Unhandled exception (LIBTIFF3.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

Hi,

Does anyone know what cause this?

"Unhandled exception (LIBTIFF3.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation"

The yellow pointer always points me to the arrow I give below.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Apple

6FD872F4   test        eax,eax
6FD872F6   mov         esi,dword ptr [esp+68h]
6FD872FA   je          6FD87304
6FD872FC   cmp         dword ptr [eax],ebx
6FD872FE   je          6FD8738E
6FD87304   test        esi,esi
6FD87306   jne         6FD87346
========> 6FD87308   mov         edi,dword ptr [ebp+234h]
6FD8730E   xor         edx,edx
6FD87310   cmp         edx,edi
6FD87312   jge         6FD8732C
6FD87314   mov         ecx,dword ptr [ebp+230h]
6FD8731A   lea         esi,[esi]
6FD87320   mov         eax,dword ptr [ecx+edx*4]
6FD87323   cmp         dword ptr [eax],ebx
6FD87325   je          6FD87336
6FD87327   inc         edx
6FD87328   cmp         edx,edi
6FD8732A   jl          6FD87320
6FD8732C   xor         eax,eax

0
sapu0009 (1)
4/25/2006 8:27:18 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There is a window under the menu Debug/Window called call stack, work your
way up on the call stack to see what call, that you can actually read
(better yet where in your own code), is calling the code that you are
posting that's throwing the exception.

One other suggestion, it might be helpful to catch the exception in your
code, and look at its error information.

AliR.

"Apple" <sapu0009@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what cause this?
>
> "Unhandled exception (LIBTIFF3.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation"
>
> The yellow pointer always points me to the arrow I give below.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Apple

> 6FD872F4   test        eax,eax
> 6FD872F6   mov         esi,dword ptr [esp+68h]
> 6FD872FA   je          6FD87304
> 6FD872FC   cmp         dword ptr [eax],ebx
> 6FD872FE   je          6FD8738E
> 6FD87304   test        esi,esi
> 6FD87306   jne         6FD87346
> ========> 6FD87308   mov         edi,dword ptr [ebp+234h]
> 6FD8730E   xor         edx,edx
> 6FD87310   cmp         edx,edi
> 6FD87312   jge         6FD8732C
> 6FD87314   mov         ecx,dword ptr [ebp+230h]
> 6FD8731A   lea         esi,[esi]
> 6FD87320   mov         eax,dword ptr [ecx+edx*4]
> 6FD87323   cmp         dword ptr [eax],ebx
> 6FD87325   je          6FD87336
> 6FD87327   inc         edx
> 6FD87328   cmp         edx,edi
> 6FD8732A   jl          6FD87320
> 6FD8732C   xor         eax,eax

0
AliR3470 (3236)

Money 2005 Crash and Unusable Myisam05.dll
My Money Deluxe 2005 cannot open my file, nor can it open any of the 3 backups. The crash references "Myisam05.dll." I read the KB and the one post I found here, but I do not use investment toolbox. I cannot get to MS support, because I cannot even open Money for more than a few seconds before it crashes. I did try the Money 2006 Trial and it was able to open the file without an issue. However, I cannot figure out why 2005 no longer works. One other observationis that the current files have balooned in size, whereas the old, outdated backups and new 2006 backup are simil...

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

comdlg32.ocx and Access 2007
I have several Access databases that were originally written using an Access version prior to Access 2007. I am in the process of converting the databases and installing them on new machines running Win7 and Access 2007. Over the years, one of the References I commonly used was comdlg32.ocx. It does not appear that either Win7 or Access 2007 installs that particular Active X file. I can copy it from an older machine, but that seems like a strange solution. Is comdlg32.ocx a "legacy" Active X file and has it been replaced with a newer (and differently named) Activ...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Simple Access counting queries

Expression Too Complex in Access 2000
Hi, Consider the following query: SELECT crTbl.acct_1, crTbl.amount, crTbl.date FROM crTbl WHERE (((crTbl.acct_1)="Supplies") AND ((crTbl.date) Between [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![startDate] And [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![endDate])); The query works fine on my own computer in Access 2002. When converted to Access 2000 and used on an other computer, I get the following error: "This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables." The problem is with the "Between...

groups detail section totals access 2003
Hi all, I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet. I have what basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail rows. I want to total these rows in the report and display immediately below the detail section. I don't really want to group anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group. That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I can add my total columns. If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts grouping things and that is not what I want. I don't want to use the "page foo...

