TreeView and research function

Hi,

I'm using a TreeView to display several information to user.
1. I would like to know if exist a method to hide some of TreeView's rows ?
2. The same for showing all rows ?
3. Does a search function exist to research a "string" part through all
cells of TreeView ?

thanks,
Maileen

0
nospan (13)
5/2/2004 11:55:30 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Maileen <nospan@email.com> wrote in message news:<OQiWZxDMEHA.3216@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a TreeView to display several information to user.
> 1. I would like to know if exist a method to hide some of TreeView's rows ?
> 2. The same for showing all rows ?

You mean nodes/leaves/vertex, but not rows.  I think you'd need to
redraw the entire tree without the nodes that you don't want to
display.

> 3. Does a search function exist to research a "string" part through all
> cells of TreeView ?

I guess you meant nodes instead of cells.  You can traverse the tree
using the GetRootItem, GetNextItem, GetChildItem and GetItem member
functions of CTreeCtrl class.  GetItem will return a pointer to TVITEM
structure that contains attributes (pszText) of a specified node.

Please make sure to use the terminology correctly, so others
understand what you're asking.  I guess that is one reason why noone
has answered yet,

Szabolcs.

> thanks,
> Maileen

Newly Created Function not Working
Hello I am using an excel function that I dropped into a VBA module. Th function works fine for me but when I copied the function into colleauges computer it is not working. We keep getting the error NAME returned. Any ides as to why this could be happening? We are bot running excel 2000. The function I am using is the sheetoffset functio if that helps at all -- nuve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1003 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

COUNTIF Function #5
Is it possible for COUNTIF to calculate two celll ranges that meet two separate criteria? My closest, but unsatisfactory attempt, looked like this: =COUNTIF(PROFILE,"A"&IF(ORIENTATION,"LANDSCAPE")) it returned a zero. I was hoping for a 2. Profile is a NAMED cell range with entries such as A, B2, C etc. Orientation is a NAMED cell range with text entries such as Portrait, Landscape etc. I want Excel to count the number of occurences with "A" and "Landscape" occuring in the same row. I'm just starting to use nested funciton with Excel...

Tab function sets me forward one page instead of one row
Recently, for no apparent reason, when I hit the "Tab" key, the active cell moves to the right by a whole page instead of one column. Where can I reset this option to get the basic functionality that allows me to "tab forward" by one column only? I am using MS Excel 2003 SP1. Thanks. <Tools> <Options> <Transition> tab, And *Uncheck* "Transition Navigation Keys". -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================...

Help me "dissect" this function (Excel 2002 [XP])
=DSUM(Membership,Membership!$C$49,C1:C3)+DSUM(Revenue,'Revenue Projects'!$D$2,C1:C3) I'm trying to adapt a budget worksheet from another non-profit for our use. I don't know who the author is and I've had it a couple years, so trying to go that route for help is a non-starter. I don't understand why they have Membership twice; I guess one is for the worksheet and the other is the column header, but I don't get it as $C$49 points to a a column label named "Revenue". and C1:C3 point to 2 blank cells and one with the column label "2002". So...

DSUM function #2
Does anyone know anything about this function? I have been everywhere. I can not get it to work. I have tried every formula I can figure out. I even went to the library for the Excel 2003 for Dummies book and they dont even talk about this function. This is part of my homework and if I could just get this figured out without getting #VALUE error or just a 0 or more than what the total should be I would be home free and be able to finish this class. Thanks. -- Too old to be in college I don't profess to know anything else than what I read in Excel help on DSUM so may not be able...

The HH:MM function
Im making a spreadsheet which caluclates how much training certain people have done in hours. For instance on one day someone may do 10 hours 30mins (represented in the spreadsheet as 10:30) and for the next four days did the same. What i would like is a number in my total column like this 52 hours 30mins (52:30) however the "total" cell wont exceed over 24:00, im sure its supposed not to exceed that because of the hh:mm function im using, but i wondered if anyone could tell me a way around this? Thanks Chris, Format all the cells you intend to use as time format in the foll...

Start a function if cell values changes
Hello, I should run a sub or function every time the content of a cell changes. I use WinXp and Excel 2002. Hope somebody know how it works! Thanks in advance! daMike Hi, You can use worksheet's Worksheet_Change event. -- Regards Haldun Alay To e-mail me, please remove AT and DOT from my e-mail address. "daMike" <michael_stoeckl@yahoo.de>, iletide sunu yazdi news:ea9e253a.0310210341.23ba3f42@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I should run a sub or function every time the content > of a cell changes. I use WinXp and Excel 2002. > Hope somebody k...

