uninstall query

Hi All ,
This is my first msg in this group hope i'll get help n some idea, ok
now time for the problem.... i have developed a simple MFC dialog based

program which when runs creates few txt file which holds simple numeric

data which i use during the operation of the program, now my
requirement is ... whenever i uninstall the program all files including

the folder / sub folder should get deleted, i am not using any DLL in
my program.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Isn't that something you should be doing in the uninstaller?

--
Vipin Aravind
http://www.explorewindows.com/Blogs

"PARIJAT" <parijat_3000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All ,
> This is my first msg in this group hope i'll get help n some idea, ok
> now time for the problem.... i have developed a simple MFC dialog based
>
> program which when runs creates few txt file which holds simple numeric
>
> data which i use during the operation of the program, now my
> requirement is ... whenever i uninstall the program all files including
>
> the folder / sub folder should get deleted, i am not using any DLL in
> my program.

0
vipin (696)
9/9/2006 1:50:48 AM
"PARIJAT" <parijat_3000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All ,
> This is my first msg in this group hope i'll get help n some idea, ok
> now time for the problem.... i have developed a simple MFC dialog based
>
> program which when runs creates few txt file which holds simple numeric
>
> data which i use during the operation of the program, now my
> requirement is ... whenever i uninstall the program all files including
>
> the folder / sub folder should get deleted, i am not using any DLL in
> my program.

Using a DLL or not has no impact on this. This has nothing to do with
coding. Its all done by uninstall script that you use to uninstall your
application.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Linking queries on a report
Hello all, I built a number of queries that all tie to the same table. Each query sorts the data differently, but comes from the same data source. I would like to show the results of these queries on the same report, but I get and error message that the wizard can't connect the queries. How can I display multiple queries on the same report. I've tried subreports, but they don't seem to export as well. Thanks b Brennan What does "export" have to do with this? If I have multiple sets of results I want to show in one place, I create an empty "main"...

min query
Hi, How do I get the 2nd minimum value and the 3rd minimum from a table after I have done MIN query for the 1st minimum value? SELECT dbo_CON.SC, dbo_CON.SN, Min(dbo_CON.SQ) AS MinOfSQ FROM dbo_CON GROUP BY dbo_CON.SC, dbo_CON.SN HAVING (((dbo_CON.SC)<>49)); Thanks, Hi Jerry, This will give me three different SC SN records. I am looking for same SC SN records that has next min SQ. table SC SN SQ 1 100 1 1 100 2 1 100 3 1 100 ...

Can't Uninstall 2004 to Install 2005
I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. When trying to install 2005, it recommends that 2004 be uninstalled and offers to do it for me. The uninstallation stops when it cannot find the money.msi file anywhere. I don't have this file on my computer anymore (not sure if I ever had it). I would like to cleanly uninstall 2004 to install 2005. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Ted Medler wrote: >I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought >the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. > >When trying to install 2...

make query from to 64 bit system
I have a application need to be compile for 64 bit system. how can i read data from vb.net 2005. hi Jennifer, On 09.12.2009 17:36, Jennifer wrote: > I have a application need to be compile for 64 bit system. how can i read > data from vb.net 2005. First of all, I don't see the point why you're asking this question in an Access newsgroups. Further more, you should really be more spefific... mfG --> stefan <-- ...

5.5 uninstall after 2k3 upgrade
After migration from 5.5 to 2003. I went to the 5.5 box, put the cd in and unistalled. It is still showing in 2k3 system manger and now im getting errors in app log from ldap, ad connector looking for the old box. Do i need to reinstall 5.5 on my old box and use 5.5 admin to delete? I installed 5.5 admin on my new 2k3 box but dont know where how to use. I am 5.5 newbie..only know 2k3 There are a number of steps to take prior to decomissioning a 5.5 server in your type of upgrade/migration. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/d91c2065-99af-405...

<> data query
I have two tables and both have a field called tag_id. The first table "my2003" has about 5000 records. The second table "monitor2003" is a subset of table "my2003" and has about 3000 records. I need help building a query that will give me the records in table "my2003" where the "tag_id" field is <> to the "tag_id" field in the "monitor2003" table. Also which type of joining of the two tables is needed? Use the query wizard to create an unmatch record query that will list all the records in my2003 but are n...

