System Calls from MFC Application

using system() command from mfc application, the black
screen pops-up before my dialog box is very annoying, how
do I automatically minimize it or close it and only show
my dialog window?

Thanks

0
arunkk (1)
8/14/2003 12:16:59 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Instead of using system() , use any of the following API's.

    CreateProcess()
    ShellExecute[Ex]()

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]

"Arun" <arunkk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> using system() command from mfc application, the black
> screen pops-up before my dialog box is very annoying, how
> do I automatically minimize it or close it and only show
> my dialog window?
>
> Thanks

0
CheckAbdoul

About Calling RTC's get_NetworkAddress
Hi, I am using RTC Client to program. I can not get the result by using get_networkaddress function. please help me!! thanks ...

Money 2001 causing system to freeze
I have been happily usnig Money 2001 on my current system for about a year with no problems. A couple of weeks ago it started to cause the system to freeze for no apparent reason. Unable to identify the cause of the problem, I wiped the system and did a complete reinstallation of everything from scratch. In spite of this, I still have the problem, with Money causing everything to lock up after a few minutes of use and necessitating a reboot to continue. The system is as follows : Athlon XP2000+ processor Nvidia Geoforce2 MX/MX 400 graphics card 512Mb RAM XP Home Edition Steve Silverman ...

Beta for VS2008 MFC update to make Office 2007 UI
A Beta for VS2008 MFC update to make Office 2007 UI as well as C++ TR1 is now available. See http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2008/01/07/mfc-beta-now-available.aspx I took a look at the help and the code to create a ribbon looks pretty convoluted. The reason is, like the CodeJock ribbon, this one based on BCGSoft also has no designer support, so you must specify every ribbon item by code. -- David >A Beta for VS2008 MFC update to make Office 2007 UI as well as C++ TR1 is >now available. See >http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2008/01/07/mfc-beta-now-available.aspx...

Office 2004 applics won't run after Install

MFC and GDi+
I have just a little experience with MFC in VS6. I had occasion to use CDC::AngleArc() for a small, 180 degree arc with pen width 2 and the results looked pretty poor. I understand that GDI+ does edge anti-aliasing but I can't find clear information about the integration of MFC and GDI+. A fairly unclear article in CodeProject seems to say that MFC and GDI+ are easy to integrate by adding a few lines to a few files. Does this mean that CDC::AngleArc() results would look much better or do I need to make code changes to get GDI+ features? Alternatively, If I used VC++ and MFC in VS.NET ...

Read/write excel and word 2007 documents from another application
Hello, I make a comparative analysis in order to decide which "method" to use to access data in office documents from .net application. Data should be both, read and written in word and excel documents! There is ACE, COM and xml on the table... Does anybody can give me a suggestion, hint or similar to make best list of pros and cons for all three approaches? Any help is appreciated, Regards, mco ...

why is CoUninitialize being called in CDHtmlDialog::Navigate
0010c614 7e27e725 ole32!CoUninitialize 0010c61c 7e27eb20 ieframe!SHCoUninitialize+0x10 0010c638 7e27e99e ieframe!SHGetNameAndFlagsW+0x78 0010d6b8 7e27eb4a ieframe!IEGetNameAndFlagsEx+0xf2 0010d6d8 7e2763aa ieframe!IEGetDisplayName+0x1c 0010e744 7e262562 ieframe!GetEventURL+0x3f 0010e7e8 7e22a07b ieframe!FireEvent_BeforeNavigate+0x39 0010e8ec 7e2298fa ieframe!CBaseBrowser2::_FireBeforeNavigateEvent+0x19b 0010f96c 7e25fe44 ieframe!CBaseBrowser2::_NavigateToPidl+0x134 0010fbc0 7e25ff76 ieframe!CBaseBrowser2::_OnGoto+0x31a 0010fbd4 7e21c312 ieframe!CBaseBrowser2::WndProcBS+0x430 0010fbf4 7e21c394 ...

