timed updation

Hi all,

i want to make an application which runs every week and download a
file from web how do i make my exe run once a week just like task
schduler does

i can't use task schduler

please help
0
xmontyx (28)
2/23/2004 11:54:57 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi
 You can probably use SetTimer() if your app is a MFC app, but I guess one Week is too long a period to be handled by the Application

Balaji.
0
anonymous (74722)
2/23/2004 12:36:05 PM
Actually a week is, by my computations, 1000*60*60*24*7=60,480,000 milliseconds,
comfortably within the range of SetTimer.

However, there are many other issues here. For example, it requires the program be up and
running. And that the program always compute the right number of milliseconds that it
needs to sleep, even if is brought up only an hour in advance.

Waitable timers can take an actual date/time value and you can block on a waitable timer
until that date/time is reached. A thread which does this and then either does the work or
notifies the main GUI thread to do the work would work.

But if it is a regular thing, you might consider a system service (using a waitable
timer). It would start up when the system boots, and perform this action even if no one
were logged in.
				joe

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 04:36:05 -0800, Balaji <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
> You can probably use SetTimer() if your app is a MFC app, but I guess one Week is too long a period to be handled by the Application.
>
>Balaji.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
2/23/2004 5:49:39 PM
how do i correctly handle the reboots
0
xmontyx (28)
2/24/2004 6:19:03 AM
A system service can be set up to start upon reboot. So other than marking it as an
auto-start service there's nothing you need to do. Except, of course, compute the correct
value for the waitable timer.
					joe
On 23 Feb 2004 22:19:03 -0800, xmontyx@yahoo.com (Monty) wrote:

>how do i correctly handle the reboots

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
2/24/2004 7:27:43 AM
do system services work in 9x
0
xmontyx (28)
2/24/2004 1:29:06 PM
No.

On 24 Feb 2004 05:29:06 -0800, xmontyx@yahoo.com (Monty) wrote:

>do system services work in 9x

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Daylight Savings Time Changes
Hello, Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System Manager)? Thanks in advance K On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:24:03 -0800, Kerry <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has >to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System >Manager)? > >Thanks in advance >K Im all for consistency. If the patch isnt needed, it shouldnt install, so I would at ...

cannot see updated DLs in Outlook
With my usual Exchange admins both on vacay, I've been charged with creating/updating distribution lists. We're in a Windows2003 and Exchange2003 environment. I've changed permissions on the DL. Updated them to Global/Distribution in AD and synched the DCs using AD Sites and Services (for grins). Still nothing in the address book on the client side. I'm going to peruse the event logs on the Exchange box next, but meanwhile if any of you have an idea of what's going on.... Thanks, JM You can try the following steps (very basic): 1. Go to ADUC, properties of any one DG...

Last Updated Filed
What event triggers the update of the field LastUpdated in the Items table? Marc This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0280_01C7F013.BD3F8510 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0281_01C7F013.BD3F8510" ------=_NextPart_001_0281_01C7F013.BD3F8510 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Marc, Depends on what version you have as its been fixed and broken many times = over the last year!=20 Look it up on CustomerSource hotfix list. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Poin...

Updating Financial Institutions for Money 2004
I have money 2004 and I am setting up online services. American Funds is not listed as a financial institution. I know American Funds IS listed for Money 2006 after viewing the list of financial institutions supported by 2006 online. Anyone know how to update financial institutions for Money 2004 or do you know why it's not there? In microsoft.public.money, "C Jensen" <C Jensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have money 2004 and I am setting up online services. American Funds is not >listed as a financial institution. I know American Funds IS listed f...

Take a look at the correction update
--ihqexvwvlznjwudix Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xuzikszmnh"; type="multipart/alternative" --xuzikszmnh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uvrjpsddwlnwfr" --uvrjpsddwlnwfr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the sec...

Internet Connections / News Updates Money 2004
I know that my internet connection works. I can view webpages with IE and also Money 2004. When I click on the update now links the message says that it goes through but the updates are not showing up. Also, when I am trying to setup my passwords for my bank accounts it needs to connect to the internet but It says I have no internet connection set up. I am using Adelphia Cable as my ISP. I contacted them and they say it is not their end why Money cant connect. I was given a cd to automatically setup my internet I did not manually configure anything. If you know anything about th...

