type of or isa function

I can't believe how much my MFC memory is failing me and I threw out my
books a few years ago, but I seem to remember a TYPEOF macro in MFC for
telling either the type of an object (instance of class so and so) or
the type of an object a pointer is referencing.  I cannot seem to find
it in the on-line help as it keeps bringing back C++ .Net answers which
don't work.  Is there not such a macro?  If so, what is it.

Thanks.

0
noone759 (6)
9/24/2004 11:33:20 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No One wrote:

> I can't believe how much my MFC memory is failing me and I threw out my
> books a few years ago, but I seem to remember a TYPEOF macro in MFC for
> telling either the type of an object (instance of class so and so) or
> the type of an object a pointer is referencing.  I cannot seem to find
> it in the on-line help as it keeps bringing back C++ .Net answers which
> don't work.  Is there not such a macro?  If so, what is it.
>
> Thanks.

CObject::IsKindOf()

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott

Excel 2007
I just upgraded to Office 2007 and am interested in formatting my chart to the fullest. How can I make 1 chart with several types of data. I have 8 points of data, and want to show the data in 1 chart in the following format: - 1 & 2 as a stacked column - 3 & 4 as another stacked column - 5 & 6 as stacked line - 7 as a separate column - 8 as a line I am having trouble forcing Excel to make these separate settings in one chart. Does anyone know how to do this. By the way, I know that this may be a busy chart. :-) Thanks! Mike ...

Merge records function
Is it possible to reuse the record merge function in CRM. Fx to call the function with a valid Account GUID with a URL-call to mergerecords ? I want this to open the merge windows with the GUID as the master record. ...

Using Float Type Variables for Primary on SQL 2005
We seem to have hit an oddity. We have a stored procedure that gets the next sequence number. It is protected by a transaction so no two processes could update the table of ids at the same time. Every so often, we get duplicates. How could that happen? Is the value based on mantissa? If so, is there a way to expanded it? Keep in mind, I can't change the type from float. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance On 2010-07-19 16:19, RG wrote: > We seem to have hit an oddity. > Please don't multi-post. If you have to post to multiple newsgroup...

Excel functions
Hi everyone, Hope somebody could help me with these problems. Problem #1. row 1 =DSUM(database,field,'$A4:$A5) where A4 = "destin"; A5 = "Consolidator 1" row 2 =DSUM(database,field,'$A6:$A7) where A6 = "destin"; A7 = "Consolidator 2" ..... row n =DSUM(database,field,'$An:$Am) where An = "destin"; Am = "Consolidator n" I waste a lot of rows for this criteria only because I do not know ho to create it another way, I mean (A4, A6 and so on) Problem #2 I have named several range of cells in workbook. I want to change...

Accounts with multiple Relationship Types
Hi all! With some of our company' s Accounts we have multiple Relationship Types (eg. a Reseller can be a Customer too etc). How can we insert this information in Microsoft CRM 1.2? Is it necessary to create custom fields in the Account Form? Thanks a lot! Elena Galiatsou Athens, Greece You could choose a "primary" relationship type from the combo box, and then add a memo field to track additional relationship types. Not elegant, but I think it's the best you can do with version 1.0/1.2. Mike "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote i...

Writting Function using VBA
Hi I am trying to write a function to return an address but instead I get #VALUE!. Public Function fnd(a, b) fnd = Range(a).Find(b).Address End Function Please help. Thanks. ..Find won't work in UDF's called from the worksheet until xl2002. Depending on the range (a), you could use application.match() through each column. If the range is small, you could just loop through the values in that range, too. nc wrote: > > Hi > > I am trying to write a function to return an address but > instead I get #VALUE!. > > Public Function fnd(a, b) > >...

