troubles making libraries with VC++ 5.0

Hello,

I am trying to put some code into a 'C' style library.
When I use visual studio to generate a project I make
a static library project and then put the functions (C files)
into the project.

When I compile I get no complaints from the compiler.
The problem is when I use the library the linker complains that
it can't find the routines in the library. (Yes, i've added the library to
my build)

Linking...
blah.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol SomeFunction

When I use dumpbin to look at the library /EXPORTS shows nothing.
Dumpbin /ALL shows that the code segments, etc. are all in the library......

Am I missing an essential compiler flag or #define somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Peter

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Printing Question #5
How do I print worksheet pages from various workbooks from one worksheet. Either an Excel or VBA solution woudld be fine. Thanks, John John In VBA you could open all the workbooks and then print them, this code opens two and prints everything in each Sub PrintOtherBooks() Dim wb1 As Workbook, wb2 As Workbook Set wb1 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Book1.xls") wb1.PrintOut wb1.Close SaveChanges:=False Set wb1 = Nothing Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Book2.xls") wb2.PrintOut wb2.Close SaveChanges:=False Set wb2 = Nothing End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampt...

Excel macro #5
I have recorded a macro that formats a cell, I am unable to stop recording the macro with the focus on the same cell. Hitting return I can then stop recording but get a range statement at the end of the macro. This is what I have for the macro: With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 39 .Pattern = xlSolid .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic End With ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "^" Range("H27").Select This causes the macro to end o up on the H27 cel after every time the macro is run. Is there any way to keep the focus on the active cell I ...

Upgrade path from 6.0 to 8.0? Fastest...
What is the fastest upgrade path from greatplains 6.0 to 8.0? I would rather not have to go through intermediate GP versions to upgrade the database. Is there a reliable way around this? Are there some utilities or docs to assist in this? thanks. Chris csiege@trimeris.com That path is not supported. You have to go through 7.5. Hopefully, you are at least on SQL Server. "trimer@community.nospam.com" wrote: > What is the fastest upgrade path from greatplains 6.0 to 8.0? > I would rather not have to go through intermediate GP versions > to upgrade the database. Is t...

How can I allow other users to make changes in a shared workbook
I have everything set up properly and other users cannot make and save changes in a shared workbook. Any suggestions? What happens when they try to make changes? If the worksheet is protected (and that's what is stopping them, unshare the workbook, unprotect the worksheet, unlock the cells that should be able to be changed, reprotect the worksheet, reshare the workbook and try it again.) What happens when they try to save? (I don't have a guess here.) yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.co wrote: > > I have everything set up properly and other users cannot make and save...

exchange 5.5 owa cann't logon in mailbox
when I use owa to logon,the www publish service and IIS admin service will stop response.I have to restart the IIS.But after restart , the first time I can logon in mailbox,and then fail again.My user use ms outlook 2003,the mail server is exchange 5.5.I have installed KB818709,but it doesn't work, most of the time,I can only open the logon.asp page,can't logon to mailbox.Please help me. error message: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot con...

Trouble sending e-mails
I have a yahoo e-mail account setup with outlook 2003. I can download my mesages but I can't send e-mails. They just sit in the outbox..all the "pop3" info and "smtp" info is correct...any suggestions? ...

VC++ #7
Hi, I have created a dialog box in MFC. I want to continuously update the drawing on the opengl window which inherits from CWnd class and is the child of dialog box. now depending upon the message that the window is receiving, I call the draw function in OnPaint member function of opengl window. now the application runs but it does not take any mouse clicks etc. I am sure I am doing something wrong. This is the first time I am working with MFC. Please help. Hi, "noor.fatma@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > I have created a dialog box in MFC. I want to continuously update &g...

Outlook quits 0.5sec after opening
This happened after I had unchecked some things in msconfig Startup I tried putting them back to no avail May also have occured after uninstalling Norton Anti Spam Trial Version -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- "Trevor Appleton" <trevor@nospamweatherdot4dinternetdocodotuk> wrote in message news:401d6d82$1_8@corp.newsgroups.com... > This happened after I had unchecked some things in msconfig Startup > > I...

If 100.0% display 100%
I have a sheet where several numbers are compared and the difference is displayed in percentage. For instance, if the first number is 1 and the second number is 2, then the difference is +1 or 100%. The numbers I have are much more complex and varied, so my percentage is actually set to display 1 decimal place. But there are some occasions when the percentage is a whole number, like 100%, and I don't want that trailing zero there. Is that possible to remove somehow, leaving numbers that are not whole with their .7 or .2 decimals? Sorry this was meant to be posted to the Excel group...

DBMS: 2627 Great Plain, Great Plain 0
wHAT IS THIS This is a SQL error, not Great Plains. Here might be something that can help. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A BACKUP OF DYNAMICS AND COMPANY DATABASE BEFORE STARTING. Issue Error - "[Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] [SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint PKRM30301 Cannot Insert duplicate key in object RM30301" occurs when running Paid Transaction Removal in Receivables Management. Note - When you hit OK on this dialog box, an information dialog box appears stating "The stored procedure in Paid Transaction Removal returned the following results: DBMS:26...

Display text with Unicode format (ex: Chinese) on controls written by VC6.0
Hi all, We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese Idea? Thanks. >We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode >format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese With VC6 you can build a debug (or release) Unicode project that when run on a proper Unicode platform (like XP) should be able to display Chinese or Japanese texts (providing the font you're using has the characters). Dave Tittle bar, menu, button can display text with Unicode format when i build a debug Unicode project? We can use fo...

trouble with excel #5
Hello, Iam trying very hard to find a fourmula in order to calculate holiday for my employees. The problem is as follow... If they are in the company for less than 2 years they are entitle to 20 days between the 1st of January and the 31st of december If they are in the company between 2 and 5 years they are entitle to 22 days from their anniversary date. If they are in the company for more than 5 years they are entitle to 25 days from their anniversary date. My problem is to take in consideration their anniversary date (ex starting date the 15 of march 2000 how many holidays does this perso...

