Time Sync help

Does anyone have an example or article handy of a way to sync
workstations time w/ a server?
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you talking about a Server and WorkStation that you have created.
If so I have done the exact code in the past, however, not sure if I can
help.
It all depends on how your server and work station communicate.  This can be
further complicated if you have a server running along with several work
stations.. across time lines.

"Kelly Brimstone" <kellybrimstone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have an example or article handy of a way to sync
> workstations time w/ a server?

0
J.Oliviero (32)
9/2/2003 9:20:30 PM
I suppose it depends on what protocol you plan to use for time
synchronisation but my favourite "article" on the subject is at
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1769.txt  or http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2030.txt
These are the RFCs for SNTP which are not highly accurate methods for time
synchronisation but they are good enough.  I wrote a small C++ library DLL
that implements a bunch of clients for fairly simple networking protocols
(DHCP, SNTP, DNS, etc).  I used the SNTP support to implement this graphics
SNTP client: http://www.mair-family.org/Downloads/SNTPClock.msi  It's a
fairly simple protocol and Windows NT based platforms support it both as a
client and, as I understand it, a server via registry mods.

"Kelly Brimstone" <kellybrimstone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have an example or article handy of a way to sync
> workstations time w/ a server?

0
mairda (55)

Need Help #2
I have recently fallin' on hard economic times, I would really like you all to send me donations so I may purchase the new Office 2003 Professional Suite next month. Please send funds to Excel Guru P.O. Box 321 Grosse Pointe, MI Thank you. What's the zip code there? >-----Original Message----- >I have recently fallin' on hard economic times, I would >really like you all to send me donations so I may >purchase the new Office 2003 Professional Suite next >month. Please send funds to > Excel Guru > ...

Is it able to recieve email during the maintanance time?
When setup exchange server, it asks to configure the maintanance time every day. Since we have users globally, they will possiblly connect to the server during that maintanance time. So wondering whether they can recieve email at that time? If unable, what can I do to provide a constant mail service. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. Sam On 14 Sep 2006 07:56:05 -0700, "Sam" <sam.liyan@gmail.com> wrote: >When setup exchange server, it asks to configure the maintanance time >every day. Since we have users globally, they will possiblly connect to >the server dur...

Billable Time subtracted from Contract Line
Using CRM 3.0 I have been setting up Contacts & Contract Lines, and when opening the contract line it indeed decreases the time allotment (if the contract is time based), based on cases files against it.. When we try to resolve a case and insufficient time is left, it will ask me whether I want to still save, it... but then it will give me a system error and prevent me from saving if indeed the Billable time exceeds the balance on the contract line. Any ideas, anyone had same problem? -- Juan Fidalgo Sr. Bus. Analyst SCI ...

What is the max limit exchange 2003 can send at 1 time?
I seem to be getting cut off at 200 messages through my gfifaxmaker program and I was wondering where I could go to find this setting and change it to a higher limit. microsoft wrote: > I seem to be getting cut off at 200 messages through my gfifaxmaker program > and I was wondering where I could go to find this setting and change it to a > higher limit. That sounds to me like a good thing. --JM Well its not a good thing, I use to be able to send out 2000 faxes from exchange 5.5 and now my distribution list has to be cut into 10 groups instead of having them in one. I ju...

Help #5
Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each period (month) by counterparty. If the sum is positive it is an AR, If negative an AP. Anyone know a quick way to do this? Period Counterpart P/L AR AP Jul-05 Coke 5000 Jul-05 Coke 10000 In D2 =IF(C2>0,"AR",) In E2 =IF(C2>0,"AP",) Then highlight D2 to E3 and hit control d "Tim T via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > > Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each > period (month) by count...

HELP ME RESTORE OUTLOOK
I accidentally removed my Outlook e-mail program with the add/remove wizard. I know it's still on the computer, but just HOW do I get it back? HELP ME RESTORE OUTLOOK wrote: || I accidentally removed my Outlook e-mail program with the add/remove || wizard. I know it's still on the computer, but just HOW do I get it || back? If you used Add/remove then it's NOT on the computer. You need to re-install it from your Office CD -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk HELP ME RESTORE OUTLOOK wrote: > I accidentally r...

