to create a T like 3 splitter window

I tried to create a T like 3 splitter window, 2 child windows on top, one at
bottom, with the following codes, but got exception, what's wrong with that?

 m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic(this, 2, 1);

 //In which windows to put the view.
 m_wndSplitter.CreateView(1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView), CSize(100,
100), pContext);

 m_wndSplitterNext.CreateStatic(&m_wndSplitter, 1, 2, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE
| WS_BORDER,
 m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(1, 0));

 m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
100),pContext);
 m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
100),pContext);

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Patrick,

I'm no expert on this, but I have been doing some experiments and I ran into
an example that uses a 3-way splitter, perhaps you can tweak it to suit your
needs:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/ht
ml/_sample_mfc_VIEWEX.asp

--
================================
People who are organized are too lazy
"Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I tried to create a T like 3 splitter window, 2 child windows on top, one
at
> bottom, with the following codes, but got exception, what's wrong with
that?

>  m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic(this, 2, 1);
>
>  //In which windows to put the view.
>  m_wndSplitter.CreateView(1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),
CSize(100,
> 100), pContext);
>
>  m_wndSplitterNext.CreateStatic(&m_wndSplitter, 1, 2, WS_CHILD |
WS_VISIBLE
> | WS_BORDER,
>  m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(1, 0));

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> 100),pContext);

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> 100),pContext);

0
nospam116 (5)
6/25/2004 7:20:28 PM
 m_wndSplitter.CreateView(1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView), CSize(50,
50), pContext);

 m_wndSplitterNext.CreateStatic(&m_wndSplitter,
         1, 2,
         WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER,
         m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(0, 0));

 m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
100),pContext);
 m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
100),pContext);

OK, got it somehow. But the bottom half pane always covers the top 2 panes.
I have to drag the splitter bar down to see the top 2 windows. any idea?

pat

"Andre" <nospam@spam.net> wrote in message
> Patrick,
>
> I'm no expert on this, but I have been doing some experiments and I ran
into
> an example that uses a 3-way splitter, perhaps you can tweak it to suit
your
> needs:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/ht
> ml/_sample_mfc_VIEWEX.asp
>
> --
> ================================
> People who are organized are too lazy
> to look for things - [unknown]
> ================================
> "Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I tried to create a T like 3 splitter window, 2 child windows on top,
one
> at
> > bottom, with the following codes, but got exception, what's wrong with
> that?
> >
> >  m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic(this, 2, 1);
> >
> >  //In which windows to put the view.
> >  m_wndSplitter.CreateView(1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),
> CSize(100,
> > 100), pContext);
> >
> >  m_wndSplitterNext.CreateStatic(&m_wndSplitter, 1, 2, WS_CHILD |
> WS_VISIBLE
> > | WS_BORDER,
> >  m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(1, 0));

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> > 100),pContext);

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> > 100),pContext);

the problem seems to be I didn't create a view to occupy the top space. But
if I do, this view will be ative, and the 2 child windows can't be
displayed.

> m_wndSplitter.CreateView(1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView), CSize(50,
> 50), pContext);
>
>  m_wndSplitterNext.CreateStatic(&m_wndSplitter,
>          1, 2,
>          WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER,
>          m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(0, 0));

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> 100),pContext);

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> 100),pContext);
>

> OK, got it somehow. But the bottom half pane always covers the top 2
panes.
> I have to drag the splitter bar down to see the top 2 windows. any idea?
>
> pat
>

> "Andre" <nospam@spam.net> wrote in message
> > Patrick,
> >
> > I'm no expert on this, but I have been doing some experiments and I ran
> into
> > an example that uses a 3-way splitter, perhaps you can tweak it to suit
> your
> > needs:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/ht
> > ml/_sample_mfc_VIEWEX.asp
> >
> > --
> > ================================
> > People who are organized are too lazy
> > to look for things - [unknown]
> > ================================
> > "Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I tried to create a T like 3 splitter window, 2 child windows on top,
> one
> > at
> > > bottom, with the following codes, but got exception, what's wrong with
> > that?
> > >
> > >  m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic(this, 2, 1);
> > >
> > >  //In which windows to put the view.
> > >  m_wndSplitter.CreateView(1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),
> > CSize(100,
> > > 100), pContext);
> > >
> > >  m_wndSplitterNext.CreateStatic(&m_wndSplitter, 1, 2, WS_CHILD |
> > WS_VISIBLE
> > >  m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(1, 0));