Please help with finding correct functions!!!
I am trying to configure Excel to balance my checkbook. Column A is Trans. Type, Column B is Date, Column C is Description of Trans., Column D is Debits, Column E lists if items are posted, Column F is Debits and Column G is Balance. I'm trying to get Column D (debits) to subtract from Column G (balance) and get a new balance (new column? H?) and get Column F (credits) to add to Column G (balance to get a new balance (again, new column? H?). I am not computer illiterate and I should be able to figure this out by myself. But I've been working on finding the right functions (l...

requery function clearing forms items
i build an ordering system based on order form and detail subform where the user choose items from catalog To limit user looking up in "big" catalog I have a pre-choice combo where he can limit his choice in specific item family What happens is whenever I choose a specific item family all already selected items on form (from different family) become blank !!!! I assume this is due of requery function I had to use for the cascaded combo. Any urgent help to get get out of this problem. Thanks Kalman ...

error C2511: overloaded member function ~~~ not found in 'CEdit'
Hello. I wonder if I have chosen right group. I have overloaded some function of CEdit and got above error. As far as I have searched msdn and google, this error occurs when parameter is different between overloaded function declaration and definition and this is not my case. I have no idea why I have met this error. In function body, I have used member function of CWnd which is parent of CEdit. I am new to C++ and VC++ and please help me solve this problem. Thanks. "JY Kim" <jkim747.n0zpam@paran.com> wrote in message news:ttgq345serajf5dulj9sqaai0llp7k6h1a@4ax.com... > ...

Wording's Colour Change for Logic Function #2
Hi all, any1 know how to create "IF" function such that the Value it presents is of a certain colour for different condition? E.g.: "=IF(M10>0, "OK", "NOTOK")", "OK" will appear as Green colour wording, and "NOT OK" as Red colour wording. -- Air Lancer Hi Have a look at Format|Conditional Format. There is some info on it here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cformatting.htm -- Andy. "Air Lancer" <chesserhawk-email.yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:FAB66A2D-16A0-47D8-899D-EC3D1410D625@microsoft.com... &...

Creating Functions
Hello Can you utilise excel functions within your own user defined fucntion ? My function (BWK) takes a date fromat 1040801 converts it to 01/08/0 then i would like to use weeknum to give the week for this date. So the function BWK(1040801) is giving me 31 on the spreadsheet I tried Function BWK(AS400 As String) ldate = Len(AS400) If ldate = 7 Then AS400Day = Mid(AS400, 6, 2) AS400Month = Mid(AS400, 4, 2) AS400Year = Mid(AS400, 2, 2) Else AS400Day = Mid(AS400, 8, 2) AS400Month = Mid(AS400, 5, 2) AS400Year = Mid(AS400, 2, 2) End If DateConvert = AS400Day & "/" & AS400...

Lookup Function #9
When using a lookup function, it is referencing the text of the formulas in the table array cells instead of the result of the formulas. How do I correct this? Josh Either you are in Formula View or the formula cells are formatted as text. Changing the Format alone won't do the trick. For the first, hit CTRL + `(back quote above TAB key) to toggle View Formulas on/off. For the second, Format the cells to General then F2 and ENTER to see results. If you have already done a great whack of these formulas, select all and Edit>Replace what: = with: = Replace All and OK. Gord D...

Can a hyperlink be embeddied in a function?
I have a Worksheet for each week of the year named Week 1 to Week 5 (pretty original I know). In a seperate worksheet I need to reference range of cells to locate a cell in each of the 52 other worksheets. So begginning in cell E1 I have ='Week 1'!$G$121 in cell E2 I have ='Week 2'!$G$121 in cell E3 ='week 3'!$G$121 Can I replace the reference to week 1 with a hyperlink so that I ca drag the equation across the cells and the week (Worksheet) referenc increases leaving the remaining formula as is? I could do this manually but there are hundreds of func...

Nested function limit
I've noticed that the limit for nested IF statements is 8. I've also noticed this is true for other functions than IF as well. Is this true for all function? The only way I can get around it is to put some of the inside stuff in another cell, and the reference it. Any ideas? Scott Hi this limit applies to all formulas (only 7 nested formulas are allowed). For IF clauses you may create a lookup table and use VLOOKUP to get the respective value for a search criteria -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Scott wrote: > I've noticed that the limit for nested IF statements...

Using the DLookup function
I have a table that includes a field StartDate. Another table (HOLIDAY) holds dates announced as Holidays. I am trying to use the Lookup function to see if my StartDate matches a HolidayDate. I have tried If Forms!frmAssignment!StartDate = DLookup("HolDate", "HOLIDAY", "HolDate = " & Me.StartDate) Then......... Unfortunately, it doesn't run!! (The datatypes throughout are ShortDate). I've tried the same using the # sign as part of the last section, but still no joy. Would appreciate any help. Thank you. Andrew The correct syntax shoul...

