Thanks
0
kamraj123 (45)
8/1/2003 4:42:30 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Not able to send or receive with windows mail.
I have set up windows mail but are not able to send or recveive mail i have this error msg come up was wondering if someone might have some ideas on how i fix this prob. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thanks "Travnikk" <Travnikk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D31924D-1B29-49C6-AB8...

VC++ 6.0 projects
Hi, I have some VC++6 projects that I need to do some work on but don't have the VC++6 compiler. The projects are a few years old (they target Windows 98). Can I use the latest VC++ (.net) to open + change + recompile my VC++ 6 projects? The modified apps will be deployed on windows 98 machines. I would preferably like to use VC++6 but I can't find anyone that sells it anymore, so maybe its been discontinued? At the moment I am still using windows 98 on my development machine too. According to Microsoft product information, the latest VC++ doesn't say that it will run ...

New Mail Notification #9
Does anyone know how to get the New Mail Notification alert to work?? I have closely followed the instruction in the Tools ption etc, but it still does not appear. Is there a fix available? I am not even able to get the Alert Box to appearin the bottom right of the screen, although I do get a notification sound. Thanks for your help!!! Peter, London, UK If you're sure the feature is activated, it could be one of a few other problems. Here are a few articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, depending your other factors not mentioned in your post: http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...

shared mailbox
Hello, I'd like to give several users access to a mailbox, but need to ensure that all mail sent gets stored in the shared mailbox' sent items, not the individual users. What I'd like to accomplish * sent mail stored at one place * all replies sent to mail in the shared mailbox, send from the same account * custom signatures In the current setup, we're using IMAP accounts, where all of this can be set with client rules/signatures, but now we're migrating to Exhange, and it seems that strangely enough, our options are very limited! Any help would be ...

Not able to send mail
Hi all - a customer called today and said they can't send mail. This SBS 2008 box is a week old and the only thing I have done since last week was add a cert to the domain "remote.mydomain.com" They want to use OWA and RWW so we purchased a cert from Godaddy and installed it last night. Additionally I went in to the host and added an "A" record for "remote.mydomain.com" My question is; would adding the A record screw this up if they already have an A record for "mail.mydomain.com"? Both A records point to the SBS box. If that didn...

windows mail uitgaande email
sinds gisteren kan ik geen email meer verzenden met Windows Mail. Ik krijg de volgende foutmelding: Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden. Protocol: SMTP, Poort: 0, Beveiligd(SSL): Nee, Foutnummer: 0x800C013E. Kan iemand mij vertellen wat ik moet doen? The error message you got is very typical of interference caused by=20 an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled. Email ...

Autoarchive to another Mail Folder
Hi, I want to be able to setup autoarchive to store the emails to another mail folder, in my case another imap folder -- as opposed to saving the archived mails in a local pst file. Is this possible? It does not seem like this is possible through the vanilla Outlook 2007 interface, but is this possible through a plugin or something? I am running Outlook 2007 SP1. tia, rouble I believe Outlook will only archive to a .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://sup...

forwarding e-mail with pictures/attachments
When I receive an e-mail with a picture I can view it with no problem, but when I want to forward it the picture comes out blank. I tried to send it to my desktop, but they still come up blank. attachments seem to be ok, but not pictures. Do I have my e-mail set up wrong? No one else who use this computer has this problem but me. What do I have to check in order to find the problem. ...

How to Block a Newsgroup User With Vista Windows mail
Is there a way to block a newsgroup user or kill file with Vista windows mail.I could do this in outlook express. "Brian LD" <home@home.org> wrote in message news:FC2D55BC-0699-4625-BC53-317FDF9E8E42@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to block a newsgroup user or kill file with Vista windows > mail.I could do this in outlook express. Use a message rule, select a message from that sender>on the message menu>create rule from message>2nd box, select delete. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ Right-...

How can I view e-mails before the attachment downloads?
When I receive a new e-mail with an attachment, it takes forever to open that e-mail. Can anyone please advise? It's frustrating to wait 5min. for one e-mail just to open. Thank you! "fRuStRaTeD" <fRuStRaTeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B7FCBB8-6B2E-4813-98C5-2BFEDB5CC17A@microsoft.com... > When I receive a new e-mail with an attachment, it takes forever to open > that > e-mail. Can anyone please advise? It's frustrating to wait 5min. for one > e-mail just to open. Attachments aren't some separate entity distin...

Global Address List per Mail Domain
Hi! I host multiple domains on my Exchange 2003 server. I created new Global Address Lists in ESM for each mail domain: for example GAL for abc.com, and GAL for xyz.com. I want that the users who belong to domain abc.com should see ONLY and ONLY their own GAL, NOT the GAL for xyz.com. And users who belong to domain xyz.com should see only and only their own GAL. How can I realize it? Where should I restrict the permissions? Which permissions for whom? Best Regards Mustafa Have a look at this KB article How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.micr...

Problems : cannot open mail with attachments- Word, Excel etc
Problems : cannot open mail with attachments- Word, Excel etc from my Yahoo email accounts. I have a 733 MHZ PC with Windows ME. 192 RAM and 20 GB HD Recently I cannot open any attachments like Word or Excel received at my Yahoo email accounts. It says: "Internet Explorer cannot download.....from mail.yahoo.com Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site" I have to forward to it my other email addresses in Outlook Express and then attempt to forward it...but before forwarding it I click on the attachment and it opens. Also every Word or Excel doc I open appears...

impossible d'envoyer de mail � AOL
gOOD MORNING Je ne peux envoyer de mail � des correspondants AOL Je re�ois d'AOL et le reste fonctionne correctement J'urilise Outlook 2002 Merci d'avance pour votre aide Sorry, this is an English language newsgroup... <jjfulgoni@eciconseils.com> wrote in message news:cpovfc$1nh$1@news.tiscali.fr... > gOOD MORNING > Je ne peux envoyer de mail � des correspondants AOL > > Je re�ois d'AOL et le reste fonctionne correctement > J'urilise Outlook 2002 > > Merci d'avance pour votre aide > jjfulgoni@eciconseils.com <jjfulgoni@eciconseils...

can't delete mail from inbox...error message is..
outlook wont let me delete email messages from inbox the error message I keep receiving is "item could not be deleted. it was moved or already deleted, or access denied also sometimes i receive error message "the administrator has not set retention policies" ?? can anyone help ...

Local Exchange users not receiving mail
I've just loaded Exchange 2003 Server. We already had existing domain users in the domain so to create mailboxes for them I went into AD users and computers, selected the users object and right clicked on each user, selected Exchange tasks, then created each mailbox. That went very smoothly. However, no one is receiving email. They all send fine but do not receive. We do have a firewall and I have allowed SMTP and POP3 through the firewall. Presently we are not using Internet Email on the Exchange Server just internal email only. Can someone tell me why we can send locally...

Drop Down Boxes #6
I haven't done this in a long time and cannot remember how to do it. How do I make drop down lists in cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use Data Validation to restrict what they put into D5. Select cell D5, then Data > Validation Then from the drop down list, choose List, and in the Source box, put whatever you want, i.e. x. Then click OK. Now whenever you try to enter a value that is not correct, you get a warning. To help them even more, when the Valdiation dialog box is open, select the last tab, Error Alert. Put a title for it (Exact entry required...

How to prevent Internet Mail Service updating all receipients' email addresses
I've had to put another Exchange 5.5 server (ExchangeB) in my organization. We already have one Exchange 5.5 (ExchangeA). ExchangeA is having major problems and I'm looking at taking this offline. It currently acts as the bridgehead server and has the Internet Mail Service connected configured accordingly. Both Exchange servers have the same Home Site and are synchronizing and replicating between each other correctly. Mailboxes have successfully been migrated from ExchangeA to ExchangeB and the client machines are recognising this and re-configuring themselves accordingly when logging...

"Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy"
Hello, Can someone please tell me How I can disable/enable the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" on all users or contacts? We had a RUS issue and manually unchecked the box, now need put it back, really don't want to do that one by one for over 900 users. thanks a lot! CJ Hi, This script clear the contents os "msExchPoliciesExcluded" property for all AD. This set the checkbox ON. 1 - Change the domain name at line 07. 2 - Please try in lab first !!!! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Const ADS_PROPERTY_CLEAR = 1 ...

Converting from 6.0 to VS2005
I have a clean compile but when I try to link I get bunch of unresolved external symbol _DebugTrapFn Any ideas what I'm missing please ? A .lib file. Who defines that function? A strong hint is the name of the module that it is unresolved in, but you didn't bother to tell us that. joe On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:33:05 -0800, "Michael Tissington" <mtissington@newsgroup.nospam> wrote: >I have a clean compile but when I try to link I get bunch of unresolved >external symbol _DebugTrapFn > >Any ideas what I'm missing please ? > Joseph M. Newc...

Q: Deleting the last character from text fields in excel [Us@ cod@ to @-mail m@]
I have a bunch of text with a trailing blank. How can I get rid of them? In MS word there is the ^p to indicate the end of the line. Is there something like this in Excel? Thanks! Sam (Post your replies here. My e-mail is spam proofed unless you use a code) Hi, S.V. Short of going to VBA, have you tried to insert a helper column and use the trim function? HTH >-----Original Message----- >I have a bunch of text with a trailing blank. > >How can I get rid of them? > >In MS word there is the ^p to indicate the end of the line. > >Is there something like this...

Outlook crashes of an e-mail?
Hi, my Outlook always crashes because of an corrupt e-mail which has been on the top in my e-mail directory for two weeks now. I cant get rid of it. I can�t remove it the normal way because Outlook always freezes immediately when I start Outlook. Is there any other way to get rid of this actual e-mail?? Grateful for any advice. Borje Start Outlookin Safe mode and see if you can delete it now. When you say at the "top of my email directory' - do you mean inbox? outlook version? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Problem when converting to UNICODE, please help
Hello, I didn't think it would be so much pain to convert to UNICODE. The problems I have so far are: 1. I can't use atof() to convert a string to float number. Someone said to use _tstof() (wtof()). But my version of VS6 doesn't have that (not in my MSDN either - July2001). Someone must have done unicode at that time. What was the solution then? 2. It is so odd that I can't use _tcsncpy() or lstrcpyn() to copy 2 strings, eg. CHARFORMAT cfThis; LPCTSTR sFaceName;// from calling function _tcsncpy(cfThis.szFaceName, sFaceName, LF_FACESIZE); The message is {cannot conv...

NDIS 6 LWF driver indicating packets
Hi, I have NDIS 6.0 packet modifying filter driver running on Windows 7 x64. It examines outgoing TCP traffic and sometimes has to return a packet being sent back to the protocol. For this purpose I make source/ destination address manipulations in cloned NBL and pass it to NdisFIndicateNetBufferLists function. The problem is that sometimes NDIS calls back my FilterReturnNetBufferLists function and sometimes does not which eventually leads to frozen connection. As far as I can see this happens only for "large" packets, at least 2 times longer than MTU but not for all of t...

Outlook Connector
Hi, I have just installed the latest version of outlook connector (12.1) to use with my Windows live account on Outlook 2003. on a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium. I have the following error when trying to receive e-mail from my Yahoo account as well as the hotmail account. Task 'Yahoo -Sending' Reported error (0x8004010F): The operation Failed. An object could not be found Task 'Yahoo -Receiving Reported error (0x8004010F): The operation Failed. An object could not be found Task 'myname @ hotmail -Sending' Reported error (0x8004010F): The operation Fai...

HTML E-mail Blurry
I am attemting to send an HTML e-mail with Publisher 2003. When I preview the e-mail all the text is blurry. I've read previous posts and I do not have the setting (tools, options, web, send as JPEG") checked. Why is the text blurry and what can I do to send a professional looking e-mail. Thanks If you have read all the posts and replies, you should know the best way is to send the attachment as a pdf file. If you don't like the advice, don't be mad at the messenger. Mike TRM wrote: > I am attemting to send an HTML e-mail with Publisher 2003. When I preview the...