The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call

Our company has a big software.

It runs very smoothly on my colleagues' machine.

But If I copy the source codes to my machine, although it can be compiled
successfully, there will be the following error message when the program is
running:

---------
File: i386\chkesp.c
Line: 42

The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is
usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention
with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention
---------

I can't understand the program can run on other's computer, but not mine?

Is the because that others are using the Windows XP system, but I'm using
Windows 2000 Pro system?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion from you.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>It runs very smoothly on my colleagues' machine.
>
>But If I copy the source codes to my machine, although it can be compiled
>successfully, there will be the following error message when the program is
>running:
>
>---------
>File: i386\chkesp.c
>Line: 42
>
>The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is
>usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention
>with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention
>---------
>
>I can't understand the program can run on other's computer, but not mine?

As you're building the program on your own individual machines, you're
not necessarily running an identical program. Is your colleague
running a release build while you're running the debug build?

The run-time error you're seeing indicates precisely what it says -
and it usually occurs for the reason it says - so debug the program
and find where it's occurring and fix it.

>Is the because that others are using the Windows XP system, but I'm using
>Windows 2000 Pro system?

No.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

Default picklist values not appearing on convert from lead to acco
Hi, Converting a lead to an account. I have several picklist fields (on the account) which should bring up a default value. When I create a new account from scratch they all appear. When I convert a lead to an account none of the default values are there. There are no offending mappings or scripts that would explain this. Has anyone else seen this or can offer any guidance. Ta Pete. Default values are not set on enties which are converted or created trough the webservice. The only way to have a default value set for any path is to use the PreCreate Callout. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MC...

WM_QUERYENDSESSION and saving data through a worker thread
Hello I have an application that uses a worker thread to save/load data. I'm wondering what is the best reaction to WM_QUERYENDSESSION in my case. I have to possible scenarios: 1. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and wait for it to end. Only then return TRUE from WM_QUERYENDSESSION handler. The problem is that I will get nusty dialog that my application "is not responding". 2. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and return FALSE from the handler. When thread is done force application to end. But this way I will probably prevent Windows from closing,...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

O2003 New Toolbars Saved Where?
I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" file and I can see my data (e.g. views) so I know its using the correct "outcmd.dat" file. However two custom toolbars I created are not shown nor are they in the customized toolbar list. Are custom toolbars saved in a different location? Thanks Shawn On Jul 24, 6:22=A0pm, srm <s...@primatech.com> wrote: > I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 > and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" ...

Function doesn't run
In my spreadsheet, I have the following function =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the cell. How do I fix this problem? Format the cell as General and re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Justin" <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote in message news:1165596899.059148.31580@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... | In my spreadsheet, I have the following function | =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) | However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the | cell. How do I fix th...

email address on Service Call Entry window
Add an email address field to the Service Call Entry window for the customer contact on the service call. Even if it is not pulled from the email address of the address id on the service call, at least the dispatcher could enter an email address on the service call in order to communicate with the customer regarding the call. It is common to take email address as part of contact information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Problems opening/saving attachments
I am unable to open or save any .rtf file attachments - this started happening today, previously there were no problems with .rtf files. When I try to open such an attachment I get this message: Can't create file: xyz.rtf Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. What folder is this? I am trying to open the attachment not creat the file! Also, when I try to send an rtf file as an attachment, in the email message the file does not show in the attachments section but the receipient actu...

Return values that sum to a known value
I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would return any items from that list that sum to a known value. Have a look at this thread for something similar: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?pg=7&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&fltr= Regards, Tom "lmattern" wrote: > I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would > return any items from that list that sum to a known value. ...

Saving address to replyed emails
IN outlook express I could automatically save the email address when I replyed to an email. I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 Can some please help Not possible. You will need to right click on the address and select to Add to Contacts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Garth <smilepolice@hotmail.com> typed: | IN outlook express I could automatically save the email | address when I replyed to an email. | | I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 | | Can some please help ...

Outlook saves image attachment as bitmap
Hi. I have Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. When I save an image attachments, it only allows me to save it as bitmap. Before, it used to let me choose between bitmap & jpeg. I found an article on Microsoft's website, but it only pertains to Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978#appliesto). I did it anyways, but it didn't correct my problem. Thanx in advance, Candee ...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

Email Text Dissappears when Save
When we save email messages (as a draft) the text dissappears, even when th I use my administrator account. Anybody have any idea what that is happening. ...

Can I set SQL mirroring across WAN?
We have a 100 Mb dedicated DR link to another data center. Want to set up a SQL 2008 database to use mirroring from primary to a standby server at the remote data center. I did a ping test and here is the result. ping -n 100 -l 5120 <target IP> Ping statistics for <target IP> Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 11ms is the network latency good enough for database mirroring? Does anyone know the min. requirement? Field experience will be fine too....

Adding a button with a function on protected sheets.
How do i add a button to 'reset/clear' the data on a worksheet that is protected and uses VLookup data (from another worksheet). Everyday this table will have data chosen from combo boxes or manually entered in allowable editable fields and at the end of the day after the files is saved, I need to clear that data for use on the next day. How is this Reset button applied with allowable edit ranges, VLookup data and a protected worksheet? Thanks There's several ways to do this. 1. Instead of straight vlookups, use =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) wher...

Today Function
how is this function called in the code? I want to use in in an update query that is coded to a button. thanks Hey Dave, I hope I'm understanding what your asking for but I think this is what you are looking for: Today() HTH, Shane Dave wrote: >how is this function called in the code? >I want to use in in an update query that is coded to a button. > >thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 Well I think it is either Today() or Date() not sure which and not sure how to use it in the code. I ...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

how can I asign printscreen to a function key or key combination?
My key board has no printscreen key. What can I do? That seems unlikely, but it is hardly a Word issue. The PrtScn button is usually a dual function button somewhere on the top row of your keyboard. If it is not then you need to ask the keyboard manufacturer. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...

set value of a group of activex control points
Have a spreadsheet that has some 20+ activex control points (option buttons). Is there a way to group all these controls together & set their initial values the same? Trying to setup a "reset" type of operation that would clear all control points. I can do them individually via properties, but it's too time consuming. Any suggestions? ...