Unable to set listening port on an activeX control

Hi.
I have incorporated an activeX control on my application but when i set
its listening port to a particular port it does not get set. When i do
a netstat -ab on the command line, the port that my application listens
to is some random port other than what i have set. What could be the
problem? And how do i get it right? The similar application works in
VB.

Regards
Rahul

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"rahulthathoo" <rahul.thathoo@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi.
> I have incorporated an activeX control on my application but when i set
> its listening port to a particular port it does not get set. When i do
> a netstat -ab on the command line, the port that my application listens
> to is some random port other than what i have set. What could be the
> problem?

You did something wrong.

> And how do i get it right?

If anything else fails read the manual, or at least tell us which of the
millions of Active X controls your are using, what you are doing with it,
what you expect it should do and what it actually does.

    Heinz

0
hozwirk.SPAM (112)
7/17/2006 12:14:55 PM
Is this a pre-existing ActiveX control or one you wrote yourself?  If it is pre-existing,
where did you get it?  Most vendors offer support via their own newsgroups or Web sites.
If you wrote it yourself, you need to show us some code.
				joe

On 17 Jul 2006 03:02:22 -0700, "rahulthathoo" <rahul.thathoo@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>I have incorporated an activeX control on my application but when i set
>its listening port to a particular port it does not get set. When i do
>a netstat -ab on the command line, the port that my application listens
>to is some random port other than what i have set. What could be the
>problem? And how do i get it right? The similar application works in
>VB.
>
>Regards
>Rahul
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

correct formulation of expression in control source
How can I combine 2 expressions that use the DCount function? For example, in control source, =DCount("[Field1]","qryX","[Field1]=True") will give me a value Y which I need to add to another value obtained by =DCount("[Field1]",qryZ","[Field1]=True"). I have tried various bits such as =DCount("[Field1]","qryX" And "qryZ","[Field1]=True") but that does not work. Can anyone help? Regards Have you tried =DCount("[Field1]","qryX","[Field1]=True") + DCount("[Field1...

Static TCP Port
Do we really need to configure both the registry keys for restricting AD Replication to specific ports? Wouldn't TCP/IP Port reg key alone wont' suffice? What is DCTcpipPort used for? Registry key 1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters Registry value: TCP/IP Port Value type: REG_DWORD Value data: (available port) Back to the top Registry key 2 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters Registry value: DCTcpipPort Value type: REG_DWORD Value data: (available port) begin 666 uparrow.gif M1TE&.#EA&qu...

I want to set up a form in excel where I can place a jpeg or pic.
The goal is to set up an excel form where I can place a jpeg or pic. I am very low level excel user but this is a big deal document for me. What do you plan to do with it Karl? Could you give us more information? I mean... you can just use Insert-->Picture-->From file to insert a jpg. What do you want to do? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "karl" <karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:787A30AE-3809-4466-85DE-DA56A0E99616@microsoft.com... > The goal is to set up an excel form where I can place a jpeg o...

re-post of .stm problem (unable to resolve)
Thanks all. No luck yet. It turns out tape back up had a defective tape so no luck getting a back up copy. As to suggestion below, here is what I am doing: 1. at dos prompt, go to \progra~1\exchsrvr\bin 2. type in: eseutil /p c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb /createstm Doesn't run and message is: Usage error: Invalid option '/createstm'. I must be making a mistake somewhere? Any help is appreciated. btw, this is exchange 2000 Dan > >> danno <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> > >> >somehow our priv1.stm file got del...

Adding variables to a static text control (displaying contents of array)
Hello, I was wondering if the following was possible ? I have a static text control in a dialog application. I also have an array which contains about 5 items. I would like the text control to display the contents of this array and then have a button which would move to next position into the array and thus the static text control would display something different ? How could achieve this? I'm using Visual Studio 6.0 and I'm quite new to MFC Many Thanks. >I have a static text control in a dialog application. I also have an >array which contains about 5 items. I would lik...

