Using Visual C# Class Lib(DLL) within MFC

Hello There:
is it possible to use a DLL created by Visual C# Class Library(DLL) in MFC
Application?

Regards

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm haveing trouble using 256 colours my toolbar?
Has anyone else had trouble using more than 16 colours on a toolbar? when I edit the bitmap it will let me but when editing the toolbat from the resource menu it moans? Try this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/miscellaneous/article.php/c2521 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:989752AD-0EFE-430A-AD47-9FBC50DBF1D1@microsoft.com... > Has anyone else had trouble using more than 16 colours on a toolbar? > > when I edit the bitmap it will let me but when editing the t...

How do I use the templates for job cost tracking?
I work for a design/built firm. We provide customers with a typed (Excel) job estimate. We then use this estimate in-house to maintain cost versus estimate. We need a template(?) so we can pull some of the information out for simple reporting purposes. Vicki, First open a new workbook, set the worksheet just the way you want,column width, row height, format cells, put the formulas in that you want. When it perfect, (before someone gives added input on what it should look like,and they will). "File", "Save As", Name the file someething that you can easily remember, ...

How can I type within a cell like it is a word document?
Hi, Is there a way to type text within a cell where I can choose the position of the text by clicking within the cell like you can within a word document? I'd like to be able to easily type in something like this: YOU: ME: No I can not do that! (happy) Yes you can! And be able to select the placement of my text WITHOUT having to hold down the cursor to push it forward. Thanks! I...

Export DataTable to XML using XSL file
Hi I'd like to get a populated datatable, create an in memory xml document (file shouldn't be more than a couple of meg), load an XSLT file, do a transform and stream it to a browser. What am I Missing please? MemoryStream strm = new MemoryStream(); XmlWriter writer = XmlWriter.Create(strm); DataTable dataTbl = new myBLL().GetAll(); dataTbl.WriteXml(writer); // Load the style sheet. XslCompiledTransform xslt = new XslCompiledTransform(); xslt.Load(Server.MapPath("~/docs/Accounts.xsl")); // Execute the transform and output the results to a file. xslt.Transform(?, f...

MAPI was unable to load the information service emsabp.dll
Hi there, the problem is as follows: On a Windows2003 Server (without Exchange 2003 or 5.5. or whatever) we installed the 5.5 Admin Client (and just the admin client) with SP4. We have to do so, because a third party application is in need of the Mapi32.dll of the Admin client. When starting the admin client and trying to connect to an Exchange 5.5 server, the error message : "Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server. ...... MAPI was unable to load the information service emsabp.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.&q...

Use Current Normal Template with "My Templates"
It appears that when I use one of my "My Templates" that the doc is using the styles at the time I created the template rather than the current Normal Template styles. If that is correct, how do I set all of "My Templates" (these are mostly just stationery headings) so as to have them use my current Normal Template styles etc.? Thanks for any tips. -- Norm Hi Norm: You can't. You cannot attach a Template to a Template. What you "can" do is copy the styles from one template to another using the Organiser. Go to Format>Style and ...

how can I use bullets in an excel cell?
Hold down alt and type 0149 on the numpad It's not formatting like in Word just a bullet looking character -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F23FB76B-E004-46BF-BE76-9BF68E6E3762@microsoft.com... > ...

use m_wndStatusBar in CView
I wonder how to use CMainFrame's m_wndStatusBar in CView. Do I need to change wndStatusBar's property from protected to public? William Provide an access to the object, something like, CStatusBar& GetStatusBar(); etc. Keep in mind though that you can modify and updates various panes of statusbar in the View or any CCmdTarget object that appears in MFC's command routing mechanism by using ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI and SetIndicators. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Thanks Ajay Kalra. > Provide an access to the object, something like, CStatusBar& > GetStatusB...

