Tab key press does not work when MS flex grid presend on CFormView Based views

When dynamically create a MS Flex Grid based grid control on a CFormView
based view in MFC application, tab will stop working after one press which
will put the last columns header of the grid control in focus and you could
not tab anymore. You have  to move the carrot to another control on the view
manually using mouse, then the tab will start working again. This only
happens with the .NET VS 2003 and 2005 compiler.

0
dennisz1 (7)
9/28/2006 7:53:15 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Dennis,

I have performed some tests on this issue and could repro the problem in
our side. In VS2003 and VS2005, if the MSFlexGrid control created
dynamically within an MFC CFormview, it will not forward its focus when the
user press 'Tab' key inside its grid.

The problem seems to be the dynamic created MSFlexGrid control hasn't  been
added to the tab order group, I have also tried to set the WS_TABSTOP style
to it, but it still not works.

It seems to be a product issue in VS2003 and VS2005. I will forward this
problem to our product team for review.

Thanks for this feedback!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

v-garych (605)
9/29/2006 9:12:13 AM
So, do we know when should we expect an turn around? Thanks.

""Gary Chang[MSFT]"" <v-garych@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Dennis,
>
> I have performed some tests on this issue and could repro the problem in
> our side. In VS2003 and VS2005, if the MSFlexGrid control created
> dynamically within an MFC CFormview, it will not forward its focus when
> the
> user press 'Tab' key inside its grid.
>
> The problem seems to be the dynamic created MSFlexGrid control hasn't
> been
> added to the tab order group, I have also tried to set the WS_TABSTOP
> style
> to it, but it still not works.
>
> It seems to be a product issue in VS2003 and VS2005. I will forward this
> problem to our product team for review.
>
> Thanks for this feedback!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Gary Chang
> Microsoft Online Community Support
> ications.

> rights.

0
dennisz1 (7)
10/2/2006 2:49:19 PM
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the response!

I have already reported this issue to our product team, but it is hardly to
tell when they will fix this problem at this time. I highly suggest you can
also submit this feedback to our product feedback center, our development
team may communicate with you directly on the issue there:

http://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=210

Thanks!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

v-garych (605)

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

Color Tabs
Is there away to change the color of the tab only when the sheet is active? Only from XL2002 on. -- HTH Bob Phillips "zero" <zero.tag21@excelforum.com> wrote in message news:zero.tag21@excelforum.com... > Is there away to change the color of the tab only when the sheet is > active? Only in 2002/2003 Zero -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "zero" <zero.tag21@excelforum.com> wrote in message news:zero.tag21@excelforum.com... > Is there away to change the color of the tab only when the sheet is > active...

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

DLookup not working
My code is If DLookup("Mechanic", "PartSuffixTbl", "Mechanic = " & CLng(MechanicList.Column(0)) & "") = MechanicList.Value Then MechanicList.SetFocus MechanicBox.Value = "" MessageBox = "This Mechanic cannot be modified because" MessageBox2 = "there are Wheels assigned to it" Me.refresh This is to look in the Mechanic column of PartSuffixTbl and if the MechanicList.Value is found, the following code takes place. I have and else also but the problem is...

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Rule to automatically mark header to download based on contact list?
Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? TIA. Rich On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Hi Ben: 2003 SP1 Rich "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.spuxh8sf6r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? > > What version of Outlook are you using? > > > -- >...

Show / hide design grid
For some reason thedesign grid in one of the queries that I have created disappears. I can still see the tables and queries upon which the query in question is based but the actual design grid has gone. The grid cannot be located by doing a grid search using the scroll bars (all the way to the bottom; across to the right one step; all the way to the top; across to the right one more step\; etc etc) I cannot find any setting that will restore the query design grid and cannot find any reference to it on Google either. I have Googled "Show hide query design grid", "Cannot see...

Password not working
HI, I have been using my default folder set with a password for many years. Of late, i realised that I am not being asked for the password even when I restart the system. When I reset the password, my old password is being required for that. But again when I open Outlook, I am not being asked for the password. What could be the problem be? I recently installed YahooPop to have POP access to my Yahoo account. Could that be a possible reason for this? Thanks for any help. Regarsd Ramesh ...

