tool to find GDI resource leak

Hallo,

i search a tool or DLL or source to find GDI resource leaks.
I've Boundschecker, but it don't find GDI resource leaks.

	Jimmy
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> i search a tool or DLL or source to find GDI resource leaks.
> I've Boundschecker, but it don't find GDI resource leaks.

Hmm, as far as I can remember BC did find GDI leaks without problems several
years ago, when I was using it.

You may also check this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/01/GDILeaks/default.aspx

--
Igor Green,
Grig Software.

0
grigsoft (56)
11/1/2004 11:24:55 AM
>i search a tool or DLL or source to find GDI resource leaks.
>I've Boundschecker, but it don't find GDI resource leaks.

Try Memory Validator. This find GDI resource leaks. The tutorial also
covers this topic. MV as installed doesn't detect GDI resource leaks -
you need to turn a few options on - see the settings dialog or read the
tutorial.

You can also inspect what each GDI object looks like whilst your
application in running. Choose the handle on the memory tab, right click
for the context menu and choose the Show GDI object option.

30 day eval available.

        http://www.softwareverify.com

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited    http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk
Igor Green schrieb:
>>i search a tool or DLL or source to find GDI resource leaks.
>>I've Boundschecker, but it don't find GDI resource leaks.
>

> Hmm, as far as I can remember BC did find GDI leaks without problems several
> years ago, when I was using it.
>
> You may also check this:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/01/GDILeaks/default.aspx

Hi,

This only work with win9x. i need it for w2k, WinXP

	Jimmy
> This only work with win9x. i need it for w2k, WinXP

Are you sure? I have not tried it myself (I have just bookmarked it for a
case), but the article name is
"Detect and Plug GDI Leaks in Your Code with Two Powerful Tools for Windows
XP";
and it is about upgrading old tool to new platform.

Igor Green,
Grig Software.
www.grigsoft.com
Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison never was
easier!

0
grigsoft (56)
11/3/2004 6:37:43 AM
Igor Green schrieb:
>>This only work with win9x. i need it for w2k, WinXP
>

> Are you sure? I have not tried it myself (I have just bookmarked it for a
> case), but the article name is
> "Detect and Plug GDI Leaks in Your Code with Two Powerful Tools for Windows
> XP";
> and it is about upgrading old tool to new platform.
>
> Igor Green,
> Grig Software.
> www.grigsoft.com
> Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison never was
> easier!

Thank you,

You have right, this is for WinXP.
I've always look to the old page, and this is  only for Win9x

	Jimmy

Why do sheet tabs keep disappearing? Box in Tools is checked.
When I open a new or existing Excel file, the sheet tabs at the bottom may or may not show up. I have repeatedly gone to Tools, Options, View and made sure the sheet tabs box is checked, but still no tabs. How do I get them back? I can't get from one page of a workbook to another. This is in Offfice 2003. Hi Arlie, Try Tools/Options/General In the Sheets in new workbook box, check and see how many sheets are set to appear when opening a new workbook. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://w...

Finding Values With more than 2 decimal Places
Hello, I am using sumif to verify some numbers. These should all be dollar values and thus should not contain and values past 2 decimal places however when I use the sumif it returns values with long decimals? I have been unable to find where these decimals exist visually and i tried this formula to help me identify them =IF(L18-(ROUND(L18,2))=0,0,"Help") ^ hopefully this would let me know if a decimal past 2 places is present in a value but I still am unable to find them? any help would be apreciated Thanks Chuck -- clane -------------------------------------------...

how to disable local resources from EPM 2007?
Hi. Is there any way to disable local resources of EPM? Thanks for help. Macedo -- No, there is no way for the Project Server administrator to disable the use of local resources in enterprise projects. So, if you do not want your PMs to use local resources, you need to make this a training and performance issue with them. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "Macedo" <rcmacedo@gmail.co...

Advance Find Order Product
Using Advance Find, is there a way to search Orders that have both Order Product A AND Order Product B? I can easily find Orders that have either Order Product A or Order Product B, but can't seem to make it look for both. Thank you, Adam Three Day Bump. Hi, Don't have CRM in front of me, but try this: Create advanced find with 2 lines using the same field. Select both lines, group as 'AND'. Should work. Good luck, Bertil "AdamEdmonds" wrote: > Three Day Bump. Ok. I tried that and got no results back even though I saw at least two that fit my query. ...

Function to find largest number from a series of numbers?
Is there a function to go across several columns of numbers and pick out the largest one? If not, how would I write that function? thanks to all Rick =MAX(A1:Z1) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "rs" <r_schiller@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message news:2p-dnW3P0f...