How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s.
Q : How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s... E.g How i will come to know that i typed more than specified charater, when i am typing in that particular cell Your character to test is in A1 In another cell enter =CODE(A1)>CODE("s"). You will get TRUE or FALSE Or use =IF(CODE(A1)>CODE("s"),"Bigger","Not bigger") -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Dharamendra" <Dharamendra @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2427962-5283-43FD-B9B0-5B367EA2470A@microso...

back spacing is deleting what was already typed.
As I type a Document and need to add a word, or phrase by back-spacing Word deletes what was already typed letter by letter on that line. How do I correct the settings? That's what Backspace does on a computer. If you just want to go backward, use the left arrow key. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "TinaMarie" <TinaMarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C593814-5824-41EA-9854-7659B2F02217@microsoft.com... > As I type a Document and need to add a word, or ph...

converting hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizon
Hi , I am new to Visio 2003 . Can anybody tell me how can one convert hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizontal diagrams? Thanks Harsha Are you asking about a way to scan images into Visio and transform them into drawings? Or are you asking how to assemble a Cross Functional diagram? To make a Cross Functional diagram, you first choose how many bands to create. Then you click on the headings for the bands to change the text to the names you want. Switch to the Basic Flowchart shapes in the Shapes Window and drag out the Process shapes to create the steps in you...

create a csv file type format for a centrally access address book
Hello, We have Outlook 2003 clients on a LAN with a Small Business Server 2003 Standard editon box. We require a single fax document sent to new or existing clients with using our shared fax service from the SBS. Is there a way to create a .CSV file type format in Microsoft Excel for our new client database and import this information into Exchange as a seperate address book for fax use? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Joe See my response to your post in the contacts newsgroup.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart...

Excel super slow on paste function in 2007
When you copy and paste one cell to another I get the circular waiting bar and after 4-5 seconds it pastes. If I'm doing a bunch of cells, it still takes 4-5 seconds per cell and the cells will appear right to left, 1 every 4-5 seconds until it's complete. If I hit ESC, everything copies and pastes right away. This started happening when we converted a 2003 file to 2007. It affects everyone so it's not my PC, it's the document. There are no active add-ons but I recently downloaded an add-in that I got from this discussion board to find hidden links (it's d...

Operator Overload between different types
I'm trying to implement the overload for two different kinds of objects. I tryed for example: Dog1 + Dog2; Dog Dog::operator+(Dog& s) { return this->nBau + s.nBau; } it works fine. I need something... Dog1 + Cat1; ??? Dog::operator+(Cat& s) { return ???; } How can i implement my overload between different types and what type of object must return? I can only compile my program only specifing "return 0" in overload function but it doesn't work. Maybe i must implement overload function as static function outside class Dog? Some help please. My final n...

internet explorer mime type resubmit to window error
I have an web-app that can produce a receipt by submiting a html table into a new window and setting the mime type to Excel. This functionality works fine. If the user does not close this window and goes to create a new receipt then the excel plugin within explorer simply copies the data within the previous window into the new window and ignores the new data. Is there any solution to this problem? First, I don't know what I'm talking about. Second, it does sound like some kind of caching problem. Is there anyway you can force the web application to refresh the cached data? ...

Automatic Functions in Excel
Hi There I am developing a Time Sheet in Excel for Staff to record times worked on it. I am using the 1904 date system as occasionally a negative total will be displayed. I would like it if someone was on annual leave they would be able to record this by typing in "Annual Leave" or "A/L" or something similar then the total for that day to display as 7:00 (this is in hours). At present the "total" column runs a calculation of the time finished minus the time started. Is this possible? Regards Colin Hi Colin, StartTime in column A, end ti...

is there a baby-sitting function in Exchange
SBS2003 Premium. One user is not very diligent on reading and responding to emails. He is on the road quite a bit and when he gets back he will not remember that one important email that we needed to respond to. Is there a way that I can have other users have his mailbox open as well, so that they can monitor it and make sure things get replied to? There appears to be such functionality in OL2003, but it just doesn't open the mailbox. Plus his password changes every 30 days, as per the administrator settings, how do we deal with that? Thanks in advance, Robert Assign Full Mailbox ...

cross-referencing new reference types
I created a new reference type for a document: Text box (instead of Figure or Table, etc.). Sometimes after I save and close my document, Text box is in the list of reference types that can be cross-referenced and sometimes it is not. When it is gone, I have to recreate Text box as a type, then word recognizes those that are already there so I can cross-reference them again. How do I avoid this intermittent loss??? Caption labels are stored in the Nomal template, so if you lose them I'm guessing that you are somehow prevented from saving to the Normal template. Try savin...

