trouble docking control bars vertically on the MainFrame

I'm attempting to attach a series of dockable control bars (of type CDialogBar) to the MainFrame of my application.  The dialog bars should be placed in a single column on the right hand side of the MainFrame (i.e. each dialog bar should be docked immediately above the next).  Unfortunately, when I add the dialog bars to the MainFrame, they get placed side by side (horizontally, instead of vertically)

To change this behavior, I've tried the following ..

1.) setting the bar styles using the following flags CBRS_ORIENT_VERT vs. CBRS_ORIENT_HORZ
2.) overriding CControlBar::CalcDynamicLayout  (CDialogBar derives from CControlBar
3.) hanlding the messsage WM_SIZEPARENT and overriding CControlBar::OnSizeParen

Nothing seems to work for me.  I can see in the MFC code (in CDockBar::CalcFixedLayout) why my dialogs are being placed incorrectly.  But  I can't seem to be able to change the value of the variable in the MFC code (called 'bHorz') that causes my dialog bars to be docked side-by-side instead of vertically

Any ideas?  Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)
6/3/2004 1:51:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Using Custom Installation Wizard: Leave off Language Bar
I'm using the Custom Installation Wizard to install Outlook 2003 at my company. Unfortunatley I cannot figure out how to keep the language bar from installing. Can someone please tell me where, in the Installation Wizard, that I can find the option to turn off the language bar? Thanks. ...

Trouble with addresses using BCC
I often get mail I want to send on using BCC , sometimes I can list all the addresses I want to send the email to, othertimes can do say 5 & then it won't copy any more, other times it works ok, sometimes just won't copy any at all. I do have all the addresses I want to use stored in Contacts. I do not have that problem with my Yahoo a/c or my WLM a/c, only WM. Any idea what is happening ...

Handling check box event in List Control
Hi, I have a list control in a property page of a property sheet. The list control has a single column in Report view, with checkboxes (LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES set). How do I handle the check/uncheck event of an item in the list control? I want to enable the 'Apply' button of the property sheet only if the user checks/unchecks an item, but not if an item is just selected or deselected. TIA, SD Handle LVN_ITEMCHANGE and check the check state. "SD" <SD@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:BF4265CC-F5AE-4F8B-98FF-5F940D6CE1C7@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > ...

trouble with GetMenuItemInfo function
Hi all I use GetMenuItemInfo function to retrive a menu text, I do as the function's remarks, but failed to get menu text, why My codes are follows MENUITEMINFO miinfo miinfo.cbSize = sizeof(MENUITEMINFO) miinfo.fType = MFT_STRING miinfo.fMask = MIIM_TYPE miinfo.dwTypeData = NULL pSubMenu->GetMenuItemInfo(index, &miinfo, TRUE) first , I want to get the menu text's length, use the code above, the miinfo.cch member is zero why did this happen thank you! On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 23:11:06 -0700, Andrew wrote: > miinfo.fType = MFT_STRING; > miinfo.fMask...

Download from Bank Troubles
I need help. My wife downloaded our statements from our bank online. This is something we have done successfully within Money many times. However, this time there was approximately 4 months worth of transactions and it took several attempts to actually receive the download without Money crashing. We finally did it. The problem is that when we click on "Read Online Statements" or "Transactions to read: 980" the scroll bar loading it finishes and then the program just hangs. The computer's hard drive keeps working (and will continue to do so for up to 20 hours)...

IE8 troubles
I have used all versions of Internet Explorer over the years. Some have been better than others. I originally changed to IE8 while usiing XP and then again with Vista. However, when I began using Windows 7 as my OS, my IE8 fell apart. It stalls, crashes frequently. It won't load some apps like Flash player even after it tells me I need to download the latest version when I know I already have it, etc. I've gone to all the MS sites looking for a way to repair IE 8 to no avail. At this point I long for the old Repair link in Control Panel under Remove programs. At le...