New to RMS: Having trouble setting up 2nd terminal.....HELP
We have an existing customer who has 1 server and 1 POS terminal. I have recently installed a 2nd terminal and am trying to match the settings and templates of the register 1 to the new register 2. The problem is with the on-screen keyboard. I've chosen the option to use the touchscreen keyboard in manager for register 2 and picked the template for the pre-configured keyboard layout; however, register 2 just refuses to display the template like register 1 does. I know ive got to be missing something. By the way, i forgot to mention that yes, i have enabled the touchscreen keyboard ...

set up account
? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail server without contacting my isp? Usually the tech suport section on the website of the provider has all of the details you'll need without contacting them directly... On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:55:06 -0800, "YANKY" <YANKY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail >server without contacting my isp? hmm, it kind of hit and miss. most isp's incoming mail servers use POP3 and SMTP for outgoing. the server for incoming i...

Problem setting BackStyle on Label
I have a problem with Properties on Label in particular, when added by a script. The sequence below works on CommandButton1 and Frame1 objects but behaves strangely with Label1 Public Sub addLabel() Sheet2.OLEObjects.Add "Forms.Label.1", _ Left:=100, Top:=75, Height:=15, Width:=200 End Sub Public Sub nameLabel() Sheet2.Label1.Name = "title1" End Sub Public Sub setLabel() Sheet2.title1.BackStyle = 0 Sheet2.title1.Caption = "My Text" Sheet2.title1.Font.Bold = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Italic = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Size = 12 End Sub The one property that doesn&...

Error in set up data source
I'm using Windows XP and Office 2K. I tried to set up a data source connecting to an Acces table. When I picked the fields to be included in my query, I got the 'Syntax error in FROM clause' error prompt. The same resulted for connecting to an Excel table but there was no such problem for connection to a dBase (.dbf) file. Any idea? -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

Signing ActiveX Controls
Hi, After creating an activex control, I used the SIGNCODE utility that comes with InstallShield Professional 6.3 to sign my .ocx file. Its asking for the certificate to use, which I don't have. How to aquire this certificate? and is it what I need to install and run my activex controls on client machines (when embedding the control into HTML document using OBJECT tag)? Thanx. I did this few years ago. I got the certificate from Verisign. They give you all the info including how to sign it using microsoft's technology. It used to cost around ~$400. Your clients can still us...

Controls on Form Limit
Is there a limit to the number of controls that can be on a form? I have have a big problem with a form I just finished designing and I am sure it is because of the amount of controls I have on the form. Any ideas. There is a limit of 754 controls over the life time of the form. Note that that means if you started with some controls and then deleted them, those are still part of the count. There's no way to reset the count. What you can do, however, is copy all of the controls on the form onto a new form (and copy the code from the form's module). -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Acc...

How do I set up moving averages in exel

Method of calling a function where function name is stored in a variable or control
Is there a way to call a function (or sub for that matter) where the function/sub name is stored in a variable? For instance lets say I have a table that stores some function names. On a form I have a list box that displays the records in that table. For this example lets say they all accomplish similar things and all require the same numbef of arguments and none of them return a value. If Call were the right method to accomplis this it might look sometihng like this Dim lngArgument as Long lngArgument = 1234 Call Me.lstBox, lngArgument In this case Call would run the function...

Settings Button , Customize Button and Service Calendar
Here are the links you can put inside the outlook client to access this menu's inside outlook without having to use the web client to make the changes in your organization Just creat a new folder in the CRM structure ( or not ) , in the properties windows ( homepage ) Insert the following info. Settings http://crm:port/tools/home_tools.aspx?pid=0 System Customization http://crm:port/tools/systemcustomization/systemcustomization.aspx?pid=0 Service Calendar http://crm:port/sm/home_apptbook.aspx You have to creat a folder for each link . Im using this , i dont know if microsoft recommen...

Unable to log into file
I read that I could not sign up for Experian if I updated a 2004 file. So I created a new 2005 with my current passport login/password. After I created my Experian account, I then went and removed online access to that file (2005). However when I try to log back into my original file, I enter the password and it begins to log in and then the password just goes blank with no error message. I have verified that no accounts are online, I have removed the passport login using Password Manager from my new 2005 account, but I still can not log back into my updated 2004 original money f...

dynamically created subclassed CComboBox doesnot recieve CBN_SELCHANGE in Activex Control
hi, Please ignore this post if a similar one appears. I posted yesterday and the post has not appeared on the NG yet. That said, let me explain the problem : I subclassed the CComboBox and am placing it on a CToolBar derivative. Both the combobox and the toolbar are created dynamically. I wish to trap the CBN_SELCHANGE message of the combobox and do some action in there. But the combobox doesnot seem to recieve the message (more precisely, the handler is never called).All this is in a classwizard generated MFC based Activex Control. Here is what I do: 1. In the main COleControl deri...

