Update Watch without breaking in VC6?

Is there a way to update watch window on the fly at a designated point
in the code, without breaking, in VC6.0?
TIA,
Harvey

0
harveyab (125)
3/19/2007 4:19:59 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am not aware of any such mechanism.
				joe

On 19 Mar 2007 09:19:59 -0700, "Harvey" <harveyab@juno.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to update watch window on the fly at a designated point
>in the code, without breaking, in VC6.0?
>TIA,
>Harvey
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Failed Updates 06-26-10
Usually when I try to install updates, a message will appear indicating that the process has failed. When I allow Windows to automatically install updates, however, my Internet connection fails and I then have to do a system restore to remove the updates so that I can use the Internet again. Can you please help me with this, as I do want to be able to update my computer with programs and anti-virus updates without losing my Internet connection each time? Thanks. Allen • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...

using common control version 6 in VC6
Hi all, I'm trying to use the common control version 6 in my MFC project, I've imported the manifest.xml adn specified 6 as the platform, but I still can't use the version 6 members of the NMLVCUSTOMDRAW structure in my custom drawn controls. for instance, when I tried to use clrFace of the structure, it would say 'clrFace' : is not a member of 'tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW', and I've traced the problem to the definition of the strucfure itself, typedef struct tagNMLVCUSTOMDRAW { NMCUSTOMDRAW nmcd; COLORREF clrText; COLORREF clrTextBk; #if (_WIN32_IE...

Breaking One workbook into many Tabs
Hi There I have a tab called "Master" with information on lines 2 to 130, and Columns A to S. Column F has information that is repeated on several lines (persons name) I want to break the single tab "master" into a number of sub tabs, each tab containing the information relevant only to the individual. Thus for example Rows 1, 4, 7 and 9 within Column F state John. I want to extract all relevant info for John (ie contents of Rows 1,4 and 7) into a new tab called John (such that I can send JOhn his tab) Is there a way to break up the Master tab into sub ...

recover domain user password without the domain.
Hello, I have a client that has a company laptop, and he has forgotten his password. Now the laptop was part of an old business with a domain that no longer exists. What can I do to recover the password. I have access to the local admin account, but not the domain admin account on the laptop. Domain was with a sbs 2003 machine. You cannot recover domain password without a domain controller. If you have access to the local admin account, you can unjoin computer from the domain. Then create a local user account and let the owner use this new local account. "Don"...

Update Links Slow
My supervisor just showed me a monthly process I am to inherit. Basically it involves these steps: 1. Copy Last month's files to This month's folder. 2. Rename the files. 3. Update the links to point to the new-name files instead of the files in last month's folder with last month's name. She says that to do this, it is faster if you copy everything to the local hard drive, update the links to refer to local files. Refresh the links. Then upload back to the network and change the links to refer to network files and then refresh the links again. She said t...

Retail sales price automatically updated from landed cost
New implementation, new to GP. Was going to perform back office functions (PO & receiving) in RMS but we could not automatically create landed cost from supplier invoice cost at time of receiving, update retail sales price based on landed cost at time of receiving or receive multiple invoice for 1 PO. Now looking to perform back office in GP. One of many questions - when receiving against a PO, the landed cost will update based on the landed cost group. Is there a way to automatically update the retail sales price of the item at the same time based on landed cost x multiplication ...

Automatic OnLine Update at Start UP
The automatic online update at start up option was checked in the preferences/options screen. This option does not work. I have to manually click the circle with the arrows in the upper right of the screen to get the updates started. What is wrong with the setup? ...

outlook 2003 keeps dying without giving me a real error message
i recently upgraded from outlook 2000 to 2003. i'm now getting the following error when i'm done downloading roughly 1/2 to 3/4 of my email: Task 'mail.mydomain.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: .' there's never anything in the "The server responded..." section. once it dies, it seems to forget that it's already downloaded a bunch of the ...

Update logging possible?
Using the jet database (not my choice), I'd like to know it anybody has any ideas as to how to determine what/when tables are being updated. In SQLserver I could set a trigger, but not Jet. The reason is that I'm linking two back-end database together and I need to keep data synchorized and trying to find out what tables are being updated where is a nightmare in a large, complex application. Many of the record sources are queries or changed on the fly quit often, and some are with update and insert statements dynamically constructed. Any ideas? -- Posted via a free Usenet ...

How do I page break in the middle of a row in Excel?
I would like my document to fill the whole page and not just a 1/2 - 2/3 of the page due to the height of the row. You cannot pagebreak in the middle of a cell or row. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:55:01 -0700, Carolyn Fiutem <Carolyn Fiutem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like my document to fill the whole page and not just a 1/2 - 2/3 of >the page due to the height of the row. ...

Some updates could not be installed
I have tried installing the following updates at least a dozen times since 15 Dec. The little yellow shield asks me to install updates, I click it, and after a few minutes this message comes up: AUTOMATIC UPDATES Some updates could not be installed The following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) Sorry, forgot to mention my sys...