How to detect system date change in MFC
Hi, I am developing a secruity surveillance application, where i am recording videos from a CCTV camera. I have to record the videos in that particular days directory in date tree format. The thing is when the system date changes to a different date i should be able to detect that and start recording the videos in a different directory. I know i can use the settimer and ontimer functions, but say the settimer is called at 23.30 and the duration is set to 1 hr then the ontimer event will fire at 00.30 am its already half an hour into the next day. Is there any inherent way of detecting the sys...

Using banner paper Publisher 2002
Can you use banner paper in Publisher 2002? I am fairly new to the app and I have searched high and low and can't seem to figure out if I can use it and if so how? Any thougths? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Tracy Buthe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Can you use banner paper in Publisher 2002? I am fairly > new to the app and I have searched high and low and can't > seem to figure out if I can use it and if so how? What size banner paper are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvp...

"Send To... Mail Recipient" from Office programs using a newer version of Outlook
Greetings, When using the "Send To... Mail Recipient" from Office programs of an earlier version with respect to Outlook, you receive a message such as: "Program can't load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation." In reference MS KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;828509 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=280962 It appears as if Microsoft acknowledges this as a problem, but considering the number of versions of Office/Outlook that experience thi...

mfc app and mfc dll linking problems
I have a MFC dialog app which needs to connect to a MFC dll The DLL has been created, and after getting over the initial linker problems by using __declspec(dllimport) and (dllexport) the project now builds and tries to launch. I now get an unhandled exception that only one winapp at a time can run. As my MFC app was created as a winapp, and the dll was created as a winapp, how do I get around this problem? Which one does not need to be CWinApp, and how do i change it? If you have a regular DLL, you will have a WinApp object as well. It can coexit with your main exe. Thats not the issue. I...

MFC Desktop application, child window
hi , I have MFC application, Dialog based,Desktop application and i would like to open child window,from a button in the main window i would like to add free text input in the edit control and child window with combo box control that i can recieve the data after the user configuration. Any code sample will help. Thanks What part of that process are you having trouble with? Use the AppWizard (File/New/Project/Visual C++/MFC/MFC Application) to create a dialog based application. Use the Resource Editor to place buttons on the dialog box. Use the Resource Editor to create new dialogs...

How to use Form Filter in VB as an event.
Works correctly: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" FilterOn = True When I add the Or statement and use the 'Like' I get a syntax error. Like this: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" Or "[Project Name] Like '*" & Forms![Master Search]!Text64 & "*'" FilterOn = True what is wrong with statement above? <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1192638605.609429.195410@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Works correctly: > Forms![Maste...

Use Multi-Select List Box as Query Parameter
Is there a way to get the multiple selections from a list box into my query as the parameters? You need to use VBA. http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0007.htm at "The Access Web" is an example, although personally I prefer using code more similar to http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0005.htm since it generates shorter criteria. (The first one generates a criteria like Field1 = Value1 Or Field1 = Value3 or Field1 = Value4, while the second one generates a criteria like Field1 In (Value1, Value2, Value3)) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-...

MSChart and C++
Hello, I want to use the MSChart-Control to display data. I have a mfc-programm. Two questions: - the wrapper class I generate with Vc8 or VC7 is only mschart2.h and ...cpp, with vc5 I got a lot of classes (CVcAxis, .. ). So I copy the classes from vc5 into the vc7 project ?! - I want to have the selected bar - I need the column and the row. So I use the message 'PointActivatedMschart1()'. But this message is only fired, if I hit the point exactly. Is it possible to change the surroundings of this point. Or is there another message where I get column and row of...

Using CStrings in a cosole application
Hi, I've created a new VS6 'Win32 console application' , and created a 'Hello world" application. Now, I want to use CStrings. I add #include <afx.h>, and declare CString s; compilation ends ok , but the linker gives two errors: nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex I cant work around this. I tried every #include I could think of, but no help. How can I do it? Thanks Dudu Arbel you need to link with mfc library. link with mfc42.l...

