To get the SetTimer identity

Hi,

I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which
is binded to the dialog.Is there any API  that identify this timer
which is got set .....

So that, with that id i can call some API which makes the timer to
start from that time it was already showing at.....

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Whatever the number you want!
As long as you didn't use the same
number for another timer..

It can be the memory address of
the object who handle it.  Every
object of a collection can have its
own timer..

Sometime, for a single timer, I
simply use "1234" as the ID..

jmarc...

"lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which
> is binded to the dialog.Is there any API  that identify this timer
> which is got set .....
>
> So that, with that id i can call some API which makes the timer to
> start from that time it was already showing at.....

0
jmarc (108)
4/5/2007 1:12:35 PM
On Apr 5, 6:12 pm, "jmarc" <j...@incursion-voyages.com> wrote:
> Whatever the number you want!
> As long as you didn't use the same
> number for another timer..
>
> It can be the memory address of
> the object who handle it.  Every
> object of a collection can have its
> own timer..
>
> Sometime, for a single timer, I
> simply use "1234" as the ID..
>
> jmarc...
>
> "lucky" <Laxmanmaru...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which
> > is binded to the dialog.Is there any API  that identify this timer
> > which is got set .....
>
> > So that, with that id i can call some API which makes the timer to
> > start from that time it was already showing at.....- Hide quoted text -

Ya, i did it has

SetTimer((UINT)&callCounter,1000,
(TIMERPROC)CallCounterDisplayTimerProc);

the CallCounterDisplayTimerProc() used to increment the time.

But it is displaying from the beginning i.e. 00:00:00 but not starting
from where it was before for Ex: 00:01:30

May be i think the new timer is getting set.......

lucky wrote:

> Ya, i did it has
>
> SetTimer((UINT)&callCounter,1000,
> (TIMERPROC)CallCounterDisplayTimerProc);
>
> the CallCounterDisplayTimerProc() used to increment the time.
>
> But it is displaying from the beginning i.e. 00:00:00 but not starting
> from where it was before for Ex: 00:01:30
>
> May be i think the new timer is getting set.......

lucky:

If you only call SetTimer() once, there will only be one timer. Maybe
you should show the code in CallCounterDisplayTimerProc().

BTW, incrementing the time by one second each time is not an accurate
way of displaying elapsed time. Rather you should display the difference
between the current time and the start time.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP

When you call SetTimer, it returns a timer ID, and for a SetTimer without a handler
function, that is the ID that was given to it, so you know it.

Since you can have two dozen timers if you want, there is no way to identify "the" timer.
When an OnTimer event occurs, the nIdEvent tells you which timer fired.  If you do a
SetTimer on a timer, the time is reset.
				joe

On 5 Apr 2007 06:02:20 -0700, "lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which
>is binded to the dialog.Is there any API  that identify this timer
>which is got set .....
>
>So that, with that id i can call some API which makes the timer to
>start from that time it was already showing at.....
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
4/5/2007 3:40:55 PM
What do you expect callCounter to be set to after the call to
SetTimer((UINT)&callCounter,.....);?

AliR.

> On Apr 5, 6:12 pm, "jmarc" <j...@incursion-voyages.com> wrote:
>> Whatever the number you want!
>> As long as you didn't use the same
>> number for another timer..
>>
>> It can be the memory address of
>> the object who handle it.  Every
>> object of a collection can have its
>> own timer..
>>
>> Sometime, for a single timer, I
>> simply use "1234" as the ID..
>>
>> jmarc...
>>
>> "lucky" <Laxmanmaru...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi,
>>
>> > I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which
>> > is binded to the dialog.Is there any API  that identify this timer
>> > which is got set .....
>>
>> > So that, with that id i can call some API which makes the timer to
>> > start from that time it was already showing at.....- Hide quoted text -

> Ya, i did it has
>
> SetTimer((UINT)&callCounter,1000,
> (TIMERPROC)CallCounterDisplayTimerProc);
>
> the CallCounterDisplayTimerProc() used to increment the time.
>
> But it is displaying from the beginning i.e. 00:00:00 but not starting
> from where it was before for Ex: 00:01:30
>
> May be i think the new timer is getting set.......