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> > > 100),pContext);

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> > > 100),pContext);

SetRowInfo
> the problem seems to be I didn't create a view to occupy the top space.
But
> if I do, this view will be ative, and the 2 child windows can't be
> displayed.
>

> "Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > m_wndSplitter.CreateView(1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),
CSize(50,
> > 50), pContext);
> >
> >  m_wndSplitterNext.CreateStatic(&m_wndSplitter,
> >          1, 2,
> >          WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER,
> >          m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(0, 0));

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> > 100),pContext);

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> > 100),pContext);
> >

> > OK, got it somehow. But the bottom half pane always covers the top 2
> panes.
> > I have to drag the splitter bar down to see the top 2 windows. any idea?
> >
> > pat
> >

> > "Andre" <nospam@spam.net> wrote in message
> > > Patrick,
> > >
> > > I'm no expert on this, but I have been doing some experiments and I
ran
> > into
> > > an example that uses a 3-way splitter, perhaps you can tweak it to
suit
> > your
> > > needs:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/ht
> > > ml/_sample_mfc_VIEWEX.asp
> > >
> > > --
> > > ================================
> > > People who are organized are too lazy
> > > to look for things - [unknown]
> > > ================================
> > > "Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > one
> > > at
> > > that?

> > > CSize(100,

> > > WS_VISIBLE

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,

I am also having some sizing issues, try to specify a size for your top view
only and leave the bottom ones at CSize(0,0)

perhaps a more knowledgeable person could join the thread at this point...
anybody?

--
================================
> the problem seems to be I didn't create a view to occupy the top space.
But
> if I do, this view will be ative, and the 2 child windows can't be
> displayed.
>

> "Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > m_wndSplitter.CreateView(1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),
CSize(50,
> > 50), pContext);
> >
> >  m_wndSplitterNext.CreateStatic(&m_wndSplitter,
> >          1, 2,
> >          WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER,
> >          m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(0, 0));

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> > 100),pContext);

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,
> > 100),pContext);
> >

> > OK, got it somehow. But the bottom half pane always covers the top 2
> panes.
> > I have to drag the splitter bar down to see the top 2 windows. any idea?
> >
> > pat
> >

> > "Andre" <nospam@spam.net> wrote in message
> > > Patrick,
> > >
> > > I'm no expert on this, but I have been doing some experiments and I
ran
> > into
> > > an example that uses a 3-way splitter, perhaps you can tweak it to
suit
> > your
> > > needs:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/ht
> > > ml/_sample_mfc_VIEWEX.asp
> > >
> > > --
> > > ================================
> > > People who are organized are too lazy
> > > to look for things - [unknown]
> > > ================================
> > > "Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > one
> > > at
> > > that?

> > > CSize(100,

> > > WS_VISIBLE

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,

m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100,

0
nospam116 (5)

Access attachments don't work anymore
Outlook 2000's security update makes it impossible to receive MS Access .mdb or .mde files. But I need to do this to earn a living as an Access developer! Other than have the sender rename the file there must be a simpler way to override the security patch. Outlook Express let's you turn off this feature but OL 2000 has no such setting. (The feature is basically worthless anyway - any hacker would know you just rename the file, put your hacker code in it and send it. Access will open ANY file, regardless of what you name it!!) See if the information on the following page help...

