User Authentication

Hello All

I want to authenticate a windows user i cant use LogonUser because the
client user may not have SE_TCB_NAME privilage i am using SSPI but in case
of error i does not provide exact error message: For example if the user is
not allowed to log on the domain from the this computer. SSPI gives an
internal SSPI error rather than informing that the user is not allowed to
login from this computer.

Is there any other way to authenticate domain and Local users.

Thanks in Advance!
Faisal Mansoor

0
fmansoor (11)
7/14/2004 1:17:44 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Preventing other users saving another version of protected workboo
I have protected a workbook with locked cells and unlocked cells that can be edited. I would like to prevent the user from "saving as" and abusing the protection. Is this possible? Saving As will not alter the protection. "Laura Cook" <laura.cook@strand.ltd.uk.(nospam)> wrote in message news:B8ED3CA2-108C-48D3-8D08-FA233E136A7B@microsoft.com... >I have protected a workbook with locked cells and unlocked cells that can >be > edited. I would like to prevent the user from "saving as" and abusing the > protection. Is this possible? ...

Outlook User Profiles help!
Still need help! Does anyone understand what is happening? >-----Original Message----- >I changed the mesaage tracking prefs (read receipt >notifications, etc.), the change was applied to both user >profiles. I added a signature to one profile it added it >my other profile. I also made one account to default as >plain text and it changed both! It it supposed to work >that way? > >>-----Original Message----- >>Which settings are youi trying to change? >> >>-- >>Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP >>Author of >> Microsoft Outlook ...

Exchange server 2007 x64 export and import User mailbox
How I can export and import User mailbox with exchange server 2007 x64 using command line or any way. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998579(EXCHG.80).aspx http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb691363(EXCHG.80).aspx -- Mark Fugatt Premier Field Engineer - Unified Communications Microsoft Limited This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights "Yousef aljaafari" <Yousefaljaafari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D79AF50D-5FE7-452A-BF94-8A457ACB9ED9@microsoft.com... > How I can export and import...

Saving Input on User Form to Hidden Worksheet
I have a User Form that once it is filled in, it updates several other Work Books from different Control Buttons. I need to save the Input on the User Form in one of the Wook Books, so that if the Work Book is opened again the User Form automatically Fills back in. Would the Information on the User Form be saved on a hidden Work Sheet in the Work Book that I want to save it in? Any Ideas on how to achive this? You must write code to save and reload informations like this. Lots of ideas. Where to save is a question of what's practical. You can write to a sheet in the ...

Excel macro or command button to search using a user form
I have a user form which shows info about each student. I want to be able to enter a student's name in a textbox and have all the fields on the form populated with the student information. You need to be a lot more specific on what you are wanting else we have to make a lot of assumptions. I would recommend using a combobox instead of a textbox. This way you can utilize the Change Event and have the students info. automatically filled in the rest of your userform. I will assume you have a list of students in Sheet1 in Col. A. Just set the RowSource property of the c...

unexpected error when deleting users in PDK
Hi all, i have recently been handed down GP and PDK. i can't say that i know much of it, so please excuse me if i'm asking stupid questions. in the Setup>System>User window, i have ran out of licenses. i have been trying to delete old employee to free up licenses. but when i select a user to delete and press on the 'delete' button, i get an error message saying that an unexpected error occured, and to contact the SQL Server administrator. the user is not deleted, and my licenses are still 0. however, i do noticed that even though i get an error, the database u...

user id or team id is missing
Thanks to everyone's help I've been able to import into the CDF/DMF successfully (or so I believe). However when weh I run the Migration tool, I receive for what appears to be every record: The user id or team id is missing. My users have licenses. I've run ListUmappedUsers and there are no unmapped users. I've run MapUser for all bad users previously. I'm not sure what this means and how to import my data. Please help. I've seen other similar posts, but no clear resolution. When you imported the records into the CDF did each record have an "owner" c...

Allow the user to void a PM Payment Schedule.
It would be convenient if I could void a PM Payment schedule. We set one up for a client and it turned out the payment amount was off by $0.10. The lender charged them a late fee. Now I've set up and NEW schedule, but I need to kill off the old one. I'll have to do that through SQL scripts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micr...

How can the users can choose more than one addressee?
Hi all, In a database of mine I have a combo box in which the users can choose an address to send email to. However, I think that in many cases the users will wish to send the same email to mor than one addressee. How can I rebuild the combo box so that the users can choose more than one addressee? Thank you very much in advance. Jo A Combo Box will only allow one selection. To be able to make multiple selections, you will need to use a List Box. They work much like a Combo Box with a few exceptions. The main difference is how you retrieve the selections. With a combo box, if you...

Moving users to another OU results in unable to receive mail
Hi, We have got a problem where I cannot get my hands on. In our exchange organization we use different aliasses for e-mail addresses (@company.nl, @company.com, etc). We recently got another company and of course the emails have to be deliverd in exchange. We took all te arrangements and mail get delivered. To seperate the new company users from the @company users, we created a sub OU in the OU were the user accounts are located. And then the trouble begin. I moved the user from the new company to this OU and they do not receive e-mail on there @company.com address but they do receiv...

Shared 2007 Workbook, 3MB, 15 users, locks up after 2-3 hours of u
I) Scenario: A 3Mb Excel 2007 workbook with a single tab sheet is shared between 10 to 15 users who make changes to unprotected cells only and save regularly after every change is made. Each user makes about 100 to 200 saved changed over an 8 hour shift and a time span of 2-3 weeks. Networked PCs have 2GB RAM with users accessing 3 to 5 other programs besides Excel (Outlook, Acrobat, LPS, Company Intranet site, Internet sites,...) II) Issue/symptoms: a. everything works smoothly for 1 hour or 2, then some users start to get the message that the sheet is locked and they need t...