Consensus after the update
Just wondering what the consensus was after the Money 2005 update. Are you happy to be using it now or you'd wish you hadn't upgrade? I've been following the group and it appears the upgrade fixed a lot of issues. Thanks. It didn't change my mind. I'm still passing on M05. "Andrew" <xakedwax@xhotmail.comx> wrote in message news:5WEud.1043$Sq.145@fed1read01... > Just wondering what the consensus was after the Money 2005 update. Are > you happy to be using it now or you'd wish you hadn't upgrade? > > I've been following the...

National City auto-update
I used to be able to have Microsfot Money automatically download transactions from my accounts. Now whenever it goes to check it says it failed. I tried setting it up again but it prompts me "National City Requires a Password Change", but no matter what I enter in these boxes it says the password/pin is incorrect. I called National City and they said there wasn't anything wrong with my account. What should I do? In microsoft.public.money, Josh wrote: >I used to be able to have Microsfot Money automatically download transactions >from my accounts. Now whenever i...

How to get rid of the update now extra sceen
When I perform and update now function in Money 2005, it pops up a warning screen that has a check box to "hide the pop up" on future runs of the function. This does indeed occur for subsequent runs on the same Money 2005 session, but if I close Money and re-open it, the box re-appears. How can I permanently get rid of the box. I assumed that this would be in the FAQ, but was unable to find it. Thanks Art McClinton Hi, there's a registry fix to remove it. It can be gotten from http://money.mvps.org/patches.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mv...

Ignoring Line Breaks in Outlook XP
I have unchecked the option "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages". Now in the preview pane, Outlook is displaying a message "This message has extra line breaks. Click here". I don't care if the message has extra line breaks. I don't want to enable the option that removes the extra line break automatically as this is slowing me down. So how do I stop Outlook from displaying the message in the preview pane? Thanks, Ashok. "Ashok" <ashoktamil@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:db81e684.0405260942.6ccb4037@posting.google.com... >I have...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

How to disable page break
Hi Everyone, I want to add multiple page breaks in my file, for example on line 20, on 36, and on 42, etc, and be able to disable page break, through a marco or something, so nobody can remove them. any help will be appreciated thanks david Consider protecting the worksheet and make sure delete rows it's not selected. "David" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I want to add multiple page breaks in my file, for example on line 20, on > 36, and on 42, etc, and be able to disable page break, through a marco or > something, so nobody can remove them...

Cells and Charts not updating!
I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts and other cells just simply do not update when I make changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Thanks, GH G Hood wrote: > I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts > and other cells just simply do not update when I make > changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Did you check the automatic recalculation? Tools | Options | Calculation tab | Automatic or Manual Calculation. Dave dvt at psu dot edu Yes, I have already checked, it is set to automatic calculation. >-----Original Mes...

Recorset not updateable in a crosstab query
I have created a crosstab query based on just one linked table using the Access wizard and when I finished I get the erro "The recorset is not updateable", clicking on OK it shows me the tahe results in the corresponding table, but if I try to see the structure of the query it shows me the structure mask but saying that in the expression "Format([DPC]:"aaaa")" there to many closing brackets. I copied the table to the current DB to avoid any links problems but the result is the same. Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks very muc...

Breaking out G/L Coding for a Payment Batch
I am trying to figure out the G/L coding when I cut checks. In other words, what the original G/L account the invoices were coded to when the A/P was posted. When you post checks is only debits A/P and credits Cash. Anyone have any ideas on this one? Thank you so much in advance. Is it Payables only or are Purchase Invoices included, too? If it's Payables only, it's fairly easy to create a report to pull in the information. If you need to include Purchase Invoices, then your job just got much more difficult because you have to dive into the Purchase Receipts. -- Charles ...

Windows KB2092914 Update stalled
Hi, Windows update stalled on KB2092914. There was no error message. This is for Microsoft Works which I do not use. I was able to install all other updates of the 8/11/2010 set. Now each time I shutdown I am asked to run the update and shut down. I would like to remove the download of KB2092914 so that I don't get this message. How do i do this? Dell Studio laptop running Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2 -- Frank C Dell Inspiron 530S Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2 Dell studio laptop Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2 HP Photosmart D7260 "Frank C" <FrankC@discus...

Error message when updating links
I am updating an Excel link in Publisher but it is taking forever for it to load (very unusual on my computer) and give me the following message: No printers are installed. To install a printer, point to Settings on the Windows Start menu, click Printers, and then double-click Add Printer. Follow the instructions in the wizard. I'm not printing anything so why is it looking for a printer? ...

FW: Watch internet update
--gutbsxcuysafxkz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bfuwmidbrmbdw"; type="multipart/alternative" --bfuwmidbrmbdw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="custrdjaxxk" --custrdjaxxk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Won't update headlines again
I use Money Deluxe 2006. It hasn't updated the financial news or headlines since April 4. This seems to happen periodically. I sure hope Microsoft fixes this soon... ...

Audio breaks up 15 sec before end of each song
Media player version 11.0.6002.18111 on Windows Vista home premium. At the end of each song I play on Windows media player, about 15 seconds before the end, the audio breaks up. (It sounds like an old vinyl record skipping.) Songs were copied from various CDs I own. When songs are burned back to a CD the problem is not there. The problem does not happen when playing the CD directly. Thanks in advance, I'm new to this forum. Might it be that your computer is a Dell? If so, disable all enhancements as it comes with crippled drivers http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Troub...