Integration Manager
I have a customer integration which runs fine the first time. If I re-run it it fails with the following message: Beginning integration... DOC 1 ERROR: Internet Information for Address 'PRIMARY' already exists; cannot insert. Integration Failed The destination edit mode is set to Insert and Update. You want to take out the your address information for the integration manager on the next reruns. There are certain fields that will work with integration manager only once. After the first run, the field is then a Key field on another table, in this case the "Address ID" fi...

Recent update 6/8
I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. Running XP. I had to use restore after today's updates -- dlg "CowsyW" wrote: > I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. > Running XP. ...

Running macros for different cells at the same time
Hi all, Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the sam time? If so how do I go about setting it up? Cheers Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the same > time? If so how do I go about setting it up? > > Cheers > > Michael > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes it is possible to run different m...

Outlook locks up all the time
This is a shot in the dark. Ever since getting my new Thinkpad with Windows XP, Outlook has never seemed to work properly. I've run diagnostics on my machine and nothing comes up as a problem. I've installed a spyware program because after talking to IBM tech support, they suggested I try that. I also talked to another support tech, who suggested I reinstall Windows completely. I'm not a real technical person. Won't a re-install wipe out my files? Most of the time that I use Outlook for my email, it slows down and eventually locks up. When I restart my computer,...

Update Quotes #2
Is there any way to permanently disable the "Update Quotes" feature? I do not have a stock portfolio and the Update Quotes feature takes upwards of 5 minutes to complete. I know that I can turn it off for each session, but I would rather just permanently disable it. Which version of Money? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I d...

no updates since 2008
I am trying to update an old machine, but when I go to the express otion, it comes back with no updates are needed. I look on the history and the last updat is from June of 2008. Any clues why this is happening? dms21032 wrote: > I am trying to update an old machine, but when I go to the express > otion, it comes back with no updates are needed. I look on the > history and the last updat is from June of 2008. Any clues why > this is happening? No clues as to what OS and what service pack it might be? Even what architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) the OS is... So - n...

Office 2007 non-commercial use + Code 78F when updating
Hi All, Have a couple questions relating a Vista/Office 2007. We bought a sony vaio laptop that came pre-intalled with a trial license of office 2007. I un-installed Office completely and install a fresh copy of our partner license copy of office 2007, but when loading any office application now its shows 'Microsoft Outlook non-commercial use' and same for word,excel, etc. Anyone have any idea why this is? Second question is relating to windows updates in Vista; I get an error Code 78F when trying to install any update, and the soultions i try doesnt seem to resolve this issue....

Update Now and NationalCity Online Banking
I posted a message a week ago about my Update Now not showing the option to update my banking information in Money 2006 Deluxe. Someone suggested it maybe not be working because I have "Access money data on the web" turned on. I should disable this and it may fix the problem. I tried this and still did not fix the problem. I played with it for over a hour last night going to the "Manage Online Services" screen and trying to set up my online services again. I go through selecting my bank, then entering my login information. I click the ok button to continue and it ei...

Exchange 2003 global address list updateing
I added a new user to the domain and set up a mailbox for him. Everything is fine. I can log him in and open outlook and see his account. The problem is that the global address list has not updated to include him what could the problem be? You can manually update your Recipient Update Service in Exchange System Manager. Check in ADUC for the user to make sure he has been stamped with an SMTP address. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "sdever@physcal.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:037001c3d567...

How do I convert a time format to a double
I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours when I get the number for hours worked it is in time format / .27398237 I need the number 4 so that I can do my calculation. How do I convert it to a number? Multiply with 24 and format as general -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DMB" <DMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552FAD83-E8D4-4573-B9FF-613DDD259C22@microsoft.com... > I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time > > 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours > > when I get the number for hou...

Best way to update links
When we open a file, it will ask us if we want to update links and it will ask "yes or no"? If you answer yes, it will say "not enough memory" u"nable to update external links". It does appear to be updating the information. Should I have any concerns as a result of the warning? Is this a result of a slow PC or the network? Would the better approach be to answer "no" and update the links manually? Thanks for your help in advance! ...