0
AliR3470 (3235)
4/5/2007 8:59:08 PM
Note that timer IDs are local to windows.  So if you have a window with a timer 1, any
other window is free to use a timer called 1 for its own purposes; if you need two timers
in one window, they have to have different timer IDs.  Unlike Win16, there is no limit on
the number of timers, nor are they global IDs system-wide (or even application-wide).
					joe

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:12:35 GMT, "jmarc" <jmarc@incursion-voyages.com> wrote:

>Whatever the number you want!
>As long as you didn't use the same
>number for another timer..
>
>It can be the memory address of
>the object who handle it.  Every
>object of a collection can have its
>own timer..
>
>Sometime, for a single timer, I
>simply use "1234" as the ID..
>
>jmarc...
>
>"lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which
>> is binded to the dialog.Is there any API  that identify this timer
>> which is got set .....
>>
>> So that, with that id i can call some API which makes the timer to
>> start from that time it was already showing at.....

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
4/7/2007 2:59:05 AM
Note that you will probably encounter serious drift between the time you compute at the
actual time, because your callback will happen AT LEAST every 1000ms, except when it takes
longer, perhaps much longer.  So the only thing you know when the timer goes off is that
something like 1000 ms have passed.  But it might actually be 1015.  Or 1030.  Or 1090. Or
1250.  Or 2000.  Note that on most modern machines, you will never get a trigger point at
1000 because 1000 is not evenly divisible by 15.  So the very best you will typically see,
on a good day, under ideal conditions, is 1005 ms, and you won't have good days most of
the time, and ideal conditions rarely happen.

See my essay "Time is the simplest thing" on my MVP Tips site.
					joe

On 5 Apr 2007 07:00:41 -0700, "lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Apr 5, 6:12 pm, "jmarc" <j...@incursion-voyages.com> wrote:
>> Whatever the number you want!
>> As long as you didn't use the same
>> number for another timer..
>>
>> It can be the memory address of
>> the object who handle it.  Every
>> object of a collection can have its
>> own timer..
>>
>> Sometime, for a single timer, I
>> simply use "1234" as the ID..
>>
>> jmarc...
>>
>> "lucky" <Laxmanmaru...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi,
>>
>> > I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which
>> > is binded to the dialog.Is there any API  that identify this timer
>> > which is got set .....
>>
>> > So that, with that id i can call some API which makes the timer to
>> > start from that time it was already showing at.....- Hide quoted text -

>Ya, i did it has
>
>SetTimer((UINT)&callCounter,1000,
>(TIMERPROC)CallCounterDisplayTimerProc);
>
>the CallCounterDisplayTimerProc() used to increment the time.
>
>But it is displaying from the beginning i.e. 00:00:00 but not starting
>from where it was before for Ex: 00:01:30
>
>May be i think the new timer is getting set.......

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
4/7/2007 3:10:51 AM
As an unique ID, I always use an address of a variable that will keep it:

if (SetTimer((UINT_PTR) & m_MyTimerId, 1000))
{
    m_MyTimerId = (UINT_PTR) & m_MyTimerId;
}

> Note that timer IDs are local to windows.  So if you have a window with a
> timer 1, any
> other window is free to use a timer called 1 for its own purposes; if you
> need two timers
> in one window, they have to have different timer IDs.  Unlike Win16, there
> is no limit on
> the number of timers, nor are they global IDs system-wide (or even
> application-wide).
> joe
>
> On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:12:35 GMT, "jmarc" <jmarc@incursion-voyages.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Whatever the number you want!
>>As long as you didn't use the same
>>number for another timer..
>>
>>It can be the memory address of
>>the object who handle it.  Every
>>object of a collection can have its
>>own timer..
>>
>>Sometime, for a single timer, I
>>simply use "1234" as the ID..
>>
>>jmarc...
>>
>>"lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which
>>> is binded to the dialog.Is there any API  that identify this timer
>>> which is got set .....
>>>
>>> So that, with that id i can call some API which makes the timer to
>>> start from that time it was already showing at.....
>>>

> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

alegr (1131)
4/7/2007 6:40:49 PM
I agree with you.  Is is
a unique id, associated
with the object...