Different queries but the same?
Hi Everyone, Access 2003. I accidently double clicked on the wrong thing in a new query based on another query. In the query grid, I added the qryVentThpyWithinLastArea and double clicked on the *. It only filled one column of my grid but when I ran the query, it showed all the fields from the query. I then dragged down Area field and added my criteria. I had been taught to double click on the blue title bar and then drag all the fields to the grid then add my criteria. Both ways give me the same data. What is the differnce? I pasted the sql below so you can see what's going...

trim in query
Hi All I am trying to trim a leading space at the start of each field in my "Customers" table which is an Exel spreadsheet imported using "TransferSpreadsheet" After researching the internet I have been able to get this to work using, for example: CustomerName: Trim([F3]) in the Field line of a select query ("CustomersTrimQry"). My promlem is that when I append the data from "CustomersTrimQry" to the "Customers" table the space returns. Prior to using trim I ran 3 queries from the original "CustomersImport" table, "C...

Database SQL query
Sorry for this post here. If someone knows a group I can go to for this question, please let me know. I have a program in MFC that accesses and updates an Access database. The problem is I can't figure out how to add a field which contains a word with a single apostrophe ie (St. Vincent's). I'm using the CDaoDatabase and CDaoRecordset classes. I understand that DAO is interpreting the apostrophe as some type of terminator but there must be a way around the issue. MS Access has information on how to do it in Access VB but that doesn't seem to work in MFC. Thanks Ughh ...

MS query and Firebird
I am accessing a Firebird data base with MS Query into Excel. I am trying to change the column heading (column name) but as I writte a "Newname" in Column Heading MS Query dont accept. I try to change directlly the SQL statement with "AS" clause and without "AS" clause but MS Query dont accept. I dont know if the format of select statement is different in Firebird data base or is a problem with MS Query. JC. ...

Project Manager 2007 queries
I am considering purchasing Proect Manager for my my Planner, we are a small office who a familiar with the basics but have a few queries which are a little more detailed, I hope someone may able to advise on:- 1. Reporting - What are the options for importing and exporting documents and the number of format types, are they clear and easy to learn and use ? 2. Graphs - Is graphical data readily available, are there differing options of graphs and are the tools for producing them clear and easy to use ? 3. Sand pits - Are there areas where 'offline' working is availabl...

UDF XLA and SQL queries
Newbie question. Apologies in advance if it's too simplistic or in the wrong forum. I want to add an UDF to Excel. This UDF queries a SQL database. Say the function name is 'MyFunc'; I want to be able to have (in a cell) =MyFunc("ABC") return some data from the SQL database (for example here, say the Product Description for product "ABC"). The user needs to select the database the first time he uses the workbook. The UDF is called often in the worksheets of a given workbook so I would prefer to open the connection once at the beginning and...

Parse field in query
I have a table called MasterData with a field called Originator. The field data looks like this... Lou Santana Steven Sentry/Miami/PU/WC/US CN=Kathy T. Buon/OU=Miami/OU=BU/O=WC/C=US Terry J Leif I need it to look like this... Lou Santana Steven Sentry Kathy T. Buon Terry J Leif How can this be parsed?? -- deb What a mess that you're stuck with! Below will look for the first / and return the string before it in a query. If there isn't a / it returns the entire string. Of course this doesn't help with the CN= in CN=Kathy T. Buon. Parsed: IIf(InStr([Originator],"/")...

Using form to enter "query criteria" (between values)
Good morning everyone, I want to create a form with two boxes, where first box is lower limit of the value and the second upper limit. This values should be used in my query as filter criteria. Like this (query filter criteria): > "textbox1" AND < "textbox2" Does anyone know how I can build this in a form (i.e. connect my textboxes and query criteria)? Kindly, Mikael Sweden By thinking about for another minute I found the (simple) answer. In the query criteria I put the following expression: BETWEEN [forms].[nameofform].[NameofDatefield1] AND [forms].[name...

Need help getting query to reference a field in a subform
I am trying to run a query using a specific field in a subform as the criteria. The query is displaying one combo box from the Form, as well as several fields from its own subform. My Form name is: FormGrantManagement My Subform name is: TableMOA subform My Subform's subform is: TableCostReports The field in the subform I want to reference is: MOAID I have found other help topics that lead me to think that a criteria along the lines of [Forms]![FormGrantManagement]![TableMOA subform]! [Form]![MOAID] is what I need to use, and I have tried multiple variations of this but witho...

