UpdateAllViews #2

Hi

When clicks on View, my program draws ellipse and I tried to make all
changes in one view reflects to all views.

1-)OnLbuttonDown adds a point to CArray m_PointList

2-)UpdateAllViews calls OnUpdate

3-) OnUpdate Invaliates so OnDraw called.

void CDocumentView::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
{
	GetDocument()->m_PointList.Add(point);
	GetDocument()->UpdateAllViews(NULL);

	CView::OnLButtonDown(nFlags, point);
};
//
void CDocumentView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC)
{
	CDocumentDoc* pDoc = GetDocument();
	ASSERT_VALID(pDoc);
	if (!pDoc)
		return;
	for(int i = 0; i < GetDocument()->m_PointList.GetCount(); i++)
	{
		pDC->Ellipse(GetDocument()->m_PointList[i].x - GetDocument()->m_PointSize,
GetDocument()->m_PointList[i].y - GetDocument()->m_PointSize,
			GetDocument()->m_PointList[i].x + GetDocument()->m_PointSize,
GetDocument()->m_PointList[i].y + GetDocument()->m_PointSize);
	}
}
//
void CDocumentView::OnUpdate(CView* /*pSender*/, LPARAM /*lHint*/, CObject*
/*pHint*/)
{
	// TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class
	Invalidate();
}

But when i open a new document, it doesn't draw ellipse which is m_PointList
, it shows a clean view window. And when i started to click also it doesn't
change the other views.

Where am i wrong?
0
sawer (30)
6/2/2008 9:40:17 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

My (quick) project name is Document
Document: DocumentDoc.h and .cpp

And also i have a Dialog which takes size of the point and store it in
m_PointSize which is in CDocumentDoc.

My variables are in CDocumentDoc and my program gets it from Document and
show it in CDocumentView.

It can show points also can change size of points.

But when i open a new view window with CTR+N. It doesn't reflect to new
window. There is no point in new window. But i assumed that creating new
window means it calls draw method so it would show all the points which is
showed also in other view.

In Doc/View arc. there is one document and multipleviews so i called
UpdateAllViews as seen above. But new child windows can't show it. It seems
that i can't relate views through doc.

I hope i can explain now.
Thanks.
0
sawer (30)
6/2/2008 12:32:01 PM
sawer wrote:
> Hi
>
> When clicks on View, my program draws ellipse and I tried to make all
> changes in one view reflects to all views.
>
> 1-)OnLbuttonDown adds a point to CArray m_PointList
>
> 2-)UpdateAllViews calls OnUpdate
>
> 3-) OnUpdate Invaliates so OnDraw called.
>
> void CDocumentView::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point)
> {
> 	GetDocument()->m_PointList.Add(point);
> 	GetDocument()->UpdateAllViews(NULL);
>
> 	CView::OnLButtonDown(nFlags, point);
> };
> //
> void CDocumentView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC)
> {
> 	CDocumentDoc* pDoc = GetDocument();
> 	ASSERT_VALID(pDoc);
> 	if (!pDoc)
> 		return;
> 	for(int i = 0; i < GetDocument()->m_PointList.GetCount(); i++)
> 	{
> 		pDC->Ellipse(GetDocument()->m_PointList[i].x - GetDocument()->m_PointSize,
> GetDocument()->m_PointList[i].y - GetDocument()->m_PointSize,
> 			GetDocument()->m_PointList[i].x + GetDocument()->m_PointSize,
> GetDocument()->m_PointList[i].y + GetDocument()->m_PointSize);
> 	}
> }
> //
> void CDocumentView::OnUpdate(CView* /*pSender*/, LPARAM /*lHint*/, CObject*
> /*pHint*/)
> {
> 	// TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class
> 	Invalidate();
> }
>

> But when i open a new document, it doesn't draw ellipse which is m_PointList
> , it shows a clean view window. And when i started to click also it doesn't
> change the other views.

sawer:

Is this MDI or SDI? In MDI, a new document creates a new CDocument object, so
naturally the m_PointList is empty.

Are you saying that for the first document you can use UpdateAllViews() to
transfer the information to the other views, but not for subsequent documents?
This I do not understand, unless you are not creating your documents correctly.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
You said:
"Are you saying that for the first document you can use UpdateAllViews() to
transfer the information to the other views, but not for subsequent documents"

Yes. Isn't UpdateAllViews for all views that created wit CTRL+N in MDI
applications?
I assumed that there is only one instance of CDocument obj. for views but i
see that i was wrong.