But, why don't use 'this' ?
This is almost the same..
A unique ID for an object,
just like an address of a variable,
but easier to code..  Try it!
No need to have another variable
to remember the ID...

SetTimer( this , 1000))

jmarc...

"Alexander Grigoriev" <alegr@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> As an unique ID, I always use an address of a variable that will keep it:
>
> if (SetTimer((UINT_PTR) & m_MyTimerId, 1000))
> {
>    m_MyTimerId = (UINT_PTR) & m_MyTimerId;
> }
>
> "Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message
>> Note that timer IDs are local to windows.  So if you have a window with a
>> timer 1, any
>> other window is free to use a timer called 1 for its own purposes; if you
>> need two timers
>> in one window, they have to have different timer IDs.  Unlike Win16,
>> there is no limit on
>> the number of timers, nor are they global IDs system-wide (or even
>> application-wide).
>> joe
>>
>> On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:12:35 GMT, "jmarc" <jmarc@incursion-voyages.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Whatever the number you want!
>>>As long as you didn't use the same
>>>number for another timer..
>>>
>>>It can be the memory address of
>>>the object who handle it.  Every
>>>object of a collection can have its
>>>own timer..
>>>
>>>Sometime, for a single timer, I
>>>simply use "1234" as the ID..
>>>
>>>jmarc...
>>>
>>>"lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com

jmarc (108)

How to get a newline
Hello, I am working on a small procedure and it's giving me a headache. I have a file that consists exactly of the following info: Name1/ Name2/ Name3/ I am trying to read each name into a string and display it in a lisbox. Here is what I am doing: TRY { pFile = new CFile(_T("C:\\Data\\SVG\\Web\\layers.txt"), CFile::modeRead | CFile::shareDenyNone); char pbuf [1000]; UINT nBytesRead = pFile->Read(pbuf, sizeof(pbuf)); int z = 0; int i = 0; int count = 0; CString layer; //GET THE DELIMITER NUMBER while (z <...

get figures into right colom
I have to put this file into excel http://www-personal.buseco.monash.edu.au/~hyndman/TSDL/data/wine.dat When I do that every figure is located in colom A while in fact onl the first colom had to be in A and the second colom had to be in colo B and so on. Can somebody help me please thank you a lo -- Palliete ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pallieter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2778 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47293 Hi Mark the whole of column A Choose Data&g...

Getting Rid of Text Boxes in Powerpoint
Does anyone know how to get rid of the text box outline? It keeps printing a 0.25 point line around my textboxes and I can't figure out how to get rid of those. I have MS Office 2003 on my computer. Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting to a newsgroup related to PowerPoint. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "graemew" <graemew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EE9FB91-0B81-4703-9E33-1F25...

Repost: Microsoft 2002 won't run on Windows XP, can't get product id for MS Help
After installing Microsoft 2002 on my Windows XP system I get the error "Unable to initialize a required Money component." The Microsoft CHECKSKU program detects, but does not correct, the problem. I cannot create an online help request from Microsoft because I can't get the product id because I can't run Money. Any help anyone can offer? Thanks a bunch! Keith... I found three articles in the MS KB on this. The third one has the checksku stuff, try the first two. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310765 http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

How do I get an automatic reminder with a certain cell value? #2
Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a certain thing is typed into a cell? For example, each time I type "new instrument", I want a reminder to pop-up like a comment would that says "Call Property Accounting". Is there a function like this in Excel? Assuming data entry cells are col. A, right-click the worksheet tab, choose "View Code", copy in the code below, and press ALT+Q to close VBE. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim sMsg As String With Target If .Column > 1 Then Exit Sub If .Count > 1 Then Exit...

Getting a multiple user license for Office 2004 for Mac
Right now my small company has one copy of MO2004 and I'm the one using it. We are upgrading the rest of the computers to OSX and there are more people than me that use Word and Excell. I've spent all morning on various websites trying to determine whether we can get an Open License Value pack so more than one person can use these programs at a time. I know one can buy an Open License Value pack and I know one can buy Office 2004 for the Mac, but I can't determine whether both options are available for us. Does anyone know? We're hoping to not have to buy multiple copies of ...

how do I get data from an array into one cell (comma delimited)
looking for a way to query an array 3 cells by 3 cells (they have numeric data only) and return a value in a seperate cell that has all the numbers in the array (comma delimited) thanks If C1 thru E3 contain: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 then: =C1 & "," & D1 &","& E1 &","& C2 &","& D2 &","& E2 &","& C3 &","& D3 &","& E3 will return: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 -- Gary's Student "bb" wrote: > looking for a way to query an array 3 cells by 3 cell...

