Tip of the Day woes

I added the Tip of the Day component to my project. Easy enough. I run
the project and the tip of the day dialog comes up and then completely
greys itself out. There is nothing in the OnPaint handler to do this so
I am completely stumped. Does anybody have any ideas.....

Dominic

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Lock Chart Display to last 14 days (or data points)
I have some tables that are updated daily with a data point. I would like the chart to just display the most recent 14 days without having to manually change the source data range each time a new point is added. Any ideas? Thanks This page shows a chart of the most recent 12 months. Change a couple constants, and it'll do your last 14 days: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ toilinthedark wrote: > I have some tables that ...

Trial ended after 4-5 days
Does anyone know why my trial of excel home & student ended after a few days and what I can do about it? Who do I contact? ...

Election Day 2005 Is Wrong
When I added holidays to my calendar Outlook 2002 put Election Day (United States) on Tuesday November 1, 2005. Election Day is Tuesday November 8, 2005. Mark Whoever created the list probably assumed that Election Day is always the first Tuesday in November, but it's the first Tuesday on or after November 2. You'll have to change it manually for this year. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Mark Hatfield" wrote: > When I adde...

HowTo: "hover tool-tips" links and/or footnotes using rtf richedit
I've got an app that displays chapters-at-a-time using CRichEdit (rtf). I want to be able to show something like a "hover tool-tip" when the mouse is held over a superscript. Here is a simple rtf file example: {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}} {\*\generator Msftedit 5.41.15.1507;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Line 1\par Line with superscript number \up8 123\up0 in it.\par \b Bold\par \i Italic Bold\b0\par Italic only\par \i0\par } The intent is to show the equivalent of a "hover tool tip" when the mouse is over the 12...

Day Counter
Is there a way to use a count of days instead of a date for a project? For example, can I start a project on "Day 1" instead of "December 7" and have the count increase to "Day 2", "Day 3"...? In P2007 and earlier, you can hide the start/finish date columns. For the Gantt views you can change the format of the timeline using Format/Timescale... and select an appropriate format (exampe Week1, Week2..., or, 1,2,3,... from start or end). If you want to get busy, you can put a formula in a spare Text or Number column. Try this one for sta...

Execute VB code depending on time of day
Hi, I have the clock (24 format) in a spreadsheet. When a user clicks a button, I would like to see the procedure executed only if it is after a certain time. ie. if it is after 17:00, then the function will run, otherwise a msg will state that it is too early. I've looked at the OnTime code, but it will not serve my purpose. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, WA My preference for that kind of thing would be to use the ontime method. When the spreadsheet is opened check the time and if it is after 17:00 then enable the button otherwise disable. Have t...

Scheduling Birthmother's Day in Outlook 2002
Mother's Day (today) in the US is the second Sunday in May. The adoption community celebrates an additional day, Birthmother's day, to remember all those wonderful souls who made it possible for us to complete our families. Birthmother's day is scheduled for the day before Mother's Day, which would make it the second Saturday in May, except when May starts on a Sunday. Then it would be the first Saturday in May. Any ideas for scheduling this day in Outlook 2002? Please reply to my email address (3beoyv202@sneakemail.com) as well as the group. Thanks! Thanks for the help,...

Hot Shop Orient Watches Day Date
Hot Shop Orient Watches Day Date - Orient Minimum Price Hot Watch Shop : http://www.hotwatchshop.com Orient Watches : http://www.hotwatchshop.com/Orient-Watches.html Orient Watches Day Date : http://www.hotwatchshop.com/Orient-Watches-Day-Date-Watch.html Orient Watches Day Date All Products : Orient Pepsi Automatic Dive Watch : http://www.hotwatchshop.com/Orient-wristwatch-5695.html Orient Cem60001b Automatic Day Date Mens Watch : http://www.hotwatchshop.com/Orient-wristwatch-5696.html Orient Cem60001w Automatic Day Date Mens Watch : http://www.hotwatchshop.com/Orient-wristwatch-569...

