UNIX -> Window Communication

I have a MS VC++ program that is using CSockets.  Does
anybody know how I would send data from a UNIX machine to
my program on a PC?

I guess since MS does all the work behind the scene I
don't know what format to put my data in so that that the
CSocket wrapper can handle it.

Any Ideas???

Thanks,
Andrew
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Andrew wrote:

> I have a MS VC++ program that is using CSockets.  Does
> anybody know how I would send data from a UNIX machine to
> my program on a PC?
>
> I guess since MS does all the work behind the scene I
> don't know what format to put my data in so that that the
> CSocket wrapper can handle it.
>
> Any Ideas???
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

If you are using CArchive and CSocketFile then the data format is MFC's
serialization, which would be rather painfull to port to unix.  If you
are not using these classes there is no data format: There is simply a
stream of bytes.  Define your own format.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]
0

Format window reset location
How do you reset the window locations in word so that they return to the default setting. my professor has moved hers to the edge of the screen so that you cant really grab it with the mouse. thanks, See this page from J.E. McGimpsey for advice: <http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/formattingpalettegone.html> On 6/14/06 12:26 AM, in article 1150262807.021241.211750@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "pmoriartyphoenix@gmail.com" <pmoriartyphoenix@gmail.com> wrote: > How do you reset the window locations in word so that they return to > the default setting. my ...

Copying emails to other windows directories
Hello group, I have a rather large inbox (3000+ items) with emails pertaining to a number of different clients. Typically, all documents relating to a client (eg. Word files, PDFs etc) are stored in a specific client folder. Nothing particularly complex about this, merely an alphabetically organised set of folders in Windows (XP). I would like to know if there is a way of exporting or copying the emails in my inbox, specific to a client, to the client's folder. It doesn't really matter what format they are in, provided they can be read as before, and the basics (To, From, Ti...

Outlook 97 won't run on my Windows xp
Hi I recently installed office xp on my system every program works except for Outlook , which starts and says building outlook bar then just quits please help, or is there another contact program that I can use with active sync so I can get data onto my pocket pc , thanks garygthompson@gmail.com <garygthompson@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi I recently installed office xp on my system every program works > except for Outlook , which starts and says building outlook bar then > just quits In the subject you say "Outlook 97" and in the body you say "Office XP", whi...

Opening OE in Windows XP
OE fails to open until many, many attempts are made. OS = Windows XP Home, SP3; added vendor-provided McAffee software when I changed to Comcast as ISP in November. I scanned the other threads, but didn't find my exact problem: I have two email accounts attached to my OE. To open OE, I have to "click on it--wait for it not to respond -- click the "x" -- confirm that I'm cancelling -- send error report to MS or not" up to 15 times before I will hear activity in my tower and see the program launched. Have of those times, I'm just showing that ...

Windows will shut down in less than a minute
In Windows 7 Operating System, intermittently it will pop-up a message "Windows will shut down in less than a minute." Computer will shutdown around 15 seconds later. This problem happened intermittently and anytime. What could be cause of it??? "2Sweet" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uK6FTHI6KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In Windows 7 Operating System, intermittently it will pop-up a message > "Windows will shut down in less than a minute." Computer will shutdown > around 15 seconds later. This problem happen...

WIndows Live Mail 11-27-09
Where's the send-receive button? It's the Sync button now. Place the mouse pointer over it and you will see the description. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial Beach, CA "wes" <wes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D685B9CF-8658-4B72-995D-CBBCFAEAA554@microsoft.com... > Where's the send-receive button? Send and Receive in Windows Live Mail 2009 http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!644.entry -- ...winston msft mvp mail "wes" <wes@di...

new window
I have the same problem as Karoline. I click on the link in email (I use Outlook) and it not open a new window. I know this is a quick fix but I cannot seem tyo find the solution... ...

Public folders in OWA opening in new window
Does anyone know if there is a way to have the public folders NOT open in a new window in Exchange 2003 OWA? thanks in advance... -- KS ...

