Timeout value within which a Service must stop

Hi,

What is the time within which a service must stop after a
SERVICE_CONTROL_STOP message is received? Where is this timeout
paramater specified? Is it the same for all services running on a
machine?

The service in question is being stopped from the services window.  I
am working on a Windows 2000 machine and new to windows programming.
Would help if I could any information.

Thanks and Regards,
M Shetty

0
mshetty (5)
11/15/2005 12:47:30 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

<mshetty@mail.com> wrote in message
> What is the time within which a service must stop after a
> SERVICE_CONTROL_STOP message is received? Where is this timeout
> paramater specified? Is it the same for all services running on a
> machine?

ControlService would wait for 30sec for the service to respond. However,
it does not mean that the service absolutely must stop within this time
interval. The service can take as much time as it needs to perform the
action, as long as it periodically calls SetServiceStatus(STOP_PENDING)
to indicate that it's still making progress, and provide a time-out
within which it promises to report again. As long as the service keeps
calling SetServiceStatus on time, it is considered alive. If it misses
the self-imposed deadline for whatever reason, it is assumed hung.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead. -- RFC 1925

0
itandetnik (127)
11/15/2005 1:31:07 PM
Hi,

The service process can take as much time as it needs to finish
the task, provided that it uses the function SetServiceStatus()
with the currentState SERVICE_STOP_PENDING, to notify that it is
still making progress, alive and performing its job, also, the
controlService can wait for at least 30 seconds for the service
process to respond, but, it does not have to stop immediately
within this time frame, as long as it keeps sending its progress
status report on time with the API SetServiceStatus().

Hope these information helps,

Kellie.

Here is the link to the function mentioned above:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/setservicestatus.asp

Kellie.

Reporting Services Error 04-27-07
Last night I moved the CRM databases from our CRM Web Server to another SQL server in the same domain in hopes to increase performance. I followed the docs from Article 917948. I want the reporting services to remain on the CRM web server so I also followed the document on "Additional setup tasks when MS Reporting Services is installed on a seperate server from MS CRM or MS SQL Server". I setup the delagations and checked the SPNs. Our current setup is this: server1 CRM app Reporting services Win 2000 server, SQL 2000 Server 2 CRM databases Win 2003 server x64, SQL 2005 x...

Can callout developed by .net 1.1 call web service developed by ne
Hi I am developing MS CRM and i need to integrate with other system which implemented by VS 2005 .NET 2.0. The part of integration is when user insert or update company in CRM, then it must be auto update company in other system also. The updating should be synchronizing. What i am thinking is i customized at Post Create, Post Update, Post delete of company entity of CRM, then in the code i will go to call web service which coded by .net 2.0 to proceed modify, or inseret company record in other system. My problem is from what i understand that CallOut has to code and compile by .....

Stop mail from changing postition once replied to
How can I stop Outlook 2003 e-mail message from changing location in my in box once I have addressed them or replied to them? It scoots them to the bottom of my e-mail list and just rotates them as I work them... sounds like you are sorting by the modified date or icon - click on the received field to sort by it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange So...

Stop advancing in form with the "next" arrow at end of "list"
I have an editable form for users where they can query by date, etc. However, the next entry arrow allows them to advance beyond the result. For example, if their query resulted in 1 of 4, they can still click to 5, 6, and so on which only adds blank lines to the database table. How do I set this to stop at the last entry of their original query? You can cancel adding new records like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Cancel = True End Sub Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Duchess" <Duchess@discuss...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

disabling data updates within excel pivot table
When saving a Office Web Component Excel Pivot Table, as displayed from with a Web Browser, using the excel export function, I want to be able to freeze the data displayed, so that when ever I reopen the saved excel file the data content does not change to reflect any subsequent changes in the under lying OLAP cube ...