Deactivate formula after a set time
Is it possible to set formulas to deactivate after a given period o time? I email out a number of spreadsheets that have taken many hours/days t assemble to clients. If they choose to change suppliers (as one recentl did) they can simply use my spreadsheets and change the logos and th new supplier gets all the benefits without the pain! The value of the spreadsheets (the useful life of the data) is only few days so it would be useful if the formulas stopped working afte maybe a month. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated Ton -- y_no ------------------------------------------------...

Why my setting doesn't work?
I am trying to write a program similar to "ping".Like the example provided in MSDN,I call setsockopt function to set SO_RCVTIMEO value for my raw socket.And before I make a call to recvfrom,I call getsockopt to ensure that the value ihas been correctly set,and it has.But recvfrom does not return automatically when the specified timeout is exceeded,conversely ,it gets stuck permanently if no packet can be received. If anyone knows why ,could you please tell me what I should do to get the result I want?Thank you in advance for you help. ...

Dropdowns to Activex listboxes
Hi All, I have 8 dropdown boxes on a worksheet that reference an array (A5:A12 on a different worksheet (Player Array) and once a team is selecte form the dropdown the team members are added into the sheet auto, wha I want to do is change the dropdowns for activex listboxes so I hav more control over the properties ie: font size. How can I do this :( I can get the listboxes there but I cant seem t get them referencing the array. If you need a copy of the file pleas let me know. Any help much appreciated Thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Open the Control toolbox,...

Unable to connect to msn.com
Out of nowhere, I am unable to connect to msn.com. Initially I was being redirected to V14.msn.com. I was being told something along the lines that the server cannot be found. Then I just started getting sent to a search page (mywebsearch). No settings on my computer were changed that I'm aware of. I'm running Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! -- Mark H. "Mark H. - NJ" <MarkHNJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC1243D2-F280-4F54-8B71-02C2520D84AB@microsoft.co...

Money 2003 Unable to access file as .net password incorrect
I have having a very frustrating time with Microsoft Money. I have a .net password which i have always been prompted to use when opening my file. I have entered the correct password and can even change my password when clicking the "forgotten password" prompt. The program does not let me access my file and tells me my password is incorrect. I am unable to use my money file and am not even given the option to access my file without using .net passport services. I have tried contacting Microsoft but their advice via a generic email is to tell me to change password. Could some...

Set rights on folder
I want to make a script that makes 3 folders in the folder the script is run. (so far no problem) But one of the folders I want to change the folder security. Samlpe: Creating folder1, folder2 and folder3 Folder1 everyone, full controll, Folder2 everyone, full controll, Folder3 remove everyone and add the group "tecnical" -T Found all I needed here: http://www.activexperts.com/activmonitor/windowsmanagement/adminscripts/filesfolders/folders/ - T "Talinc" <terje@talinc.no> skrev i melding news:%23amqWNmcKHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I w...

how can I set a default language in PPT2007?
unlike Word, PPT does not appear to let the user define a default language that is used throughout a complete ppt document. PPT picks up the language from your keyboard. You can specify the language on your placeholders. Go to View | Slide Master, select the various placeholders, then choose the language for them on the Review tab. You can use the code at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245468 to change the language throughout the presentation. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/...

Unable to restore backup file
My business partner and I routinely exchange Money backups. I am able to access the the datafiles without a password but my partner suddenly cannot open anything I send to him - it is now requiring him to enter a password. I recently registered for a .NET passport but don't intentionally use it in Money - my partner does not have a .NET passport. Can anyone confirm the problem is .NET related? Ho do we fix it? ...

Unable to register ocx...
I am installing FRX 6.5 on WinXp having SP2. After the installation it displays that there are two ocx that failed to register. Upon running FRX, it displays two error messages: Component 'CSTEXT32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. ------------------------------------ The second message is: Run-time error '339': Component 'CSTEXT32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. _______________________ How can I resolve this problem... Thanks, John Hi You nee...