Painting the Blue Gradient BackGround of the Windows TitleBar
Is there any simple way to accomplish this? Never mind. "Peter Olcott" <olcott@att.net> wrote in message news:m8bEg.69$Tl4.40@dukeread06... > Is there any simple way to accomplish this? > > Never mind. How did you achieve it? --- Ajay Just replicate the semi gradient pixels horizontally across the background from the set of fixed values. "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1155613377.419292.72700@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >> Never mind. > > How did you achieve it? > > --- > Ajay > ...

windows update 12-25-09
I believe ninety nine percent of the updates failed on my computer. In fact I am unable to download IE8, and several other programs. I am running an IE7 in my computer and I am getting the warning that my os does not support it. What is my operating system? Windows vista basic home, is'nt funny!... Harry Dupre wrote: > I believe ninety nine percent of the updates failed on my computer. > In fact I am unable to download IE8, and several other programs. I > am running an IE7 in my computer and I am getting the warning that > my os does not support it. > > Wh...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

Sending e-mail to external recipient
Hi, We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade Users receive an error when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients. We are able to send e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail addresses. The general error is Failed to Initialize token. I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue. Any help is appreciated! Thank you, Donna You need to ensure that the SMTP service on exchange is configured to access relay requests from the crm web server ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

Create interactive pivot table chart based on item selected
I'm trying to remember how to drag a chart object to the top left cell of a pivot table thus displaying a charted image of the detail item selected. Any suggestions? ...

Access 2007 Reports
I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up- convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007. It works as a database just fine except: When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the default printer. I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and terminals. Any ideas people? Many thanks. JM This is a known prob...

IE8 can't access Microsoft Office site when all other browsers can
When trying to access the Microsoft Office page using IE8 I keep getting the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. If I use any other browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome) I have no problem accessing the page. This happens whether running in normal or No Add-on's mode. Despite how many people keep complaining about all the problems with IE8, neither the MVP's or Microsoft acknowledge that they exist. Asus P5E Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0GHz 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Windows 7 Ultimate (with all the latest updates installed) NIS 2010 (all up to date)...

I can't get rid of 1 "Payment to Send' Reminder-M07
On my Home Page in the Reminder section, I have a "1 Payment to Send" listed there. But there is NO payment to send. I"ve opened up back-up copies as far back as May and the reminder is there, but there is no payment that needs sending. Does anybody have an idea how I can get rid of this Reminder? Just removing the Reminder from Home Page doesn't do it. When you put the Reminder back on the Home Page, the "Payment to Send" is still there. Clicking on the link just takes me to Bill Summary page. ...

Start Outlook 2003 at windows startup??
Hi, I have a simple question: how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to system tray at windows startup? Thanks in advance edomonet@libero.it <edomonet@libero.it> wrote: > how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to > system tray at windows startup? Put a shortcut to it in your Startup program group. However, I don't believe it will start minimized. -- Brian Tillman It's better to put a shortcut in your Quick Launch bar or you will get errors if OL loads too soon before your connection and antivirus. You can customiz...

Service Pack Installation Issues with GP 9.00.0247.0 on Windows Vi
Greetings, I have installed Great Plains v9.00.0114.0 on Windows Vista. I ran the installation package MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB923671-v9-ENU, but receive the following messages with result of a failed installation of the Service Pack. Log Name: Application Source: MsiInstaller Date: 10/8/2007 11:50:13 AM Event ID: 11729 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: ABR\administrator Computer: AD088.abr Description: Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 -- Configuration failed. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas...

Can't Install IBF for CRM on CRM Server
first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name testcrm) after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://testcrm:8082" and click next button but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable" and can't install it. -_-' . but i can access "http://testcrm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and "http://testcrm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ? I had the same problem - try using http://localhost:8082 for...

can't change/delete bills and deposits
suddenly one day i realized that when i tried to change a bill, i could click "ok" but nothing would happen. I thought it was because i upgraded to 2004, so i deleted the bills and rescheduled. about 5 of the bills will not delete either. the error message is: "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation could not be performed or another application finished this task before you. Please try again." Now some of the newly scheduled bills will not allow me to change the properties, i click ok but nothing happens when i edit the series. I have repaired ...

Create incident on website : localhost ok
Hello everybody, I'am using /service/serviceportal.aspx when i open a new case in http://localhost:1917/service/serviceportal.aspx it creates the "incident" normally but when i open a new case in http://danubecrm:1917/service/serviceportal.aspx -> Operation failed due to a SQL integrity violation. Platform System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.W...

