USB Mass Storage Medium change and re-enumeration

Hi,
I have a MFC mass storage application, it provides the login/logout function
which  switch between partitions, the function works well in Win2000/XP; Ex:
the jump-to partition pop-up after login, but I found it doesn't work in
Win98/ME, after login, the OS NOT try to do medium-change as in XP, because
98 doesn't issue TestUnitReady periodically as in XP, so the device have no
chance to inform OS the medium-change event(switch partition), thus may cause
blue screen by partition information mismatch sometimes.

How to inform OS the medime-change event so the jump-to partition could
pop-up?
Even more how to make the OS re-enumerate my device(issue setup command), so
that I could change my device property from "Mass storage" to "Mass storate +
HID" ??

I appreciate any help.

Chandler
0
Chandler (26)
11/15/2005 6:09:04 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sales Process (Changing)
HELP ! We had implemented and named our main sales process for our opportunities. Everything was great and reporting/forecasting was working fine. We went back and fine tuned our original sales process (added a stage and tasks, etc) and now the system looks at the original process and the updated process as two SEPARATE processes. Any new opportunity after the change to the original process has the same name, but shows up statistically as a new process with different stages ! How do we prevent tis in the future if we need to update the original sales process ? There must be any easy ...

PAB DOMAIN CHANGE for hundreds of address entries
Anyone know how to change all email domains in the PAB file at once? My company name changed with our emil domain and I have over 1000 entries. I'm looking to make a universal change, but cannot figure out how to import changes to PAB file. I can import to CONTACTS but not PAB, which I keep separate. Thanks. .. >Anyone know how to change all email domains in the PAB >file at once? Outlook 2000 and up don't use the PAB. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is ...

How can i change the color in the task pane?
The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is there a way to change it? Create a custom color scheme. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flag Girl" <Flag Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D4BDF4-EBE1-44EC-8F13-40197CEB37F2@microsoft.com... > The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is > there a way to change it? ...

Change a positive number to negative number
I have a column of positive numbers that I need to change to negativ numbers. Is there an easy way to do this? Right now I manualy make th change. Thank you, Pa -- patowen ----------------------------------------------------------------------- patowens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2456 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38155 patowens, put -1 in an empty cell, copy that cell, select the numbers you want to change, right click and paste special, check multiply, OK. -- Paul B Always backup your data before tr...

BP4 Requisitions
Hi, We had a user that had access to Business Portal and Requisition Management and was able to use this successfully. Then she got married and her surname changed. The IT department changed her surname in AD (without deleting the old username). Since then the Business Portal will not work for this user. If you look at the addition\search of AD users from within Portal\Sharepoint it appears as though the updated AD information has not been updated here. Please advise the steps to correct\configure correctly. Ideally the IT department do not want to have to delete a user and then recrea...

Enumerated types
I have clearly failed to understand the syntax of enumerated types. Having declared :- Enum ACGroup A = 1 B C D End Enum I cannot then access the members of the group. With J as a variable byte, the compiler baulks at ACGroup.J or ACGroup(J). I simply wish to return A…D for values of J between 1 and 4, respectively. There are other ways of doing this, of course, and, in this trivial example, probably better ways, but it would be nice to have this option available. One alternative I could try, in the mean time, is to declare a string array and access ...

Can't change Passport
Trying to change Passport in MS Money 2005 Premium. Password Manager tells me to turn off remote access. Don't have option "Access your Money data on the Web" in Money Online Services. What should I do? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance... Nickolay In microsoft.public.money, sitkarev@gmail.com wrote: >Trying to change Passport in MS Money 2005 Premium. > >Password Manager tells me to turn off remote access. > >Don't have option "Access your Money data on the Web" in Money Online >Services. How about under Tools->Settings ? Thanks Cal...

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...

Changing field settings on multiple columns in pivot report...How
You have brought up a pivot report but it defeaults to count for all columns. Can you change all to max with one operation? Thanks You can't manually change all the calculations to MAX with one step. You can change each field individually, by double-clicking on it, and changing the summary function. Or, you can use programming to change all the data fields. For example: Sub MaxAllData() 'changes data fields to MAX Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField For Each pt In ActiveSheet.PivotTables For Each pf In pt.DataFields pf.Function = xlMax Next pf Next...

HELP! Need Access DB to show realtime changes in different location
Hi Guys, I was wondering about how access refreshes it's data within forms and it seems that it doesn't. If i have a form open in one location on a network and update fields on the form the changes are not shown on the form opened in another location. (I.e. if 2 users are in the same form at the same time and one adds a new record the other users form will not show this change). Is there anyway that Access can be setup to show real-time changes over multiple locations? Preferably without having to do a manual refresh by clicking a button or something. All i want to do is show change...

Cntl Key move/select to change in value
Just another convenience key sequence to make my life easier. Sure, maybe I could do it with a macro. But, it seems like a nice little obvious addition to regular functionality. Cntl-Alt down arrow moves you down to where the value changes. Cntl-alt-shift selects to change. Up, down, right, left of course. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the s...

historical inventory transfer cost change
Hi Everyone, we have a scenario where we need to change the cost of inventory receiving/adjustment in history and also want this change to be reflected in all transfer entries of history based on the new cost. example: ======== (1) purchase 100 items @ $10 on 1st-Jan (2) transfer 20 items to other site @ $10 on 10th-Jan (2) transfer 50 from in same site with on-hand to in-use @ $10 on 20th-Jan now if i use the adjust cost utility and change the price of (1) from $10 to $15 then GP does it with no problems as far as GL and purchase transaction (1)is concerned but what we want is that tra...

insert row at each change of surname in excel
I have a list of 650 entries using 40 surnames - sometimes only appearing once, others 7 times. At every change in surname, I would need to insert a row. Thanks -- De something like this sub insertrows() for i=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row to 2 step -1 if cells(i-1,"a")<>cells(i,"a") then rows(i).insert next i end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A3842A9-B2E7-4BCA-97B5-2D05917A2454@microsoft.com... >I have a list of 6...