MS CRM 3.0 Application Examination / Certification
Hi, I am preparing to take the 'Application' certifcation at the moment. Can anyone please verify if Workflow and Administration are part of the 'Application' examination or are they part of another exam. Thanks. Hi Jerry, Workflows are part of Customization Examination and Administration is part of Installation and Configuration. Good Luck for your examination. Benjamin "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A8E7AF8F-5116-444C-8CC8-C8B6BAE81F38@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am preparing to take the 'Applicat...

How to use Windows Installer and execute the application using IIS
Hello Community I have an ASP.Net application that uses C# and SqlServer running on Server 2003. I have IIS installed on my machine. I downloaded Windows Installer 3.1 and created a Web Setup Project. I created the Primary Output and the Content files but when I right click the Web Setup Project and click "Properties" I get "Property Pages" instead of "properties". Also I don't see any "msi" file that got created after creating the Web Setup Project. I never got the option to create debug or release mode neither so those fold...

full system backup
I have a SBS server that I am using backup exec to backup the entire system every day. What part(s) of the exchange store or logs should I be excluding from the data backup? the below note is in the backup exec help section: Note As a general practice, it is recommended that you exclude transaction log directories from the file system backup. As you know the mail stores are in the same directory as the transaction logs so does this mean I should really exclude the entire directory, or just the transaction logs? On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 10:31:13 -0600, "SBS user" &l...

Can two accounts use the same Applications word excel powerpoint etc
I've found after loading Microsoft Office 2004 that only one user account can access the applications is this right? Cheers Chris On 6/19/07 9:00 AM, in article 1182268802.874837.69650@n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "Jane & Chris Livesey" <christopherlivesey@hotmail.com> wrote: > I've found after loading Microsoft Office 2004 that only one user > account can access the applications is this right? If Office is installed in the root Application folder, it can be used by all Users on that computer. Perhaps you are confusing this with installing Office on sepa...

Vista System Problem
I'm wondering if someone can help me with this problem with Windows Vista: On one of the profiles after logging on all the icons with the exception of the recycle bin disappeared. Having had previous problems with the desktop where the icons were non-responsive I logged out and back with no results. Thinking maybe someone deleted them all by accident i restored the contents of the recycle bin and that did nothing either. Multiple error messages were popping up and one said access to C://Windows/System32/config/systemprofile/desktop was denied. I opened this file and in the proce...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Correct Time displays in Entourage calendar by adjusting the correct System Preferences"
"Jeremy", a Microsoft Entourage newsgroup reader, asked if others had seen his issue where his calendar was not displaying the AM/PM symbols even though he was certain his clock was not set to 24-hour format. After reinstalling Mac OS X, "Kent" found that Entourage was using the AM/PM time format even though his clock was set to use 24-hour format. "JMB" reported that every new event in his calendar defaulted to a time of "7:08 PM" and he can't adjust the time at all. Are these bugs in Entourage or signs of Database corruption? The answer act...

GetParent() from a modal dialog in a MFC SDI application
Hello, I have a MFC SDI CFormView application and in the View I create a dialog that I DoModal(); The dialog is created using the Resource Editor, not dynamically. In the OnInitDialog() I use this code to get a pointer to the View that is calling the dialog CMarkerView *pView = (CMarkerView*)GetParent(); I then use this to change a member variable in the view pView->m_currMagazine = nMagazine; Somehow this is wrong! using this code will make me crash in CPlex::FreeDataChain(), See Call Stack below. What is wrong and how to I get a pointer to the View? // Anders -- English is not my f...

Overloading MFC Functions
I wanted to bump up this thread, sorry. The original post is at the bottom... Thanks to all who replied. The problem, it turns out, is covered in the M$ docs: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/05/c/default.aspx I overlooked a simple thing. I didn't call the *base class* in my derived class function. What I tried was: void CMyCtrl::Create( my_argument_list) { some code; Create(mfc_arg_list); some other code; } So of course VC++ snagged me for an iicorrect arg. list. Although in this case it's very clear to me, there are other instances in MFC when yo...

Hide System Fileds in table
Hello All, How can I hide/show the system fields in a table i.e. s_Generation and s_GUID? Thanks Abe You posed your question in a newsgroup dedicated to Access forms. I'll assume you want not to see those fields in your form, rather than "hiding" them in the underlying table. After all, you don't want your users mucking about in the tables directly... If you need/want the fields attached to the form, but not visible, you can set the control's .Visible property to False. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author...