Error message: c:\windows\system32\avgxch32.dll
I am running Cloudmark's Spamnet within Outlook 2002. When I try to delete a large number of emails from the Spam folder (choosing Edit/Select All/Delete) I get the following error message: "c:\windows\system32\avgxch32.dll could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." a. Even if no other programs are open, the problem still occurs. b. Running Detect and Repair makes no difference. c. Worst of all, I cannot close the error window. Wh...

Using VS2005 to ship legacy code for XP and Windows 2000.
If you want to publish a Windows application that runs on Windows 2000 or Windows XP, using the latest compiler (Visual Studio 2005), you can do so. Without requiring that you ship megabytes of code from the VS2005 runtime libraries (MSVCRT80.DLL and MFC80.DLL). Follow these steps: 1) Install the Windows Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK (April 2005 Edition). The April 2005 PSDK bundles the VS 2005 compiler (version 14.0) and its associated include headers and libraries. With VC6 installed it allows you to link VC6 compatible apps for 32-bit applications. 2) You won't be able to use th...

What version of Outlook for Windows 98
I am currently running Windows 98 with OE v 6 Does anyone know what is the latest version of Outlook I can install to work with 98. Thanks Outlook Express 6SP1 + additional hotfixes or Microsoft Office Outlook 2002 2 complelty separate programs by the way Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slips...

windows media player 02-07-10
when trying to play a dvd this message appears. windows media player cannot dvd video. I have installed decoders. How can i get it to play my dvds On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:29:01 -0800, lmorris <lmorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when trying to play a dvd this message appears. >windows media player cannot dvd video. >I have installed decoders. >How can i get it to play my dvds Do you have suitable DVD decoders ? Only a subset are media center compatible (the feature you need to look out for) DecCheck for XP, and the Vista VMCD utility can help here : ...

Windows 2008 Server Kerberos Certificate error ID 29
Hello, I had a Windows 2000 Domain Controller, and translate all AD funtions to a new Windows 2008 server, PDC, GC. All worked fine, but a few days ago I got this error, ID 29, Kerberos-Key-Distribution-Center, not certificate found.... All users can´t access the network shares by the server name, but through the IP we managed to restore the network units. Is there a way to restore the certificate , without regenerate the domain? I ´thank you all in advance for reading, any help will be like a christmas´s gift. More or less... Greetings.. Can you give more detail...

When you open a message (in a new window), and copy one or more files contained in this message, and then close the window, the file is not kept in the clipboard. I have to copy the file and paste it before closing the window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

windows xp pro screensaver doesn't work-
hi, i'm running windows xp pro, sp 3, on a year-old dell optiplex. the mouse is a logitech wireless, and i have a wired, lan connection for the internet. a few months ago, the screensaver stopped activating, regardless of how many minutes i enter. i would appreciate advice about how i can resolve this. thanks. -- ariel0 -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > hi, > > i'm running windows xp pro, sp 3, on a year-old dell optiplex. the > mouse is a logitech wireless, and i have a wired, lan connection for the > internet. > > a f...

draw geographic object on windows form.
I have some lines that are described by geographic coordinates (x1,y1) to (x2,y2) in UTM coordinate. What I'm trying to do is draw these lines onto a windows form to visualize what they look like. I can draw lines onto the form using the code below. my question is how do I convert my UTM coordinates to a form that can be drawn on the screen? Bitmap DrawArea; DrawArea = new Bitmap(pictureBox1.Size.Width, pictureBox1.Size.Height); pictureBox1.Image = DrawArea; Graphics g; g = Graphics.FromImage(DrawArea); Pen mypen = new Pen(Color.Black); g.DrawLine(mypen, 0, 0, 20, 6...

Windows XP blue screen of death
I have a Dell laptop latitude and have the blue screen of death as I have found on the web it is called. I can't seem to find the error by searching on the web that I have on my computer. I have the following error: STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc00000005, 0x805d2018, 0xf9e513e4, 0xf9e510e0) I read where a lot of the errors say something after but mine does not. Thanks to any help in advance!! -- wevie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wevie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159022.htm View this thread: http://forum...