But how can i solve my problem. I mean transfer data to oher windows

0
sawer (30)
6/2/2008 1:20:02 PM
sawer wrote:
> Thank you
> Yes, It is MDI.
> You said:
> "Are you saying that for the first document you can use UpdateAllViews() to
> transfer the information to the other views, but not for subsequent documents"
>
> Yes. Isn't UpdateAllViews for all views that created wit CTRL+N in MDI
> applications?
> I assumed that there is only one instance of CDocument obj. for views but i
> see that i was wrong.
>
> But how can i solve my problem. I mean transfer data to oher windows

sawer:

I'm not sure I quite understand what you are saying.

UpdateAllViews() is a member of CDocument that updates all the views connected
to a particular document. In MDI, Ctrl-N creates a new document with new view(s)
connected to it. Views attached to different documents cannot update each other
using UpdateAllViews().

Actually, I am not really an expert on MDI; I always write SDI applications.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP

UpdateAllViews() will send the message to every view for a document.  If you
want to interate the open documents for all types you need to use code like
the following:

   POSITION pos = GetFirstDocTemplatePosition();
   while (pos) {
        CDocTemplate* pTemplate = (CDocTemplate*)GetNextDocTemplate(pos);
        POSITION pos2 = pTemplate->GetFirstDocPosition();
        while (pos2) {
             CDocument *pDocument;
             if ((pDocument=pTemplate->GetNextDoc(pos2)) != NULL) {
                  pDocument->UpdateAllViews(); // Tell all views for this
document to update themselves
             }
         }
    }

Tom

"sawer" <sawer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you
> Yes, It is MDI.
> You said:
> "Are you saying that for the first document you can use UpdateAllViews()
> transfer the information to the other views, but not for subsequent
> documents"
>
> Yes. Isn't UpdateAllViews for all views that created wit CTRL+N in MDI
> applications?
> I assumed that there is only one instance of CDocument obj. for views but
> see that i was wrong.
>
> But how can i solve my problem. I mean transfer data to oher windows

0
tom.nospam (3240)
6/2/2008 2:03:57 PM
Thanks for this great post.
I didn't know GetFirstDocTemplatePosition and etc. methods and I understood
how i can update all views.

But there is a little problem, i have a CArray<CPoint> m_PointList in my
Document class. And for each new Document(Ctrl+N) it becomes empty. I must
find a way to share m_pointlist or send them or something else. So all of the
views can show same points and when i clicked one of the views all the views
are able to change.

How can/must do this?

Thanks again.

0
sawer (30)
6/2/2008 2:59:02 PM
sawer wrote:
> Thanks for this great post.
> I didn't know GetFirstDocTemplatePosition and etc. methods and I understood
> how i can update all views.
>
> But there is a little problem, i have a CArray<CPoint> m_PointList in my
> Document class. And for each new Document(Ctrl+N) it becomes empty. I must
> find a way to share m_pointlist or send them or something else. So all of the
> views can show same points and when i clicked one of the views all the views
> are able to change.

sawer:

This isn't really a question about MFC: it is a question about inter-object
communication. If you really want all views of all documents to see the same
m_PointList, you could make it a static member of your Document class. (But be
careful if your application is multi-threaded at all.)

But what is the point of having different documents, if they all share the same
data?

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
> Thanks for this great post.
> I didn't know GetFirstDocTemplatePosition and etc. methods and I
> understood
> how i can update all views.
>
> But there is a little problem, i have a CArray<CPoint> m_PointList in my
> Document class. And for each new Document(Ctrl+N) it becomes empty. I must
> find a way to share m_pointlist or send them or something else. So all of
> the
> views can show same points and when i clicked one of the views all the
> are able to change.
>
> How can/must do this?

It doesn't make sense to duplicate the list in multiple documents.  I would
guess that you don't really want multiple documents, but just multiple views
of the same document.  There are some MFC samples that do this (like
CheckBook), called "multiple views/one document."  It is usually done using
CSplitterWnd.  Rather than working on how to do it, make sure first that
your goal is appropriate.  Each document can have any number of views, and
there are several ways to create such additional views.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
6/2/2008 3:29:55 PM
"David Wilkinson" wrote:
"But what is the point of having different documents, if they all share the
same  data?"

Because, as you said, MFC create new document for every Ctr+N. So i must
make equal all the m_PointList members of new Documnet objects. So when
invalidate all the views, they can show same pointers and when i click one of
them the other views changes dynamically at the same time.

For example in one view i can show the data in a kind of chart, in another
view i can show it another kind of chart.

Isn't this (above)method good for such a presentation?

I don't know if there is an easy way to do this.