Applications Exam
Hi there, i'm taking the applications exam next friday, but it's my first ever certification exam. Could someone please put a sample question and possible answers just to have an idea of the exam's structure? Thanks in advance! Hi, I'm currently study to pass AGAIN the exam. My last result was 78% It's hard. Be sure you know the binder and the software. Just to let you know, the las 5 question is on product section (specialy hard). Be sure you know Unist, base Units... Good luck >-----Original Message----- >Hi there, i'm taking the applications exam...

Retrieve and Write data to Great Plains from third party web application
Hello, We are using MS CRM 3.0 and MS Great Plains, plus a third part .Net web application that I am customizing. My third party web app needs retrieve and write data to Great Plains. I read up a little on this and found a couple ways to go about this. I saw stuff on the Integration Manager and eConnect. Which would you suggest to use? Right now, I've been playing around with eConnect. But, I'm having troubles on actually getting specific data back from Great Plains. And, I haven't tried to write anything yet. Do you know of any good manuals or tutorials I could look throug...

Anybody familiar with an Add in call 411
Hello, I had on our system a Very nice tool call 411 Customer Search. But for some reason one day it just stop working. I check with our second store and it was also down. they whent down at the same time. it was not a tryout software. So I don't understand what could have happen to a very useful tool. If any body knows what happen please let me know. Thanks -- Reynold Cycle www.reynoldcycle.com ...

application failed to initialize properly (0xC0000005)
Hi, I developed an application under VC++ 6 (MFC) on Windows XP. When I generate an setup the app runs well on Windows NT and Winows XP, but under Win 2000 I got the message "application failed to initialize properly (0xC0000005)" and "unable exception in xxx.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Accesss violation ". After that I installed VC++ 6.0 on Win 2000 for debugging the error, but I coudln't. After each start (release & debug) I get the same message as above. Any ideas jensemann hi, If you are getting the error in the debug build also, then may be the stack t...

Add to list when closing Phone Call
I was wondering how to add to the list of options when selecting Actions, Close Phone Call on the phone call dialog. All that appears is Sent, Received or Cancelled. Thanks Simon ...

MFC/.NET afxwin.h
I am quite new to the world of C++ and MFC, I'd appreciate some help here. I tried to Google for it and to search msdn.microsoft.com but could not find an answer. I hope my description of the issue below is correct. I am trying to write a program that would be able to analyze Windows object withouth knowing how were they built. Sort of a Spy like thing. I know how to fetch the window handle of a windows given its title and the window handles for its children but when I encounter a window which is an MFC object (such as a ListView) I cannot look into it. Based on this article I can ge...

Call Contacts from Ms Outlook 2007 in Ms Word 2007
How can I call Contacts from Ms Outlook 2007 in Ms Word 2007 in order to print envelopes? Please reply me on ovais71@hotmail.com See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at: http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Syed Ovais Masroor" <Syed Ovais Masroor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D69C7E3-5BA1-4904-B712-31DD3FDA645E@microsoft.co...

Topaz Systems Signature Capture
I need new sig capture pads for my store. The HHP 1500 are not available on ebay anymore!! I want to use Topaz but was not successful with the SigLite. I just read that siglite does not do opos but SigGem does. Does anyone have any help here on this. I have calls into Topaz now. Jason The Greene Grape www.greenegrape.com Jason, We've tested Topaz units and they do work with RMS. Topaz, should be able to help you out if you can't get anywhere with them give me a call and I can try to help. 404-352-3587 Daniel techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 &q...

Using VC .NET 2003 MFC Class wizard
I have my application split up into many DLLs each with it's own resource DLL. In VC6, I was able to fire up the class wizard on the resource DLL's resources and tell it that the source files of it's owner DLL are part of the project. This allowed me to create all the classes that dealt with those resources in the parent DLL. The VC .NET 2003 IDE works differently. When I attempt to create a class from a dialog in the resource DLL (right click on the dialog and choose Add Class...) and tell Class Wizard to put the corresponding code in the parent DLL's directory, everything...