Manager Assist ...... Field Service Module
Hi to all, I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on the service call module...... is it a GP module or it is a separate software thank you in advance, ManageAssist is a seperate VB application that connects to the GP Field Service tables. It allows for both viewing of schedule calls as well as updating of certain records (i.e. Unavailable time, sick time, etc.) -- Gary Neumann Field Service Series Designer/Architect "Eng. Tareq Sabri" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on th...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

Select null values in Crystal Report
I want to select those records in a Crystal Report where the country is not filled. I can select those where it is filled, however I get zero record back when I want to select where it is not filled. I use the following selection formula in the record selection part: Length ({account.address1_country}) < 1 Any idea is appreciated. Thanks, Miklos ...

How to compare "varchar" values?
I need to compare a student's score (that s/he got it after a test) with the score requirement. The problem is the scores are either a "character" only, i.e., "2" OR combined a "character" AND the '+'/ '-' character, i.e., 2+. For example, if the require score is 2+ and the student's score is 2 then that student is not qualified. The datatype of scores is varchar. Can you please help in programming how to compare these values? Thanks a lot in advance. I appreciate it. I see two approaches. The first one is a trick, ...

display the value of an unbound textbox in a field within a table
I created 3 textboxs to calculate the number of business days between 2 dates. The 3rd textbox contains the value. I now want to have this value displayed in a table field. I'm sure this is easy but I'm a complete novice and have spent far too much time on this already. Can anyone help! Fibi, The general concept of tables is that they are for storage of data in the background. They are not for display of data. That is what forms and reports are for. Therefore, the appearance of the data in the tables is not normally relevant, and the display of calculated values is im...

Timeout issues on Sales Orders with many Products
Hi all, I'm experiencing timeout issues with Sales Orders that have 25-30 products on the Order Detail level. I haven't found any documentation on this particular issue. Has any ever seen this before? I'm a little loathe to start reindexing the tables, especially considering the SalesOrderDetail table has less than 300 rows. -Luke ...

stop mail from automatically downloading
Please help! How do i stop e-mail from automatically downloading when I start Outlook? I don't always want my mail downloaded and can't find any help on this subject anywhere! I was also advised to try this: When you close Outlook while working in Off-line mode File-> Work Off Line. Outlook will also start in Off-line mode. I'm going to try them both Thank you >-----Original Message----- >Referring to Outlook 2000 (assume other versions not too different): > >Tools>Options>Mail Delivery. Uncheck "Check for messages ...." Messages will not be down...

Add value when recording a macro
Hello, I recorded a macro to create a bar chart - I checked the checkbox to add the values. Stopped recording and showed me the chart with the values. If I run the macro again, it does not display the value. What is the code I need to always display the value? -- LizW After you create the chart, turn on the macro recorder again Select the chart, and choose Chart>Chart Options On the Data Labels tab, check Values Click OK Turn off the macro recorder In the recorded code, you'll see a line similar to this: ActiveChart.ApplyDataLabels AutoText:=True, LegendKey:=False, _ Ha...

passing non-field value into vba
I need to pass the line item sequence number (lnitmseq) from the sales item detail entry window into vba. This isnt a visible field in the window, so i cannot "add field to vba" using the TOOLS --> customize toolbar window. Anyone have any idea how this can be done? Using the Modifier you can make the field visible, add it to VBA and then remove the modified window or make the field invisible again. While in the Window Layout mode, make sure that the Invisible fields are shown (Layout >> Show Invisible Fields) and then change the Visual Property, Visible = true and mov...

how to program recurring value
I wish every entry of a colums to be a the same function of the entry above. How do I do that? Leo Hi Leo! Assuming that you have your first formula entered Select the range covered by the common entry formula F2 Ctrl + Enter -- -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Leo Kerner" <l.kerner@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:404294EF....

Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.
On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner. In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner. When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden. When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields needs to stay hidden. I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype and i need to make code on the onload of the page. I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work. Can someone please help me out please. Hi,...