Getting value from a picklist
I'm trying to use the value in a select picklist (based on the Contacts table) in some SQL to get further data from the CRM database. I'm looking at something along the lines of (AIR CODE!): var oDataValue = crmForm.all.new_enduserid.DataValue; var oSQL = "SELECT * FROM whateverTable WHERE TableID = " + oDataValue; However, it doesn't work - I'm unable to get the value of the selected item in the picklist. This line of code: alert(oDataValue); returns: [object Object] while attempting to get SelectedText returns "undefined". What am I doing wrong? ...

how do I get a php code
I have Data in Zip files which I need to get up and running as drop down menus for locating which part is compatible etc. I was sent the data by my main supplier howver they have told me to get it all working I need a php code/ what is it? where do I get it? and then what do I do with it? Thanks Jim ...

Getting owner draw child control to paint when calling SetWindowText
Hi, I have an owner draw static class. DrawItem is called (and works ok) when the dialog repaints, i.e. initially and when restored, but my class DrawItem is not called when SetWindowText is called. Is there some way to get a dialog to request an owner draw child control to paint itself other than calling Invalidate() and UpdateWindow() in the dialog class (which draws all the controls and in my app results in an endless loop as the static text is changed by a slider control)? TIA Jan Some detail omitted for clarity: class ColorStatic : public CStatic { public: ColorStatic(); ~Colo...

Getting the Last 4 values in a row?
Hi all, I have a sheet with data consisting of 8 columns and 5 rows. A B C D E F G H 1 2 3 4 5 Column A contains names and the remaining columns and the remaining columns contain data as such; 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 B v1 v2 v3 C v1 v2 v3 v4 D v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 E v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 What I need to do is to get the last 4 value in each column. How can I do that. Thanks for your help, Themd That's easy enough to do, but what do ...

Help! Still can't get E mail.
I tried everything I could think of and I still can not receive any E mail with Outlook Express. Most of the time I get the error message below. Any help is appreciated. George-NY ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------- The host 'mail.optonline.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Try posting this in an...

how do you get a trendline to ignore anomalies?
if i want anomalies to appear on a graph, but want the trend line to ignore them so it doesn't ruin the trend line, how do i do it? Plot two data series on the graph, and add the trendline to the series that does not have anomalies. Jerry Rico wrote: > if i want anomalies to appear on a graph, but want the trend line to ignore > them so it doesn't ruin the trend line, how do i do it? > Plot two data series on the graph, and add the trendline to the series > that does not have anomalies Jerry's approach has the added benefit that it will allow you to plot the...

Getting data from Several Work Books
Dear all, After some advis here, I have several workbooks all with different names but in the same directory I.E. Excel1.xls Excel2.xls Excel3.xls Excel4.xls In each of the above I want to get out the value for say A2. And put it in a totals.xls in the same directory. I started to do it and I got this as my value .. ='[Excel1.xls]Expense Report'!$R$20 <-------- This returned the correct value. When i opened the document again it asked if i wanted to "update" the workboog ... whick i did want to have the updated info, the pro...

Not getting Notifications
I don't get email notifications when people reply to my postings. I have it set up to do so. Ideas? 1. I check the Notify me of replies box. 2. I double-check the setup and it is supposed to send alerts. Hi Mike, I first reported this problem on Oct 28. You possibly know this but just in case. The only way to check is via your profile. The most recent ones are on the bottom after you select 'Show all my notifications'. I follow up the report periodically and the following is the last reply I received. (24 to 72 hours is now exceeded.) **********...