DLL tell what type of application is running.
I'm writing a general purpose error handler that will be used by Windows Apps, Web Apps, Window's Services, ... In other words - just about any program will be calling it. Part of this error routine would be to put up a message box if it's a windows app but only if it's a windows app. How can I make sure that the application that is running is actually a Window's app. I currently am passing in parameters to display the message if appropriate but I want to make sure that somebody doesn't by accident call the routine with a message to display for something ...

How to Declare Pointer to Member Function?
I have a thread that needs to make data visible to a function inside a separate class. In the past, I was using PostMessage to get my information to the class function, but occasionally a message gets lost this way. I could declare the class function as static, but then the function would not be able to interact with other parts of the class. The data is thread safe. // header: typedef void (*PtrToLpMsg)(LPTSTR lpMsg); PtrToLpMsg g_AddStatusMsgFn; // code: CMain::CMain() { g_AddStatusMsgFn = AddStatusMsgA; } void CMain::AddStatusMsgA(LPTSTR lpMsg) { // other code } On Mon, 16 ...

How do i use auto text to fill in a word after type few letters
i am trying to set my auto text to like at the end of a document , if i type Sat... a screen tip will appear and display full Saturday? There is no autocomplete function in Word 2007, like that you describe, other than for dates. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> ...

OMA\Active-Sync\OWA and ISA 2004
Currently I am running Exchange Ver 6.5 (Build 7638.2 SP2). I have OWA working externally using SSL-to-SSL on my ISA 2004 firewall. This was configured according articles on MS and isaserver.org. I have OWA-Forms based authentication set on the firewall. I need to get a Treo 650 working remotely through the ISA firewall. The device will sync up just fine internally. Any ideas on how I should get the device to work externally would be greatly appreciated. ...

Use Rule to Fire Off Net Send Type Messages
Outlook 2003 I would like to know if there is a way to use an Outlook rule to send something like a Net Send message to another computer. One possible stumbling block is that we have the Messenger service disabled on our machines, so Net Send itself will not work unless we enable that service. For the few machines that the message would need to go to, we may be able to turn on the Messenger service. Nonetheless, I would like to know if there are any ways to accomplish this without needing to enable the Messenger service. You may be wondering why we want to do this. We have a mailbo...

Function to control how data displayed
I have 2 columns that I exported from Access to Excel. In Access th columns were Yes or No. In excel they display as True or False. I wan them to show as Yes or No what is the function to make this happen? Thank you! -- LOgle531 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LOgle5318's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2659 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39860 LOgle5318, Assuming your True and False are in columns A & B then In C1 put =IF(A1="True","Yes") and...

XL2003: INDIRECT() function changes calling cell
Hello all, It appears that the INDIRECT() function changes the calling cell. Let me try to explain: I have a dynamic named range "NR6.PerMonth": - When "=NR6.PerMonth" is in cell C27 on the "Summary" sheet, it will refer to/return cell C982 on the "6" sheet. - When "=NR6.PerMonth" is in cell D27, it will refer to/return cell D982....and so on and so forth, going across. BUT!!! (A26 on the "Summary" sheet is a formula that returns the number 6...A982 on the "6" sheet is a label): - When '=I...

Aggregate data types mismatch
Using reporting services 2008. Getting a really weird error when calculating a variance between a budget and actual amount in the report. Both the underlying fields are of data type 'money', but when performing the calc in the report writer, i am getting the following error: [rsAggregateOfMixedDataTypes] The Value expression for the textrun 'Variance_MTD_ActualvsBudget1.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]' uses an aggregate function on data of varying data types. Aggregate functions other than First, Last, Previous, Count, and CountDistinct can only aggregate data of a si...

usb with interupt transfer type
i am working on third party device(screen touch monitor ) for usb driver, transfer type for usb is interupt based , can u give me the templete for the usb driver with interupt transfer type . Hi, I would recommend using WinUSB for forward compatibility. Asaf suhas <suhas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >i am working on third party device(screen touch monitor ) for usb driver, >transfer type for usb is interupt based , can u give me the templete for the >usb driver with interupt transfer type . As I pointed out when you posted this question o...