How to only "paste values" of cells that are not "hidden"?
Hello, In my document, many columns are hidden. Say column B is hidden, and I need to copy columns A and C and paste values into another Excel document. How can I do that? When I select columns A and C, copy and paste values, the other document contains columns A,B and C, instead of just columns A and C. Thank you! Don't drag-select, control-click A and then C, for scattered-selection. Danny On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:33:01 -0700, Sam <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > In my document, many columns are hidden. Say column B is hidden, &g...

Counting Null Values in a Report
I have a report that is grouped by people, then by Reason Closed. I want to count how many entries do not have a closed date. I tried the previous posts but could not get it to work. I have a group header for each person to group their categories together. Thanks. Hi Dea, Try: =Sum(-IsNull([ClosedDateFieldName])) Note the minus sign just after the first paranthesis. IsNull() returns a -1 when the item is null, otherwise 0. So by summing up the negative of each (-1)s you are in essence counting 1 for each null item. Alternatively you could move the minus...

How do you search within a document?
I am woundering how you search with in a saved document. I want to make a spread sheet for my buisness on my supplies, my cost, and my mark up cost but there is over 200 so I was woundering how i can go into this saved document and just type in the item I am looking for and have it pop up with out having to scroll throu the list? The first thing you should look at is Data>Filter. It may well do everything you want. If you need more help, post back. Regards, Fred "Me2020" <Me2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6B20D94-EBC2-49E6-9E4F-127...

Can get UserProperty Names but not Values?
>From C++ using UserProp->Name I can get the name of a UserProperty, but UserProp->Value.bstrVal always returns nothing, anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong and has anyone ever accessed UserProperties from C++? UserPropertiesPtr UserProps = Con->UserProperties; if (UserProps->Count > 0) { tot = UserProps->Count; UserPropertyPtr UserProp; for (i=1;i < tot + 1;i++) { UserProp = UserProps->Item(i); MessageBox(NULL,UserProp->Name,"Test - Name",MB_OK); char* sText; sText = (char*)UserProp->Val...

Highlight changes within cell
Good morning! Using Excel 2003 I need to highlight the changes I’m making within a cell. For example: In cell B2, is the customer’s original order quantity of 200. I revise it to show 225 and I’d like the cell to be highlighted in yellow. I can then copy and paste the info into an email to show the customer which items have been revised. I’ve tried using Track Changes, but it seems that I have to click on the Track Changes button each time I open the workbook. It also doesn’t keep the revision highlighted for a copy and paste. I have 20+ worksheets within the workbook an...

Bug? Multiple values in merged cells
I found that merged cells can contain multiple values. Steps to reproduce: Type 1,2,3,4 in a1:d1 type sum(a1:d1) in e1 Select a1:b1 and merge Warning : MultipleData, overwrite? Say yes to merge Select the merged a1:b1 cells Copy Select c1 PasteSpecial Formats No warning.. no overwrite. c1:d1 are now merged BUT d1 still contains a value... and the SUM of a1:d1 = 8 !! Also happens with FormatPainter etc Behaviour observed in xl97,xlXP and xl2003 Error checking will find no fault in the sheet... and you can spend ages to find out WHY your cross sums dont match! (although now that i fou...

What does the program return value mean, for example 0(0x0) or 2 (0x2), when debug a program?
What does the program return value mean, for example 0(0x0) or 2 (0x2), when debug a program? -- ___________________ Xiongjun Xia It's what WinMain (or main) returns. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Xia Xiongjun" <xj-14@126.com> wrote in message news:%23wHd$78tFHA.2392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What does the program return value mean, for example 0(0x0) or 2 (0x2), > when debug a program? > > -- > ___________________ > Xiongjun Xia > Think of these as random numbers. That way you won't be misled into thinking they have any significanc...

How to assign value to controls on a Report
I am trying to assign value on a txtbox control from a form to a txtbox control on a report. Form txtbox control:txtBeginDateRange Report txtbox control:txtStartDate reportName = "Report by DR and Vendor" I am have a problem with this line of code Reports![reportName]!txtStartDate = Me.txtBeginDateRange DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, acViewPreview Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Ayo. Answered in another post where you asked the same question. ...