how many times ... identical email to 150 contacts
Hi, I would like to know how many times an email gets sent out of exchange 2000 (via our link 512kb - ADSL) if you send 150 emails with an attachment of (2MB). I am ending 1 identical email message + identical (2mb) attachents to 150 contacts. My question is will 150 X 2MB (300 MB) get sent out through our pipe or does it function like the single instance message storage (if yes) does this have to be enabled? Please note that most of the emails that get sent out are to contacts who are not a user on there (their mailbox isn't on this server). Irene In the last exciting episode, &qu...

getting the account id when I have the incident id from url querystring
Hi, How to get the account id for a case when I have an incident id obtained from the request,and then say... get details like faxnumber for an account,is this a valid question ??I see an CRM Incident.Retrieve method to read the incident table perhaps,there is a foreign key, Regards, Mandar Agashe. If you use the Incident.Retrieve, it will give you the AccountId as one of the field in there. though it is most likely label CustomerId along with CustomerTypeCode. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Mandar" <mandaragashe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127397161.44838...

Quick Links in Customize HomePage can't get Fixed Asset reports
When you click on Customize This Page. Quick Links, Add, Microsoft Dynamics GP window, Reports, Fixed Assets, there is nothing to add. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the FA reports on the home page. We can use the shortcut bar, however. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Ag...

Get a Free Laptop!
This is a legitimate offer and they have given away thousands of laptops to date. There's no catch but there is a bit of work to it though. You have to sign up for a promotional offer, and refer other people as well, but in the end you really will get a brand new laptop. Copy and paste this url into your browser: http://laptops.freepay.com/?r=31072333 Yeah and that's why you have to spam newsgroups. "Carl" <special113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151737869.226439.83800@h44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > This is a legitimate offer and they have given away t...

Get BItmap From HDC
I'm stuck with getting CBitmap object from HDC. I'm using ecw SDK to view ecw files, and I need my soft to return CBitmap object of this .ecw file. in SDK there is a method: DrawImage( HDC DeviceContext, LPRECT pClipRect, IEEE8 dWorldTLX, IEEE8 dWorldTLY, IEEE8 dWorldBRX, IEEE8 dWorldBRY ); wich works just fine, it draws picture into givet device context. DrawImage(hdc, &m_Rect, m_dTLX, m_dTLY, m_dBRX, m_dBRY); CBitmap bitmap; CBitmap * bmp=bitmap.FromHandle((HBITMAP)hdc); is this right?? if DrawImage method drawed picture into HDC already?. If you have an HDC, and it has a bi...

how to get Word Art along a circular arc?
I'm designing a logo for our company conference. I'd like the main shape of the logo to be a circle, with the theme of our annual conference across the top of the circle. Then I'd like to have 3 big rings going around and disappearing behind the circle (rather like the rings of Saturn). I have 2 questions. 1) I'd like the text to be in an arc that parallels the outline of the circle - the text will take up about one quarter of the circumference. I've discovered how to get Word Art to put the text in an arc, but the arc is oval rather than circular, and doesn'...

How do i get the product of max. price in access2007 query?
in query i want to get product ID with the Max. or Min. price The SQL statement for a query to do that would be SELECT ProductID FROM SomeTable WHERE Price = DMax("Price","SomeTable") OR SELECT TOP 1 ProductID FROM SomeTable ORDER BY Price DESC IF you need something more specific post more details on what you are attempting to do. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County amr wrote: > in query i want to get product ID with the Max. or Min. price ...

In Publisher, each time I try to save the file, I get an error mes
When making corrections to my file (several pages) after a while I get a message, Publisher can not save my file and it shut's down without saving. After the next startup the same proceedure. That way I never get to an end. What version Publisher? Open the file in safe mode, if you have no problems saving then it probably is a driver issue. Earlier versions of Publisher saved all printer information with the file, if the driver is corrupt you will get errors. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kurt" <Ku...

get error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wWinMain@16
Hi all when i build a dll in Unicode mode i got error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wWinMain@16 DebugUnicode/Mydll_DU.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Dll also include some other lib files, it cause error from those lib files? If i remove "wWinMainCRTStartup" but still keep _UNICODE define, it dn't have error, and get another error from ntdll.dll, access violation any idea? Thanks. ...

Getting External Data into Excel from Access Using Microsoft Query
Why can't I use access supported functions like Nv() in my queries vs an Access database? When I query Oracle, I can use Oracle functions. Thanks, ...