Drawing Tools Disabled
Hi All... I have an excel file in which the drawing tools are greyed out (i.e. buttons for Line, Arrow, Rectangle, Oval, Text Box etc.)... At first I thought is was the program, but then I realized that if I created a new file, the drawing tools would come back... How do I enable the drawing tools? ... I don't recall disabling them in the first place... TIA! ... LavaDude... Is the worksheet protected? Tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet (You may need a password) Do you have multiple sheets grouped? (Look for [group] in the title bar. Just rightclick on one of the grouped...

Cell.Find in VBA
Hi, I have the following VBA Macro: Set FoundCell = .Cells.Find(What:="199", _ After:=.Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, _ LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _ MatchCase:=False) I don't how to write a VBA macro that would cells.find all 5-digit numbers. Here's an example: Column A 199 199 75781 75899 199 80012 Thanks, Hi I think you have to loop through all cells and check the length/value of each cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D3CEA329-2A...

find a copy of a standard formal report lay out/template
looking for an example of a formal report template Hello pppe productivity placement program example wrote: > looking for an example of a formal report template You can find templates offered by Microsoft at the following URL: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx namely: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101043361033.aspx HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | ...

Find the depth of XML
I have following XML: How can I find the depth of XML? in other word max level of the XML <Root> ----- level 0 <Name>----- level 1 <FirstName>name</FirstName> ---- level 2 <LasName>lname</LastName> <MiddleName>mName<MiddleName> </Name> <Information> <Info1> <Info2> --- level 3 <Info3>asdasd</Info> -- level 4 </Info2> </Info1> </Information> </Root> Raed Sawalha wrote: > I have following XML:...

how to find the last modified user?
Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular record (of any entity)? Esp, who last modified the details of a particular contact? Thanx There is an example in the SDK of building an "Auditing" module for the CRM admin which would give views of who changed which records, etc. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmauditing.asp Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Simon" wrote: > Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular > record (of any entity)? > Esp, who last mod...

Exchange/Outlook Problem
My boss is having problems forwarding along his joke e-mails. It seems anyone who receives his messages cannot see the embedded images. It appears the problematic mails all seem to point to resources on the yahoo mail servers(img src="cid: 1.3069514949@web180307.mail.gq1.yahoo.com" for example). The mails are being forwarded by the user from Outlook 2003, and sent via our Exchange 2003 server. The images seem to work on our end but not for others. This issue was occurring on Entourage for Mac, and I have assumed to this point that the issue is caused by complications in enco...

Resource Units
I want to be able to have a resource, say 'electrician', with 5 available for the day shift and 2 available for the night shift. This would allow e to just assign the 'electrician' resource and have project level based on unit availability. If I setup 'electrician Day' and 'electrician Night', then I need to carefully select which to use and if the schedule shifts it is a nightmare. Any thought on how to do this? Thank-you! On Jan 6, 10:43=A0pm, John K <John K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to be able to have a resou...

Problem when running Exchange Calendar Update Tool
I ran the Exchange update tool against a few mailboxes, and I am noticing a problem. The tool appeared to work to some extent, but one of the mailboxes I ran it against has some items modified and some not modified. Two recurring meetings that this user created and invited other people to were modified properly and updates were sent out automatically to the other people in the meeting. However, two other recurring meetings that he initiated and invited other people to were not modified and no update messages were sent for those meetings. Appointments that he created just for himself...

How do I get the macro "stop recording" tool bar back?
While recording a macro in excel (11.63...), I clicked the X (close button) and now can not get the "stop recording" macro tool bar to show. I would like to use the tool bar for the reference button. Hi choose tools / macro / record new macro click OK now display the stop recording toolbar (view / toolbars / stop recording) now click on the little blue square box and everything should be fine again when you next go to record a real macro Cheers JulieD "RBD04" <RBD04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67DA2DFF-6EA7-41CD-88B6-636B5B7A0C76@microsoft....

lamda not finding string
Given that a.Value is a string and dr is a DataRow Just curious why this works: var temp = Formats.Find(a => a.Value == (string)dr[0]); And this doesn't var temp = Formats.Find(a => a.Value == dr[0]); The only difference is that I am not casting it. If the 2nd one was a casting problem, I would expect an error - but I don't get one. Temp is just = null. Thanks, Tom On 1/27/2010 10:00 AM, tshad wrote: > Given that a.Value is a string and dr is a DataRow > > Just curious why this works: > > var temp = Formats.Find(a => a....

very simple question, but i cant find the answer
Hello, I am trying to write a generic tool that accesses a SQL server and reads/updates/deletes/creates records. I want to reference this tool from my asp.net pages to talk to my db. by the way, i want the results of any read, update and create to be returned in xml. when reading data, i populate a dataset with data and then use the dataset.getxml method to return xml. is this a neat way of reading data? how does it compare to the FOR XML EXPLICIT command in sql server? when creating/updating data i was thinking of using a data adapter but this seems a bit over the top, maybe i am wrong?...

find replace VBA
I have a list of addresses that I want to standardize. For example, I have this list in column A: 100 Randlett Steet 450 Park Str Apt 5 Park Sreet Park Streeet Apt B5 I want to standardize all the versions of 'street' to "St". There are approximately 300 similar replacements, like Aveenue to Ave, Roade to Rd, Northgate to 399 N 7th St. I have compiled all the misspelled words, put them in column B, and the "correct" version next to it, in Column C. I have done all this work because I want to be able to use this list as we continue to receive address data with simil...

