ToolTip not show in my DLL ???

My ower draw button doesn't show the tooltip in dll, but
it works fine in exe files.
What is it happened?
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What type of DLL is it(Regular/Extension)? Is it on a dialog box(modal or modeless)? There
are some issues related to tooltips on a modeless dialog in a Regular DLL.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"sally" <jiangangxiang@sina.com> wrote in message
| My ower draw button doesn't show the tooltip in dll, but
| it works fine in exe files.
| What is it happened?

0
ajaykalra (6842)
10/28/2003 1:09:21 AM
Hi,
    Thanks your reply. My DLL is regular with staticly
linked. And my dialog is pop up as modeless dialog.
How can i show the tooltip on it?

Scenario described by you is precisely where the issue is. You will notice that in your
dialog, tab keys would not work either. The root cause of the problem  is that your
dialog's PreTranslateMessage is not getting called. You should be able to fix the Tooltip
problem by using the TTF_SUBCLASS flag which will subclass as needed.

If you want PreTranslateMessage/Idling in your DLL, take a  look at example DLLHUSK(??) in
MSDN. There are couple of related samples which show how to pump idling and
pretranslatemessage to a MFC regular DLL.

--

| Hi,
|     Thanks your reply. My DLL is regular with staticly
| linked. And my dialog is pop up as modeless dialog.
| How can i show the tooltip on it?

0
ajaykalra (6842)
10/28/2003 5:13:38 AM
Thank you very much!
I know why it happend now,
but how can i use "TTF_SUBCLASS flag" to make the tooltip
show?
Can you give me an example?

0
anonymous (74722)

Chart does not show up in print preview and wont print?
I have chart that is a workbook page but when I select print preview it does not shown up, only a blank pages comes up. And so it wont print. How can I fix this? I have Office 2007 and I can not select set print area or clear print area, they are shaded out. ...

%20 shows up in document name when doing a save as
I do alot of quotes that I pull up an old document, update with new info, then save as a new document name, leaving the old one as is. Sometimes when I go to save the new document as save as, the spaces in the name of the document are filled with the percentage symbol and 20, %20. Does anyone know how to fix this? ...

Address toolbar will show only one file
With multiple excel files open the address toolbar will only show one of these. It used to show all open files until I downloaded an Office update recommended by Microsoft after I sent off an error report for an Excel bug. Apologies for first message omitted - "appreciate if anyone could help" "Ian Grega" wrote: > With multiple excel files open the address toolbar will only show one of > these. It used to show all open files until I downloaded an Office update > recommended by Microsoft after I sent off an error report for an Excel bug. Ian Assuming you me...

eConnect_API.dll is missing!
Dear all, I want to run eConnect Serialization example, but it needs a reference to eConnect_API.dll That DLL file does not exist! Only eConnect_API.tlb file exists. Is there a way to find it or any workaround? I am using Great Plains 7.5 Thank you for your concern. You need to run the install for the EAI Incoming Service for this DLL to be installed. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 20 Jun 2004 08:44:12 -0700, ossama_gharib3@hotmail.com (Bug-Free Code) wrote: Dear all, I want to run eConnect Serialization example, but it ...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

copied additional column shows in view but does show on hardcopy
I have an existing spreadsheet and needed to add another column with the same format. I copied it and but when I print a hard copy it is not there. I checked and that column is not hidden. Re-define your print range to include that column? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 06:51:01 -0700, Patricia W <Patricia W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an existing spreadsheet and needed to add another column with the= same=20 >format. I copied it and but when I print a hard copy it is not there. = I=20 >checked and that column is not hidden...

Linking worksheets and the formula shows up instead of the answer
I am linking between two sheets and the link formula is showing up instead the answer. It could be a few things... #1. The cell is formatted as text. Format|cells|General (or some number variation--just not Text) then hit F2 followed by enter to re-enter the formula #2. You're looking at formulas Tools|options|View tab\ Make sure Formulas isn't checked #3. Maybe a mistake in your formula. Make sure that there is no space before the initial = (equal sign) BalancedSolutions wrote: > > I am linking between two sheets and the link formula is showi...

How do I enter a date in excel without "/" ex. 041504 will show 0.
Excel can't do this without some help. You could look at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html for an addin that can set this up. tj "Amy" wrote: > ...

A required .dll file, MFC 42U.dll, was not found.
Someone attempted to run my SDI program, created in C++ 6.0, on an Windows 98 laptop. I do not support my software on Windows 98. However, could someone tell me what this indicates: "A required .dll file, MFC 42U.dll, was not found." On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:27:34 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >Someone attempted to run my SDI program, created in C++ 6.0, on an Windows >98 laptop. I do not support my software on Windows 98. However, could >someone tell me what this indicates: > >"A required .dll file, MFC 42U.d...

Year series shows wrong in chart
Hi all : using Excel 2003, I have what should not even be a problem that I cannot solve. I have a series of years in a column, 1970-2006 to be exact, and these are the labels for my x axis. When I insert chart this appears as 1,2,3,...instead of 1970, 1971, etc. It doesn't matter how I format that column, text, general, custom, nothing works. Why is it not just giving me the data in the format that is actually there and how can I get it? thanks for any help Bevin B. Try first entering the dates as dates. To check to make sure they're entered as dates, after entering the data c...

Images in Signature show up as attachments!!