Can I use Sumproduct with the LEFT Function?
Hi, I'm using xl 2007. I need to sum figures in column B if the relevant cell in column F has an entry that starts SM. I was trying to use SUMPRODUCT but I can't seem to get the right way of using the LEFT function to stipulate when to include the figure in col B. I was hoping not to use an array formula just because I'm the only person here who understands them. My question is; as SUMPRODUCT is numerical and LEFT is text based, is that a bad mix? if so, how should I go about it please? I know I could hive off the first 2 characters and mark a cell 1 or 0 according to...

using the MOD funktion in excel 2003
start time 11:00:00 PM (A3) end time 3:00:00 AM (B3) i am trying to use mod to work out the number of hours that a person worked using excel so i used the following formula =mod(B3-A3,1) i keep getting the following error #Name? thanks in advance for any help i can get -- a2apple =mod() shouldn't cause an error. My first guess... If you look at the column headers, do you see A, B, C, ... or do you see 1, 2, 3, ... If you see numbers, try changing this: tools|Options|General Tab|uncheck R1C1 reference style And reenter the formula. === Or maybe =mod() is called a different n...

How to preserve null value in a access calculated field using iif
Hi, I have a field in sql server table named hasmajor. Now this field is of type smallint. The front end is access connected to sql server via odbc. Now the field value in Access for this field is: 1 0 0 1 0 1 I am using a function =IIf([HasMajor],"Y","N") as the control source for another column that will display the above field value as Y N. I am expecting the values of the above field in the calculated column as the following: Y N N Y N Y This means I am expecting neither N or Y when there is null value. However the null value is being displayed as N. I have ...

How do I use <= in a lookup array?
Hi I'm trying to write a function where when you input a value in 1 cell, the formula will check the number and return a value in another cell. So far I have this: =LOOKUP(A5,{60,100,150,200,250,300,350,400,450,500,600,700,750,800,900,1000,1250,1500,1750,2000},{0.3,0.46,0.64,0.79,0.94,1.07,1.21,1.4,1.59,1.78,2.15,2.52,2.71,2.9,3.27,3.64,4.52,5.4,6.28,7.16} This is all very well but I want it to test for less than or equal to for every value in the first array, putting <= next to the numbers generates an error. I've tried using brackets but still it errors any help would be grate...

How do I validate data using different lists based on the data in.
How do I validate data using different lists based on the data in another cell? There are instructions here for dependent data validation lists: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Shannon wrote: > How do I validate data using different lists based on the data in another cell? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How to use Shared Mailboxes in Exchange 2007
Hi, I'm a bit emberassed to even ask this questions, because it seems to be so totally basic. I'm experimenting with Exchange 2007 in a VM, in order to prepare for the migration of our rather small environment. Right now, we have used a mail enabled public folder to handle incoming e-mails to info@ and similar adresses. The best replacement with exchange 2007 seems to be shared mailboxes. So i created one, using New-Mailbox -shared, and the Mailbox appears. But how to use it? I've added it as a secondary mailbox in my Outlook 2007, but i don't have permissions for it (which...

MFC-app starting WINDOWS Screensaver window z-order problem
Hi! I wrote an MFC-app using VC++.NET 2003, which starts a screensaver using CreateProcess(). It also terminates the screensaver using TerminateProcess() / CloseHandle(). If the user activates mouse/keyboard before my app terminates the screensaver-process, the screensaver terminates itself and the z-order and focus-handling of open windows somehow gets mixed up. this just happens when I use CreateProcess(), when I use PostMessage(WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_SCREENSAVE, 0) for the standrad-screen-saver, everything works fine, but I dont want to use this approach. maybe the system uses different CreateP...

Using VBA to create tasks
I am trying out creating tasks in VBA. This works fine. I have tried to implement VBA to monitor incoming mails and converting them to tasks based on some criteria. But this does not seem to be working. My code is based on the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;235852 which allows users to add ItemAdd event to outlook to monitor incoming mails. This event(ItemAdd) does not seem to be firing at all. If anyone has tried this one out and have it working, please let me know what I am doing wrong. I am using MS Outlook 2000 Client btw. Thanks, ...