0
sawer (30)
6/2/2008 3:36:03 PM
Scott McPhillips [MVP] wrote:
> It doesn't make sense to duplicate the list in multiple documents.  I
> would guess that you don't really want multiple documents, but just
> multiple views of the same document.  There are some MFC samples that do
> this (like CheckBook), called "multiple views/one document."  It is
> usually done using CSplitterWnd.  Rather than working on how to do it,
> make sure first that your goal is appropriate.  Each document can have
> any number of views, and there are several ways to create such
> additional views.

Scott:

Yes, I think this is what the OP really wants. This is one of the reasons I do
not like MDI -- it gets confusing both for users and (as here) for developers.
On the other hand, multiple views in an SDI application are quite straightforward.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP

It would actually be erroneous to iterate across all documents as described, since it has
nothing to do with solving your problem, which is caused solely by your incorrect
expectations about what Ctrl+N does.
						joe

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 07:59:02 -0700, sawer <sawer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks for this great post.
>I didn't know GetFirstDocTemplatePosition and etc. methods and I understood
>how i can update all views.
>
>But there is a little problem, i have a CArray<CPoint> m_PointList in my
>Document class. And for each new Document(Ctrl+N) it becomes empty. I must
>find a way to share m_pointlist or send them or something else. So all of the
>views can show same points and when i clicked one of the views all the views
>are able to change.
>
>How can/must do this?
>
>Thanks again.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
6/8/2008 6:52:31 PM
So why, exactly, do you think it is reasonable for a brand-new document to share the state
of an existing document?  This doesn't even make sense!!!!  You are clearly confused about
the role of documents and views.  If you want to show two views on a single document, YOU
CREATE A NEW VIEW!  And Ctrl+N is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to this discussion!  It has
nothing to do with creating new views; it is entirely concerned with creating new
documents!

I have published the code for creating new views several times in the last few weeks; go
check the archives.
					joe

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 08:36:03 -0700, sawer <sawer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"David Wilkinson" wrote:
>"But what is the point of having different documents, if they all share the
>same  data?"
>
>Because, as you said, MFC create new document for every Ctr+N. So i must
>make equal all the m_PointList members of new Documnet objects. So when
>invalidate all the views, they can show same pointers and when i click one of
>them the other views changes dynamically at the same time.
>
>For example in one view i can show the data in a kind of chart, in another
>view i can show it another kind of chart.
>
>Isn't this (above)method good for such a presentation?
>
>I don't know if there is an easy way to do this.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Conditional Format question #2
SG93IGNhbiBJIGNyZWF0ZSBhIGZvcm1hdCBmb3IgdGhlIGNlbGxzIHdoaWNoIGNvbnRhaW5zIGEg Y2VydGFpbiBzdWJzdHJpbmc/ > How can I create a format for the cells which contains a certain > substring? Select col A (A1 active), then apply the CF using Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("diesel fuel",A1)) Format to taste > ok out Replace SEARCH with FIND if you need it to be a stricter, case sensitive search -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:19,000, Files:362, Subscribers:62 xdemechanik --- Cells being in column A use Format>Conditional formatting with this ...

RSS 2.0 Extensibility
I'm wondering if any subscribers would care to offer brief comments -- pro *and* con -- regarding the fact that RSS 2.0 is now extensible, notably by using namespaces. <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ ...

sumif - with 2 conditions
Hi SUMIF(Jan!$BY$3:$DL$3,Projects!$C6,Jan!$BZ$263:$BZ$266) this formula seems to work but only returns the number from BZ263 not the sum of the whole range. As you see it does access 2 sheets and the first criteria is across columns the 2nd down a list of rows. Suggests??? Cheers UKMAN Hi Sumif won't work in that way Try =SUMPRODUCT((Jan!$BY$3:$DL$3=Projects!$C6)*Jan!$BZ$263:$BZ$266) But wahat do you expect your result to be? Supposing your first set of values are 5, 10, 15 Your comparison value of the other sheet is 10 Your column of values is 20,30,40 ...

newprof.exe #2
What's the new program or script for automatic profile generation? Thanks, Kenny Outlook 2002 and 2003 run .prf files natively. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kb" <kb@cfbisd.edu> wrote in message = news:OL9gXbEaFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > What's the new program or script for automatic profile generation? >=20 > Thanks, > Kenny=20 >=20 > "kb" <kb@cfbisd.edu> wrote...

countif function help #2
Domenic, I owe you a debt of gratitude, thanks so much for your help o this formula, I would have never been able to figure it out on my own. You read my post and understood it to a tee, your formula for what needed is spot on! Thank you! regards, Spir -- spiros ----------------------------------------------------------------------- spirosu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=744 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27621 ...

importing contacts to CRM #2
Hi! When you import contacts to CRM. Do they automatically synkronize to Outlook so the contact also get a contactcard in Outlook? They will synchronize on the Next interval (mostly we put the 30 minutes interval). You can check the setting from clicking on CRM- option and synchronization tab. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ They will be synced to users Outlook contacts depending on security roles. For instance if my CRM security role gives me global read privilages on contacts then I will get all contacts from the entire system. If I import 10,000 contacts the...