Work spreadsheet issue
If I have multiple rows of data on a worksheet and on another worksheet I want various counts of rows that have certain things in common, how would I do that? Thanks. -- jenrenea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jenrenea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23098 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373900 Can you provide a sample of your data along with your expected results? -- Domenic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domenic's...

auto hide toolbar in Excel won't work
I have the toolbar at the bottom of the screen set to 'autohide' but when I'm in Excel sometimes it does 'hide' until the cursor is moved over it, but mostly it won't autohide so that I cannot see the Sheet names at the bottom of the screen. I am running Windows XP Home and Microsoft Office Professional 2003. Can anyone help please? -- teecee8 Hi Every time you move your cursor too far into the bottom area, the toolbar will pop up. Normally it disappears when you move your cursor up again. If it does not, try clicking on you spreadsheet. If you right click o...

Need to have more Columns available in advanced view
I know how to add columns in advanced view but i can't add all the columns I'd like to add. I can choose more fields (attributs) as search attributes than as result columns. Is there somewhere a switch to turn a field (attribute) into not only beeing searchable but selectable as a column in advanced search? Example: "Invoice Product": Is there a way to make an advanced search or view which delivers field (attributes) of "Invoice Product" as a result? Marko ...

Option for fields to show up in datasheet view
Hello, Since most people are more familiar with excel then access, my users prefer to see it in datasheet view. However, since it could be too long, anyone can help me how to make an option to show up only field that we can chose in the form. I remember there is a sample of database that has that one, but I do not know where is it now. Please help. Thanks in advance, Frank -- Frank Situmorang Simplest solution might be to set the Visible property of the controls on the form, based on the fields the user wants to see. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

VBA code (rules) won't work after reboot
First off I am not very knowlegeable about Outook or VBA coding so I apologize in advance for missing the obvious. I have created some rules in outlook (actually exported/imported from a functioning account). The rules basically: -look for an email with an attachment and with a specific word in the subject line -move the email to a different folder -copy the attachment and place it in a shared system folder (done with VBA code) The problem I have is the rules will only work until Outlook is closed down or the server is rebooted. After that the rules partially work (the VBA...

find related messages not working
I have a user when he clicks on the banner to find related messages...nothing happens. It used to work as planned and he claims nothing was changed. Hello, please use scanpst.exe and if it isnt working after that, try to use ? | see and repair >-----Original Message----- >I have a user when he clicks on the banner to find related >messages...nothing happens. It used to work as planned >and he claims nothing was changed. >. > ...

Utility to process rules based on message receive times?
Hi, Does anyone know of a utility that will check a mailbox and process Outlook rules based on how long a message has been in an inbox, and/or remained unread? Thanks! Jeff Yes, there is at least one - Auto-mate. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm#special -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exch...

copy & insert based on criterial
When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the Account-Institution Business Office:. Another option I have is that if address = get new address from page 2. HELP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ending 02/13/10 Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS 883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc 883 119245 MUSIL, TODD E abc 883 Total ----------------------------------------------------------------- Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLO...

ADP in A2007 Runtime: InputParameters not working
(Sorry about the double-post. This is the other article I wanted to post) Forms in ADP can have a stored procedure as the RecordSource. That sproc can take input parameters, which are specified in the InputParameters property. Example: RecordSource="dbo.EmployeesByID" (or use the RecordSourceQualifier to specify "dbo"), InputParameters="@ID=1" On A2007 Runtime this no longer works: Bad query parameter '@ID'. On A2007 (with or without the /runtime command line switch) it does work. The only workaround I have found so far is to put the entire expression in...

Preventing outside work to send email to a distribution group
I want this distribution group for internal use only. How can I stop the outside to send message to this address. ...

MS Office 2007 Enterprise Problem
Hi, Gurus, I am using Windows Vista Business version and have installed the above version of MS office. When I close all three application software, i.e., word, excel, and powerpoint, a same message shows up "Microsoft Office Live Add-in Sign-in has stopped working", and then "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Anyone has any idea as to how to correct this? Thanks. Jon Gather all the necessary documentation that you received with the Home Use Program of Office...

why do i need to iisret everytime I boot for crm to work ?
Hi guys, I have a crm sql and iis server on same box with win 2008 and its also a domain controller. Everytime I boot, i need to make a iisreset for crm to work. Anyone get this also? Thanks ...