Save Query Results as table to another Access Database
I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in sql server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel. Occasionally the reports are too big for excel. I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4 stored procs as tables in a new Access database. right now I have it returning the results as a query. How do I save the results in another database? Thanks, -- Billy Rogers Dallas,TX Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003 Hi Billy The following SQL statement should do it for you: SELECT * INTO [TableName] I...

Append Query Fails, MS Access 2000 bug?
I appear to be having a problem with an append query. I created a select query, converted the query to a make table query. The query created the table, NewTable, and inserted the data. I then modified the query again to an append query. The data in NewTable was deleted, then I ran the append query... everything ran fine. I opened NewTable in Design View, saved the table (NO changes were made). I re-ran the append query and it failed: Microsoft Access can't append all the records in the append query. Microsoft Access set 0 field(s) to Null due to a type conversion failure, and i...

Query help please 04-08-10
I have two combo boxes. Location and Super1 The location box lets you select a location where a staff member is working at.For example U3 B-days. The Super1 box lets you select their supervisor who works U3 B-days. As it stands right now it will work. The problem is that it will show all Supervisors through out the whole place. I found a way where I can select from the Location box where it will pull up just the supervisors for that location in the Super1 box. That works so far so good. Now, where the problem comes in is when the staff member is a supervisor. For example: Staf...

How to query multiple zip codes
I have a database of over 380k records that I need to separate out by zip codes. What I am doing is getting a 50 mile radius of my directors across the country and this program comes up with a list of zip codes in that radius. Just for OR, I have 7 pages of zip codes (182 zips). Is there an easy way in Access to get only those zips? Some I can use the operator between "97005-97024", but I can't do the entire list that way. I've always wanted to figure this out. Thanks for any help to make this easier for me. I have about 48 regions to do. Hi Jerry: I do have ...

Storing Information From Queries?
I'm working with a 1gb database and have about 20 queries that analyze and summarize the database in different ways. I tried running a separate query that runs all 20 of these queries, but it's just too much for my computer. Is there a way to, maybe, write a macro that runs each query individually, and stores the result from each query? Any ideas on how to automate the running of these queries, and store the results? Edit/Delete Message soma wrote: >I'm working with a 1gb database and have about 20 queries that analyze and >summarize the database in different...

Problem with Visio after uninstalling OneNoteBeta2
I have been evaluating OneNoteBeta - part of Office11 which seems to add some common files. I have uninstalled these. However on launching Visio 2002 SR1 I can use it but continually get the following error: "cant load speech recognition file, windows installer error 1605 (unknown product)". More of a pain than anything else. But I have tried the repair option from tools menu that doesnt correct it. Dont really want to do a reinstall. Anyone else had similar problem or know relevant registry entries? Mike ...

Parameter queries
I have succesfully used range values as parameter values with MS Query and Excell2007. Suddenly this technique no longer works and when testing the queries I get the error message "SQL data type out of range". If I copy and paste the cell value into the criterion box of MS Query to replace the parameter prompt all works as expected. I get the same message with data types ranging from dates to simple strings. The SQL string seems to be the same as the older working versions. Please help! ...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Union Query with 3 tables
I'm trying to use a Union query with 3 tables to combine the following fields. Not all customers have a territory or broker; however, I would like al lthe customers listed in the output. Thanks for any help Customer Number from table 1 Territory Name from Table 2 Broker from table 3 What you are looking for is not a UNION query. A UNION query merges like data from multiple record sources into a single result set. In my experience, it's most common use is to normalize a poorly structured database. I believe what you want to do is create a query that links your Customer t...

Complex Query ?
I have a table with 2 fields, Order and Zone. There are many orders but there is only 7 zone types, A, B, C, D, F, J, N. In this table I only have the orders that have 2 zones on them, so each order# will appear twice with its respective zone. How do I write a query or queries that will show me the percentage of which zones appear together more often on orders? Example, 40% of all orders have zone A and B, 20% of orders have zone J & F, etc. Thanks, Sean SELECT zone, COUNT(*) AS howMany FROM tableName GROUP BY zone would return the number of records, per zone. To add th...