Subform doesn't work once added to main form
Hi, I've been searching around looking for some help and can't find anyone that has had quite the same problem. I have a main form called 'Sites' and have added a subform called 'Previous Year Flows' into the main form. I do not enter data into this subform. Instead, data on previous years is drawn through from a table called prev yr flows into this subform. When I open the subform on its own it draws through all the necessary data, but when it is embedded within the main form, none of the actual data is pulled through at all, although the linked fields, Site ID and A...

Creating a Check Box
I would like to learn how to create a check box. Is there a way to do that? The simplest checkbox (I think) is from the Forms toolbar. So View|tool bars and show that Forms toolbar. Click on the checkbox and then click on the topleft corner where it should be placed. Then draw to the opposite lowerright corner. When you've placed it correctly, right click on it and select "Format Control" On the Control Tab, you can assign a cell link that you can use to determine if the checkbox is checked or not. =if(A1=True,"It's checked","It's not checked") ...

odd files created
Every time I open and edit an excel spreadsheet on a network share, small odd files get created. They are usually no larger than 25-40k and don't have any extensions to them. Looking at the properties page for any file, the file description says File. Anyone know what this is from or how to get rid of them? Permissions are setup correctly for me, Word files don't have this behavior. Excel 2000 SP3 Thanks, Hi Brian, A file the same size as the workbook would be created in the same directory as the workbook. The filename would be nonsensical (or appear to be random) character...

Create Login with T-SQL
Hello, I am creating, using T-SQL, a database with its file groups, tables, constraints, etc. Can I also create, using T-SQL, a Login with Username and Password to access that database? Usually, I go to Security > Logins of SSMS to manually create the login. However, if I could do the same using T-SQL I would have it all made automatically. Thanks, Miguel EVERYTHING that the GUI does winds up as tsql executions on the server. :-) Most of them you can generate a script for using the Script menu in the upper left of the current dialog window. This is a great way to ...

Emails don't find contacts in restored Outlook
My hard drive burned up, so I replaced it, reinstalled, and imported everything into Outlook. The contacts are there if you click contacts. However, when sending emails, there is no way to connect to my contacts. It's like they are invisible. You never import Outlook data to restore it. You just open the Outlook data file. When you do, you will be able to configure your address book view to display your Contacts the same way as always: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine "Mike Row Soft" <MikeR...

CRM 4.0 CTP 3 Workflow problems
I'm trying to create a workflow that triggers on Status Change to the Quote Entity, which will create a new task. When I publish the workflow, and then try to do anything with a quote, I receive an error: You cannot switch the execution context's caller if the context is impersonating the system user. Has anyone else seen this in 4.0, and does anyone know what can be done to fix it? Thank you, Brett Whats the role of the user that has published the workflow? Whats the role of the user that is trying to perform action on the quote? If you unpublish the workflow, does the action ...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #3
Hi can anybody help. I check with varies newsgroup but to no scucess. like for example below When you send mail to an X.400 personal address book (PAB) entry or one-off address, you may receive the following non-delivery report (NDR):... However, this one-off entryis not active in our server. ...

Creating Charts for Use in Powerpoint
I have a series of charts that I need to create for a Powerpoin presentation. I thought it would be easy to just create the charts/graphs in Exce and then just cut and paste to the PP-Slides. I'm finding that it isn' quite that easy. Here are some of my problems that I hope someone might be able to she some light on and give me some direction. 1. In Excel how do you control the size of the chart? - When I create a chart 1 and define the data ranges I get a goo looking chart then I thouht, why reinvent the wheel so I just copy th chart to create chart 2 and change the data range, but...

Create Calendar mtg invite template to avoid retyp'g conf no's?
I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new invite. How do I do this? In what version of OUtlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "GM" wrote: > I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my > conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new > invite. How do I do this?...

Don't get some emails;
Some emails don't come thru. From another computer I can forward messages to my email site but don't receive new messages. Also not getting some emails from various sites. ...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...