Unhide (show) Outlook Bar
At work I use Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Outlook Web Access for email. I have hidden the Outlook Bar and cannot find out how to unhide (show) it. This means that I cannot read my deleted messages before dumping them. How do I unhide the Outlook Bar? Ask in an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.co...

Re: property page with COM control inside .dll does not work!
Hi, Alexander sorry I made a mistake, I meen "make the property page a COM control". But this seems too hard for me. Now I am trying to put the dialog resource in a dll and load it to CMyPropertyPage later in another application. I have made the dll with success but this property page cannot be shown in the property sheet just like before. My code seems like this: the dll is named TeRes.dll, and in another application: CPropertyPage* makePropertyPage(bool flag) { CPropertyPage* p; if(flag) { HINSTANCE hDll =3D LoadLibrary("TeRes.dll"); if(hDll...

chart to show employee requests during a given year
I am not very familar with charts or graphs. I would like to create a chart that will track employee requests off during a given year. I need it for excell 2003 any help would be appriciated thanks! ...

Show shape on cell select, Hide shape when cell is deselected
How can the sub below be modified to a sheet level code that works like the pop-up DV input message (ie when DV cell is selected, the input message will show)? Or any other sub which can give the same functionality - when cell (within a defined range on the sheet) is selected, show the shape "txt1", when cell is deselected, hide the shape? Thanks Sub T_Box1() If ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = False Then ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = True Else ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = False End If End ...

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

kernel32.dll error
I have recently become unable to open an existing file for Publisher XP. I have loaded all the updates available to me and I still get the error, Publsher encountered an error and must close. I am able to start from scratch, just not able to open and existing file. Any thoughts? Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Susan S <susan@raphaelarchitects.com> > I have recently become unable to open an existing file for > Publisher XP. I have loaded all the updates available to > me and I still get the error, Publsher encountered ...

Crosstab but if a value does not exist,it shows an error in a sub-
I have a crosstab query that shows datas like this: W-Date Planner ACCY CONC POUCH 22-Oct-07 BAM-06 38 67 96 23-Oct-07 BAM-06 14 8 85 24-Oct-07 BAM-06 106 30 220 where ACCY,CONC, POUCH is the "Column Heading" the query is working fine, but these datas are showed to the user using a subform, the problem is when in crosstab query appear a new Style, like TOC and do not appear ACCY or other it shows an error, because a field in sub-form was not found I think it's because the sub-form was built with previous datas and then when new datas appear it shows the error, how fix this...

Our Application Makes Call to Mapi32.dll
This may take a while to convey so please continue reading and bear with me. We are currently evaluating automated testing software: QA Wizard Pro. For the most part, it seems to be OK, but we've run into a sort of snag. With this testing software, you can connect to an already running application from within their scripting capabilities. Our application contains an email option, which then displays an outlook mail window. When this occurs, there is an Outlook.exe process listed in Task Manager -> Processes, but Outlook does not appear to be a running Application in Task Manager. A...

Graph paper for charting patterns/showing objects to scale in a sp
Trying to locate the correct Office product to be able to layout a physical space showing objects to scale. AND being able to use graph paper to show a pattern Visio - but what you really want is some sort of a CAD program. By the way, this newsgroup is for people with questions about Publisher specifically, not Office in general. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0FDBF22-79EC-466E-AF54-56586A7BF503@microsoft.com... > Trying to locate the correct Office product to be able to layout a >...

Trendline won't show?
I have a chart with two trendlines already showing, but when I try to add a third trendline (for a third series), it won't show in the chart. It does show in the Legend, but not in the chart. Anyone have any idea what causes this? Actually, I found my answer in the thread below titled "some charts will not show trendlines", dated 6/6/06. Thanks Andy! http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?query=trendline&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting&cat=en-us-excel&lang=en&cr=US&pt=f3f7ac8a-4ea0-4c36-bed9-8feae6d75298&catlist=&dg...

Using an unbound textbox next to each record in form, with all records showing?
I am working with an inventory system, and would like to have a form that shows all products and their current inventory levels, and next to each of them have a textbox for entering in new inventory levels. Is this possible somehow? I can't seem to so it with continuous forms. Is it possible to have run-time created textboxes? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. -- justme0010 justme, I'm not sure how the setup you described would be used in an inventory system. You'll have to give us more information as to what data you have, and how you plan to calculate invento...

Taks pane no longer shows up when starting Excel
How can I fix this? When I go to "View->Task Pane", it shows up. And when Excel is strating, it appears momentarily, then goes away and a full-page worksheet appears. TIA! http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293820 -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- " Bob" &...

Show Menu
In my MFC applications I am having menubar items like FILE EDIT VIEW.. if I want to programatically invoke Popup menu under FILE how to do this ? Thanks Ashish Use TrackPopupMenu. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Is this a homework problem? Take a look at the thread : Programmatically Expand or Collapse a sub Menu (original Poster Mike Arsenault) http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_frm/thread/d46b06498d39409c/6b1ba4a530e0d00a#6b1ba4a530e0d00a AliR. <ashishluvin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1140795026.681968.292080@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups....

to stop zero from showing on graph
I have graphs for which values will be filled in time, but befor it's filled I want zeroes not to be visible. Is it posible? Hi, Either leave the cells empty or use =NA() Cheers Andy natash@ wrote: > I have graphs for which values will be filled in time, but befor it's filled > I want zeroes not to be visible. Is it posible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info I didn't write the original post but am having the same problem. This works if I remove all content from the cell - however - I would like to have a formula in the cell so that it a...