Help Creating A Formula #2
I need to make a formula for alook up. The first spreadsheet i inventory, the second one is pg 103 strapping. I want to enter the fee and inches for pg 103 on the inventory and have it look up the feet an inches on strapping chart and enter the appropriate gallons in column Attachment filename: p & g 101 strapping.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=50210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Help creating a script in SQL or Calculated field in Crystal
How do I take this script and manipulate it to give me one long string with static text as well as SQL data in specific positions within the string. Example result: Positions / Data: 1-3 / 173 (Static text) 4-6 / spaces 7-10 / "X_UPR30300"."YEAR1", (has to show up as 2007. Showing up as 2,007) 11 / 4 (Static text) 12-22 / "UPR00100"."SOCSCNUM" 23-57 / "UPR00100"."LASTNAME" 58-92 / "UPR00100"."FRSTNAME" 93 / "UPR00100"."MIDLNAME" 94-120 / "UPR00102"."ADDRESS1" 121-148 / &q...

Excel formula help #4
Hello! Can somone help me with this formula 2004:21-0-1-1-11 in this cell i wan't to get out "21" 2005:2-0-0-0-1 in this cell i wan't to get out "2" My result from the formula is "-21" and ":2-" is there a formula that i can use on both and get the result "21" and "2"? I want to add the together at the end and get the result "23" but with : and - i only get error. -- johhny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johhny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

UTC time to Central Time (US)
Hello. I need to convert UTC time to US Central Time Zone. The date is in one column and the time is in another below. A | B ---------------------------------- Date | Time ---------------------------------- 2005-10-24 | 12:15:00 I want to convert the Date and Time columns in UTC to a single Date and Time column in US Central Time. Thanks for any advice Assuming UTC is the same as GMT then the difference is 6 hours STD, so if the time is 06:00 AM it is 12:00 PM GMT, thus add 6 hours and since the y are all numbers just add =A1+B1+(6...

Time duration formula
I would like to know the formula to work out my employees employment duration, from a given start date to the current day. many thanks Take a look at DATEDIF. Explained at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ska" <Ska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B10818AE-1CAD-4CE5-BDED-BC0DDC96C876@microsoft.com... > I would like to know the formula to work out my employees employment > duration, from a given start date to the current day. > > many thanks Thanks Bob, I have us...

Linking text within Excel-- help!
I have a mailing list that I will be importing into Excel, and am trying to link the names on the list to invoices for those people on the list. Can I do this in Excel by using links? The Excel help feature only seems to describe links with figures (numbers), not text. e.g. Mr. Bill Jones, 123 Main Street, Middletown, OK 40404 (each word in its own cell in the mailing list worksheet) ....would link to a worksheet that had Bill Jones' name and address but also indicted that he purchased a $100 product on June 15 and his bill has been paid in full. My questions: 1. Each of the 300 or...

Manual Sales Methodology -- Need Help
Hi, Here is my situation. We are trying to implement a manual sales methodology. Basically I have a dropdown list called "Sales Stage" with values entitles "Stage 1", "Stage 2" and "Stage 3". I need the values here to effect the sales pipeline and the sales pipeline report. The other issue is that a lead can advance or retreat in the sales cycle. Meaning it could go from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and then back to Stage 1 or could go Stage 1 to Stage 3 and then to Stage 2. I know I need a workflow setup (as just effecting the "stepname&quo...

Outlook hangs ,7th time :-(
Hi all, In our company we are using Exchange 2000 as mail server, and outlook 2002 sp2 as email client. Each client is configured to download its emails to a local pst file. We are facing the following issue : If you add a rule to move messages from inbox to a particular folder, during send/receive and just after receiving 3-5 messages (and these messages are moved to their folders) the outlook stops responding. If you run outlook with /safe parameter it will not hang! If any one could advise I would be gratefull. Thanks, Osama. ...

Planning Lead time-Item Vendors Maintenance window
Previously used manufacturing and MRP in v9 and the Planning Lead time on the Item Vendors Maintenance window (bottom left corner), we used to enter 7 for the number of days in 1 week. MRP then suggested to place PO's using these 7 days as one week. Now when we enter 35 for example ( V9 calculated 5 weeks for placing the PO) Now since V10 it looks like it is calculating 7 weeks lead time (35 days divided by 5 days) Did something change with V10 on this field and how MRP uses it with the Request Resolution window? thanks! -- Doug The system now looks at calendars and can conside...

need formula help
I'm trying to have a formula do 3 scenerios in one cell and have a partial formula working: IF(AND(G39>30, G39<=7),3000) which equates to if cell G39 is greater than 0 and less than or equal to 7 use 3000. I would like to continue the formula that if G39 is greater than 7 and less than 14 use 5000 and if G39 is greater than 14 use 7500. How can I do this? Hi, =IF(AND(G39>0, G39<=7),3000,IF(AND(G39>7, G39<=14),5000,if(G39>14,7500))) "tom" wrote: > I'm trying to have a formula do 3 scenerios in one cell and have a partial > form...