CAnimateCtrl::Open( ***Load from resource-only DLLs***)
Hi All; How to load resource (AVI) from a resource-only Dll? CAnimatedCtrl::Open. accepts only ID. BOOL Open( UINT nID ); CAnimateCtrl::Open( ***Load from resource-only DLLs***) Thank You. "Renato Tegon Forti" <renato@dynamic-e.net> wrote in message news:ejnO$W2lDHA.2528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All; > How to load resource (AVI) from a resource-only Dll? > CAnimatedCtrl::Open. accepts only ID. > BOOL Open( > UINT nID > ); > CAnimateCtrl::Open( ***Load from resource-only DLLs***) You might could SendMessage it an ACM_OPEN or use the Animate_...

How to find Watch window in Office X VB Editor (Mac OS X)
Greetings all, Apologies if this is a FAQ here but I've searched google for over an hour with no result. I've just updated to a new machine, running Mac OS X (Tiger) and installed Office X (after updates, 10.1.6). I have dozens of legacy Excel files with all manner of VB code in them from my Excel 5 under Mac OS 8.6 and I'm trying to make them work under this new system environment. One major problem is that I can't figure out how to get out a Watch window!!! I've looked until I'm blue in the face and there is nothing in any menu which will bring out a windo...

Find
Hi All, Whenever I search for something (CTRL+F) in excel it always defaults to the "Find entire cells only" setting. Is there any way I can change this default setting - I want it to search for any cell , not whole cells, by default. Thanks Andi I use xl2003 and when I first open excel (with a blank workbook), I hit ctrl-f, then that option is not checked. But excel likes to help. It remembers the previous settings that you used--including any VBA code that you may have run. Are you sure that it's the default and not the result of a previous find? Andibevan wrote: >...

Representing new, open positions in EPM 2003 for resource planning
Hi, We have several new positions available that won't be filled for a few months. We are attempting to introduce a 12-month rolling resource plan using our data in EPM. We enter all of our projects into the system, make our best guesses on who will be working on what project with a general timeframe and work effort. We do assign our enterprise resources on the task level and leave the resources as proposed. What is the best way to represent these new hires in the system so we can assign them to projects for resource planning? Should they just be generic resources or ...

Finding a row with the heigest/lowest value under specific conditions.
Hello, Goal: Find the row with the highest of lowest value (can be with extra conditions). Example 1 find the row with the highest value. Example 2 find the row with the highest value not exceeding 3.5. What is the most elegant (???) way to do this ? The examples are simple enough, but if they become part of a larger query, the solutions become less elegant. (In example 2 the condition is repeated which I consider less elegant. In the second solution for example 2, the with is used this only works in recent versions of SQL-server and not in other SQL implementations) S...

Any way to change default FIND options?
When I do a CTRL+F to find information, the OPTIONS always is set to Look In Formulas. Is there any way to get is to default to Look In Values? thanks. One way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook module of your Personal.xls workbook (or any other workbook in the XLStart directory): Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim result As Range Set result = Sheets(1).Cells.Find( _ What:="", _ LookIn:=xlValues) End Sub Find options are persistent, whether done in the GUI or in VBA, so doing a find will set the LookIn value for the next search. In ...

Finding contacts with user-defined fields
About 10% of my Contacts have two extra user-defined fields, CMADatabase and CMAContactIndex, which appear to have been added by either copying and pasting or playing with Small Business Contact Manager at some point. I can't import these contacts into another app from Outlook, therefore I need to replace them first I can do this by exporting them as vCards and reimporting them, however I don't know how to /find/ them without examining each contact individually, because the fields don't show up in "user defined fields in this folder". Is there another way of finding thi...

Find and Replace #13
I have a worksheet with this formula in Col A1 thru A50: ='Mar Srv Rpt '!D62 (It's referencing another open worksheet) I want to hi-lit the formula and do a Find on Mar and Replace with Apr. However, when I do that, Excel opens windows explorer and wants me to "update values" and then gives me an #ERR in the Cell I'm working in. Is this a formatting problem on my part? If the workhseet is in the same workbook, and the sheet is named "Apr Srv Rpt " (note the space on the end), then it should work fine. Otherwise, you are 1) changing the link from an in...