PO linked SO invoice troubles
Hello experts :) We have been having some trouble lately about Sales orders that are linked to Purchase orders. When we partially receive the PO we want to then invoice the parts we did sell and ship. It seems we cannot invoice without breaking the link to the PO. Has anyone else had any trouble like this or have any ideas to try? Thanks -- Rick We've had the same problem since Go-Live (2006). We're on GP10 (from V8 SP5) and there seems to be no fix in sight. I will be interested to see responses also. -- Tim Foster "Rick" wrote: > Hello experts :) >...

MFC Custom Control
Hi, This is so stupid, but I'm beating myself over the head with it, I'm sure the answer is obvious... er.. I'm writing a MFC Custom Control. It is a Calculator control, made up of a read only CEdit showing the results window, and 25 CButtons representing the various functions of the calculator (i.e. individual number keys, operators etc..) I'm putting it on a dialog in resource editor as a Custom Control. In the control, I have a handler for ON_WM_KEYDOWN(), which successfully filters out irrelevant keypresses and handles relevant ones. I tried using ON_WM_CHAR but...

trouble opening .mny file
My hard drive crashed on my main computer and had to get a new one. I have been trying to recover my .mny file but having problems. I have a recent file saved on an external hard drive and on a flash drive. The original installation was Money 2003 and then upgraded to Money 2005. It went through its own standard update about three weeks ago. I am installing Money 2005 on the new hard drive and when I point to my most recent .mny file I get the following error: You are attempting to open a file of type "Microsoft Money 2004 backup .M12 This is a money 2004 file. Use the file command...

trouble importing .pst
I've installed Outlook 2000 on a new computer - during the setup, it would not create a "service" because there were no pre-existing Personal Folders. So I had to create a service with the Personal Folder from my archived .pst file, then created my mail account. The Inbox and Contacts are all imported intact. However, the contact folder doesn't seem to be referenced internally. When I search for contacts, there is no contact folder, and I can't ctrl-k to auto-complete an email address from the contacts list. When I look at Tools -> Services, there is my I...

Control Size of Scatter Chart Symbol
How do I control the size of the symbols in an XYScatter chart from VB? Hi, Macro recorder is good for getting an idea of the properties required to alter a setting. This changes the 2 marker in the 1st data series. ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Points(2).MarkerSize = 14 Cheers Andy Bill Sturdevant wrote: > How do I control the size of the symbols in an XYScatter chart from VB? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Adding Scroll Bars and a Toolbar to an ActiveX Control
Hi: In an earlier posting where I asked how to move a Multi-Document application over to a larger Dialog-based application it was suggested that I turn my current application into an ActiveX control and embed it in the new application (thank you, Jerry Coffin). I've run into a couple of problems in doing that. First, the working area of my application is larger than the window, so I need scroll bars and I don't know how to add them to the ActiveX control. Second, my current application has a Toolbar and I don't know how to add a toolbar to the ActiveX control. Can someone tell...

Can i use a MFC control in a non-MFC window ?
Hi, I'd like to use a MFC control in a non-MFC window (for GINA limitations). Is it possible to link this control to my window handle ? The requirement when developping a GINA is that i have to use the DialogBox function provided by the Winlogon, and so, I can't use a pure MFC dialog box without overloading the DoModal function and it's a big mess. For one of my windows i want to use the CListBoxST class found on CodeGuru. So i wanted to create a CListBoxST objet and attach it to my window handle. Is it possible without having to "port" the whole class in Win...

Troubles with meeting requests
Have a user that has reported when ever she gets a meeting request and goes to accept it Outlook2002 becomes unresponsive for about 5 minutes. Then after the extreme wait she gets the typical "send response..." window. When she pushes ok, again takes about 5 minutes but this time you get the slow response from server window...with the cancel option. All other functions work normally with no problems or slownessNo one else gets this problem at all. Any ideas? Jason Assuming that Office XP is patched with the latest SP, it could be her calendar is corrupt. One option that may be ...