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

Converting a MFC DLL to a regular DLL
Hi, I have an MFC DLL which i have now removed the single MFC window that popped up error messages. I want to now convert it to a regular DLL. What parts of the code to i need to remove / modify? And what compiler settings need changing? On Aug 4, 6:05=A0am, hamishd <Hamish.D...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I have an MFC DLL which i have now removed the single MFC window > that popped up error messages. > > I want to now convert it to a regular DLL. What parts of the code to i > need to remove / modify? And what compiler settings need changing? I would create a dummy MFC reg...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

Access 2007 12-17-09
I am building a contact data base for my church. How do I get the phone field to automatically format like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx when the numbers are typed in the cell? -- Thank You In the form design view select the phone control and open the properties dialog. Goto the Data tab and use the Input Mask to define the format you wish to use. If you click on the ... to the right hand side on the property you will get another dialog where there are predefined input mask or you can define your own. For instance, I use !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ to format my telepho...

Include external DLL's path
Hello, I made an application which uses some 3rd party dll's. I want to put them in a separate folder next to my .exe (dlls are 16 in no. hence don't want to put them at the same level as the .exe to avoid cluttering of files). How is it possible for me to make my .exe utilize these dll's? I understand that a way out is to put the dll path in the CLASSPATH (or PATH?) of the system. I don't know how to do that. Is there a way out so that i don't have to set the CLASSPATH (or PATH, if so)? thanks in advance, Divya Rathore (for email ID, remove all the underscores) >I...

Creating Dialog Pointer with new, causes Exception
Hello all, I've written an MFC app, which has a tabbed interface. When it starts up, it checks my registry key, to determine how many tabs it needs, it then creates each tab, and puts a custom non modal, child dialog on each tab. The problem is, in release mode, it can only create the first dialog, the second one causes a memory exception. It *looks* like MFC doesnt like me trying to initialize a pointer like so, when that pointer is NULL. m_pDialogs[i] = new CMyDialog; Thing is, isn't that the whole point of the new operator? And malloc for that matter? The only difference, th...

Can Entourage be used to access Google Groups
I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on Entourage or Mac Mail? Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something everyone except me knows. Thanks, Michael Plog On 1/31/10 3:25 PM, Michael Plog wrote: > I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this > news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on > Entourage or Mac Mail? > > Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something e...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

MSDART.DLL Problem
Since upgrading from XP Home to XP Professional I get the following error message. CiceroUIWndFrame: Outlook.EXE - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL Any suggestions please? Download and install the latest version of MDAC available from the download site from Microsoft. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bernard" <bk@peterborough-cathedral.org.uk> wrote in message ...

link file from virtual windows xp to access 2007 on windows 7 plat
I am trying to link a paradox db file to access 2007 db. The paradox file resides on a virtual windows xp platform within the windows 7 platform of the physical machine. How do I map this field into access? -- cblackman ...

Unhandled exception at 0x10001e80 in EXCEL.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x10001e80.
Hi All, Does somebody know what's a shit is that? I installed XP from scratch, then all service packs and update, VS etc., finally I installed the Office 2000. When I close Excel (and Word as well) I get this error. Unhandled exception at 0x10001e80 in EXCEL.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x10001e80. I installed all service packs and updated over the office, no results. My friend told me that it's a big difference how did we install Office, in what order. If I install the Office exactly after Windows main installation, then install all other packages, updates, ...

Puzzling out the Navigation Pane (Access 2007)
Hi All, Been looking at the Access 2007 Navigation Pane as a replacement for the venerable Switchboard. Soo... I can create shortcuts to objects, put those shortcuts in Custom Categories and Groups and Disable the DesignView property of the shortcut. Ok. I can run an autoexec macro to hide all native categories. Fine. What's to prevent the end user from right clicking on the shortcut and enabling DesignView again? ...

administrator denied access to system manager
done a nice silly thing, accidentally changed the permissions on the administrator account to deny full access in the exchange organisation. i used the reg hack to access the security tab. i know that's why it's hidden to prevent things like this, so please dont remind me ;) thing is, although i can do most things from another admin account, i cant get access to that security tab, even with the reg hack for that user. so i cant undo the damage. is there any way or removing those permissions using another tool? i cant add the other amin account to the delegation wizard, it says...

Converting Access 97 to Access 2003 10-14-05
This is my first conversion. Can anyone offer tips on the easiest and safest way to convert a multi user database which was developed in Access 97 to Access 2003? You can try opening A2003, and before opening any database, choose: Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database. If you run into problems, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Jane...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 on same workstation
Sorry, this has probably been asked a thousand times. Can I install Access 2007 on a machine with Access 2003 and keep both versions. I used to do this with Access 2000 and 2003. Since I am a developer, I need to test and develope with the customers version. TIA Marcus Yes you can. However, be aware that there's currently a problem so that whenever you switch from one version to the other, it'll take several minutes. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Marcus Smaby" <mrsmaby@msn.mom> wrote in message news:%23...