Internet Explorer 6.0 Sp1 Component Update 3.0 for Windows 98
For those of you that want to use various Win-2K updates from Microsoft and apply them to your Win-98 system, this update package has been designed to bring together all those various updates and install them automatically. MD InternetExplorer 6.0sp1 Component Update 3.0 *Windows Script Update 5.6 *971961 - Unofficial JScript Security Update *944338 - Unofficial Windows Script Security Update *973354 - Unofficial Outloook Express Cumulative Security Update *976325 - Unofficial Internet Explorer Cumulative Security Update (with uninstall) *905495 - Unofficial Security Update (MSI...

Deleting a Company in GP 8.0
I wanted to delete a test company and recreate a new test company with the same ID. However, I accidentally deleted the company through SQL Server 2000's Enterprise Manager before deleting it within Great Plains. Now when I try to create the company in GP Utilities, I get an error message indicating 'This ID has been assigned to another company'. When I try to delete this company in GP, I get an error message indicating the database could not be located in 'sysdatabases'. How can I completely remove this database from GP? Thanks. -- Bob Bob, If you delete the D...

help on macro for making chart
Hi, i want to make a plot using macro where I want my x-axis to be the value from the same column but random rows for example R18C3,R19C3,R21C3,R23C3,R25C3,R27C3 ( only rows are changing) and my Y-axis should also be something like this R18C5,R19C5,R21C5,R23C5,R25C5,R27C5 ( only rows are changing) For one plot It is working but i do not know how i can plot for other columns... the code looks like this Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 3/30/2007 by Roger ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+m ' Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterLines ...

In HQ make works sheets formulas go cross tables..
It would be great to have more functionality in the HQ worksheet formula's if you add a supplier and they have a lot of items, but the costs are the same, a lot of time could be saved if you could copy the cost from the standard cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Tv Tuner Sabrent USB 2.0
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit Sony VAIO Notebook VGN-NR350FE 3G RAM Hard Disk 250GB Not audio in WinDVR and audio volume is Max -- Xmortal ...

Upgrading MS CRM 3.0 to MS CRM 4.0
We have an MS CRM 3.0 setup and running well for quite long time. We would like to upgrade it to MS CRM 4.0. Current setup is, 1. Lot of reports added & customized for user needs 2. Lot of entities added & customized for user needs 3. Lot of forms added & customized for user needs 4. Lot of custom developed pages added (developed in ASP.NET 1.1). Of course it's running on separate site but integrated inside the MS CRM 3.0 (so typically used MS CRM 3.0 service calls) 5. Lot of Stored Procedure's & View's added 6. Customized the settings based on user needs My do...

excel 5.0
About a year or so ago I purchased an old version of excel 5.0 on floppy disks as my wife's old favorite laptop does not have a CD drive. Apparently 1 disk is bad and it will not load all of the program. The only thing it will not do is go to landscape. Everything else works OK. Can someone please help with the problem. Thanks a lot. John Lewis Hi John 5 is an old babe. But I assume you by landscape talk printouts. There's probably a conflict between the printer driver and the old lady. Perhaps she won't recognize a 10 years younger printer as a fullblown printer, or ...

Excel prob = Compile error cant find project or library
when i open excel 2002 on my xp pro pc it opens up with te error Compile error cant find project or library then takes me into the VB, the section it takes me to is talking bout setlanguagestrings? but when you close this screen excel works fine. any help please thanks in advance David Hi, Maybe an add-in with a programming error is bothering you. 1 Tools, Add-ins 2 note which are checked 3 uncheck all (but one) 4 restart XL 5 if no error, check the next one and repeat from step 4 Got the error? uncheck the one you last checked. Not an add-in? It will be a (hidden) workbook t...

How do I make text italic in a publisher text box?
I've copied an item into publisher. The font automatically changed. I changed the font back to what is was originally. That worked, along with items that were once again bold. However, the entire text WAS italicized and now it's not. How do I italicize my text now? Select the text and italicize it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "81gator" <81gator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35607A56-CAE8-4E6D-8FD3-FC6545B2AA9A@microsoft.com... > I've copied an item into pu...

How do I make a read only file?
In publisher - is there a way to make a read only file as you do for EXCEL or Word? Thanks Brenda You can change the attributes but if you send someone a .pdf file it will do the same thing. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Brenda Mickelson" <brenda@dee-bee.com> wrote in message news:553CD213-E916-4E24-9F30-EAD0F1FEA628@microsoft.com... > In publisher - is there a way to make a read only file as you do for EXCEL > or Word? > > Thanks > Brenda ...

Standard Reports on CRM 3.0
I am trying to setup CRM 3.0; I have set it up on sql 2005 and migrated the data from ACT with no errors. when I click on reports in workplace a message is displayed - an error has occurred - contact the system administrator. I ran the environment diagnostic tool and no errors appeared. Can anybody point me in the right direction to resolve this. For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log onto the Microsoft CRM Server. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed. Open the web.config and chang...

importing/exporting Outlook Express 6.0 Messages
Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edition: Following intruction for exporting/importing message fail! "Cannot initialize MAPI" Importing/exporting address book does not work either. Appreciate help. Thanks. Please post in an Outlook Express Group.: Microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress "joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16bf501c44845$c856ede0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook > Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edit...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #4
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) How could contribute and be a part of its computer environment.(Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...