Function Name problem
I just finished working on a form where I had to add a function that is Module 2 below. However, I had in my database a Utilities Module (copy below). When I run one of my form/report I get the following message: "The expression contains an ambiguous name. You may have two or more functions with the same name in different modules. Rename the function so that each one has a unique name." At first I thought it was the same function, but they are different. How can I fix this with jeopardizing my database? thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Utilities Mo...

Pointer to function size problems.
Hi, I've been trying to use some typesafe callbacks from http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/ElmueCallbackDemo.asp?forumid=33634&select=1014408&df=100&msg=1014408 I'm using VC6.0. When I try to add the callbacks to a CWnd derived class(I not sure that being CWnd derived is the problem though) this assert ***assert(sizeof(k_Data) == sizeof(k_RetFunc));*** fires in the cCallGen constructor. For some reason the kData tFunction0 pointers are 4 bytes while the kRetFunc tFunction pointers are 8 bytes. The weird thing is I can add a basic class(ie not derived from anything) to the sam...

Entering Array Functions
What are the exact mechanics of entering arrays using Control, Shift, Enter? I understand that it's nesseccary to let Exel know it's an Array Function, but I don't seem to have the order right, so it doesn't work. Do I enter the formula, then hit Control Shift Enter, or do I hit it first, then enter the formula? On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 07:56:02 -0700, Jaytee <Jaytee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the exact mechanics of entering arrays using Control, Shift, Enter? >I understand that it's nesseccary to let Exel know it's an Array Function, >...

Calling all TreeView developers!!!
Can I get someone's opinion on the below please. I=92m getting an 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' on the below TreeView code. Everything appears to work fine until I include the Cursor content. Thanks in advance! ________________________________________ TreeView ________________________________________ using System.Collections; using System.Configuration; using System.Data; using System.Data.SqlClient; using System.Web; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; namespace Web { public class VORTEXDynamicMenu { public TreeNod...

SUMPRODUCT with criteria including OR function
Hi chaps, Excel 2003 I'm using the following formula to sum the number of times that the #3 appears on the same Row in both Columns G3:G1002 & H3:H1002, where the value in Column AJ3:AJ1002 is between 2 other distinct values (located in a seperate table, cells I1320 & J1320). =IF(SUMPRODUCT(($AJ$3:$AJ$1002>=I1320)*($AJ$3:$AJ$1002<J1320)*($G$3:$G$1002=3)*($H$3:$H$1002=3))=0,"",SUMPRODUCT(($AJ$3:$AJ$1002>=I1320)*($AJ$3:$AJ$1002<J1320)*($G$3:$G$1002=3)*($H$3:$H$1002=3))) All works fine, but now instead of the #3 I need to introduce an OR function ...

If function using a list of criteria
i am using the If function, but i wish to expand the logical test criteria. I had three names that the cell could not equal, and previously did this by using three *AND(not = to)* instructions. Now however this has expanded to over a hundred names that i want the target to not equal. short of writing out 100 more AND commands in the if function how can i achieve this? The list of names i want to exclude are in the same excel file - could i perhaps link the if function to the table? any help greatly appreciated thanks Hi Use VLOOKUP for this. See http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02....

Export Functionality is not working
Hello, I am using MS OWC 10 web component to draw chartspace on form. Export functionality of this component is not working. Please help. Sample code is given below. '---------------------------------------------------- Dim objChrtSpc as OWC10.chartspace set objChrtSpc = Form1.ChrtSpc 'Drawing the chart objChrtspc.export "1.gif","gif" set objChrtspc = nothing '----------------------------------------------------- Please note that i m using objChrtspc.ExportPicture "1.gif","gif" "Om" wrote: >...

route to recipient function not working with Windows7
We have many Excel spreadsheets that utilize the "route to recipient" function. (This is one reason why we are not upgrading to Office 2007 as this functionality was removed from Office 2007). I have a Windows 7 professional machine that has Office 2003 installed, and when you click on "route to recipient", it does not open the address book. Is there something about Windows 7 that causes this not to function? Is there a workaround for this? This was a clean install (not an upgrade) of both Windows 7 and Office 2003. ...

Function for hrs:mins:secs:frames for timecode calculations
I want to set up a spreadsheet that adds or subtracts timecodes for video work. Timecodes are in the format HH:MM:SS:FF where hours are 00-99 mins are 00-59 secs are 00-59 frames are 00-24 or 00-29 dependent on system (European PAL25 frames or American NTSC 30 frames for example). So I need to take a string such as 05:13:20:03 and be able to subtract or add another string such as 00:05:33:19 and end up with a correctly formatted result with carries between columns at the correct 99/00, 59/00, 59/00, 24/00 points. Any suggestions as to how to approach this? Thanks Richard Hi there are some A...