Macro Error when moved Xcel Sheets from User's Home Dir to Networ
Hello Xcel spreadsheets Copied from User's Network Home Folder to Another Network Folder. copy \\network\home\userA\*x.s \\network\REPGROUP Getting "object variable or with block.." What else I need to copy, when copying from one network location to another. I reverted back to old way, still same problem Thanks Basheer Use FileCopy to copy files. -- Jim "Basheer" <Basheer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:744DF6C5-96B3-48B2-99AF-657487D87FCD@microsoft.com... | Hello | Xcel spreadsheets Copied from User's Network Home Folder to Another...

Prevent specific user from sending email
Hi All, We have a unique situation with one of our staff members. I have received a request to allow him to continue to receive mail, however restrict his ability to send mail. This restriction would not just affect email out to the Internet, but also other emails sent to the other internal Exchange/Outlook 2003 users. Is this even something that is possible? Thanks! Alex. _____________________ Alex Shivers sure...set the prohibit send limit to 1K... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Alex Shivers" <AlexShivers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE07A5F2-EC...

How to generate different series of document nos for different users..
We would like GP 8.0 to auto-generate different document numbers for each user. For example: User A will be assigned INV document numbers 1-100 and User B will assigned INV document numbers 101-200 and so on. Is that possible in GP 8.0? If so, how do I go about it? Any ideas? Thanks very much in advance for you help. -Surendra It would have to be a customized solution. VBA or Dexterity are your best bets, for now. With GP 9 you will be able to use Visual Studio 2005 to create customizations, too. "Surendra" wrote: > We would like GP 8.0 to auto-generate different do...

Reading other users 'sent items' folders
Hi all, When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for others to view the sent items folder? This does not appear as an option. Alternatively is there any other method to implement this? Many thanks - ras - Hi Craig! In Outlook you can right-click on Sent Items, select Properties, open Permissions tab and delegate appropriate permissions for other users. R.V. "Craig Pilkington" wrote: > Hi all, > > When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for > others to view the sent items folder? This does n...

CRM 1.2 Basic Authentication with SSL
I�ve red from �Overview of Changes for Microsoft CRM Version 1.2� article the following: 7. Question: Does Microsoft CRM version 1.2 support other Authentication methods? Answer: Microsoft CRM version 1.2 supports NTLM, NTLM with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Basic Authentication with SSL. I�ve checked these Authentication methods experimentally and Microsoft CRM 1.2 Web UI works correctly. But our adapter failed executing: BizUser.WhoAmI() methods in case Basic Authentication and Windows Integrated Authentication with SSL (401 Access Denied). Adapter works properly just in case of Windows I...

Shared Calendars not Displaying User Name
Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched and running on XP Pro SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please. At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all are headed "Calendar". Not very useful :-( TIA, Bill http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

insert WPF user control in ppt slide
Any way to insert WPF user control in ppt slide? Thanks, Vatia ...

Per User "Mark as Read"
We have a number of users that, as well as their own e-mail address, share a common group one. The group mailbox shows the status 'Read' for all users when the first user marks it as read, for whatever reason. Is there a way that each user can have his own read status? We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR1 Thanx. ...

OWA Form based authentication
Hello Newsgroup ! I have a question. Does someone of you know how to access the mailbox of another user when form based authentication is enabled? Without FBA enabled it is servername/exchange/user@doamin.com. I don't know how to access the mailbox directly from the logon page when FBA is enabled. Thank you in advanced Br Markus ...

Sending xls files to pc xlsx users

Business portal 4.0 Admin user
Is there any other BP role who can add new uers to the BP site besides Administrator? I want to be able to restrict what they can see - and with the Admin role, they can see everything... thanks LCL, Thanks for using the newsgroups. There is not an out of the box group other than BP Administrator that gives users the ability to add users to the BP site. Your question is very specific to SharePoint functionality. I'm not sure if SharePoint itself allows this, but you could pose this question to a SharePoint newsgroup. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance M...

able to see all users mailboxes
Hi all, what privileges should a user have to see all the other user's mailboxes...? Regards, Zoran In news:ep3stdZBGHA.2476@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Kizetoni <kizetoni@mail.ru> typed: > Hi all, > > what privileges should a user have to see all the other user's > mailboxes...? > > Regards, Zoran See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821897 Thanx for the link! In that article, when they refer to " locate the database you want to have full mailbox access to ", what do they mean? Do they mean going into Exchange System Man...

User not Getting Some External E-mail but Message Tracking says He Is
Exchange 2000 SP4, Outlook XP. External email from a particular person apparently does not get delivered to one user's Exchange mailbox even though Message Tracking shows that it has. Another user gets the same external email in his mailbox OK. I have asked the user who isn't getting mail to check to see if he hasn't created a rule to move mail from this person to another folder. Any other ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Sorry! Should have posted in Exchange 2000! "Bill Glidden" <billyg1943@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OB2PIpDMGHA.500@TK2...

i share my copmuter. how can i setup seperate new user account
hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter with another users Maybe asking in a newsgroup dedicated to Outlook would be better. sofia wrote: > > hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter > with another users -- Dave Peterson Connect to an Outlook newsgroup through.............. http://aumha.org/nntp.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 05:39:01 -0700, sofia <sofia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter >with anoth...