SSRS 2008 charts
Hello, I've created a bar chart in SSRS 2008. Even when I add minor tick marks you still have to guess the value of each bar. I'd like to have the actual value of each bar listed. Maybe above each bar or somewhere where the user does not have to guess what the value of the bar represents - they can see the actual value. Is there a way to do this in SSRS 2008? Thanks in advance G Right click on the chart and select "Show Data Labels" On Jan 25, 7:43=A0pm, GiJeet <gij...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, I've created a bar chart in SSRS 2008. =A0Even whe...

Align text vertically
I'm using Pub 2002, and I'm ashamed to admit I can't figure out how to "Align text vertically" in the text box. Obviously I'm going crazy, 'cause I'm sure I've used this feature on previous editions of Publisher I've owned. Please, someone, put me out of my misery (but not before answering the question, please). -- Jim Dixon After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jim Dixon <jimd@teoil.com>... > I'm using Pub 2002, and I'm ashamed to admit I can't figure out how to > "Align text ve...

Scroll Bars
How do I change the arrow button size of windows scroll bars? I want to change them only for my app, not all windows apps. I am making a touch screen and need these bigger. -- Please reply to the group so all can benefit. Mel Mel, Touch screen implementation is best done creating your own controls. I.E. you'd need to create a new scrollbar object with the features and sizes you'd like. The other way around this is to leave the scroll bars as they are, and create to large-ish buttons for up and down, and link them into view so that button presses act as scrolls. Dan. "M...

RUNTIME_CLASS for CDialog Controls?
Anyone out there have a way to get runtime typing for controls in a = CDialog class? I'm creating a CTabCtrl containing various CDialog's, and when the user = clicks the "OK" button I'd like to walk through all of the controls in = each of the tabs/dialogs and create a hash table using the control ID # = and the value / state of the control. Here's what I've got for the = tab/dialog iteration: ----<snip>--- void CTabPanel::GetData () { for (int lp =3D 0;lp < GetItemCount ();lp++) { // m_aoTabs[] is a CObjArray of CDialogs CWnd...

outlook trouble printing
I have trouble at times, when I try to print an email message from outlook and outlook hangs. If I go into word and print a document, it works fine. Any ideas? ...

Menu Bars
My menu bars are inconsistant. I want my File Edit View Insert Format Tools ... bar to be on the very top of my screen. When I move it to the top it works for that email, the next one I open up its back between the Outlook Read Mail and E-mail menu bars. I've changed the bars, closed Word and Outlook and re-opened Outlook but it still reverts back to being in the middle. Why does this happen? ej You may have a corrupt outcmd.dat file. Try renaming your outcmd.dat file to outcmd.old while Outlook is closed. Outlook will rebuild the default toolbars the next time you open it...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

Excel stock control system - Completely stuck
Hi guys I'm creating a stock control system as part of a project that I shoul have done a long time ago.. and now that it's came to crunch time I'v realised I don't know what the hell i'm doing. I've pretty much gott have this done by friday :( Basically what I want to do with my system is: a) Add items of stock to a list b) Create a 'sales' function that deducts the amount of stock and add to the number of 'sales' c) A function that stores the date of the sale on a seperate sheet d) A function that averages out the number of sales then automaticall a...

White bar
Hi, I have a white bar that appears when I print my tri-fold brochure. However, it does not appear when I have it on my screen, nor am I able to select the white bar. Could it possibly be my template? If so, how do I get rid of the template, and make it a simple blank tri-fold publication? Thanks for the help!! Did you look on the background (Master Page, ctrl+m) for the object? If you want a blank tri-fold, look on the arrange menu to see how the margins and columns are laid out on the template and input this information on a new publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micro...

how do I activate horizontal or vertical position on report
I cant seem to activate horizontal or vertical position control in report design unlike Access 2003 -- henry ...

tool bar event handlers,
VS2005 has the option "add event handler" for menu item clicks. I can't seem to find similar functionality for tool bar button presses. Do I have to do it manually? Also, does it matter which class I handle tool bar WM_COMMAND messages? My book seems to suggest the main frame, but I'm not sure if this is a restriction since there is the message mapping functionality. Can I handle it in the document class, for example? Or is it "better form" to handle it in the main frame, and then use GetActiveDocument to communicate the info? > Also, does it matt...