Trouble with Dates between 2 seperate worksheets
In Excel 2000, I am having trouble with dates retaining when copying a worksheet from one workbook to another. For example, in one cell, we have a date of April 8, 2005 and when I copy the worksheet to another workbook, is changes to April 9, 2009. (it adds 4 years and 1 day) I have tried several formatting changes - with no luck. HELP PLEASE IT IS MAKING ME CRAZY!! -- Julie Saved from a previous post: One workbook was using a base year of 1900 and the other was using 1904. (tools|options|calculation tab|1904 date system) One way to add those four years back is to find an empty c...

Import Customizations to 1.2 from 1.0
I was wondering if anyone has tried to import customizations from 1.0 to 1.2. I read through the readme.txt file in the 1.2 documentation as well as the 1.2 implementation guide. I understand that Sales Processes will not convert. I am more concerned about form and schema changes than I am workflow rules and sales processes. We are using 1.0 as a demo system for one of our customers and in about one month will remove it and install 1.2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jairy Hi Jairy, you need to follow the proper upgrade path (i.e. upgrade the CRM server). You cannot imp...

if-then statement that checks for existence of series 2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C5A1CB.EECD6B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This has been posted to excel.programming I would like to code an if-then or Case statement that does something = like this: =20 If ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2) doesn=92t exist, Then =20 ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries.Add ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues =3D "=3DSheet1!R1C9:R2C9" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Values =3D "=3DSheet1!R1C10:R2C10"...

2 level group per report
Hi, I have a report that needs to be grouped in 2 level, per country and per province/state. My problem is I need to see data on the first page of the first level group (country) and the first page of the second level group (province). I have tried many combination of forcing new page on both level but I cannot keep the group header of the province with the data when the province change, meaning I see data in Canada, Alberta and on the same page, I will see the group header of the next province when it is time to change on the same page. which I cannot see If I force new page on the p...

Using a IF formula, I would like to drop the 2 digits in front of.
Using a IF formula, I would like to drop the 2 digits in front of the decimal, and only use the 2 digits after the decimal =MOD(A1,1) will return decimal -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "osuhoosier" <osuhoosier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3899ADB5-3AAB-482C-AF4C-9A71DEF3D28C@microsoft.com... > Using a IF formula, I would like to drop the 2 digits in front of the > decimal, and only use the 2 digits after the decimal Not sure I get this but the form...

Wanted: Install & Config Course Notes v1.2
I know I can get them from MBS, but I only need the chapter on Data Migration! Anyone on here want to sell their notes? Thanks. Matt "nordberg" <nordberg_73@warm-mail.com> wrote in message news:O72dm5BjEHA.2052@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I know I can get them from MBS, but I only need the chapter on Data > Migration! Anyone on here want to sell their notes? > > Thanks. > Matt Are you kidding. I don't even know whether such a thing would be allowed, within terms of copyrights. The answer should be most definitely no. There is a free data migration guide...

money 2003 home page #2
When I trasfer money between accounts IE: from a account being closed. How can I prevent it being recorded as income in the monthly reports as it is not extra income simply from one account to another You are using Transfer:[name of acct] as the "Category" for the transfer? You are seeing it as Income in the Monthly Report or in some other report? "Dv.towle" <Dvtowle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10B4683B-5C0B-45B8-8B75-EC81A3B71006@microsoft.com... > When I trasfer money between accounts IE: from a account being closed. How > can I prev...

Catalog Merge #2
If I have a MS Word table where each row contains a couple of pictures and a couple of text items, it appears I cannot merge this into a Publisher Catalog document. It won't accept the pictures (jpg files). Is there a way to do this that I'm missing? Thanks! You don't merge the picture from a copy of the picture itself as inserted in the database. You merge the picture using a field in the database that contains the picture filename and extension. "Peter" <peter.damon@verizon.net> wrote in message news:WdAdc.17057$1y1.8003@nwrdny03.gnilink.net... > If I ha...

need execel formula #2
If I put letters e.g. a in b2, b in b3, a in b4. I would like to kno how to calculate the number of letters 'a' in b10, number of lette 'b' in b11,etc. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try, B10=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B4="a")) B11=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B4="b")) Hope this helps! In article <kir.178sgb@excelforum-nospam.com>, kir <<kir.178sgb@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > If I put letters e.g. a in b2, b in b3, a in b4. I would like to know > how to calculate the number of letters 'a' in b10, numbe...