tool tip delay
A member of derived CListCtrl public: //TODO because this is the app's tip, do we need to reset, do we need our own tip ctrl????? void SetTipDelay( long inSeconds ) { tipDelay= inSeconds * 1000; } And because: CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip= AfxGetModuleThreadState( )->m_pToolTip; I'm not that hep on TTs, but from what tracing I've done, the TT window seems to be very often created and destroyed. Is it often enough? Does the system time get reset every time? Does the TT window persist per dialog? Thanks, Dan. ...

days in month
If I put 01.02.2005 in Cell for Feb, 2005, How can I calculate total no. of days i.e. total Sundays, total Mondays, total Tuesdays etc. in that month? Ajit -- Knowldege is Power Hi! Here's one way: A1 = 2/1/2005 A2 = 2/28/2005 =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&A2)),2)=X)) Where X = 1 through 7 for Monday through Sunday Biff >-----Original Message----- >If I put 01.02.2005 in Cell for Feb, 2005, How can I calculate total no. of >days i.e. total Sundays, total Mondays, total Tuesdays etc. in that month? >Ajit >-- >Knowldege is Power...

Applying days of the week to dates
Hi, Does anyone know how to make Excel show the day of the week (ie Monday, Tuesday etc.) given a specific date? Thanks, Will Just format the cell Custom, "dddd" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "will" <will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F30A8464-4883-48E6-9BA5-69971E22B15F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone know how to make Excel show the day of the week (ie Monday, > Tuesday etc.) given a specific date? > > Thanks, > > Will ...

using if + networkingdays end with #name and not number of days
Hi, I'm having prob. getting the result for above function/formula. Co-worker use same function and it works for him. Running same function and file he used on my computer end with #name. Office is ok. function/formula is ok. Had same prob. 2 years ago with previous computer, and support helped changing something with regional and language set-up under control panel (don't remember what exactly-done some changes but didn't work). I have matches my set-up with my co-worker - it is the same. Does someone knows how to solve this issue ? Tools>Add-ins, check Analysis Toolpa...

Two weeks 15 days?
When I setup a reoccuring transaction as a "twice a month" transaction Money just seams to throw together whatever dates it wants. How do I make sure that these occur on specific days of the week. For example, I get paid every other Thursday, but Money sets it up for like every 15 days instead of 14. (Money 2004) Every other Thursday is every other week, not twice a month. "SubOne" <SubOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9537028F-AD75-4EF2-8B2B-80D2803974BE@microsoft.com... > When I setup a reoccuring transaction as a "twice a month&quo...

Can I get a macro to run at a certain time of day?
Hi I have recorded a macro which I would like to run every 30 mins. Is there a way I can get the macro to run automatically every 30 mins or at specific times? Any ideas on ways I can get it to do this? You need Ontime. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm -- HTH Bob Phillips "Nick123" <Nick123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C739E766-D74B-405D-AAC0-5DDC7CE3D5B0@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have recorded a macro which I would like to run every 30 mins. Is there a > way I can get the macro to run automatically every 30 mins or a...

Sent Folder
I cannot find a a way of extending the number of days held in the Sent Items folder. I am using Outlook 2007. My work outlook 2003 seems to keep things forever. -- TimD It depends what view you have set or what archive settings you are using "TimD" <TimD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1E5ADE0-C798-4F44-9CE5-624EFF6806E1@microsoft.com... >I cannot find a a way of extending the number of days held in the Sent >Items > folder. I am using Outlook 2007. My work outlook 2003 seems to keep things > forever. > -- > TimD ...

Validating time-of-day input #2
Hi All I have several time-of-day input cells formatted as Custom (hh:mm) and I calculate various time delays (in minutes). It all works fine, but if the user enters 1400 by mistake (instead of 14:00) the calculation fails and the input cell is reset to 00:00. I have tried formatting the time input cells as Time (hh:mm:ss) - I don't really want to seconds to display - but get the same problem. For example, I have data validation for C20 set as follows (C14 is a time input cell also) Data|Validation|Settings: Allow: Time Data: greater than Start time: =C14 I would have thought that t...