Formula Help #66
I need help with a formula. I can't figure out how to calculate for missing number. '05 we sold x units, I know we had a X% increase over '04 so what wa the '04 sales? Column A = '05 Columb B = '04 Column C = % increas -- bab ----------------------------------------------------------------------- babz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2781 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49307 '04 sales = '05 sales / 1.X% increase Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "babz" wrote: >...

Need help, pls, with contacts...
As I enter names in Outlook 2000, I would like their title to appear before their name in both the contact listing AND when I send an email.. example... Dr. Joe Smith... instead of just Joe Smith.. And having to click 'Full Name' to reveal the title of Dr. Also, is their a way to add additional titles to the dropdown list? I also deal with religious that use Sr. (Sister) and Fr. (Father), as well as Deacon... Thank You! -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

Adding time
I want to add time,like a sum. 12:00+12:00+12:00=36:00? I keep getting a basic time like 12:00. Could you please supply a formula. Thank you Hi In the cell with the formula, Format>Cells>Number>Custom [h]:mm Putting the [ ] brackets around h allows it to sum past 24 hours. Regards Roger Govier trucker wrote: > I want to add time,like a sum. > > 12:00+12:00+12:00=36:00? > > I keep getting a basic time like 12:00. Could you please supply a formula. > > Thank you > ...

Header file help
Sir, I am presently doing an application work in VC++.I am doing the coding for "Virtual CD ROM Drive".In this I am not getting one headerfile i.e "#include<ntddcdrm.h>".In msdn you mentioned the path windows nt DDk which I am not having.I am kindly requesting you to provide this header file through mail. thanking you your faithfully Kiran. Hello, You downloads ntddcdrm.h from the following link, http://cvs.winehq.com/cvsweb/~checkout~/wine/include/ntddc drm.h?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain Regards, R.Selvam >-----Original Message----- >Sir,...

Strange "button"
I got an .xls from someone and had to populate some cells with data extracted from the application database, which I did OK. My problem is the fact that the .xls came with something like a button (not created by me) that I want to delete, but simply can't. I can't select it, like I can do with the forms controls I'm used to work with, although it appears to be a normal command-button. What could that object be? And how could I simply get rid of that? Ok, I finally found the answer. "BEDE" wrote: > I got an .xls from someone and had to populate some cells with d...

Control Supported Device List for Active Sync
Hi I want to restrict what devices can connect to Active Sync - there is a built in list of supported devices which the service packs keep updating but is there a way to control this list yourself i.e. to only include two devices in the list? I want to control which devices meet the company standard and stop any which don't! More Info: Overview of mobile devices that are supported by Outlook Mobile Access in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=821835 Thanks Clive ...

Time Entry
A simple problem I would appreciate your help with. I have a work sheet with several cells where time is to be entered in the format hh:mm. Unfortunately a lot of users are enetering it in the format hh.mm. Is there any way I can automatically convert to the right format, or not accept the (.) but only (:). Thanks for your help. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If InStr(1, Target.Text, ":", vbTextCompare) < 1 Then MsgBox "invalid entry" End If End Sub Enter the above code in the sheets module Mangesh -- mangesh_yadav -------------------...

Does Multi-Field Index Work For Date/Time Values Only
I created a MS-Access DB table with the following 3 columns: ColID - PRIMARY KEY Col1 - Number Col2 - Date/Time Next I created a multi-field index using Col1 & Col2. I entered the following row in the 1st row: 1 5/10/2007 Next when I tried to add the above row again, as expected, I wasn't allowed to enter the same row. Next I entered the following 2 rows: 1 5/11/2007 2 5/10/2007 Both the rows were accepted. After this I deleted the 3 records, went back to the design view & changed the data type of Col2 from Date/Time to Number keeping the multi-field index...

border help
When I go to print my page with my border on it, it prints the top and sides but not the bottom, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I have tried to change the margins as well but I get the same thing. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:25:01 -0800, michelle <michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I go to print my page with my border on it, it prints the top and sides >but not the bottom, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I have tried to change >the margins as well but I get the same thing. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm ...