Tape Symbolic Name

I have three tape drives w/ symbolic names of tape0, tape1, and tape2.
While running in a linux environment, there is no problem, but when
running in WinXP, windows switches the symbolic names around, which
ruins a tape read program I use.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks

Jeremiah Thoman

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

by the way, this is written in VC++ 2003 .Net

Drive and full path in name at top of screen
The default seems to be to show the filename on the top border in Excel. Is there any way to include the full path including the drive letter as well? I have an operator who gets confused as to where she is and this would be really nice. Public WithEvents App As Application Private Sub Workbook_Open() Set App = Application End Sub Private Sub App_WindowActivate(ByVal Wb As Workbook, ByVal Wn As Window) Wn.Caption = Wb.FullName End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you m...

OWA only accessible via internet with exteral ip address, not with internet domain name
OWA only accessible via internet with exteral ip address, not with internet domain name. Computers in the network can use the internet domain name and access OWA, but outside the local network (on internet) computers get "cannot find server or dns error". Can someone please help me out? Hi, You have created an A record (like webmail) pointing to the external IP address of the exchange server so that the users can type webmail.domain.com? Leif "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1160773241.988293.84780@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > OWA on...

avoid duplicate names in legend
I have 8 series in my chart. (1 x-Series Values, and 8 y-Series Values). These Eight series are two idential groups. I want names in legend apear only for one group as they are smae for bouth groups. Usig same name for both groups, duplicates the names in legend. leaving them blank doesn't the name but the icon comes which is not good. Is there any way to show only one group legend? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan I got my answer through a search in this ng from Mike Middleton to a question by Neil Golwasser. No need for reply. thanks -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar...

Linking with names
Does anybody know how to link to a named cross reference? Instead pulling data using a static address like =D5; name the row Revenue and the column 1Q05 then something like =Revenue|1Q05? Look in Excel's help for "natural language formulas" I'm not sure many would recommend using them (I don't). You may want to use a combination of =index() and a couple of match()'s. Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html Especially examples #2&#3. davide212 wrote: > > Does anybody know how to link to a named cross ...

Column Setup as True/False if Cell Reference Has Name In it...
This should be a relatively easy question. I have a column (B) that I want to display these values based off column (A): 1) If Column A is blank, Column B is blank. 2) If Column A has something, it should be set at 0. 3) If Column A has something, it may be changed to 1. 1 and 2 are what I'm worried about. This is essentially used to give a percent complete. There will be names in Column A and if it's 0, it means they didn't complete their assignment. If there is no name in Column A, then the field should be blank and not affect what the AVERAGE function used at the bottom of...

converting email address names in a range of cells to real names
-- John See this: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45B68332-52D0-4AF8-B343-F22EA00E9255@microsoft.com... > > -- > John ...

Format Name
How can I make sure that a name that is entered as a. smith will be formatted to A. Smith? Me.YourControlName = StrConv(Me.YourControlName, vbProperCase) in the BeforeUpdate event of the control should do it. ...using Your Control Name of course. sandrao wrote: >How can I make sure that a name that is entered as a. smith will be >formatted to A. Smith? -- RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro Please post back to this forum so all may benefit. Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Feb 28, 12:43=A0pm, "ruralguy via AccessMonster....

Name work sheet
I am trying to name the only sheet in a workbook the days date. This doesn't work. I guess if it worked I wouldn't be writing this. oldjay Sub Save_File_As1() ' Dim NewShtDate As String Dim listnumber As String NewShtDate = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy") ActiveSheet.SaveAs = NewShtDate listnumber = InputBox("Please enter List number to save", "Customer's List", "Word List " & NewShtDate) List = "C:\Cora\" & listnumber & ".XLS" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=List End Sub T...

How can I include a workbook name when specifying a Range in VBA code?
How can I include a workbook name when specifying a Range in VBA code? Thanks, Keith Hi Heith, One way: Sub Tester08() Dim WB As Workbook Dim WS As Worksheet Dim Rng As Range Set WB = Workbooks("MyWorkBook") Set WS = WB.Sheets("MysheetName") Set Rng = WS.Range("A1:D100") End Sub --- Regards, Norman "keithb" <k31thb@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eOP3QaXmFHA.2628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How can I include a workbook name when specifying a Range in VBA code? > > Thanks, > > Keith > Hi Keith, Just to add, if...

Colon at the end of excel file name(ex: problem.xls:1, problem.xls
Within the same file there seems to be two versions. How do I get rid of it? Thanks for any help! You have two windows open to the same workbook. Select the window to close and hit ctrl-F4. Save the workbook the way you like it. financeguy wrote: > > Within the same file there seems to be two versions. How do I get rid of it? > Thanks for any help! -- Dave Peterson Thanks Dave "Dave Peterson" wrote: > You have two windows open to the same workbook. > > Select the window to close and hit ctrl-F4. > > Save the workbook t...

How do I name charts in Excel 2000?
Hi all, I'm doing some IT coursework and have a macro that creates a chart from some data in a worksheet. All works well until you run the macro again - now it says the chart doesn't exist... I've sinced looked at it in visual basic, the highlighted line says to select "Chart 22" my guess is that every time I run this macro it gets bigger by one, but even so, it now has the wrong name, and the macro crashes :'( Anyone know how I can set each newly created chart to be called "Chart 22" or whatever else I tell it to look for? Please? ;) If you're ...

need help looping through string of names
I'm passing a string of county names from a SQL procedure to my vb.net code. I can set the string in whatever way needed but right now I passing it like this: "oakland","wayne","saginaw","houghton" Each county has " around it and they are separated by a comma. The vb.net variable for the string of counties is autoRunCounties I need to sequence through the string on the vb.net end. I tried this but it doesn't work I think because vb.net puts extra double quotes around the value in the variable but that migh tjust be for the ...

Extract domain names out of URLs
Hi, I have a list of URLs and I would like to find a way to extract the domain name from the URL. The URLs can be prefixed with www in some cases and I'd also like to strip that off. So, for the following URLs http://www.wiseclerk.com/group-news/tag/libor http://www.wiseclerk.com/group-news/2008/04/ http://www.wiseclerk.com/group-news/ http://www.tiscali.co.uk/search/results.php?section=&from=&query=setana sports http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20080408/223932792.shtml http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20080408/223932792.shtml http://www.techdirt.com/ http://www.techdirt.com/ htt...

where is the "checkmark" symbol located in word
I am using Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. Jibechi wrote: > I am using Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. Type the number 2713 or 2714 in the document and then press Alt+X. The first one gives you a lighter checkmark, the second one a bolder checkmark. If you want a checkmark in a box, use the number 2611 (and the empty box is 2610). In general, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/InsertSpecChars.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup s...

Downloaded Transaction change names
When I download my credit card transactions from Chase, sometimes the merchant names get matched with the wrong merchant. For instance, "Nugget Market" comes accross as "Central City Garage", and selects the car expense categories. I checked the "preferred Payee Names" screen to be sure there wasn't a connection there -- there isn't. How can Money screw up a payee name so totally, and can it be fixed? Thanks to any kind soul out there in the electronic world! ...

"from name incorrect on email"
I have Office 2002 XP and I now have a cable internet account. The account name is under one name and when I set the email account up in office the account name is showing instead of the name I put in. The email address is the correct one but the "from" name is incorrect. I have been getting bounced mail because the name isn't recognized by people that know me. I have checked with the cable company and they tell me that it is embedded somewhere in the outlook program. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you so much! Jan Jan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Where do I find a name badge template for publisher?
I want to use publisher to make name tag inserts. The Avery # is 5390, which I can find in Word, but can't seem to make happen in Publisher. Thanks Publisher 2003: File|Page Setup Select Labels Scroll down to Avery 5390. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "blueiris" <blueiris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B575975-9FF1-4050-ABF3-D5E79FD95A95@microsoft.com... >I want to use publisher to make name tag inserts. The Avery # is 5390, >which > I can find in Word, but can't seem to make happen in Publisher. > > Thanks Tha...

Set for example A1 to page name
Hi, with page name i mean, those at the bottom of excel, i really don' know what their called, i hope you understand.:rolleyes: I would like to set A1 to the name that is given to the page name, i the page name is changed then A1 will do the same... Thanks alot / Jennife -- Hamida ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hamidam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3713 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56866 Those are called Worksheet Tabs. The word "Pages" is genera...

Investment account matching
I have several investments from Fidelity NettBenefits which update automatically but do not correctly match the name i have assigned in MS Money. For example, Fid Contrafund is the nomenclature that downloads but I actually use the full description - Fidelity Contrafund. As a result, the online update does not post top my account but rather prompts for a totally new investment line - which is incorrect. This stems from the original time that this new account updated online and I erroneously neglected to match the online description to the correct investment in Money. How can I correct...

Locating OPOS Device name
I have some TSP800 and TSP200 Star receipt printers that I'd like to configure to work with RMS 2.0. I downloaded the OPOS device driver from Star and installed it. How do I know, or find out, what the device name is? There wasn't any sort of configuraiton utiltiy, it just silently installed a driver. It it probably easy, but this is my first experience with OPOS devices. thanks, Keith the star utility has a OPOS setup in it, This is the name you should use. -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Keith" <KKaa...

editing a name
I am unable to edit a name.I have entered a 240 characters function on refers to box of as named formula.While going to edit the function in refers to box cursor is not moving to the end.while pressing the arrow keys the curson instead of moving it is erasing the text towards the arrow key direction.What is the remedy. After you click in the refers to box press the F2 key. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04115BF3-521A-4974-BB60-C16B64C08F11@microsoft.com I am unable to edit a name.I h...

Switch order of series name and value as displayed in chart
I have a column chart with three separate columns. I want to include the series name and the value in the chart, however I want to display the series name after the value. Presently Column 1 displays - Day(s)9 Column 2 displays - Day(s)5 Column 3 displays - Days(s)15 Can you tell me how I can change the chart so the series name and value will display themselves like this? Column 1 displays - 9 Day(s) Column 2 displays - 5 Day(s) Column 2 displays - 15 Day(s) Have the data label only display value. Then, format the label, go to the number tab, and give it a custom format o...

Creation of a List of Symbols for Technical Essays
The document that I want to prepare is technical and the following feature, if implemented would help to make it more consistent. The feature which characterise most technical essay is a list of the symbols used, mainly letters with subscripts or greek letters, which have a specific meaning and are therefore collected in a list where their meaning is explained in full. In Word this kind of list is not implemented, I was wondering if such a list can be implemented with this particular options: Once the symbol is entered, it can be selected and it enters a list, its format ...

Using Named Printer's "Template User"
Hi, The Help for "Setup Named Printers > Advanced > Template User ID" does a good job of telling us how to set up a Template User. That said, I cannot find any examples on how to actually use a Template User. Here's what I did: 1) Created a new GP user called "Test Printuser" 2) In the "Assign Named Printers" window, I pressed the Setup button, a. typed in "FUNKY" for the Printer ID, dropdown Printer Class b. selected USER for Printer Class c. lookup and selected HP DeskJet for the Printer Name d. ...

Business Portal
I am trying to customize Business Portal to not show the name of the different companies that I have installed in GP. How do I do that? Even a Business Portal User that doesn’t have access to GP can see the name of all the companies. Thanks, David David, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Business Portal company dropdown should only show companies that a user has access to. Is it possible that your users are assigned to the User role in All Companies? The main thing to remember is that if your users have any role in a particular company, that company will show up in the dropd...