Combo Box #2
Hi, I dont know how to add data in the combo box. Pls help me tq. Hi GW Put your required data in a separate location, lets say M1 to M5. Now, right Click on the Combo Box, Select Format Control, and then the Control Tab. In the Input Range Box put your cell range (M1:M5), in this case. Go down to Drop Down Lines and change that number to the number of entries you have. Click OK. Regards Michael >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I dont know how to add data in the combo box. Pls help me > >tq. > >. > ...

VB script error #2
Sorry Bob - I do appreciate ur help but now I'm very confused, maybe if I explain 'the whole picture' you can come up with some better code?? I have a menu on my personal toolbar with 3 options 1) create new log 2) view today's log 3) vire historic log so what I requie is :- in option1 for the user to be able to create a log, which is a copy of my 'master log' worksheet and rename this new sheet as today's date. However if a log has already been opened for 'today' a msg box advising the user so and if they wish to view it. in option2 for the user to be a...

LDIFDE #2
Which utility is best to use when exporting and importing the Global Address List from Win2K3 AD - LDIFDE or CSVDE? And if I use LDIFDE, what would the correct syntax be if I wanted to export the GAL from a domain controller where Exchange 2K3 resides? "GAL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Which utility is best to use when exporting and importing >the Global Address List from Win2K3 AD - LDIFDE or CSVDE? >And if I use LDIFDE, what would the correct syntax be if I >wanted to export the GAL from a domain controller where >Exchange 2K3 resi...

HR Module #2
I am doing some research on HRMS and am wondering how this product works. We are considering purchasing the HR module. We have a little over 400 employees. Is it easy to use? We already use the Accounting/Payroll package. Any information will help me with my proposal. Asking how the HR module works is a very open-ended question. If you are using Payroll, then the HR module works with it. You set up benefits in HR and link them to Payroll deductions and benefits. So, if an employee wants a retirement plan, you enroll him in it and the system walks you through setting up the dedu...

Since installing XP Service Pack 2
I previously was able to copy Outlook .pst Files to a Portable Disk for Security. After installing SP2 - I am now unable to copy those Files. I also used a Programme to copy My Documents to a Folder on another Computer - since installing SP2 - I cannot copy .zip files to that Computer. What is SP2 doing and how can i rectify this. ALAN W ...

Forwarding more than 2 messages results in messages bundled as attachments
Is there any way to forward multiple emails within Outlook (xp) as seperate emails to the recipient? If you try to highlight more than one message and forward it, it will treat the emails as attachments within the message. Thanks the only way is one at a time... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote...

Worksheet Size #2
Does anyone know how to work out the size of an individual worksheet within a workbook? Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi see http://www.decisionmodels.com/fastexcelD.htm for a tool which can calculate this (not for free - and I personally haven't use this). If you want to do it on your own, AFAIK there's no direct information for getting the size of an individual worksheet. What you can do in a macro: - create a blank new workbook# - get the size of this blank workbook - copy your worksheet to this new workbook - measure again the size of this workbook - repeat for all workshe...

Multiple e-maiis on 2 computers
My wife's windows ME/Outlook 2000 pc suddenly began getting 2 of each e-mail several months ago. She has Norton AV on the computer but it had been working fine with the computer. She didn't renew the subscription for updates this go around since she was getting a new Dell. I can't say the multiple e-mails started when the Norton subscription expired because I don't know the exact dates. But I guess it could be a possible cause? When I connected her new Dell XP home Outlook 2002 computer through the DlinkDI604 router we use in the house so they could both download the same ...

Combining Text #2
What I want to do: When I tab or enter out of a cell I wanted the inputed data to be combined with a predefined variable. Example: If I type in 123456 into a cell and hit enter or tab to put it into the cell, I want the cell to read "MYTEXT123456" I've honestly tried to the best of my skills to do this and I can't get it. Ha, I guess my skills aren't very great. Thanks, guys -- jdmx ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jdmx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24018 View this thread: h...

how to compare 2 worksheets in 1 workbook
I'm trying to figure out how to find any difference in 2 (or more) worksheets in one workbook (file). These are text files. If you can ensure that both worksheets are in the same sequence by sorting them using the same column(s), then in a third worksheet you can enter into A1 a formula like: =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"","different") This formula can be copied across for as many columns as you have, and can be copied down for as many rows as you have. Any differences between the two sheets will be pointed out to you in the appropriate cell. Hope this helps. Pete ...