MS Exchange and Server 2003
Hey, At my company we run MS server 2003 and exchange 5.5. I want to send an email with an attachment to about 7500 users. we have IBM blade server with t1 connections. we have distribution list ready to go. What i want to know is that am i taking any chances in crashing the system. will this have any effect on the server. Thanks DJ ...

Re: Uploaded version links & images not there
> Because the images (and other pages) are on your PC right where Publisher > put them but they are not on the web server because you failed to upload > them or uploaded them to the incorrect path. > I encourage you to review my upload tutorial at > www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm and suggest reviewing the FAQ page as well for > common issues like this. > If you need more "ideas", I recommend you use our web forum at > microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign in addition to my web site. > > -- > David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP > Visit www.davidbartosik.c...

Can't change autocorrect options
Most of my "proofing" options are gray-ed out in Outlook 2007, so I can't choose initial capitalizations, for example. All options in the "When correcting spelling in Outlook" are not available, while those above it (When correcting spelling in Microsoft Office programs) are available for changing. Similarly, the only autocorrect changes i can make is to add items to the "Replace text as you type" list -- all other tabs on the page, and other options are unavailable (gray-ed out). Thanks in advance for your help. Do you have outlook installe...

How to change the SMTP Server in CRM
How can I change the SMTP Server after the installation? I follow the instructions on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906471 but I could not send anything. Does anybody can help me? -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization Hello, Some time ago I solved this by just reinstalling the CRM server software using an existing database. Be carefull when you enter the SMTP settings. Do not use default settings because this assumes you are running SMTP on your ...

File storage
Where and how are the files stored in the crm database for a note attachment, I need to download the file for a certain event and save it in a folder on machine without the download dialog box appearing. is it the version column of annotationbase where i only see binary,how do i query database in this case ,I am unable to do through the howto method of downloading ...

Changing Default Tabs
I created a document in Publisher 2002. I changed the default tabs to .125". When I reopen the document, all the tabs are at .5" and it messes up all the formatting. Why doesn't the new default setting of .125 "stick"?, and how can I fix this? Thank you. Was the file from an earlier version of Publisher? Custom tabs that you previously set in Publisher 2000 are not saved when you save a publication in Publisher 2002 or in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891825/en-us This article could be helpful. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.co...

change formula for trendline settings
Hi I am Karthik. I wanted to know how to change the formula for the trendline setting(power function) form the default cx^b to c*(x-e)^b. I am in urgent need of it so if any would reply to this I would be very thankful to them. Thanks in advance. Regards, Karthik. Excel has no native way to accomplish this transformation. I suppose I would try to hack something using Solver. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "karthikpoly" <karthikpoly@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

How to change form detail section height?
Hi All, This ought to be simple, but it's stumping me. I have a form (Access 2002) with a form header and footer and detail section. I have a combobox and label I want to have appear and disappear based on the setting of a check box. I also want the detail section to shorten up when I hide the controls. When hiding the controls, I set their 'Visible' properties to False, then set their 'Top' properties to 0 to get them out of the area to be shrunk. Finally, I set the detail section's 'Height' property to a smaller value. To bring them bac...

Change Header of mail in outlook
Hello, Excuse for my very bad englis. I want to change the header of mail for grouping the mail in my outllook windows Somme mail are "Patric DES_DUB@xxx.com" another mails are "Patric DES DUB@xxx.com", another "DES DUB Patric@xxx.com" or "DES_DUB Patric@xxx.com" but it'a same personne. When Oulook group the mail by the sender, it finds four sender but it's the same. Ths is why, i want make some programm to change in a email objet the sender to have the same. Thank's ...

Detect page change in PropertySheet?
Hi, I have a property sheet that is the parent of several property pages. If the user clicks a tab to change to another page, is there a way I can detect this (and possibly prevent the change) in the PropertySheet dialog? Does windows/MFC send any kind of message to the PropertySheet dialog? I looked at all of the over-rides and WM_ message, but cannot see anything. Thanks! Not directly. You can catch that in the CPropertyPage and relay the message to the CPropertySheet. (I know you are asking, why doesn't the CPropertySheet get the notificatio first? who knows!) AliR. "...

Changing e-mail address
dI´m trying to change mail-address in AD-Users and computer. From "nnnn@xxx.xx" to "nnnn@yyy.xx", but it won't work. On the tab "e-mail Addresses" i try to set "nnnn@yyy.xx" as Primary, but it don't stay that way. If I open directly and check it seems right, but close and do one more client, the first has change back to "nnnn@xxx.xx". What am I doing wrong ???????? You will need to uncheck the checkbox "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" for the change to stay. Also make sure that you ...

Paper settings change for specific printer
I just installed access 2007 and my application uses reports to print labels. Specifically a Dymo turbo 400 and 30252 address labels. when i was using acess 2003 i specified to use a specific printer and everything was great. and when i copied updated FrontEnds to my networked computers every thing transfered and the labels printed fine however with 07 the "Specifc printer" has a different page size.. i fixed all the reports on my master FE but the changes didnt stay when i copied FE to other computers and im not sure where to go. i installed all the printers from the s...