations to update even on the individual tabbed dates formulas like A1+A2 dont display a result untill saved.. did...

Continue page numbering from previous document while Indexing
Hi! I have a very long document that I have split into several smaller documents to work on and consequently, I have set the page numbering for each subsequent according to the last page of the previous document: "Document #1: Page 1-500" "Document #2: Page 501-750" "Document #3: Page 751-900" However, when I do Indexing in Document #2, regardless of the page number I have set up, it reverts to Page 1 when updating the Index and resets the entire page numbering in that document. How can I 'force' the Indexing to recognize the subsequent pag...