Exporting data to outlook, then updating....
Hi Everyone, I have a calendaring system developed in Visual FoxPro that I would like to use to send calendar information (appointments etc...) to Outlook, and then be able to either "delete and replace" or "update in place" later on. I have many examples of how to send data to Outlook, but haven't come across any that describe how to "synchronize" those items in outlook if they've changed in my VFP application (this only needs to be a one-way sync, once the data is in Outlook, it should be read-only). Is there an easy way to find the items that I've...

Updating a list control dynamically per group?
Hi there, This is driving me nuts. I've got a form, which is based on a query. Each record is identified by an ID. I have grouped by ID, and have a header/footer for each different iteration of ID. Pretty simple. BUT. I want to dynamically access some other data using a list control, based on the ID. As the ID changes for every iteration (obviously), I want the data to reflect the ID of that Iteration. However, it would seam it doesn't perform a requery for each iteration of the ID, rather just performing the query for the first iteration, then using this for every other. I...

in VBA how to retreive cell values 1 byte at a time?
How would I write VBA to retrieve (get at) the value in a cell byte by byte from its natural form? i.e. no conversions are to be performed. E.g., if a string, then I may get more bytes than for a number. Thanks. Penny, If the cell contains text, you can retrieve characters (bytes) with the MID function. =MID(A2, CharPosition, 1). You can get the actual byte values with the CODE function =CODE(MID(A2, CharPosition, 1)). If a number, you can extract the decimal digits of the number in the same way, but you're not getting actual bytes (as stored by Excel). Excel stores numbers in ...

TIME function used in Excel
I'm new to these newsgroups, so I apologize if my etiquette is not appropriate. I'm trying to help a friend whose computer was recently replaced. In his new computer, his custom macro will not run. He gets a "Microsoft Visutal Basic Compile error: Can't find project or library" with the TIME function highlighted. I first suggested using the NOW or DATE function, but he said it creates an additional series of errors. I also tried installing 'Windows Script 5.6' to no avail. Any suggestions on how to get this TIME function to work? Thank you in advance for ...

Keep Money 2004 or 2005 to maintain internet accout updates longer
I am parallel testing M2005 and M2004 and so far have not encountered any problems. I was particularly concerned about the internet update option and the problems people were having with Yodlee. I don't thjnk my M2005 is using Yodlee, but if it is there's no problem. However I seem to recall a thread here regarding having to buy a new version every 2 years beginning with M2005 or the internet account updates would stop working...and that this "feature" applied to versions starting this year. Is that correct...ie if I keep M 2004, there is not pre-defined cutoff date for s...

Date and Time formular
I'm trying to take one date and time away from another but having a problem fathomining it out eg 01.04.2008 10:55:27 - 01.04.2008 9:37:13 The date and time are in the same cell eg 01.04.2008 10:55:27 is in A1 A formula for this would be great if anyone has one to hand Thanks Just subtract =End_Time-Start_Time -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "SS" <Student.2@uk.bosch.com> wrote in message news:g0hgsk$jgc$1@news4.fe.internet.bosch.com... > I'm trying to take one date and time away from another but having a > problem fathomining it out > > eg >...

Windows Update Agent 7.4.7600.226 11-25-09
Note: This question was posed to the vista.general group with no responses offered. My Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium has failed to load the subject update on 20 different occasions since 13Nov09. The "Error Details" is Code 80073712, which is nothing more than a general error code with no specific fixes recommended. I have also tried the manual workaround from the Window Help site as well as the Window Update Fix-It application to no avail. Anybody have an idea as to how to resolve this issue? I have found the following tool to be he...

Date and Time #2
I see how that NOW() function works but is it possible to display only the time and not the date? Nick Use now(), then format the cell to only show time format=>Cells=>Number Tab, select time and pick a format. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Lord Of The Morning <Not@aol.com> wrote in message news:vmjrr6dsduv569@corp.supernews.com... > I see how that NOW() function works but is it possible to display only the > time and not the date? > Nick > > Yes, with TIME you'll get only the (current) time "Lord Of The Morning" <Not@aol.com> wrote in message...