My application does not register itself to windows file manager
Hi, I have an application , it does not register itself to windows file manager ( I mean , if I double click on a document of my application type, it does not open) How can I make it register itself, Thanks, CWinApp::RegisterShellFileTypes() is the answer. You would also need to call EnableShellOpen before calling RegisterShellFileTypes(). Check MSDN for more details: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/538tbk4a(VS.80).aspx Regards, Shoaib. "behzad" <bn at yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23F4AZmgnIHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have an applic...

Outlook 2007 Icon Incorrect After Upgrade To Windows 7
I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and now the icon for MS Outlook in All programs, the desktop and the taskbar looks like the icon you see when Windows does not know which program to use to open it. The icon works fine but just doesnt show the Outlook icon. All the other MS Office program icons are fine. Any help / ideas would be great! Have you tried running a repair on Office already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook....

add contacts Into Oulook 2007 from backup files Re; Windows Mail
My old laptop, (Vista) using Windows Mail (not Live Mail) crashed. I have a back up copy of all my contact addresses on an external hard drive and need to add all these into Outlook 2007., They were backed up as "contact file", and because I have over 1000 it is a huge process to add them individually ("adding as a Contact "into my personal contact folder on new laptop running Windows 7, using Outlook 2007) Please help in giving steps to add all this info without having to recreate files.. thank you "Sheryl" <Sheryl@discussions.microsoft....

Password Logging In Windows
A few years back, I and a friend (while working at MS) exposed and demonstrated the Windows Logging security hole in NT 4.0, and Win 9x OS's. This was supposed to have been fixed, but being as busy as I was with other things I simply didn't track the bug (RAID'ed back in <spit> '97 I think, by crackie) through to its demise. Is anyone here familiar with this issue and the resolution? To this day there are people out there saying that Windows still has this problem. I don't want to go through the effort of writing another key logger, so don't ask... >|...

Child windows that keep same relative size
/* I am trying to make a window with a bunch of child windows that resize themselves so that they always take up the same proportion of the client window...sort of like something that java does?? I have one button in my window, and it behaves ok, but before I start adding a bunch of other child windows, could you kind folks please look at my code and give me some software design guidance so I minimize code duplication. ....any hints good!! thanks */ // Main.cpp #include "CMyWinApp.h" CMyWinApp MyApplication; // CMyWinApp.h #include <afxwin.h> class CMyWinApp : public CWi...

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.
When i used advanced find to filter the members of a marketing list and adding the result to the marketing list, I encountered a problem saying "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server." The result of the advanced find is more than 30,000 records. Please help me solve this problem. Thank's. not seen this one before but it could be a timeout issue on either the web or sql side anyone else seen this? ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Agnes" <Agnes@discussions.microsoft.com>...

WINDOWS MAIL
When I sent a message from one of my identities nothing appeared in my "sent items" folder for that identity. Any clues? Thanks. "Grace Storm" <Grace Storm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:597E96BB-6753-45B2-8F62-1E539AE1770D@microsoft.com... > When I sent a message from one of my identities nothing appeared in my > "sent > items" folder for that identity. Any clues? Thanks. Clue #1: Ask in a discussion group that supports Windows Mail. This group is for .NET Framework discussions. Here's how to find the W...

Go to window not populated in smartlist builder
I created a smartlist mapping PA Billing details OPEN table. The smartlist works fine but I have defined a go to window of Billing Inquiry zoom. I pass values to the field of PA Biller transaction type and PA Document number. However, when I open up the go to window of Billing Inquiry zoom by double clicking a smartlist entry, the record is not populated. Only the document number field is populated, the rest of the window is blank. If I change the currency view on the window, the rest of the fields populate. What is the issue here and how do I fix it so that the go to window comes up c...