Rolling out RMS v2.0 this weekend
I'm not much of an early adopter when it comes to mission-critical applications, so I waited for the first HotFix for RMS v2.0 before upgrading. This Sunday is the day. I will shut down Store-HQ communications and start upgrading systems. I have four two-lane stores, a total of 27 PCs (including the eight registers) and the furthest store is about 100 miles/2.5 hours away. Are there any potential problems or known issues for which I might want/need to be prepared? Have any of the previously known issues (like the defective Detailed Sales report) been resolved that might make a pr...

Tips on integration between Axapta 3.0 and CRM needed.
Hello! I'm quite new to MS Axapta and MS CRM. I have a question about integration between MS Axapta and MS CRM. Is it possible to achive it directly without MS Biztalk? It would be a great help for me to get any useful links on this topic. Thank you in advance! Hi, this might be possible. depends on how you want to achieve that. if you can output the data to a file (xml,csv), you use Scribe or your own application to pick up that file and put that into CRM. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company www.crowecrm.com golotan@yahoo.com wrote: > Hello! > > I'm quite new to MS...

sort by day of the week?
Excel 2002 I have 10 years of grain prices...one price for each trading day of th year. In 'A' we have the date, in 'B' the price. What I need to do i get a list of prices for Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc... Possible? (I really, really don't want to do this manually) Than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com add a column = weekday(a1,1) etc and do a sort on this colum -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you. You saved me 3 or 4 hours of excruciating data entry. Thi was the last step of a vital report. Now I can do my char...

MOOL woes
I have nothing but troubles with MOOL. Only some of the email messages sync between my POP acocunt and my hotmail account. Even worse, some messages show up as duplicate on my PC although in the hotmail there is only one message. Frequently, alarms go off on one PC and then on another PC even though I select dismiss. Yes, even /cleanreminders doesn't do too much good. It's a routine task to run the cleaneruper. What gives? Does MOOL really work for anyone as advertised? I am cluess what to try next. Any advice appreciated. Thanks. "Only some of the email messages sync be...

calculating elapsed time over a period of days
I have data that I take over time (several days). I want to calculate total elapsed time over all the days of the experiment. Time data may look like this date time data elapsed time (min) 5/12/2006 09:10:00 1 0 5/12/2006 10:40:00 200 90 5/12/2006 12:30:00 etc 200 5/12/2006 15:30:00 380 5/12/2006 17:00:00 470 5/12/2006 20:45:00 695 ( I get this far with but when a day changes, how might I calc this) 5/13/2006 07:30:00 5/13/2006 10:40:00 5/13/2006 12:30:00 5/13/2006 15:30:00 5/...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

Z Report for Multiple Days/weeks/months
Does anyone know where I can get a report that will give me the daily Z report data but in column data by date? Right now I have to manualy enter every Z report into a spreadsheet. The data is obviously in the database but there is no obvious way of getting it out. I DO NOT want to just REPRINT Z Reports. I want a full month or quarters worth of data in a single report but still broken down by day. This will allow me to save as a CSV file then import into Excel where I can then massage the data as necessary. Please help, I get a lot of info from this data like the ability to analyz...

Outlook slow to open and is several days late
I opened outlook today, Friday evening, the current message was from Wednesday. Restarting has no effect. Walt Smith wrote: > I opened outlook today, Friday evening, the current message was from > Wednesday. Restarting has no effect. "The current message was from Wednesday". And that tells us WHAT? It says nothing that there are messages in your mailbox that are later than that. If you use the webmail interface to your e-mail account, do you see any new mails in the Inbox folder? We are supposed to guess WHICH version of Outlook that you use? We are supposed to guess W...

Assigning task on vacation day for a specific scneario(for SF depe
Hi, We have two tasks with task1 has *SF* dependency on task2 as follows Task Id | Task Name | Duration |Start |Finish| Dependency | Resource Names 1 | Task1 | 1 day | April 20, 2010 8:00 AM | April 21, 2010 9:00 AM | 2SF | R1 2 | Task2 | 2 days | April 21, 2010 9:00 AM | April 23, 2010 9:00 PM| |R2 R1 is on vacation on 21st April MPP displays the end of Task1 as April 21, 2010 9:00 PM Issue: As R1 is on vacation on 21st, expectation is that the Task1 should finish on 20th Apr not on 21st Apr. How can we resolve this issue in MS P...